Multi-Box Temp Bans?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
By fillerbunny9 2020-02-03 23:54:40  
fonewear said: »
Jdove said: »
why do people even bother turning the game on if they don't play with other people or just turn bots on and afk where do you even get a sense of accomplishment and how is it fun? not to mention how much of a waste of money it is

Why do birds suddenly appear every time I post on FFXIAH ?
this thread would make a much better musical number than whatever it is currently passing for.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-03 23:55:21  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
imagine being so used to your rmt/botting lifestyle that you think the average player actually has 6 characters

Talking sub numbers, so dollar mules not multiboxes. The amount of people using all 15 for freebies will drag the average up a bit. Sorry about your reading comprehension.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
サーバ: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-06 07:17:10  
I'd say if someone has 15 mules for freebies they're all interacting with the AH. unless they made 15 mules that just dont care about silver vouchers. World's simplest voucher is to put something on the AH.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2020-02-06 07:24:30  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
World's simplest voucher is to put something on the AH.

That thing doesn't have to sell.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-03-10 02:05:33  
I like alcohol.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-10 02:22:01  
Everyone is a cynic these days, sad.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-03-10 02:44:44  
tight
By Shichishito 2020-03-10 02:46:27  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
I like alcohol.
not just you.
By Draylo 2020-03-11 03:04:18  
Any casualties?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-11 05:01:15  
Happy RIP
By zigzagzig 2020-03-11 05:26:58  
Get rid of follow command .... Win
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-11 05:32:59  
/follow command seems like a command implicity developed for multiboxing.

I found amusing when at some point they allowed the command to be used in an invisible player. Like, why would a vanilla player want to follow an invisible player?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2020-03-11 07:45:50  
Pantafernando said: »
why would a vanilla player want to follow an invisible player?

you forget back when the game was fresh, jungles were dense and dangerous, it took forever to get anywhere. many's the time you'd have to lead someone to a camp deep in a zone where they'd never been, where chocobos couldn't travel, when mounts didn't exist.

that's why.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-11 07:50:03  
No, thats not why.

If youre suposelly playing vanilla, there is no reason leaving your char on follow. Dense forest is even more a reason to not to do it because you can get stucked and lose track of the guy youre following. The normal thing to do is having the guy leading targeted and follow by your own path. Autofollowing just makes sense if you arent actually playing physically, or youre lazy to incredible levels.
By Drayco 2020-03-11 07:54:14  
Or you could have to take a dump and didn't want to slow your exp party down.

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. This entire premise of follow is for bots/alts only is ridiculous.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-11 08:01:24  
Im just stating a fact.

Regardless of their original intention, this command is just very useful for multiboxing. There is no arguing on this.
By Shichishito 2020-03-11 08:19:03  
it had its purpose back in the days when more party oriented play and expansion content was prominent. reaching camps for leveling was one example but also think about promyvions or zones like the rivern sites and what not. the mission battlefields sometimes took hours to reach with a full party and of course ppl would occasionally have to afk for the restroom and drag the whole run even further out.

thats when follow came in handy but you had to make sure the person you follow was aware that they are beeing followed so they consciously would try to avoid getting the follower stuck or accidentally hit a gearswaping macro which would make him blink and consequently the follower would lose the lock on and wander off never to be seen again.
[+]
By kairyu 2020-03-11 08:26:11  
Im just stating a fact

/follow command seems like a command implicity developed for multiboxing.

That’s hardly a fact, that is your opinion.

Regardless of their original intention, this command is just very useful for multiboxing. There is no arguing on this.

This, however, is true.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2020-03-11 08:27:38  
I actually wonder if there was no "original intention" for the /follow command other than SE checking off boxes on stuff they copied from EQ. I'm sure when they were developing this for ps2, the thought of someone with 3-4 ps2's multiboxing wasn't even a consideration.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-11 08:38:48  
Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I actually wonder if there was no "original intention" for the /follow command other than SE checking off boxes on stuff they copied from EQ. I'm sure when they were developing this for ps2, the thought of someone with 3-4 ps2's multiboxing wasn't even a consideration.
100% agree. also pretty sure they were staggered by the "specialness" of their playerbase when they found out multiboxing is happening in their game and also got their panties dripping wet just thinking of new ways to incentives that type of play for the extra monitisation.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-11 08:43:54  

you forget back when the game was fresh, jungles were dense and dangerous, it took forever to get anywhere. many's the time you'd have to lead someone to a camp deep in a zone where they'd never been, where chocobos couldn't travel, when mounts didn't exist.

that's why.

Correct.

And on the same token, some people got annoyed when someone followed them without asking first. I know some would think "who cares?" but if the person following you gets stuck in terrain, is it your fault for not going back and remedying the situation?

I also remember some guy randomly followed me while I did genkai 2 a very very long time ago. He did it right after we got the ??? after Boreal Hound. I ran towards the hound, swapped a piece of gear, it made me blink and he kept auto-running right into the hound and got killed. Yes, it was mean of me but funny at the same time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2020-03-11 08:57:25  
Mattelot said: »

that's why.

Correct.

And on the same token, some people got annoyed when someone followed them without asking first. I know some would think "who cares?" but if the person following you gets stuck in terrain, is it your fault for not going back and remedying the situation?

I also remember some guy randomly followed me while I did genkai 2 a very very long time ago. He did it right after we got the ??? after Boreal Hound. I ran towards the hound, swapped a piece of gear, it made me blink and he kept auto-running right into the hound and got killed. Yes, it was mean of me but funny at the same time.
I enjoyed doing this, especially in places like CN
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-11 09:26:55  
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Mattelot said: »

that's why.

Correct.

I enjoyed doing this, especially in places like CN

Loved me some Exorays :D
By Draylo 2020-03-18 07:10:03  
Has the hammer commeth again
By Shichishito 2020-03-18 07:35:51  
haven't seen any complains since the free campaign, my guess is they did a very sloppy surface clean up for the free campaign and now turned out ban off again.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-18 08:22:39  
This brings flashbacks of the game before they implemented despawning.. Crawler’s nest was a complete nightmare and we had to Throw Protect/Shell Stoneskin and Phalanx (if available) before entering the zone to give us a chance to react and leave if there was a train in there lolol
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15