users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2021-09-11 21:54:48  
This month makes me want to gear PUP just so can clear Normal at the least.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-12 00:38:15  
I know everyone has verethragna these days but if you’re using godhands shijin will only allow you to double light with vs on the first time you do it unless you always do it with 2000 tp
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-12 01:09:11  
That's... kinda funny. In that case you're likely better off doing the Asuran > Raging > Smite > Smite 4-step.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-12 01:49:17  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »

With JSE weapon, Taeon gear, an Ambu cape, and the right attachments D or even VD aren't that hard on PUP, although I guess being mastered is also a big help.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-12 01:49:17  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »

With JSE weapon, Taeon gear, an Ambu cape, and the right attachments D or even VD aren't that hard on PUP, although I guess being mastered is also a big help.
 Carbuncle.Zander
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: oldschl85
By Carbuncle.Zander 2021-09-12 08:17:15  
agreed, full Taeon gear non max augments and i can do D with no problem. VD automation takes to much damage from the hammer and i cant keep him up as repair is on cooldown. this is with no AF/Relic/Empy just taeon with sakpata's fist. still missing a neck and earrings
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-12 08:22:46  
Use dawn mulsim
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-12 08:42:24  
Can also make good use of Role Reversal so you aren't riding Repair timers. You can bring an elixir or two to refill yourself
[+]
By tmd5 2021-09-12 13:01:43  
Carbuncle.Zander said: »
agreed, full Taeon gear non max augments and i can do D with no problem. VD automation takes to much damage from the hammer and i cant keep him up as repair is on cooldown. this is with no AF/Relic/Empy just taeon with sakpata's fist. still missing a neck and earrings

Role Reversal can be useful, but don't be stupid like me and wait until auto is under 10%! I had a failed run due to my auto dying and losing Overdrive because I waited to long.

I use dawn mulsums instead of repair oils. On a VERY bad run I don't need more than 5.
I don't run in because I use to do this on Cait Sith and would always get 1shot when doing a repair.

I don't know if the yalm distance varies between his hammer move and spells.
I just know that I was told to be 31+ (from AUTO!) and that worked for me. I swear I got 1 shot once at 30 yalms!

Even when you go with friends and engage, they can all get 1shot while semi AFKing at the zone entrance.

Are you job mastered? If not that may be another reason you can't do VD.

I'd also spend the money on the SU3 Pitre Fists eventually if you don't have them. It was the best purchase I ever made on PUP. I now have the Xiucoatl but I doubt there is anything I could solo with those that I couldn't do with the Pitre Fists. I only got them because at one point they were down to 70m or so.

Also, relic body NQ/+2/3 is an absolute must for this fight IMO! With enough deeds you can get a free set of level 109 Relic gear for any job. For those that don't know, it adds 20 seconds to Overdrive.

Just be sure to remove it after activating OD.

Also /COR seems to me to be absolutely essential. I don't know if I could solo it without that.
Just be sure to call a BST trust before rolls.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-09-12 13:18:17  
Another one

Inhibitor 2, Mana Jammer 4-3, Analyzer, Turbo Charger 2, Attuner, Flame Holder, Auto repair 4, Optic Fiber 1-2, Maniplug 1-2
Grape Daifuku

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Fribbit 2021-09-12 15:45:01  
Is Midnights-Path D significantly worse than JSE augmented or is it acceptable? I'm trying to fill in a couple slots on PUP to run this on N, MAYBE D and I realized I never made Ohtas, so I'm wondering if Midnights work well enough or if Ohtas is necessary. I don't have Odyssey gear or REMA available to me.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-09-12 16:12:02  
Fribbit said: »
Is Midnights-Path D significantly worse than JSE augmented or is it acceptable? I'm trying to fill in a couple slots on PUP to run this on N, MAYBE D and I realized I never made Ohtas, so I'm wondering if Midnights work well enough or if Ohtas is necessary. I don't have Odyssey gear or REMA available to me.

You can always swap some gear around to make them usable so you can cap gear haste still but Ohtas is so cheap and easy to make you might as well do it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-12 16:19:46  
I’m using midnights in my runs for what it’s worth. Also using ambus pants instead of taeon because I don’t have the taeon
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-09-12 17:19:47  
So my MNK is semi-gimp and I don't know the job well, so keep that in mind if anything below is atrociously stupid. I struggled to get previously mentioned strategies to work, presumably due to my lack of gear (AF/Relic pieces mainly). Most of what I have is carryover from other jobs.

I have GH (r0 atm) and Kend+1/MB+1/etc but no JSE and limited capes. I was able to do D with a COR/BRD/WHM fairly easily by doing all the usual stuff mentioned here: Impetus, Counterstance, Footwork, Perfect Counter. I also subbed SAM, boost w/ Ask Sash + Meditate to get > 2k TP. I put up PC and Third Eye so he won't get TP from hitting me, then Chi Blast him.

Use Sekkanoki, Howling Fist -> Shijin -> Tornado -> Shijin -> Shijin -> Victory Smite, this takes him down to about 10-15%, I do a DK -> SS -> SS and that finishes him off. I imagine if I had the proper JSE pieces, the first one would kill him on D.

I did try a few 3 and 4 step combinations, but none of them really worked reliably, he would eventually hammer me.

Has anyone tried using Path B Sagitta? I see Ruau's is Path A, I'm curious if the SBII+25 makes an appreciable difference or not.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-12 17:47:40  
Sagitta to get more Subtle blow?

Easy for MNK to cap Subtle blow in gear

If mastered MNK gets 35 SB1 in traits.
Moonbow+1, Sherida, Niqmaddu will get you 25 SB2 so just need 25 more SB in gear, Easy to mix in SU3 for that.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-13 01:22:58  
soloed vd on smn/rdm no trusts with siren AF>wind blessing > mana cede> apogee > assault> hysteric barrage > dia 2 > Clarsach Call> AC spam hysteric barrage> convert> more spam
20 sec fight
[+]
By Meeble 2021-09-13 12:16:24  

If you aren't using Anwig head and pet MDT on cape, that's an easy extra -20% to hammer. You can scrape together around 9% DT more in earring/neck/waist slots, but that comes at the expense of a lot of double attack and might result in the frog surviving OD.

Relic body 109 will get you an extra 20 seconds on OD, which you may or may not need depending on how much DA you have.

Your gear as-is might be good enough to duo with a COR, though. The regen from Companion's roll is considerable.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-13 12:20:50  
Meeble said: »

If you aren't using Anwig head and pet MDT on cape, that's an easy extra -20% to hammer. You can scrape together around 9% DT more in earring/neck/waist slots, but that comes at the expense of a lot of double attack and might result in the frog surviving OD.

Relic body 109 will get you an extra 20 seconds on OD, which you may or may not need depending on how much DA you have.

Your gear as-is might be good enough to duo with a COR, though. The regen from Companion's roll is considerable.

I've been essentially duoing it with my cor main account and my brother's account on pup. He only has 3 pieces of taeon, one piece of Talia gear +1 (legs), and salad hat. Companion's roll essentially makes the puppet impossible to kill honestly. Takes about 1200 damage to quenching hammer, the regen from companions + OD has the puppet back at full life before the next one.

I honestly haven't had to use oils/mulsum or tactical switch at all this month.
[+]
By missdivine 2021-09-13 13:38:04  
ideally best to go with 3 pups 1 cor or 2 pups 1 cor, reset OD @ abyssea altep or maze
By Meeble 2021-09-13 14:22:14  
Yeah. I get wanting to solo it for fun or to see if you can, but if you're trying to stack points you want at least 5 people anyway for gallantry. A nekkid COR with the +5 ring from AH works just fine.
 Sylph.Deathknight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2021-09-13 14:49:55  
I have been consistently soloing N as war/drg.

[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-14 07:59:03  
Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Another one

Inhibitor 2, Mana Jammer 4-3, Analyzer, Turbo Charger 2, Attuner, Flame Holder, Auto repair 4, Optic Fiber 1-2, Maniplug 1-2
Grape Daifuku

thanks for posting attachments.
By Spookyfish89 2021-09-14 10:24:00  
missdivine said: »
ideally best to go with 3 pups 1 cor or 2 pups 1 cor, reset OD @ abyssea altep or maze

Ideally best to go with 5 CORs and 1 PUP and nobody has to run anywhere to reset SP's lol
[+]
By ksoze 2021-09-14 10:35:57  
Would love to see a vid of 6 whm dd's
By Taint 2021-09-14 10:40:55  
Spookyfish89 said: »
missdivine said: »

Ideally best to go with 5 CORs and 1 PUP and nobody has to run anywhere to reset SP's lol

This ^

One well geared PUP is more than enough and stupid safe with the above attachments. If the PUPs gear isn't good you can go more aggressive on the attachments and be ready to repair/dawn.

Companion's roll is the MVP this month.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-14 11:30:05  
I've been doing worse when I let other pups "help" honestly. Even removing Inhibitor for TP concerns, my puppet doesn't seem to want to use WS at all, and runs slow down significantly.
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-09-14 11:48:21  
If you have more than 1 COR in the party, they will sometimes try to be helpful and roll tacticians roll - not realizing that this will cause the automation to stop using weaponskill once the master has 1000 TP or more (with the Inhibitor attachment set).
Additionally, I have also had the situation, trying to be efficient, where the COR uses wildcard to attempt 1 hour reset for the next run, while still in current run. Some wildcard values will give TP to all party members. This will also stop automation weaponskill if the inhibitor attachment is set, until you dump the master TP.
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2021-09-14 12:04:44  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've been doing worse when I let other pups "help" honestly. Even removing Inhibitor for TP concerns, my puppet doesn't seem to want to use WS at all, and runs slow down significantly.

If you use more than 1 PUP or throw SMNs in and they feel inclined to help, just ask them to leech runs where OD is up or alternate SP's. A good SMN can clear this with one well timed AFAC and it may be slower but 2-3 pet jobs can do this without SP's entirely.

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
If you have more than 1 COR in the party, they will sometimes try to be helpful and roll tacticians roll - not realizing that this will cause the automation to stop using weaponskill once the master has 1000 TP or more (with the Inhibitor attachment set).
Additionally, I have also had the situation, trying to be efficient, where the COR uses wildcard to attempt 1 hour reset for the next run, while still in current run. Some wildcard values will give TP to all party members. This will also stop automation weaponskill if the inhibitor attachment is set, until you dump the master TP.

Had a close call last night because I went AFK when maneuver timers were @ overdrives time remaining lol. I try to stay on the other side of the zone now.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-09-14 12:16:38  
With 6 pup you could just do 1 run with 1 OD etc and by the time the 6th pup is using his 1hr the 1st pup will already have his 1hr up again.
Run all day lol
By tmd5 2021-09-14 14:55:14  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

I've noticed this too.
I had 4 straight runs with just 1 PUP and COR with Companions/Beast rolls. Each time I had exactly 1 minute left on OD timer.

When we had two Autos attacking it I had only 10-12 seconds left on Overdrive. I haven't done this bad in awhile even solo.

It's possible I got TP from COR JA reset and the PUP wasn't using a WS. I actually can't even see my log when I'm at 31 yalms.

PS Companions rolls is so nice here. Almost never need a dawn mulsum with that up!

Also for those that are thinking of spamming this..
Bring all your friends and show them how to get a map for a Maze Mongers reset.
You can then take turns resetting your 1hr.
Just remember they need to enter the maze just once themselves to start earning points.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16