WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By Shichishito 2019-10-02 00:57:38  
what ffxi really needs is a purge.
By Draylo 2019-10-02 01:17:45  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Warning: Posting high & drunked.

FFXI needs to recover the elements of a MMRPG without going on extremes

Devs should make a new expansion on 2022 something like this instead of add on a LAZY WAY FFXI-CLASSIC server.

* Increase level cap 99 to lv175 then please remove ILV Modern-WoW trash sytem.

* Add FoV, GoV, delves, campaing, fates, optional-quests that give exp like WoW. "On this content you can get only green-gear" that will take you 100-110 hours get lv 175

* Dungeons & open world elite/apex mobs. On this content you can get "Blue & Purple gear" That will take you 70-75 hours to get lv 175 on a party.

* End game: Dynamis, VW (without procs just kill), Einherjar, Salvaj, limbus, Nyzul, KSNM99, Unity, Ambuscade, HL battlefields, merit II/master II points, omen, bosses similar to reinsejima, legion etc.

This will give to FFXI a good end game, this will return to FFXI the level-process, this will make the players travel to the new continent, new main city, new areas.

"I feel just going back to the past like wow-classic did is a lazy way to get back people. Just make a new expansion with creativity and balls"

wow just no, plz
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2019-10-02 01:22:52  
Shichishito said: »
what ffxi really needs is a purge.

nah just Asura the other servers are fine
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-10-02 02:50:58  
WoW was never good.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-02 04:10:28  
Freehugs speaks the truth.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-02 06:47:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By nashred 2019-10-02 08:51:16  
Same ole people saying it will never work..

Wrong...

Is WOW classic going to slow down? yes of coarse it will.. All games do after several months of release but I see it staying pretty populated.. I never like WOW but right now FFXIV and FFXI do not float my boat and WOW of Warcraft may answer that.

I would play classic FFXI in a heart beat. I think FFXI retail I am finally done with it and got it out of my blood. It just is not the same as it was.

The whole argument people are older and have jobs is ridiculous. People did not have jobs back then or school?
There are not anymore young people in the world? what people stopped having kids. None of that makes sense. Matter of fact I think it is the opposite. I had allot of friends that left the game because of family and they had kids. Well now those kids are at the age where they rather hang out with friends than parents and now those parents have time. I actually have two friends right now that are back to gaming about a year ago. One wants to play FFXI but wants something like what he played before. The other said he would never play a mmo again not matter what.

Classic gaming is in right now look at the popularity of the !up cabinets, the mini genesis and these classic consoles. People are just tired of all these games that are easy, give no reward and hand everything to you.

I have a few friends that have been playing on classic FFXI for a long time and love it.. it is not just nostalgia.

One friend went to FFXIV and could not stand it because they nerfed the content so much up till the latest expansion. He got tired of just being dragged along as someone rushed though a raid or dungeon. He was still subscribed to retail FFXI and FFXIV and now is just on classic. He loves it..

It will cost to much and would not be worth it? Really the game is already there the classic servers prove it. What does it really take? SE has the money now FFXIV is doing well.. New games are stagnate.

You guys really just do not want it because the one thing it might hurt is retail because people might leave for it and that is why some of you are so adamant about trying to shoot it down. I think some of you actually try to get threads closed because you are so afraid of them. Honestly I do not think you have to worry most people have so much time in their characters and know nothing else that they would not leave at this point. I know it is true because one of my friends that plays retail told me this when I asked why he does not come to FFXIV.

I am still playing FFXIV but the game is not great. Something is wrong with a game where level 1 glamour item is more popular than gear that actually does something. It is like a game for non MMO players. The game is so repetitive and cookie cutter. Story is fantastic and so is crafting. I did like eureka allot but I doubt the game sees anything like that again because so many complained about actually having to work for something. SE should look at the fact it was busy and helped hold peoples interest between patches.

There are a few Quality of life improvements I would miss with classic but would gladly give up to have a better game. Yea some of the stuff they added over the years is nice. I would like a sever pre Abyssea for me.

By the way what ever happened to mobile FFXI?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-02 09:50:22  
nashred said: »
The whole argument people are older and have jobs is ridiculous. People did not have jobs back then or school?
Going to school, going home, and having your parents deal with everything is a much lower time commitment than going to work and still having all the responsibilities of an adult when you get home. Never mind if you have kids of your own.

There are not anymore young people in the world?
Young people don't want to play a 15 year old game. They want to play fortnite, apex legends, or whatever new attention grabber is out. Sorry, but the truth is modern games don't need patience or hundreds of hours, and that's a good thing.

Matter of fact I think it is the opposite. I had allot of friends that left the game because of family and they had kids. Well now those kids are at the age where they rather hang out with friends than parents and now those parents have time. I actually have two friends right now that are back to gaming about a year ago. One wants to play FFXI but wants something like what he played before. The other said he would never play a mmo again not matter what.
If you as an adult have more free time than you did as a kid in school, you must be doing very well(or poorly) for yourself. The reality is that most people do not.

Classic gaming is in right now look at the popularity of the !up cabinets, the mini genesis and these classic consoles. People are just tired of all these games that are easy, give no reward and hand everything to you.
This can be somewhat agreed with, but you can't compare classic ffxi where you need hundreds of hours to a classic console game that lasts 10 and has constant progress and rewards throughout. I replayed super metroid and link to the past recently, it took less than 2 weeks playing only an hour a day. If this were classic FFXI, you'd be barely out of valkurm at that point.

Your arguments are weak, and the rest of your post is just cheesy anecdotes. People who want classic FFXI already have access to Nasomi, which is approaching classic's reliability, costs nothing, and has actual enforcement against cheating, better than SE ever has. The truth is that the amount of people in favor of it, even on a forum like this where everyone has some investment in FFXI, is minimal. It is absolutely not the correct move for SE to make. Your inability to see that doesn't change the facts.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-02 09:54:24  

People are speaking personally.

Back then, I was single and had a basic hourly job. I was done in 8 hours and could spend as much time as I needed playing FFXI.

Now, I'm married with kids and have a salary job that sometimes goes well over 8 hours. Even though my kids do go out and play, they still need dad. Stuff happens at the drop of a hat (kid falls and gets hurt, can't reach the peanut butter on the top shelf) and any good parent will address these things.

Other people speak as though they were in College and had a lot of free time (off days) to play.

I've met more people in FFXI than any other MMO. I knew many who quit the game back in the day because of how group-intensive everything was. It just didn't fit into their lifestyle. Those who could make it work back then can't necessarily make the exact same thing work today.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Young people don't want to play a 15 year old game. They want to play fortnite

This is true, unfortunately. When my 15 year old son looks at the games I play, he mildly makes fun. He saw me play FF7 recently and couldn't wrap his head around why anyone would want to read a game.

The only exception was when I was playing some retro NES games. He did like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-02 10:12:27  
I love that 'honest game trailer'

I have 13 and 15 year old sons.

both have tried ffxi. Neither has come back at all.

They like hearing some of the stuff I'm doing at high level with tweaked out jobs and gear.

They have zero motivation to go thru all those levels and put that much into making a high level character or learning all the intricacies.

Both Enjoyed some of the earlier final fantasy games.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-10-02 12:43:56  
And itll last a couple months then die out, same with ffxi private servers. People will realize how ***the game used to be and how nostalgia is the only thing making them want to play it
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-02 12:58:49  
DirectX said: »
The level cap rose in 2010. I am not so sure that most people were in <18 2006-2010. Aren't you 30-32 now, too?
i'm 29, i was in college when abyssea dropped

i would also point out that the late 75 days weren't really as grindy either, i think smn burns started early 2009 and even toau drastically reduced the time to get level 75
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 14:49:05  
Quote:
As of the 09/05/2011 version update, players may spawn Behemoth using a newly-added item named "Beastly Shank".

Also, TNL was lowered in april 2005
Code
LEVEL  OLD   NEW  CHANGE  Tot Change
===== ===== ===== ======  ==========
50-51  7800  7800     0          0
51-52 10000  8000  2000       2000
52-53 11000  9200  1800       3800
53-54 13000 10400  2600       6400
54-55 16000 11600  5400      11800
55-56 20000 12800  7200      19000
56-57 20000 14000  6000      25000
57-58 20000 15200  4800      29800
58-59 20000 16400  3600      33400
59-60 20000 17600  2400      35800
60-61 20000 18800  1200      37000
61-62 30000 20000 10000      47000
62-63 31000 21500  9500      56500
63-64 32000 23000  9000      65500
64-65 33000 24500  8500      74000
65-66 34000 26000  8000      82000
66-67 35000 27500  7500      89500
67-68 36000 29000  7000      96500
68-69 37000 30500  6500     103000
69-70 38000 32000  6000     109000
70-71 39000 34000  5000     114000
71-72 40000 36000  4000     118000
72-73 41000 38000  3000     121000
73-74 42000 40000  2000     123000
74-75 43000 42000  1000     124000

Level sync 2008 when korraloka smn burns started
Quote:
New Level Sync Feature to Change the Way You Party! (08/25/2008)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 14:55:46  

I assume that people were hardcore on NMs until they changed Kings to be poppable and Tiamat etc into R/Ex drops. When was that?

Until Kings were made obsolete with things like Salvage Gear (outside of Dring/Ridill) and then cap raising to 99 reducing other gear to shiny town pieces, it was very common on several servers to have "event" linkshells that focused on one type of endgame only. A dynamis shell, a sky shell, a limbus shell, a ToAU shell. Of course there still were your big boy all-inclusive shells, a couple per server, but those of us who couldn't meet kings pops and their randomness found other ways to participate in endgame activities. We simply had easier ways to avoid the one aspect of endgame that didn't fit our schedules.

Some of us old-heads that have been playing a while yet were young adults when we started (as opposed to kids) lived in that lifestyle of endgame quite successfully for many years. As the total amount of endgame content and population continued to shrink, event-specific shells fell out of favor. This also coincided with Kings becoming poppable- the need for shell membership who were available pretty much "on call" decreased and scheduled events became the standard.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 15:06:06  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Warning: Posting high & drunked.

FFXI needs to recover the elements of a MMRPG without going on extremes

Devs should make a new expansion on 2022 something like this instead of add on a LAZY WAY FFXI-CLASSIC server.

* Increase level cap 99 to lv175 then please remove ILV Modern-WoW trash sytem.

* Add FoV, GoV, delves, campaing, fates, optional-quests that give exp like WoW. "On this content you can get only green-gear" that will take you 100-110 hours get lv 175

* Dungeons & open world elite/apex mobs. On this content you can get "Blue & Purple gear" That will take you 70-75 hours to get lv 175 on a party.

* End game: Dynamis, VW (without procs just kill), Einherjar, Salvaj, limbus, Nyzul, KSNM99, Unity, Ambuscade, HL battlefields, merit II/master II points, omen, bosses similar to reinsejima, legion etc.

This will give to FFXI a good end game, this will return to FFXI the level-process, this will make the players travel to the new continent, new main city, new areas.

"I feel just going back to the past like wow-classic did is a lazy way to get back people. Just make a new expansion with creativity and balls"

1. Improve your stoned/drunk posting skills. Ask any server I've ever been on, I'm perma-stoned yet still manage to usually make sense. Unless asking me about bubbles...I can't keep that ***straight beyond Fury/Frailty or Acumen/Malaise even when stone cold sober.

2. Everything you describe is exactly why we started playing FFXI instead of WoW. Sounds like you want to keep your connections and gear and status yet play a different game, not a new expansion.

3. The entire basis of FFXI and what makes it different than other MMOs is the team-up aspect. Its the only thing that keeps a lot of us playing any more is the need to team up vs just solo through the entire game.

4. There's only 2 reasons to expand the game these days in the eyes of SE: Either to keep current customers or get large numbers of new ones. And if they're going to try the latter, they don't want to lose current customers in the process, because we've proved to SE that we're in it for the long haul vs new customers who might try it for a few months then bail. So its smarter for them to give us more content in the same vein of existing gameplay, keep current customers happy for another year or so, and maybe bring back former players NOT get completely new ones. Your ideas are so foreign to FFXI style that current players would run for the hills.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 15:38:06  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
And if they're going to try the latter, they don't want to lose current customers in the process, because we've proved to SE that we're in it for the long haul
People are definitely still quitting. People come to Asura and quit in droves every month and other servers are more and more empty.

absolutely no doubt there. I was just commenting that when releasing new content what SE's intent would be. Versus what the current reality is. I can't recall who said it now, but someone recently said that Asura is often a player's last hope for finding a reason to keep playing. Players transfer to Asura, give it a whirl, and either it invigorates them for another run, or convinces them that its time to quit. I couldn't agree more.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 15:41:20  
The new update is the "first" in the "new plan" by the way. Don't forget that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 15:41:24  
The biggest curveball change they could give FFXI, (along with opening up insane new content difficulty) would be to have a rather difficult quest to "upgrade" your subjob allowing you to dual main job.

Just think of all the fun combos if you could have 99/99 with double 1h abilities and the gear selection of both jobs.

Enspell rdm/mnk hundred fists? <~<

And how hard ***would have to be to make up for this.

Plus, we know that its system possible given that enemies and trusts have dual main jobs and have had this for YEARS (or decades if we look at some specific bosses like the Ark Angels)
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-10-02 15:42:13  
I'm pretty certain that Classic WoW huge launch success was because BFA was a *** pile of garbage. I don't really like WoW that much and I wish I did because I have friends who play WoW and it would be nice to play on that with them. I did play BFA for a while and it was the most boring time I have ever had on a MMO and I haven't really been that bothered about playing Classic.

I wouldnt be that bothered about playing FFXI Classic either as I don't have time for a second job now that I'm older. All the things that I used to do at endgame back in the day took a fair amount of time investment to get any where that I would be able to do today. Back then I could do sky at 10pm till 1am and then get up and do dyna at 6am with the JP LS that I was running with at the time and stay up all day and do other events with the JPs as well as get merits.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 15:52:25  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
The biggest curveball change they could give FFXI, (along with opening up insane new content difficulty) would be to have a rather difficult quest to "upgrade" your subjob allowing you to dual main job.

Just think of all the fun combos if you could have 99/99 with double 1h abilities and the gear selection of both jobs.

Enspell rdm/mnk hundred fists? <~<

And how hard ***would have to be to make up for this.

Plus, we know that its system possible given that enemies and trusts have dual main jobs and have had this for YEARS (or decades if we look at some specific bosses like the Ark Angels)
Just add a set of new elite weapons that are ilvl 129, don't upgrade RMEA, and new gear that is ilvl 129. Outdate everything in one patch with stuff that is brutal to obtain. Players can still do all content currently in game but it would give the elitists/sadists a reason to return, and they would.

Yeah, but I was going with a curveball change rather than more of the same.

We can do 150 content with current gear. If you could have dual jobs, I expect you could push the difficulty up substantially, even without any gear changes.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-02 16:11:52  
They toyed with the idea of making RME's obsolete with the introduction of iLvl gear, and the outrage was huge. They know we love our shinies, and now they've taken them down the upgrade trail so far that to make them obsolete in the game at this point would be nigh impossible. It's much more likely that we'll see R25 on the RMEAs and a new Dyna-D style weapon series (with the empy+3 content) added than that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:38:47  
I feel like storyline content shouldnt require end game gear/masterful playstyle.

That should be restricted to optional non-story events and bosses.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11