WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 15:48:50  
Beatrica said: »
the game was better when
No, no it wasn't, you have no idea what you're talking about.

You may have enjoyed the game more then, and to that I say you must be a masochist but it certainly was not better by any stretch of the realm of reality.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 15:50:01  
kireek said: »
Picture
What is this sourced from? I love it.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-11-03 16:00:38  
kinkanat said: »
FFXI was 75 was better game than the current one where the combat is so frenetic that it is too chaotic (it starts to look too much like FFXIV),

I can't quite understand the logic behind this....fast paced combat that requires player make decisions on the fly is what makes a video game fun. And it's not limited to FF11.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-11-03 16:02:42  
Spending 3-4 hours in Dynamis doing the same thing every week, sometimes not being able to enter if some other shell went in first

When claim bots don't work in Dynamis.

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-03 18:07:27  
srgrafo
thanks
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-04 00:13:01  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Dying game cos you don't understand it?
I remember trying to help you learn how Rune Fencer worked and you could never actually understand how it worked.
Makes me think you preferred simpler times with how easy ***was.

dying because it is just an old game SE doesnt put any serious effort in to make it great again, this game is finished, point

and no Need to feel like u know everything better and are a so skilled person because u explained me a few Thing About the run Job *rolleyes*
u dont always have to know everything, its part of life to not know everything while u eventually learn more About Things, also this is a game and i dont study every Job, so my apologies im not as Elitist as you, /bow

and yeah i prefered simpler times, the game was better when things were simpler, i wont go further in this tough as it is a waste of time

I absolutely *** *love* that you're here telling us the current FFXI is dead, while boasting about...

A CLASSIC FFXI SERVER THAT WILL NEVER GET NEW CONTENT EVER, IT IS ON ITS LAST EXPANSION AND NO MAJOR CONTENT UPDATES WILL EVER COME TO IT.

You're here talking about a dude who copy/pasted this game and his mission statement involves ***not changing. That's not just a dead game, it's a dead game that's been gone for 13 years. That's the ***you're trying to claim superiority with, what a joke.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-11-04 00:32:39  
Modern FFXI isn't anything like FFXIV.

The *** are you people on.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-11-04 00:43:40  
I actively play both. They're entirely different games.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-04 00:52:03  
Asura.Veikur said: »
I actively play both. They're entirely different games.

Don't try to argue with the delusional, it just hurts you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-04 01:35:08  
Afania said: »
kinkanat said: »
FFXI was 75 was better game than the current one where the combat is so frenetic that it is too chaotic (it starts to look too much like FFXIV),

I can't quite understand the logic behind this....fast paced combat that requires player make decisions on the fly is what makes a video game fun. And it's not limited to FF11.

well, to put it simple, FFXI is an old game which had its niche, making it a clone to other fast paced games just didnt work, other games do a lot better here, of Course u Need fats reactions in Video games sometimes, u Always did but FFXI has just changed in too many ways to compete with modern games, it just lost what made it special and unique

No, it didn't. The entire world is still there, go explore it. There's even more zones to explore! Go find your friends, explore together. Everything like that still exists! Don't like the improved EXP gain? Don't do Rhapsodies, problem solved!

The core battle system of FFXI is the same as ever. The only thing that has changed is gear access. It's faster now because the gear today is actually useful. So much of the gear in 75 days was crap, extremely minor upgrades that you'd spend weeks farming for to get an impossible to be seen impact on your job.

As for whoever said that you can still get one shot in DT gear in current FFXI, that's because you're not utilizing mechanics. You also need defense. Since defense actually matters in current FFXI (it was broken in 75 days!). Gallants roll and indi-barrier and a DD in DT gear can survive wave 3 Dyna-D trash just fine.

Add to that, you can actually evasion tank Dyna-D wave 3 trash if you properly gear/buff for it, it's super neat conceptually, but far more difficult to actually utilize properly, but that's one thing I love about the game.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-04 07:21:34  
noone asked you to respond to me or did I? dont replicate ure desire for Attention on me pls…

i'm not playing ffxiv either and i can communicate on These Forums as i wish to, i have played this game for years, just because it went to ***doesnt mean i lost every relation to i,
and you are annoying as well, why just dont write something constructive instead "u spread hate and want to make People Play other games" BS, im just open for discussion and offer my honest opinion

I also find it curious you claim people like different things, but then claim absolutely this game went to ***. This game was on 1-year contracts for years, and was just renewed for 3 years because of how strong it's been doing. Clearly the player base disagrees with your assessment.

You claim this game went down hill with level sync, except this game lost a ton of its population well before that. Level sync was added as a way to compensate for the population moving on to other games, it didn't start that happening. You're acting like the SE reaction was the original fault, which is incredibly dumb.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-11-04 07:32:55  
Modern FFXI > old FFXI.

I played really hardcore back in the day and it was so damn bad by todays standards, the utter disrespect for your time, the disgraceful drop rates the total reliance on others for everything.

I liked it at the time but it would be unplayable for most people on retail now.

Spending 3-4 hours in Dynamis doing the same thing every week, sometimes not being able to enter if some other shell went in first, drop rates so bad that 9/10 you got nothing for going other than some coins that barely covered the cost to enter. Working on a relic weapon, and getting it 1-2 years later and it being marginally better than something from the auction house.

Camping sandworm or dark ixion for 6 hours and not getting claim or it not spawning.

Really slow XP gain, not being able to get any xp at all on your own. No XP campaigns ever.

I look at it the same way many veterans look at basic training. It was one of the best, most memorable experiences of their lives but they'd never do it again.

Old FFXI had the best community of any game I've ever played and I've been an online gamer since the early 90s. The fact that you were forced to do... almost anything made the community solid. You were known.

However, I do agree that forcing you to group up to do almost anything sucked. There is no possible way I could play old FFXI now that I'm a husband and father of 3. And the fact that most games today offer top-end gear which can be acquired solo, the game wouldn't survive.

FFXIV was a step in the right direction but the game was just not for me. It has the worst community of any game I've ever played and from other forums I've posted in, that seems to be the majority consensus. It also never gave any of the feelings of accomplishment that FFXI gives even today. Many times I got BIS in FFXI and thought "eh cool" but I could get 1 BIS piece in FFXI and feel more accomplished. I do not know why that is.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-04 09:07:16  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

You claim this game went down hill with level sync, except this game lost a ton of its population well before that. Level sync was added as a way to compensate for the population moving on to other games, it didn't start that happening. You're acting like the SE reaction was the original fault, which is incredibly dumb.

well, SE did many mistakes with this game, else it would have been more succesful and lets be honest there are and have been more succesful games out there…
i still think they could have done Things differently, f.e they added multilanguage support, just to remove it again later, prolly because the game wasnt worth it but Things like this Keep even more People away from the game, so yes i think SE did a lot wrong with this game what is a pitty but it is like it is, ROV was a nice end for the game, they kind of stated it has been the end for the game as well, so...

Most of the mistakes SE made with the game that kept it from being more popular are the exact things you claim made the game great.

The guy above who said 75 FFXI is how veterans view basic training is accurate. It was a hell of an experience when it was first happening, but I would never, ever do it again. So many people in 2006+ XI had the mindset of "I'm never playing another MMO again" because of those very same reasons. They were hooked to XI, but never wanted to experience that again. That's by far the majority consensus from the community. As evidenced by the fact that free private servers still have only a tiny subsection of the population of XI players (Eden + Nasomi atm is less than half of Asura alone atm). The experience of original XI was memorable, the actual "game" was not. There was never going to be much longevity in that aspect of the game, that's why it all fell apart once people finished up leveling the jobs they cared about.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11