言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:18:10  
hate to break this to you buddy but cors don't have native mp. Which is the bolded part I was saying isn't true. Now if you want to say that or specific jobs sure
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:19:45  
All buffers support get hammered. That was already given.

All native mp jobs "too"
By SkyFrog 2019-08-07 01:21:15  
Odin.Senaki said: »
日本語 at the moment seem to be using: Sam OR Thf, Brd, Geo (Indi-buffs), Smn (Mew), Pld, Rdm.
*Then have DD quickly kill the mob with self SCs.

Senaki, do you realize that "日本語" means Japanese language and not Japanese people/players?

Crazy Senaki!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:22:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
All buffers support get hammered. That was already given.

All native mp jobs "too"
I guess if we assume it's a given but what I quoted...
By missdivine 2019-08-07 01:26:10  
Eiryl is right, u won't get hammered if u dnt use mp jobs /support jobs, or cor just soloed N on my pup didn't get hammered as pup/nin
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 01:28:13  
SkyFrog said: »
日本語 The にほん players at the moment seem to be using: Sam OR Thf, Brd, Geo (Indi-buffs), Smn (Mew), Pld, Rdm.

Senaki, do you realize that "日本語" means Japanese language and not Japanese people/players?

Crazy Senaki!

Better?
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:31:30  
missdivine said: »
Eiryl is right, u won't get hammered if u dnt use mp jobs /support jobs, or cor just soloed N on my pup didn't get hammered as pup/nin
In right now with 3 pup/nins just got hammered.

Edit: It finally stopped when I took off all non maneuver buffs and sent all trusts away
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:35:14  
Brah. Trust count. Duh what trust did you call. If you called any "special" trust, any healer trust, pretty much half of the trusts they all activate hammer.

It's possible pup is on the "get hammered" list.

Could also be the automaton itself counts PLD frame

The exact details, specifically which jobs do and don't cause it weren't fully fleshed out. (because, why the *** bother, just pet burn it...)
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:40:58  
went back with pups and cor /whm but no buffs. Hey no hammer. cor did rr still no hammer the second did a roll spammed hammer. The last round it hammered with geo trusts out wouldn't when they were sent away

It's not the job or subjob it's the buffs
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:43:57  
You can go in with prebuffs from SCH without getting hammered iirc. (could've been luck, it doesn't have to use hammer)
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:46:13  
well RR didn't trigger. Maneuvers don't trigger utsesmi doesn't. So it's clearly not all. Given the way things are often separated I'd expect it to be geo, songs, and rolls
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:51:10  
We already know for certain if you have support buffs you get hammered.

But is it number of total buffs? Could a cor roll himself only/bard sing himself only and still cause hammer? could it be 10+ any buff on total characters? Can you do only hastega and not get hammered? will any one buff on any one character cause it? (non-maneuver)

No one bothered to figure any of that out.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 01:51:12  
Apparently, you can't charm the ads spawned by the mob.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 01:54:06  
"Frog Chant" grants him Regain.
By missdivine 2019-08-07 01:58:43  
It seems that if you dont bring mp jobs or subs it will spawn adds?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:59:17  
This is what BG has up now, though it doesn't have SMN included (and potentially others*)

Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 02:00:09  
missdivine said: »
It seems that if you dont bring mp jobs or subs it will spawn adds?

I tried it with both MP and Non-MP jobs. I think it spawns adds regardless.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 02:04:15  
We already know for certain if you have support buffs you get hammered.

But is it number of total buffs? Could a cor roll himself only/bard sing himself only and still cause hammer? could it be 10+ any buff on total characters? Can you do only hastega and not get hammered? will any one buff on any one character cause it? (nonmanuever)

No one bothered to figure any of that out.
Just saying the buffs do it by themselves without the jobs that's all. It's not an and which is what I was saying is wrong. It's some kind of or

Speaking of did some experimenting. Sent out my mules to die one by one and yep just 1 roll on 1 was enough. Got my trust to throw a song on and disbanded and still hammer down to 2 songs on 2 characters. Went in with pup, pld and geo no buffs hammered. Pld died stopped hammering. So yeah there is some job thing going on but it's complicated. Hell maybe it's an amount of mp?

Regardless cor + pup is super sleepy easy mode so... and also sleepy so out
By Mrgrim 2019-08-07 02:05:10  
Guys, guys here is the winner winner chicken dinner setup for this ambu. Also don't judge my recording skills, because this is my first time recording so be nice! My setup is MNK BRD COR WHM RDM SMN and this has been my most efficient setup for this ambu. In fact in this recording this was the fastest kill so far, roughly 1 minute lol. Relevant part starts at 1:28 or so, Fight at 2:55. We get unlucky in silencing this sucker on this run but he melted.

PS: I gotta learn how to record on single window :/, Also eff yeah subtle blow.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 02:08:44  
Trying to figure out what causes Quenching Hammer be like
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 02:09:15  
Now do that with every job.

Really just WHM RDM and SCH (BLM?)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-07 02:25:42  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.

Even better than I thought
By Ruaumoko 2019-08-07 02:54:04  
Mrgrim said: »
Guys, guys here is the winner winner chicken dinner setup for this ambu. Also don't judge my recording skills, because this is my first time recording so be nice! My setup is MNK BRD COR WHM RDM SMN and this has been my most efficient setup for this ambu. In fact in this recording this was the fastest kill so far, roughly 1 minute lol. Relevant part starts at 1:28 or so, Fight at 2:55. We get unlucky in silencing this sucker on this run but he melted.

PS: I gotta learn how to record on single window :/, Also eff yeah subtle blow.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By sharazisspecial 2019-08-07 03:08:05  
Did 5 pup 1 cor
All sub whm for reraise and DD pup use full valoredge.
Deploy run away 40 yalm and then overdrive wait for it to die.

All DD PUPs wore full DT, used hybrid attachments and ate all the hammers. 2min runs if no puppet dies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-07 06:37:52  
SkyFrog said: »
日本語 The にほん players at the moment seem to be using: Sam OR Thf, Brd, Geo (Indi-buffs), Smn (Mew), Pld, Rdm.

Crazy Senaki!

Better?
日本人 woould be better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2019-08-07 07:58:03  
Having great success in VD as:

RUN, DRK, RDM, BRD, SMN, SMN

Alternate mewing, RDM silences and enfeebles, DRK self SC with Torcleaver, BRD doing regular Marches/Minuets (and threnody for helping silence land).

No 2HR's, frog dead in less than 3 minutes.
[+]
By Undula 2019-08-07 08:01:07  
I just tried a few times on PUP with pld head/frame and got killed by little frog helpers EVERY time. Now i know from last year i changed setup so that never happened again(on PUP). I won't have time before tonight but is it possible that the pld frame triggers Provedance? I tried to think hard but can't remember what the solution to Provedance was....anyone remember or found out yet?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-07 08:30:11  
I've already explained how to avoid Proividence (adds). If you're going in solo, use joachim/ulmia/qultada or whomever, but you need a roll/favor/song icon to lock out Providence in favor of Hammer. The moment the buff icon wears, he's gain access to it. So a roll cor is mandatory.

The trigger to hammer is if there is (I believe) a roll, song, or avatar's favor on any of the party members. It causes him to use Quenching Hammer over Providence, a MAB boost/full frog add spawn. If you do not have any of these on any member, it will use Providence instead (just as annoying to deal with and its basically a wipe).

Just need to make sure you bring a corsair and don't ever not have rolls up, or it will use Providence and it's most likely a wipe at that point.
[+]
By Undula 2019-08-07 08:33:22  
Thank you!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16