users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 14 15 16
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 21:11:26  
It's not specifically about Mew vs TP Drainkiss. More about all the other SMN buffs (Crystal Blessing, warcry, Hastega2) that add so much more than BST would. Even if you went with slug first ten switched out for leech.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-09-11 08:05:22  
Usual monthly video covering Battle Strategies. Enjoy the month all.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-11 08:52:52  
Bazing said: »
One multistep SC on MNK and its dead.

This is not true. Ejin just posted a video and it takes 2x three step (shin>vs>vs) with GEO/COR/BRD buffs. He has top gear and he said even with all that it sometimes not enough and you need few melee hits after those 2 SC rounds (sometimes it also takes 5WS if you are very lucky). Unless your one SC is some 6 step? :)
By ksoze 2021-09-11 09:30:20  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Usual monthly video covering Battle Strategies. Enjoy the month all.

thanks man, appreciate the content you create.
[+]
By kinkanat 2021-09-11 09:46:26  
We were at 50% and the SMN used mew and left the frog's tp at 0%, exactly after that the frog used kaustra and immediately after that thunderspack and wiped us all out.
I was going Monk full SB.

I don't get it.

party set up: 2 cor, brd, monk, smn, whm.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-09-11 09:54:52  
The frog has extremely high Occult Acumen, and Kaustra will guarantee enough TP for a move. Silencing it is a good idea.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-11 10:27:56  
[+]
By Bazing 2021-09-11 10:33:03  
SimonSes said: »
Bazing said: »
One multistep SC on MNK and its dead.

This is not true. Ejin just posted a video and it takes 2x three step (shin>vs>vs) with GEO/COR/BRD buffs. He has top gear and he said even with all that it sometimes not enough and you need few melee hits after those 2 SC rounds (sometimes it also takes 5WS if you are very lucky). Unless your one SC is some 6 step? :)

Open with Smite 3k TP for AM, 4 step on MNK and its either dead or nearly dead. Double 3 step with SS VS VS also works. Just saying that double multistep with SAM and all those buffs should be melting alot faster.
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-09-11 11:20:44  
PUP COR + up to 4 leeches with WC is still my favorite set up. Go unlock Cor and go sit in the *** corner. I can go whenever I want, I don't have to spend time looking for people, I don't have to worry about their gear and I don't have to be nice to anyone...
By kinkanat 2021-09-11 11:21:15  
We heard that if you don't throw any buffs the mob won't Thunderspark, so we decided to enter 3 DD and 1 whm without any buffs.

Effectively it didn't do thunderspark.... but it summoned a bunch of frog adds and we died XD.

Fun XD.
 Asura.Iamaman
サーバ: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-11 11:25:30  
kinkanat said: »
We heard that if you don't throw any buffs the mob won't Thunderspark, so we decided to enter 3 DD and 1 whm without any buffs.

Effectively it didn't do thunderspark.... but it summoned a bunch of frog adds and we died XD.

Fun XD.

I think it is based on the # of buffs you have, songs in particular. If you don't have any on, then he'll use that ability and spawn the adds. If you do, then the damage scales based on the number of songs you have on you.
By kinkanat 2021-09-11 11:32:56  
We had no buffers at all.

You mean the buffs the frog had on itself?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-11 11:35:30  
No buffs, it'll be able to use Provenance (or whatever *** up name square listed it as) to summon adds.

Some amount of buffs (not absolutely certain how many or what qualifies etc) is Quenching Hammer (or thunderspark until they fix it)
 Bahamut.Kelg
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-09-11 11:49:05  
Blu works well for Tp reduction here, ran it a few times on VD with no difficulty. Rotate reaving wind and feather tickle while a subtle blow DD multisteps it and it will never tp move. Fight lasts about 20-25 seconds after pull.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-11 12:05:17  

Ejin vid
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-11 12:08:42  
Any rolls, songs, bubbles, and probably favors on any player gives access to quenching hammer. Also seems to be job related. Few jobs can activate it even without the buffs present (Blu drk pld)

I know for a fact that having at least one roll on at all times locks him out of using Providence and he will hammer instead. This is how we handled it on PUP before, one of us would sub cor and the other whm for dia.

That Xolla video brings joy to my heart seeing Dancers shine. Way to throw BST in there as well (even if it's for 1 move)
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-09-11 12:08:49  
SimonSes said: »
アンバス最弱カエル編です編成:戦踊踊獣コ白
突入と同時に黙想ランダム黙想踊はRフラ等でTP貯め
Ambass weakest frog edition Organization: War Dance Dance Beast Ko White
At the same time as rushing, meditation random meditation dance saves TP with R hula etc.

ロールはカオアライズ白のディア釣りで開始です
戦開幕ウォーライ獣開幕コローシプウーズ
Roll starts with Chao Arise White Deer Fishing
War Opening Warai Beast Opening Colosseum

踊はプしストでボックスステンプ入れつう
インパ→BCルドラ→BCルドラ→コ獣のサべでトドメ
Dance is a push strike and put a box balance
Impa-> BC Rudra-> BC Rudra-> Ko Beast's Sabe

So, Chaos Allies rolls, Warcry, Dia2(3), Box Step, Corrosive Ooze for damage buffs/debuffs. Impulse Drive > Rudra > Rudra, then double savage from BST and COR to finish it off, only part I don't understand is what the BC in front of Rudra is supposed to mean? Anyone happen to know?

Edit: nvm probably climactic flourish
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-11 12:31:30  
Can't tell what difficulty this is, but here's a MNK solo:
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-09-11 12:38:38  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Can't tell what difficulty this is
looks like VD
By SimonSes 2021-09-11 12:42:23  
Can't tell what difficulty this is
Vd
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-11 14:33:31  
Tried this with a pup setup but I was on smn told the pup to let me 1hr before they did rolls or engaged and it just died from my 1hr on VD. I was the only smn the cor dia'd + light shot used siren no cor buffs. Dead in 20 secs.
By Draylo 2021-09-11 18:06:20  
Didnt we used to do this with gravity II or was that nerfed
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-09-11 18:11:50  
That was nerfed after the first month of it, hasn't worked in the past 2 or 3 times they've recycled froggo ambu since
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-09-11 18:45:21  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Roll starts with Chao Arise White Deer Fishing

Ambuscade, weakest frog edition. Composition: WAR/DNC/DNC/BST/COR/WHM.
While loading in, Meditate/Random Deal/Meditate. DNC builds TP using Reverse Flourish etc.

Rolls: Chaos/Allies. Start with WHM pulling using Dia.
WAR starts with Warcry. BST starts with Corrosive Ooze.

While DNCs use Presto and apply Box Step,
Impulse Drive -> Building/Climactic* Rudra -> Building/Climactic Rudra -> COR/BST Savage Blade to finish it off.

* I read BC as an abbrevation of "B.フラリッシュ" (Building Flourish) and "C.フラリッシュ" (Climactic Flourish), I'm not intimately acquainted with DNC
** WHM is also casting Auspice and using Sacrosanctity going by the log.
[+]
By tmd5 2021-09-11 19:10:13  
This is the best i've done so far on PUP. About 2m50s after buffs. Is there an attachment that reduces "Thunderspark" damage? Maybe Steamjacket or Analyzer? I normally use Mana Jammer 3 and 4.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-11 19:23:31  
The analyzer for sure. The Steam Jacket can but usefulness varies as the frog casts fire and water.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2021-09-11 19:27:55  
lord, 10k~ ambuscale one one fight...
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-11 20:58:53  
Can't tell what difficulty this is, but here's a MNK solo:
Tried to replicate this and pulled it off.

It works but still risky. The fight is ultimately a crapshoot, you might have locked out Quenching Hammer but the Frog can still end you with two of his five remaining moves. Going with a group is still better, heck; a duo even.

Quote:
I'd best give a run down on what is happening here.

Songs, Rolls, Geomancy and Blue Magic are all out; any of those gives the Necronura access to Quenching Hammer which you are not surviving.
Instead I opted to open with Shell Crusher to land -25% Defense Down, using Boost with the Ask Sash to get TP before going in.

Try do Light Skillchains with Victory Smite to force Chainspell, then go HARD before it wears off. Hundred Fists, Focus and then multi-step Light.
Shijin Spiral > Asuran Fists > Howling Fist > Victory Smite > Victory Smite.
(You'll notice that I actually messed this up because I was so nervous, still managed to recover and pull the win out though).

Penance and Shijin Spiral are essential to keeping the Necronura's TP gain down. It might not have Quenching Hammer but still has five TP moves it can pull from, and it WILL get at least one of them off in this fight. Frog Song inflicts Gravity, Water Bomb inflicts Silence and Attack/Defense Down (counter with Panacea if needed) and Magic Hammer simply takes your MP. Those three are all manageable, what aren't are the other two. Frog Cheer will remove Shell Crusher and give the Necronura a massive DEF Boost and Regain, practically game over if that goes off. Providence also removes Shell Crusher and summons x5 smaller frogs; again - if that goes off it's game over.

Overall, getting in a group is still the best way to do this. Heck, even a duo is preferrable and removes more of the danger. It's just neat to see this can be done.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-11 21:19:21  
Is there a specific reason you went for the 4 step (or is that a 5 step? I'm bad at level 1 properties) over just Shijin > Smite > Smite?
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-11 21:34:20  
Is there a specific reason you went for the 4 step (or is that a 5 step? I'm bad at level 1 properties) over just Shijin > Smite > Smite?
It seems to take really good damage from Skillchains so I went for a multi step with Hundred Fists.

Shijin > Smite > Smite would probably be better though.
Get back to you on that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 14 15 16