2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35
By SimonSes 2021-04-16 04:54:33  
Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Anyone tried Fu solo with the new tank set ? Sub run ?
Its easly doable now with war/run , i wonder if dnc can eat the Ga spells better now with more hp

If you tank and dd, you would need to use some special HP WS set to maintain HP, otherwise that Nyame HP wouldnt give you anything, since you would constantly lose it when switching to regular WS set.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-04-16 07:17:35  
So until nyame path B is 5/5 thats not worth the try i guess, for dnc
By SimonSes 2021-04-16 08:13:40  
Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
So until nyame path B is 5/5 thats not worth the try i guess, for dnc

I mean if you gonna use Nyame B for WS, you wont A for TP XD

You could use Nyame for TP and WS in normal WS set but with lets say Odnowa Earring and Tuisto earring or something like that. Not sure whats the HP difference actually is between Nyame TP and regular WS set.
 Asura.Cassiani
サーバ: Asura
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2021-05-09 21:06:43  
With Twashtar, is it worth TPing in crit gear for AM3? The white damage can be bonkers but dunno if it outweighs the fewer Rudras.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-09 21:37:00  
It was mentioned a few pages back, but white damage builds are better suited to thief than dancer. Thief has more crit synergy, noticeably higher triple attack rate, and jse gear that makes its triple attacks deal triple damage. Dancer is more focused on its tp gain and weaponskill potential. I wouldn't recommend a crit build on dancer. Just use what you normally do and twashtar's aftermath is good enough as is.
[+]
By alamihgo 2021-05-15 00:14:52  
Is there anything particular about the Crit DMG +% calculation that handles WS damage differently than WSD+%?

More specifically, is there any reason to use Meghanada +2 over R20 Nyame during Climactic Rudra?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-05-15 01:08:48  
Whatever you have less of is the more valuable multiplier.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-17 00:21:42  
Just returning for the Vanniversary, found Simon's new spreadsheet, updated it for Trust-Specific players and wanted to say...

For those of us who are just 'average' people/Dancers in the grand scheme of this game (pre-Oddyssey, never capped buffs, lot of trust solo/play, not rich, etc), Gleti's Knife, even at R0, appears to be the best offhand for both 119 Aeneas, 119 Twashtar AND the Augmented versions as well.

For the common folk, like myself, the above is assuming Trust Buffs only. Ulmia or Joachim, Slyvie(UC), Qultada, and Whm+Rdm of your choice. Grape DieFuckYou or Yellow Curry Bun based on your Acc/target, Hume, /Sam, and using the "Check" target. I don't know what that is, but it's what Simon had in there as default, so I assumed it was for a reason.

Terpi ignored, Odyssey gear ignored (for now) as this is designed for a returning player looking for a starting place. All of the gear used is reasonable expectation, I ignored a few spots of min max, where 15-60m gets you 10-20dps (balders earring, some unm 13m augment peices, kentarch, sailfi, etc etc)

Additionally, I threw in ***/Cento just to remind people, that you HAVE to have max buff scenarios for that combo to work.

I reserve the right to be wrong, because I'm stupid and make mistakes, but if you respectfully point it out, I will re-do the work to try and help those of us who are not the 1%ers.

Image for visual learners and transparency:

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-17 01:17:51  
Anybody bothered to test Nyame B for Rudra's Storm or other DEX based 1 hit WSs?

It depends on your stats and the target's stats, but roughly 5 DEX compares to ~1 WSD.
Nyame has 8-10 WSD depending on the piece, but has very very low DEX.
Will it be better than other options? Excluding godly augmented DM Herc pieces of course.
The main contendants are AF hands, Relic Legs and Heca+1 (high dex and set bonus) for the other slots.

Nyame is very good for defensive purposes though, if you need (P)DT while WSing.
If you need that I'm sure it will be worth it, it's beyond questioning, but for pure DPS purposes how does Nyame fare in each of the 5 slots?
I would image it can't be that bad for slots like Head/Body/Feet, despite the low DEX.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-17 01:58:15  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody bothered to test Nyame B for Rudra's Storm or other DEX based 1 hit WSs?

Just went through and added/updated all the NQ and Full Aug Gleti and Nyame(B only for now) sets with the same curiosity.

The only pieces I see as relevant (similar parameters mentioned in previous post) are: (In no particular order)
1: Gleti's Augmented Body for TP over Horos
2: Nyame(B) Head, Body, and Feet for Rudra (non Climactic)

Edit:
For what it's worth, w/Climactic
Sherida Earring beating out Ishvara now.
Nyame B body beats out Meghand+2
Nyame B feet still beat Herc (Unless DM maybe)
Charis Feather still BIS
Macule+1 Head still BIS
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-17 02:13:39  
Just as I expected, thanks Cambion.
You say for non climactic.
Whel clim is up of course you're gonna use Empy head, but for body, uh... I think I was using Meghanada body but it's "only" Cdmg +6%, think Nyame's 10% will beat it regardless of Climactic being up or down.

Megh has +21 Dex, that's roughly ~4% WSD. Less Att, more acc, no 3% DA. So on a hunch I'd say Nyame B body wins regardless of Climactic.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-17 02:16:31  
Just as I expected, thanks Cambion.
You say for non climactic.
Whel clim is up of course you're gonna use Empy head, but for body, uh... I think I was using Meghanada body but it's "only" Cdmg +6%, think Nyame's 10% will beat it regardless of Climactic being up or down.

Megh has +21 Dex, that's roughly ~4% WSD. Less Att, more acc, no 3% DA. So on a hunch I'd say Nyame B body wins regardless of Climactic.

You responded before my edit went through, lol.

For what it's worth, w/Climactic:
Sherida Earring beating out Ishvara
Nyame B feet still beat Herc (Unless DM maybe)
Charis Feather still BIS
Macule+1 Head still BIS
[+]
By tmd5 2021-05-22 21:38:17  
What would now be the BIS non-rema Daggers?
Currently using Tauret with Ternion Dagger +1 R15.

Is the Gleti's Knife with no augments slightly better than Ternion Dagger +1 R15 now with the Tauret?

I also just finally made the TP Bonus +1000 dagger. Maybe Gleti's + that offhand would be the best for most content.

I also kind of wonder how some of the dark matter augmented Skinflayers compare to some of the REMA weapons. I think on the Skinflayer you can get STP+10 with DM campaign. Maybe QA+3.

I also got Herculean Gloves with STP+3 and QA+3 on them. Wonder if that's worth using for TP over Adhemar Gloves+1 path B.

Also scored on some ferns and got TA+4 Attack+29 and DEX+9 on the Herculean Boots! Still using Relic +3 though.

PS Also thinking Ternion Dagger +1 R15 should be listed on the guide (for offhand use).
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-22 23:37:21  
tmd5 said: »
What would now be the BIS non-rema Daggers?
Currently using Tauret with Ternion Dagger +1 R15.

Is the Gleti's Knife with no augments slightly better than Ternion Dagger +1 R15 now with the Tauret?

PS Also thinking Ternion Dagger +1 R15 should be listed on the guide (for offhand use).

Ternion seems like a complete waste of time, money, and effort to me, given how much better Gleti is and how incredibly easy it is to obtain. That's before we even mention that Gleti is not 'slightly' better, but 'significantly' better, even at R0.

For your more specific questions, you'll want to download the sheet, and input your specific augments to find those answers. Personally, anything attached to Oseem and RNGesus (for min/max), I would tell people to completely ignore. If you already have some crazy augs from other jobs, or past gil blown, lucky DM augs, then by all means, go for it.

I didn't min/max to the fullest but for Evis:

and for what it's worth, R20 Gleti is another ~150DPS on top of what's shown.

*Full Disclosure*
As stated before, my DPS sheets are based on the way I play Dnc, which is designed around 5 trusts and Solo'ing things for a fun challenge. If you want max buff scenarios, you'll need to use your own sheet, or perhaps wait for someone like Simon to chime in. Might even be a few pages back to be honest. But for custom specific augmented gear questions, you'll definitely want your own sheet, to input your personal gear for accurate measures.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-23 05:49:35  
It's curious how for BRD Gleti most of the times comes behind Ternion+1.

Wonder if I did some mistakes in the data, should doublecheck maybe.
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 07:08:33  
It's curious how for BRD Gleti most of the times comes behind Ternion+1.

Wonder if I did some mistakes in the data, should doublecheck maybe.

Maybe you simply check for capped attack? Gleti has lots of attack that usually makes a big difference for uncapped attack. Edit: just to be clear R0 attack+30 is not that huge, but R20 has +65, which is very significant.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-23 08:13:24  
No I tested it with both att capped and uncapped, Gleti was always coming behind.

But then again I might have done some mistakes in the stats, I will doublecheck later.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-23 09:49:05  
It's possible (probable even) that Gleti's is coming in second for BRD due to the lack of critdmg+ gear BRD has (or more accurately, doesn't have) compared to DNC or THF.
So Gleti's crit hit+ won't be as effective for BRD as procing those crits won't be as huge a damage boost.

That being said, I would still think that Gleti's 6% triple attack and DEX+15 should exceeed Ternion's 4% and no DEX... Were you using the appropriate WS in the table? Cause it would make sense for Ternion to possibly beat offhand Gleti's for something like Mordant Rime. But not for Evisceration.

EDIT:
Asura.Cambion said: »
I'm moderately surprised at that being the case with Climactic. I would have expected all the WSdmg+ from all the other slots to weight the critdmg+ more. (Plus the stat difference for the DEX.)
But then I guess it's cause it's just critdmg+6% v WSdmg+10%
By SimonSes 2021-05-23 10:09:09  
FaeQueenCory said: »
I'm moderately surprised at that being the case with Climactic. I would have expected all the WSdmg+ from all the other slots to weight the critdmg+ more. (Plus the stat difference for the DEX.)
But then I guess it's cause it's just critdmg+6% v WSdmg+10%

I would also consider the fact that even if meg would be marginally better, you very often use climactic rudra to close sc and then sc damage on NyameB is even better. Ofc usually darkness from climactic rudra will be 99k anyway, but lately mobs resist elemental damage a lot and sc damage is very reduced, but if you 3 step with 50% sc damage, then even reduced skillchain has potency to do a lot of damage imo.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-24 03:12:19  
To close the OT about Gleti Vs TernionR15
I retested with:
1) Carn MH (mordant)
2) Aeneas MH or Twash MH (rudra)

In 2) Gleti was winning very easily in all circumstances I tried to set up.
In 1) Gleti was behind, but once you start lowering Attack enough, you reach a certain point after which Gleti gets ahead.
Difference is not that huge.

I'm a bit surprised by this, you would expect the WSD+5% to have a bigger impact on Rudra than Mordant, right?
I think I nailed it down though.
AM3 up was skewing the results. How? Having AM3 up diminishes the gain you get from Triple Attack, hence killing the 2% additional TA Gleti has over Ternion R15.
If you take AM3 down Gleti gets ahead, of course.

I wonder if this applies to DNC as well, with Terpsichore MH?
Probably not because with Terpsichore you should use mainly Pyrric Khleos, which benefits less from Ternion's 5% WSD.

Either way this brings us to a complicated situation.
Should BRD go for Ternion R15 or Gleti, if they're mainhanding Carns?
Eh... I dunno. Overall I'd say Gleti R20 probably. Either way they're pretty close, don't expect massive DPS output difference with one or the other.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-05-24 20:29:44  
To close the OT about Gleti Vs TernionR15
I retested with:
1) Carn MH (mordant)
2) Aeneas MH or Twash MH (rudra)

In 2) Gleti was winning very easily in all circumstances I tried to set up.
In 1) Gleti was behind, but once you start lowering Attack enough, you reach a certain point after which Gleti gets ahead.
Difference is not that huge.

I'm a bit surprised by this, you would expect the WSD+5% to have a bigger impact on Rudra than Mordant, right?
I think I nailed it down though.
AM3 up was skewing the results. How? Having AM3 up diminishes the gain you get from Triple Attack, hence killing the 2% additional TA Gleti has over Ternion R15.
If you take AM3 down Gleti gets ahead, of course.

I wonder if this applies to DNC as well, with Terpsichore MH?
Probably not because with Terpsichore you should use mainly Pyrric Khleos, which benefits less from Ternion's 5% WSD.

Either way this brings us to a complicated situation.
Should BRD go for Ternion R15 or Gleti, if they're mainhanding Carns?
Eh... I dunno. Overall I'd say Gleti R20 probably. Either way they're pretty close, don't expect massive DPS output difference with one or the other.
Sechs got lost in the DNC forums talking about Bard stuff again.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-05-24 20:34:36  
Just kidding, however I think with Terp Mainhand yes, you would want Gleti's as the addtional ACC (255 skill/vs 228), 15 DEX, and 2 TA definatly benefit PK more. Aeneas or Twash, we already know Cento wins on anything your ACC isnt trash, but I would think Ternions WSD wins.
By SimonSes 2021-05-25 02:39:33  
The best offhand (very marginally) for AM3 Terpsi when you don't need attack is Twashtar(0.3% ahead), especially if you use Saber Dance(1.2% ahead). Gleti pulls ahead if you need attack (2.4% ahead) and if you drop Saber Dance (3.3% ahead). That's for Pyrrhic spam only tho. If you gonna mix in climactic Rudra, then Twashtar will be even more competitive.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-28 07:45:25  
Do people using most of the gleti's gear in their PK sets still prefer /drg sub nowadays or has the PDL on the gleti's set changed anyone's opinions about /war. The thing about gleti's armor is that if you aren't capping attack there are better options, but if you utilize all the PDL it's probably BiS. Berserk can certainly help ensure you're at the attack cap more frequently to take advantage of that, but /drg is just so much safer and if you do cap attack without berserk it pushes damage even further.

I've spent too much time gearing a few new jobs this past few months to get much time in on dancer, but that's mostly behind me now so I can refocus on finishing terpsi up. And I'm curious to know how people are playing it in the current meta.
By SimonSes 2021-05-28 08:27:25  
Current meta would be segment farming and Gaol? DNC is not really used for first and there is no sub job for 2nd :P

If you really want to go farm segments, then /DRG seems safer option, because its hard to time Berserk to make best use of it. You will use it for first group and then you can lose 30 sec of it or more (if you decide to skip something) running to next group.

Escha zones and Reisen you are attack capped usually, because GEO isnt nerfed and you add box step too.
For Ambuscade it will depend on what Ambuscade it is.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-28 11:39:39  
How about dynamis? My linkshell leader frequently requests I bring dancer there, particularly to bastok and windurst because of how strong box step is in alliance content. Normally I've been subbing drg, but I suspect my attack isn't capped on many things beyond wave 1. As far as I know there isn't a database out there to reference general attack values you'd need to cap on X content for Y job. Chaos roll and a pair of minuets are the extent of my attack buffs most nights, and box step doesn't really help on trash mobs since by the time I've gotten presto and box step off the JA delay prevents me from weaponskilling before somebody else kills the thing. So I just use steps on mobs at low HP so I can reverse flourish more and save building for the NMs.

Since I don't have terpsi finished yet I played around with a tauret/evisceration build last night to mimic the mythic PK spam playstyle and I have to admit it was pretty impressive. But it did make me wonder whether /warrior sub would have been better if I wanted to use my gleti's armor. I've got my knife to rank 20 but I don't anticipate being able to get the armor ranked up for another couple of months, and without that extra 100 attack the armor itself would give I'm wondering which sub job would be more ideal in that specific scenario.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-28 14:54:50  
Segment farming, just doesn't suit us. Our strength as Dancer is skill chains, Box Step, Haste Samba, ability to sub tank, and sub heal. None of these ever come into play when Segment Farming, for obvious reasons. IMO Dnc is best suited for longer, single target fights, at least to justify our party spot to the other 5 people anyways.
I love Dancer, I've tried to make it work on Segment Farming, it's not bad, it's 'fine', but you're just not helping your party or your segment efficiency. With 4500 Segments being an absolute minimum for 1 NM farm a day, not going with more-optimal DD's is just slowing down your augment progression. And with 11.3 lvl 15 kills needed for every single piece, that's 49,500 segments per piece. Meaning, if you can average 7100 segments per run, you can finish a single piece of armor, per week.
My Warrior doesn't have nearly the time, effort, skill, or gear of my Dnc... but it really just puts my Dnc to shame when it comes to Odyssey, farming and NMs. Part of that is because Savage Blade is so ri-god-damn-diculous, but... whatever.
By tmd5 2021-05-28 22:19:37  
What is everyone else's experience with farming C segments with DNC in a static group? How good is it compared to YOUR other well geared jobs here? I imagine if you had WAR or SAM with REMA weapons it would be much better. Any advice to improve it? What WSs do you spam in C? I mostly do EVIS > Rudra or Rudra > Rudra. My EVIS damage is way worse than Rudra currently. I usually keep Saber Dance up and use my Climactic Rudra's when up. I should probably just use Building Flourish more often in there instead of Reverse Flourish.

What subs are you using for C farms as DNC? /Sam seems to be best for me currently. Haven't parsed /DRG yet here.

I usually go as DNC in our group. Strangely enough I usually tie in parse with our RDM spamming Savage Blade with mostly BIS gear. This guy loves RDM so much and prefers not to play many other jobs (like me with pet jobs). I imagine with WAR Savage Blade is way better in parses and plus due to swapping between damage types.

Lately i've been going as BST, but I only parse at like 9-11% compared to my Dancers 22-25%. It's pretty sad and my gear is close to BIS. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. I think my Decimation set needs work. I'd be lucky to get 15k WSs on C.

Using Corrosive Ooze on a ton of enemies helps speed up kills a ton IMO, but the segments are usually not better overall.

My PUP has equally good gear as my DNC and usually does slightly worse in parses and I even gear for main only. Automaton DD is worthless in C farms mostly. Previously my PUP was WAY worse, but my PUP gear has improved a lot.

There is no COR, WAR or DRG in our static group. Would be nice to compare.

The one job I have no chance of ever topping in a parse in C is our SAM. Usually like 15% higher than me on average. I believe he's using Masamune R15 and Shining One. MY WS average is higher sometimes but that's all I can do!

And this isn't always obvious, but for A,B,C farms if you're not soloing AND tanking a mob yourself, the parse will always be lower for you. That's my experience at least. I had to stop making my auto tank everything in there and ended up with faster kills.

Just an FYI, I don't have any REMA weapons. Best maybe Tauret and Karambit. Only Kaja Axe, but trying to get another pulse weapon. Most of my gear is BIS except for maybe some QA/TA rings and the REMA weapons. All job mastered obviously.
By SimonSes 2021-05-29 07:38:54  
Usually like 15% higher than me on average.

This is heavily confusing statement that people seems to use a lot.

What do you mean by 15% more than you.
You make 20% on parse and he does 23%?
Or you make 20% and he does 35%?

The difference in those two is gigantic, because in 2nd example he is doing 75% more than you.

I think my Decimation set needs work. I'd be lucky to get 15k WSs on C.

You dont use COR, which means you dont really have optimal party composition. You said you are BST/DNC/PUP and people from your static are SAM, RDM. What's other 3? Tank, WHM and BRD?
Without COR you will have a hard time capping attack, even with Corrosive Ooze. With COR on top of Ooze you could probably overcap attack, which means you can use Gleti's which is a huge boost to Decimation.

Most of my gear is BIS except for maybe some QA/TA rings and the REMA weapons.

So you have augmented Gleti's and Nyame, but no REMA weapons?

Overall DNC isnt that bad for segments farming, but it lacks good slashing weapon beside Onion Sword III and its strong points like haste samba and box step aren't suited for segment farming beside maybe few encounters with NMs. Climactic is nice for one shooting trash or killing NMs, but its not enough to push DNC to top jobs for segment farming. One thing that has great value in segment farming and might be completely overlooked is giving your party Chocobo Jig II when you run between groups. It can probably easily buy you 30-90 sec of time during whole run.
By Crossbones 2021-05-29 10:26:46  
I personally wouldn't bring a dnc to segment farm due to weapon limitation. In fact I wouldn't bring any of those jobs that you use, not pup nor dnc nor bst. That's a pretty hipster setup and it's gonna give you hipster results. With just 2 minuets and chaos roll on brd I'm at pdif until the final floor where my savage blade dmg drops from high 30ks to low 30ks and I can still two shot mobs with rudras unless they are pierce resistant, so I don't see the point in using ooze or steps. If that's the setup you are set on using I guess I would work on improving your gear and tactics but outside of that you should really bring a cor (idk what other supports you have, hopefully a brd at least). I think dnc is an amazing job that is underused by in ody you really want to have at least two damage types, like even drk is not really optimal for it even though it's a "top dd".
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35