2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35
By SimonSes 2021-05-29 12:05:00  
Crossbones said: »
I think dnc is an amazing job that is underused by in ody you really want to have at least two damage types

DNC kinda has 2 damage types. You can use Karambit for blunt. You can go /mnk I guess for access to Raging Fists if you think Asuran is not enough too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-29 12:27:36  
It's not really the same. Most other jobs get savage blade or polearm ws when they swap to get around resistances. If they need to swap to blunt they have clubs/staff. DNC gets a weak ws that doesn't scale with tp whatsoever while being forced to change sj to even have a decent ws.
It's a downgrade instead of a sidegrade.
[+]
By tmd5 2021-05-29 13:39:48  
Quote:

You dont use COR, which means you dont really have optimal party composition. You said you are BST/DNC/PUP and people from your static are SAM, RDM. What's other 3? Tank, WHM and BRD?
Without COR you will have a hard time capping attack, even with Corrosive Ooze. With COR on top of Ooze you could probably overcap attack, which means you can use Gleti's which is a huge boost to Decimation.

We definitely don't have the optimal setup at all. We are not too serious about C and I think our only real goal is to get 1 KI per day. Honestly we'd be lucky to get 3k segments, which is pretty sad really. Our strategy needs major work. I think we are too slow on gathering mobs up for kills too. Buffing takes too long. We are getting better though lately and trying to figure out what's going wrong. Pretty sure it's only that it's not a perfect job setup.

Sometimes we miss chests on Floor 1 and killing the Halo mobs seems to slow us down the most.
One was even thinking forced POP NMs are not even worth it. I think they are since we kill the Tumult clone very fast. We have started skipping the randoms though. I don't think we've ever gotten even floor 2 cleared!

But yes, i'm thinking we need someone to gear up WAR and COR. I think WAR would be better for me. Someone else playing COR would be good for events where I use pet jobs (like Gaol maybe). I think our RDM is not likely to want to play anything other than GEO, BLM or RDM. He's just addicted to RDM (like me with DNC/PUP).

On most days we go as RDM, DNC, WHM, PLD, BRD, SAM. I rarely switch jobs, but when I go as BST the segments we get are about the same.

I think our job preferences are just holding us back a lot.
I do wonder if a job mastered WAR without bis gear does well enough in C to be worth using.
If I went as WAR it'd have to be a work in progress.
I think all my BST gear will also be pretty good for WAR.
I bet it'd still do better than DNC.
Sadly no Naegling at all for WAR yet, but could work on that.

Quote:
So you have augmented Gleti's and Nyame, but no REMA weapons?

Are those considered BIS for BST or DNC these days?
I know that Gleti's is considered bis for BST WS set and I'm currently working on getting all of them.

I don't know how good Nyame gear is for DNC other than for a DT build. I will look into it. I do have full Malignance, but really don't use it much in C since my other set does slightly better. I don't usually die in C unless I do something really stupid.

Our group was very late working on Gaol. Took us months to start so we're just now finally working on Augments.

Last night we finally got a Bumba win on the first real try. PLD and PUP 1hr took him down to maybe 10% or so and the rest helped finish him off.

LOL somehow it took us 6 tries to get an Mboze win. So many stupid mistakes!
With PUP 1hr I don't think more than 1 or 2 of the Gaol NMs took us more than 2 tries.
COR would probably have helped us out a ton for PUP on Gaol.
By SimonSes 2021-05-29 14:46:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It's not really the same. Most other jobs get savage blade or polearm ws when they swap to get around resistances. If they need to swap to blunt they have clubs/staff. DNC gets a weak ws that doesn't scale with tp whatsoever while being forced to change sj to even have a decent ws.
It's a downgrade instead of a sidegrade.

DRK doesnt have sidegrade too, tho its DPS with main weapon is stronger than DNC with main weapon. I would guess chocobo jig II would make up for 10-15% higher DPS on DRK tho. Unless you doesnt count DRK as good for segments too.
 Asura.Cambion
サーバ: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-05-29 16:31:23  
tmd5 said: »

I think our job preferences are just holding us back a lot.
I do wonder if a job mastered WAR without bis gear does well enough in C to be worth using.
If I went as WAR it'd have to be a work in progress.
I think all my BST gear will also be pretty good for WAR.
I bet it'd still do better than DNC.
Sadly no Naegling at all for WAR yet, but could work on that.

I'll be the first to support "fun" over "optimal" for a 19 year old game. I get more enjoyment out of low-manning things with friends on jobs we like (failing, adapting, retrying, etc) than racing through things with an optimal setup. I'm fortunate to have both options, as I have casual friends from an old HNM shell and I have an absolute elite friend, who allows me to, basically tag along to anything he's doing.

While it's nice to have, I can tell you, that rushing through content with the perfect setup, of a game this old, is a fast track to boredom and quitting; which I'm extremely prone to doing... repeatedly.

Which leads to my return for the Anniversary Event. I've been a career Dancer for years at this point and in just the past 2 weeks, I've been able to quickly get my War to a level, where it already beats my Dnc for Odyssey. The nice part, is that Dnc allows you to reliably solo almost all of the gear you need for War. Even easier than that, is that 90% of the people in the game, want a War to wear 5/5 Sakpata, meaning you can get 90% of your gear in a single fight, with only ~20M invested. Dancer can easily solo Pulse Weapons off of T3 Escha NMs and you'll have Naegling within a few days. You can also solo 99% of the UNMs you need for gear, including the 135s for Tatenashi Gear.
Neck Piece and Blurred Shield +1 are just money, Ambu cape, rings and earrings are old stuff everyone has, can buy off AH, or also from Odyssey/Dominion.

Honestly, someone could fully Gear War to ~80% effectiveness in a single week in my opinion. To the point where no PUG would notice and your static would already see an increase in kill speed/segment efficiency. The remaining 20% is all of the AF/Relic/Empy gear that augments your job abilities, which is highly beneficial, but takes time.
I've done 7-8 Lvl 15 Bumbas this week on my 'in progress' War, and haven't ran into any issues killing before the 4min mark.

The strength of Savage Blade in the current Meta, genuinely can't be emphasized enough.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-29 17:06:27  
When I do segment farms the setup is always Tank, 2 DDs, bard, cor, whm. There really is no better way to farm segments. Which tank is largely irrelevant, and the dds can be a number of jobs, but dancer isn't one that I'd pick. I either play corsair or thief on my segment runs. Unlike dancer, thief can equip both nageling and karambit, so it has a notably higher damage ceiling in oddy than dancer does. Dark knight, monk, samurai, dragoon, and warrior are the other jobs I would consider for the 2 DD spots.

Dancer is a fantastic job and I enjoy playing it very much, and while it's not bad in segment farms, it's also not as good as the other options. And I don't agree with this statement

Quote:
that rushing through content with the perfect setup, of a game this old, is a fast track to boredom and quitting;

I think optimizing runs and making things go smoother is a better way to keep interested because it feels good to do a good job. getting 7500 segments and 800k or more on a run is satisfying, whereas burning your moglaphone for a measly 3500 or 4k segment run feels very unrewarding. Oddysey is NOT short term content. There are seven different armor sets, and it takes a minimum of 50,000 segments to max out any single piece if there are no errors in NM execution. That doesn't even account for the hundreds of thousands of segments it'll take to unlock clear access yourself if you have to do it from scratch, or the fact that most players will wipe a few times to nms and won't always be able to kill atonement 3's cleanly on veng 15. Bringing a sub optimal farm setup to sheol C is your own prerogative, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to get more segments in a run for such a grindy event either.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-29 17:37:50  
SimonSes said: »
DRK doesnt have sidegrade too, tho its DPS with main weapon is stronger than DNC with main weapon. I would guess chocobo jig II would make up for 10-15% higher DPS on DRK tho. Unless you doesn't count DRK as good for segments too.
I'm not saying you can't use dnc or anything like that (my own ls brings a thf), but drk has a sheer advantage from raw dps and the fact that groups generally pick a selection of mobs to aim for. Trying to compare the two is really a bad idea because you just opened a big can of worms.
At least one cor generally has a locked spot in a group which means being piercing, slashing or magic damage is ideal. Being able to swap to blunt isn't. Your main utility of haste samba doesn't lend itself well to everyone picking a different mob to one/two shot.

Drk has Loxotic Mace +1 if you ever do need to resort to blunt because skeletons are a *** for having resist slashing stacking with resist slashing. (I admittedly don't have that, but it is an option if i stop being a lazy noob.)
Most of the NMs favored by groups are piercing resistant, so as a dnc you're constantly on a downgrade vs the NMs and the NMs are the only places where your utility from box step can even factor in.
Further cases of added utility DRK has over dnc is circle damage/negation/intimidation. Loltractor in the event of a bad day, self healing that isn't at the full cost of a ws/tp (catastrophe/drain), movement speed gear that doesn't require an adoulin reward or is actually ilv, shockwave crowd control for mobs, Sakpata being THAT good, the existence of torcleaver while you have tacticians roll active, dread spikes, and so on. Drk has a severe advantage in a scenario where comparisons are being drawn for maximum efficiency/utility.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-29 18:36:32  
Yeah I agree, DNC is not great for segments farming, which I wrote myself several times. I just wanted to throw some arguments for DNC to see if someone could add more, but like I thought, there is only more arguments against. Ultimately it all bring us to conclusion, that DNC would need good slashing option and only real slashing option is hide behind *** bonanza.
By Pipster 2021-05-30 07:20:48  
DNC’s best contribution to farming that I’ve found is Evasion Super tanking
By SimonSes 2021-05-30 08:18:44  
DNC can pull mobs, but have no tools to keep hate on them, which is a significant downgrade from real tank pulling. Also you can do the pulling on many jobs and DNC isnt even best for evasion pulling. THF is much better for it and can actually push evasion really high with just gear/food and dont need songs, so you can keep DD songs and contribute to the DPS better, when everything is slept. BLU would be another better choice. While not having higher evasion like THF, you can petrify/sleep mobs, apply AoE Def down, AoE cure, AoE Erase, AoE Mighty Guard for Halos, Stun lock last floor beastmans, AoE Silent, AoE Gravity and still contribute to DPS. In comparison DNC can pull mobs, let BRD sleep them, then play subpar dps with evasion songs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-30 09:16:43  
On the plus side, piercing vs nostos mobs doesn't have many *** you resistances like amorphs vs leaden when slimes and flans primarily are known for normally having magic as the best option.
By Pipster 2021-05-30 10:04:59  
DNC can pull mobs, but have no tools to keep hate on them, which is a significant downgrade from real tank pulling.

You don’t need Tanking mechanics or Sleepga when you Super Tank. Fan Dance prevents a huge hit from landing and you can help cure party while u sit there evading.

Quote:
Also you can do the pulling on many jobs and DNC isnt even best for evasion pulling. THF is much better for it and can actually push evasion really high with just gear/food and dont need songs, so you can keep DD songs and contribute to the DPS better, when everything is slept. BLU would be another better choice. While not having higher evasion like THF, you can petrify/sleep mobs, apply AoE Def down, AoE cure, AoE Erase, AoE Mighty Guard for Halos, Stun lock last floor beastmans, AoE Silent, AoE Gravity and still contribute to DPS. In comparison DNC can pull mobs, let BRD sleep them, then play subpar dps with evasion songs.

You said in an earlier post you were looking for suggestions on what DNC can bring to the table. Seems like you were looking for a chance to argue. Also I don’t think you know how super tanking works.
By SimonSes 2021-05-30 10:41:47  
Pipster said: »
You said in an earlier post you were looking for suggestions on what DNC can bring to the table. Seems like you were looking for a chance to argue. Also I don’t think you know how super tanking works.

I was searching for a good argument to bring DNC. Supertanking by pulling monsters can be done by at least several jobs if they get right buffs and gear for it (NIN, PUP, THF, RUN, PLD, DRK, BLU, BST). Its not an argument specific for DNC, its general argument for many jobs. Its also a weak one for DNC, because DNC can only pull those mobs by aggroing them and then he has no tools to keep hate on them, which means every DD who will attack any mob will get hate and will need to deal with it by wearing hybrid set, which for jobs like SAM or DRG might be a significant dps loss. It has also no other tools to help the party while supertanking, other than healing, which I guess would only be form of covering the hole you created yourself by bringing tank that cant keep hate. PLD or RUN supertanking mobs keep hate on them and DDs can fight without being worried of getting hit with direct TP moves. BLU can add many forms of debuffs and crowd control to help killing faster and safer. THF can play DPS while supertanking because it doesnt need to sacrifice dd buffs. BST can apply AoE -33% def/att. Only PUP and DRK are in similar situation to DNC, where they cant really do anything helpful while supertanking. I also doubt DNC can actually pull and supertank 4th floor Halo. Thief probably can with help of Perfect Dodge and BLU probably can too, by using crowd control while pulling (like Gravity for example). RUN and PLD can too. Not sure about BST, but maybe. PUP and DRK probably not.

TL;DR DNC can supertank (tho I have doubts about 4th floor Halo), but several different jobs will do it MUCH better. So its the same situation as DNC taking a DD spot, its just far from optimal (imo DNC is even worse as supertanking job for Segments, than it is as DD job) and doesnt improve DNC situation in slightest.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-30 10:50:50  
Supertanking is kind of irrelevant when the DD begin fighting. The tank doesn't often keep hate beyond one large WS, even on Agon monsters. He might get off a couple of spells and maybe a good hate tool spike early, but it's not a guarantee he will have hate on everything throughout that entire group. The Bard would be sleeping the group anyways, and most monsters die in two quick WS at most. So if you wanted to bring a job to simply be the "monster gatherer", I'm sure you could make it work if you want
By SimonSes 2021-05-30 11:23:27  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Supertanking is kind of irrelevant when the DD begin fighting. The tank doesn't often keep hate beyond one large WS, even on Agon monsters. He might get off a couple of spells and maybe a good hate tool spike early, but it's not a guarantee he will have hate on everything throughout that entire group. The Bard would be sleeping the group anyways, and most monsters die in two quick WS at most. So if you wanted to bring a job to simply be the "monster gatherer", I'm sure you could make it work if you want

I have played with different PLDs then I guess. I see TP moves being used and I'm not the target and if you are playing on something like DRK, DRG or WAR, you can get enough TP to kill shot trash mobs with TP overflow, but that rarely happens before monster can TP move at least once. PLD or RUN might not have much hate when DD approach its first mob fast, but by the time it gets to 2nd and 3rd, real tank job will have enough hate to keep mobs attention for long enough to make a difference.
Also like I said, I have my doubts in DNC ability to pull Halo group at floor 4 and maybe even 3.
Lastly if you gonna just pull so BRD can sleep, why not use better DD for it (DRK, THF) or job that can significantly push party dps (BST, BLU)? Its as unoptimal to use DNC for it, as it is to use DNC as DD, so nothing changes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-03 12:00:23  
I am currently helping gear a new player.
How much does gleti change the sets listed in this guide:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Dancer_Guide

Specifically, how has this gear changed the tp/tphybrid and evisceration/rudras at this time?
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 12:34:53  
I might update the node here on ffxiah and include Gleti's later today
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-06-21 04:04:43  
Part 2: Putting this before Part 1, so it doesn't get skipped over, as this is the only part relevant to 95% of the forum.

Dancer can tank this months Intense Ambu (June '21, Gigas) all the way to VD. Getting AoE hate is difficult though. You can go solo into VD, and you should be able to hold the NMs indefinitely. You can't WS, but 2 steps, reverse, (I don't have Terp) to keep your TP flowing, and it's used entirely to stay alive, works out well on the timing and feels reliable and safe.

In pick up groups, or low man with friends, you can do normal with a very high success rate in my opinion without any top tier jobs, or gear. (No support, healer, or dedicated tank needed, but would help) My friends and I beat Normal repeatedly and a few Difficult, 4 of us, and 2 trusts. Trusts die way too quickly to matter, but I was Dnc, they were Mnk, Blu, and Drk, and I super tanked and main healed while they killed boss.

Smoothest strategy I could find (I tried /blu, /sam, /run) was PLD sub. I start the fight with Banishga to get AoE hate on the pull, then immediately Sentinel and fan dance. Running to the corner is problematic because of slow the boss is, and how dependent we are on being engaged to get our tp. So I kind of let the boss push me back to the corner and engage half way.
I start with 2 presto box steps, a climactic rudra to try and plant hate.(Gleti+NFR+Reverse at the start, wait for Reverse Cooldown before pulling) then immediately reverse and hold TP for cures only.
I then keep hate, simply by keeping myself and the party alive, cycling steps, reversing, and repeating. Once the boss is dead, you can ease up a bit on healing, and then I make sure to always have a 4 step reverse flourish ready for healing, and WS at 1k tp, when possible/safe, and take the mobs down 1 by one.
I use full Nyame gear for this and I have a full HP/Tank set to be safe and give myself some room for Mercurial...whatever it's called.
If you've ever super tanked and/or main healed, it's pretty straight forward. The hardest and most chaotic part of this fight, is the initial pull, because hate is so weird, and if not done right, they scatter and chase everyone but you. If your party runs away where you can't heal them... they die, and blame you, or say 'yeah we need a tank' even though the exact same thing happens with many Run and Pld I've seen <at this level>.

I spent <way too long> last night, rewriting the Waltz code below. But, today, when I went to stress test it, to ensure it was properly working, I started realizing that solo'ing Normal was very possible. It took me 5 attempts, but ultimately the light switched on, once I realized I don't need to be /Pld for a solo attempt.
Once I swapped back to /Sam, it because significantly easier to solo it, mainly due to our ability to build TP/Steps before the fight starts, Sekkanoki, Climactic, Rudra > Rudra for big Darkness (chunks the boss down to halfish, significantly speeding up the run) then reverse flourish to have the TP to tank/heal. You could gamble with a 3 part darkness, but it's risky, and too dependent on having Meditate ready, and how many trusts are still standing.
*Starting with a tank trust, made it easier to get the initial setup, positioning, and skillchain down, before you have to do 'everything'.
After that, you're just surviving until the boss dies, and you can repeat the sekka-CF-skillchain when the timer is up. Then once boss is dead, you just start mowing through the adds, increasing damage/gear as you go.
The ONLY warning here, is that once you get to the Ranger, you better turtle back up, and keep yourself at high HP. Eagle Eye Shot will destroy an entire run if you get too greedy with your TP/Dmg instead of your max hp.

Tl;dr
A:
Dnc can tank this months ambu, reliably up to Normal. Controlled Chaos at Difficult, but very winnable on a regular basis, likely some party deaths here and there.
B: Due to our TP and JA speed, we also work very well as the main healer for an Ambu party.
*Difficult to convince the general public to even accept either of the above, but, /shrug
C: Dnc can Solo Normal. I had about 9min left, and I think I waited at least 3, maybe 6 minutes before I started, to get full TP, and have my cool downs ready for the start.

Edit to add:
If you auto-equip sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1",body="Meg. Cuirie +2"}
it DRAMATICALLY reduces your survive-ability when Climactic is active. It took me a try or three to realize why I was getting slapped so hard, but I digress. I just manually cancelled/clicked off Climactic after my WS/SC. But wanted to warn anyone who has this built into their lua, that those pieces will override 16% of your DT, and drastically reduce eva, base stats, etc. It's a glaring difference in your ability to survive and unfortunately is triggered right when you are blowing your TP on WS, which compounds the danger.

Part 2:
Mainly wanted to share an update for gearswap users. I don't know if this happened between my last quit, or if it was always wrong, or what, but anyways...
For anyone who uses the automatic Waltz Upgrade/Downgrade that I built into Mote's 'Utility' file, the Waltz ID's were no longer accurate. This was likely an old issue, but you only really run into it, if you're in tanking scenarios where you repetitively need to spam Waltz' back to back, aka super tanking. Which this month's ambu leads directly to.

Anyways, here's the updated file.
This is located in: Windower4 > Addons > Gearswap > Libs > Mote-Include.
Once open, around line 136~144 (might be different for you) is where you should see:
"function refine_waltz(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)"
This is the actual funtion, a few lines above it explain it, I'm

I'm just going to drop the entire thing here, not sure how many people even use this, so I won't waste any space breaking it down. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Utility functions for changing spells and target types in an automatic manner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local waltz_tp_cost = {['Curing Waltz'] = 200, ['Curing Waltz II'] = 350, ['Curing Waltz III'] = 500, ['Curing Waltz IV'] = 650, ['Curing Waltz V'] = 800}

-- Utility function for automatically adjusting the waltz spell being used to match HP needs and TP limits.
-- Handle spell changes before attempting any precast stuff.
function refine_waltz(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type ~= 'Waltz' then
        return
    end

-- Don't modify anything for Healing Waltz or Divine Waltz
    if spell.english == "Healing Waltz" or spell.english == "Divine Waltz" then
        return      
    end

local abil_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
    local spell_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_spell_recasts()
    local newWaltz = spell.english
    local missingHP
    local waltzID

if spell.english == "Divine Waltz II" then
        if spell.english == "Divine Waltz II" and abil_recasts[190] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then
            newWaltz = 'Divine Waltz II'
            waltzID = 190              
        elseif abil_recasts[225] < 1 and player.tp > 400 then
            add_to_chat(122,'Downgrading to Divine Waltz')
            newWaltz = 'Divine Waltz'
            waltzID = 225
        else
            add_to_chat(122,'Insufficient TP or Timers')
            eventArgs.cancel = true
            return  
		end
    -- If curing ourself, get our exact missing HP
    elseif spell.target.type == "SELF" then
        missingHP = player.max_hp - player.hp
    -- If curing someone in our alliance, we can estimate their missing HP
    elseif spell.target.isallymember then
        local target = find_player_in_alliance(spell.target.name)
        local est_max_hp = target.hp / (target.hpp/100)
        missingHP = math.floor(est_max_hp - target.hp)	 	
    end

-- If we have an estimated missing HP value, we can adjust the preferred tier used.
-- Current Self Waltz Values 8/04/2019
	-- Waltz 1 = 383
	-- Waltz 2 = 719
	-- Waltz 3 = 1168
	-- Waltz 4 = 1683
	-- Waltz 5 = 2157
-- Ability Recast IDs as of 6/20/2021
	-- Waltz 1 = 217
	-- Waltz 2 = 186
	-- Waltz 3 = 187
	-- Waltz 4 = 188
	-- Waltz 5 = 189
	-- Divine 2 = 190
	-- Divine 1 = 225

if missingHP ~= nil then
        if player.main_job == 'DNC' then
            if missingHP < 100 and spell.target.name == player.name then
                -- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
                -- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
                add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
                eventArgs.cancel = true
                return	
            elseif missingHP < 500 then
                if abil_recasts[217] < 1 and player.tp > 200 then 
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz'
                    waltzID = 217
                elseif abil_recasts[186] < 1 and player.tp > 350 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz II'
                    waltzID = 186			
                elseif abil_recasts[187] < 1 and player.tp > 500 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz III'
                    waltzID = 187
                elseif abil_recasts[188] < 1 and player.tp > 650 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz IV'
                    waltzID = 188
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1000 then                
                if abil_recasts[186] < 1 and player.tp > 350 then
                    waltzID = 186
                elseif abil_recasts[217] < 1 and player.tp > 200 then 
                    waltzID = 217					
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 188
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1400 then
                if abil_recasts[187] < 1 and player.tp > 500 then
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186					
                    waltzID = 188
                elseif abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz V'
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1900 then
                if abil_recasts[188] < 1 and player.tp > 650 then
                    waltzID = 188
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186					
                elseif abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            else
                if abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 188
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            end
        elseif player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
            if missingHP < 40 and spell.target.name == player.name then
                -- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
                -- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
                add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
                eventArgs.cancel = true
                return
            elseif missingHP < 150 then
                waltzID = 217
            elseif missingHP < 300 then
                waltzID = 186
            else
                waltzID = 187
            end
        else
            -- Not dnc main or sub; bail out
            return
        end
    end

local tpCost = waltz_tp_cost[newWaltz]

if newWaltz ~= spell.english then
        send_command('@input /ja "'..newWaltz..'" '..tostring(spell.target.raw))
        eventArgs.cancel = true
        return
    end

if missingHP and missingHP > 0 then
        add_to_chat(122,'Trying to cure '..tostring(missingHP)..' HP using '..newWaltz..'.')
    end
end
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-06-21 10:29:22  
You don't need to banishga at the start to get hate. You can simply run in, aggro them, and hit sentinel. Soon as you aggro you already have everything tagged. Been doing it on rune just running in and hitting foil.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-08 17:49:20  
The new HTBF has 2 potential items for DNC. Dagger and the Ammo.

Dagger:
D133 Delay190 DEX+15 AGI+15 CHR+15
Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 Dagger Skill+248
Parry skill+248 Magic skill+248
Quadruple Attack+5% Weapon Skill CHR+3% (same as Utu grip)
Additional effect: HP, MP, or TP Drain
LV99 Warrior / Red Mage / Thief / Beastmaster / Bard / Ranger / Ninja / Corsair / Dancer

For those as curious as me:
Warning: I didn't apply the 3% Chr WS thing, because I'm not sure it works offhand, and don't think it would alter Rudra anyway.
This is with Trust support not max everything.

I doubt the HP/MP/TP drain would alter anything, but I guess we'll see.

The ammo didn't add DPS to any of the above scenarios, but I need to do a capped attack scenario and see if that changes anything.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:51:33  
The 3% CHR would affect Rudra's.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 18:11:47  
I checked with buffs and it looks like beside Centovente, its bis offhand for Rudra. It also bis offhand for Mythic/Pyrrhic. That's also before counting in TP drain.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-08 18:19:27  
Nevermind, I just looked up how Utu works, interesting.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-07-08 18:20:50  
It's the same as how Utu Grip does it. The CHR modifier is simply added as a term for WSs.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-08 18:26:02  
I checked with buffs and it looks like beside Centovente, its bis offhand for Rudra. It also bis offhand for Mythic/Pyrrhic. That's also before counting in TP drain.

Is this the correct way to implement it:
WeaponSkill Tab
Cell I536 Change to Chr
Cell J536 Auto Parse
Cell K536 3%

?
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 18:29:16  
Asura.Cambion said: »
I'm dumb, can either of you explain why CHR would boost a WS that only has an 80% Dex modifier?
Additionally, where/how did you input this 3% into the sheet for the most accurate usage?

It adds 3%CHR mod to every WS. Same as Utu grip adds 10%DEX mod.

The easiest way is probably go to Weaponskill tab and in WSC cell (J4) add +IF(Gear!B4="Shinryu?",Data!TotalCHRforWS1Setcell*0.03,0)

Data!TotalCHRforWS1Setcell is ofc place holder to cell where you have total charisma in Data tab for WS set1. Repeat for WSC cell for WS set2 (J537), while changing to Geat!Y4 ofc and total charisma cell for WS set2.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-16 17:25:33  
For Striking and Climatic Flourish do the empy pieces need to stay on during the duration or just upon activation.
By Taint 2021-07-16 19:19:21  
Asura.Topace said: »
For Striking and Climatic Flourish do the empy pieces need to stay on during the duration or just upon activation.

Duration.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-16 20:45:59  
Thanks.

need to figure out how to get it to stay on during the duration instead of swapping back. Was wondering why my WS's were looking off.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-07-16 21:31:17  
Asura.Topace said: »
Thanks.

need to figure out how to get it to stay on during the duration instead of swapping back. Was wondering why my WS's were looking off.

Cambion touches on it briefly a few posts up.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35