言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35
By SimonSes 2021-02-24 01:44:56  
Sheet is showing like 39k avg PK, but in R20 Gleti's. In my practical test with R0 I had like 40k avg but it was in Reisenjima with it's area buffs.

Also going back to sub hand selection. If we ever get better shield it might be best to go single wield (requires haste samba), because currently single wield Terpsi with air buckler is only like 3-5% dps behind
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2021-02-24 03:46:35  
Funny, I just got an Airy Buckler from NNI. I was thinking about trying them out when I get home just for shiggles.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-24 05:15:27  
SimonSes said: »
Sheet is showing like 39k avg PK, but in R20 Gleti's. In my practical test with R0 I had like 40k avg but it was in Reisenjima with it's area buffs.

Also going back to sub hand selection. If we ever get better shield it might be best to go single wield (requires haste samba), because currently single wield Terpsi with air buckler is only like 3-5% dps behind

I am also slightly below BiS for PK (+1 neck, no aurglemir orb +1, no regal ring, ternion offhand instead of Twash).

In my current Gleti's PK set with Berserk up + Marcato Honor/Min5/Min4 I am sitting at 2737 attack. (grape daifuku).

ItemSet 378279

@Simon does your sheet show if Gleti's Knife (R0) would beat Ternion+1 R15 for PK? Eyeballing it...it feels like a wash.
By SimonSes 2021-02-24 05:56:14  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

I am also slightly below BiS for PK (+1 neck, no aurglemir orb +1, no regal ring, ternion offhand instead of Twash).

In my current Gleti's PK set with Berserk up + Marcato Honor/Min5/Min4 I am sitting at 2737 attack. (grape daifuku).

ItemSet 378279

@Simon does your sheet show if Gleti's Knife (R0) would beat Ternion+1 R15 for PK? Eyeballing it...it feels like a wash.

When applying all that to sheet (/war, ammo, ring, +1 neck, Ternion, R13 Terpsi, -7%DA to simulate R0 Gleti's body and no saber dance) Im getting 31.3k avg on Apex crab. So close to what you was seeing.

R0 Gleti's is slightly worse than Ternion+1 in DPS but PK damage itself is higher. Thats assuming both are capping attack.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-24 07:20:11  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

ItemSet 378279

When applying all that to sheet (/war, ammo, ring, +1 neck, Ternion, R13 Terpsi, -7%DA to simulate R0 Gleti's body and no saber dance) Im getting 31.3k avg on Apex crab. So close to what you was seeing.

R0 Gleti's is slightly worse than Ternion+1 in DPS but PK damage itself is higher. Thats assuming both are capping attack.

Wow that is pretty spot on. Good to know the sheet is reflecting real world scenarios!
By SimonSes 2021-02-24 09:29:14  
I said I will deliver, so here you go :P

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-24 11:17:10  
Now I gotta find a way to get the Ony staff....god damnmit Simon lol.

I am terrible at these calculations....If I am getting Marcato Honor/Min5/Min4 from a pocket BRD, can I forego Sylvie?
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2021-02-24 12:31:50  
I think that the staff idea is cool, but I almost always sub /NIN (especially against casters) when soloing. All that aside, I appreciate your work Simon on the Gleti set analysis. I’ve had good numbers using it with PK and Evis using BIS gear. I’ve made a toggle for swapping Gleti in for when I’m tanking or soloing for WS as it pairs nicely with Malignance (TP). I also love it for idle as the regain is nice.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2021-03-05 13:55:00  
Greetings Everyone,
I hope you are safe and healthy!
I have a small announcement to make about the Guide. I have not been playing the game for quite some time now due to obligations. And with the upcoming updates for the 22 jobs, some aspects of the Guide might change, especially Gear- Sets.
This Guide collects various insights from FFXIAH community members who happen to talk passionately about the job, so I would like to extend an invitation to you to gain access to Guide upkeep.
If any of you finds themselves able to keep it up-to-date, I will give access to the "Node" so you can update the Guide appropriately.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: SimonSes was gracious enough to lend support, they will be checking on it from time to time.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2021-03-26 13:56:15  
As a career DNC who has, unfortunately, been out of the game for the last three years, I need a bit of help going through my gear and figuring out the best uses for it. I have some good stuff, like full Relic +3 and full AF+2, more ammo, capes, belts, earrings and rings than I know what to do with, Adhemar +1 hands/body, some Ambu stuff, etc. Anyone willing to help me piece my sets together?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2021-03-26 14:37:45  
Liteholt The gear sets on the front page of this guide will help you out.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-03-27 21:56:45  
I've been throwing some tanking sets together to take advantage of the new Nyame set. It's by far the tankiest set we have ever had... and probably will ever see for a long time. It's basically a heavy DD set for all jobs so it has tons of HP, Defense, -DT, and surprisingly a lot of Evasion (only very slightly behind Malignance). Empty slots in these Gearsets are 5/5 Nyame set.

ItemSet 378985
HP: 2596
DT: -50%
Evasion: 1302
Defense: 1379 (no buffs)

ItemSet 378986
HP: 3026
DT: -50%
HP difference: 430 (waltz II maximum heal with this set is 434)
Evasion: 1209
Defense: 1421 (no buffs)
Enmity: +34

Assuming that waltz work off the same formula and my math is correct ( would love some double checking lol).
CE gained = HP Restored × CE Modifier
VE gained = 6 × CE gained
The CE modifier for a level 99 player is 40/170.
With this cure cheat set I'm generating 101 CE and 607 VE. Flash is 180 CE/1280 VE as a comparison. So almost half the Enmity of Flash and it's self target (effects everything tagged).
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-03-27 23:14:56  
Bahamut.Brixy said: »
Assuming that waltz work off the same formula and my math is correct ( would love some double checking lol).
CE gained = HP Restored × CE Modifier
VE gained = 6 × CE gained
The CE modifier for a level 99 player is 40/170.
With this cure cheat set I'm generating 101 CE and 607 VE. Flash is 180 CE/1280 VE as a comparison. So almost half the Enmity of Flash and it's self target (effects everything tagged).

Unless BG wiki is wrong, Waltz IV and V are a static 400CE and 700(800)VE. I've been using this assumption in my DNC tanking sets, and have had a lot of success (tanking Kyou, off-tanking W3).

Glad to see someone else working on this!
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-28 01:42:52  
it's self target (effects everything tagged).

I once had similar idea I think on PLD and Martel cut my hopes down for super tanking, because hate from cures is divided by number of targets you have on hate list I think. It's probably the same for waltzes.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2021-03-28 08:29:47  
Since my Odyssey group often lacks a tank I’ve found myself super tanking Sheol C Halo (pre-Nyame, pre-Gleti) mobs in full Malignance, Fan Dance, with a WHM. I tank Sheol B without a WHM. It works fine—-just AM3 with Terp for oodles of TP. I’ve also tanked Wave 2 Jeuno (Divergence) boss. Haven’t tried Wave 3 or another zone yet. Not exactly new revelations. I don’t think there’s going to be much of a difference between Nyame and Malignance. I can’t see the augs that are available as something that’s going to make one or the other better for tanking. If anything, until we get some gear on it with DT II I can’t see Dancer being a tank on anything substantive like Reisen HELMs, higher Veng T3s etc. I will say that Dancer is a very competent healer in certain situations Terp denouncers be damned.

Edit: I haven’t tried getting Mambos yet. Curious to try more Evasion out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-03-28 10:17:26  
Comparing Nyame to Malignance:
Nyame has +251 HP, + 216 defense (protect V levels of difference) and -7% more DT. All at the cost of 21 evasion.

Fan Dance is dancers pdt II. It's not quite as potent as something like Burtgang or Epeo, but it's also free and does not take up weapon slots. With fan dance and phalanx DNC is not that far behind a PLD or RUN really. All while bringing a lot of cure power and -23% defense down. Dancer is a lot more evasive than a PLD and RUN also. I went in odyssey C and held a group of the mobs just for curiosity sake on DNC with the set above (no songs/rolls) and it was still pretty evasive. Stick a mambo (or 2) on them and I bet they are golden.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-03-28 16:31:47  
The HP of Nyame is great, one the the biggest issues I took with DNC trying to tank was always being at like 1900 HP which really hurts you in lost enmity from damage taken. So an Omlette Sandwhich and Nyame, and offhand Acrontica, thats +465 HP.
By Pipster 2021-03-28 16:59:49  
When you guys say Tanking on DNC. Are you talking about solo w/Trusts, small groups, or alliance events?

I love how many levers there are on RUN and DNC, but keeping CE & VE up against a bunch of murder hobo DDs seems like it’d be hard.

Also regarding the Tank set, how’s Accuracy and TP gain? I’d imagine that’d be important to maintain threat, along with steps.

Love the idea of tanking on DNC, Thanks for sharing your set!
By SimonSes 2021-03-28 18:31:51  
Pipster said: »
I love how many levers there are on RUN and DNC, but keeping CE & VE up against a bunch of murder hobo DDs seems like it’d be hard.

I have the same feeling. I can only see dnc keep hate with damage really. Waltz might be half of foil in CE and VE, but Run is casting foil with 100+ enmity, not 30+ I can also imagine DNC could tank if it's only real dd in the party.

Also regarding the Tank set, how’s Accuracy and TP gain? I’d imagine that’d be important to maintain threat, along with steps.

This O wouldn't be worry about. Dnc is naturally one of the more accurate jobs and Nyame has decent acc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-03-28 20:20:02  

I have the same feeling. I can only see dnc keep hate with damage really. Waltz might be half of foil in CE and VE, but Run is casting foil with 100+ enmity, not 30+ I can also imagine DNC could tank if it's only real dd in the party.

This is how I've been selling it: You tank from the DD party. My sets have been reworked to maintain full -dt in tp set and during PK.

Essentially you spam PK without fear and should be ahead in CE on anything single target with decent enmity+ sprinkled into your sets. (Zoar Subligar+1 in PK set for example)

Also DNC is waltzing in more than 30 at almost baseline for me because of two awesome things SE just gave us -Acrontica and Omelette Sandwich. ofc fulltime Fan Dance.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-29 11:46:28  
While war is the most weapons versatile job, dnc is def the job with the most versatile uses... debuffs, healing, tanking, offtanking, buffing, dd.
I still dont understand why its such underrated in high end content
By SimonSes 2021-03-29 11:51:50  
Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
While war is the most weapons versatile job, dnc is def the job with the most versatile uses... debuffs, healing, tanking, offtanking, buffing, dd.
I still dont understand why its such underrated in high end content

Exactly because its versatile. People cant categorize it easily, so they don't really know it's strong and weak points in specific role. Most people think its ok for everything, but not better than jobs specializing in one role.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-03-29 12:29:00  
Bahamut.Kwech said: »

This is how I've been selling it: You tank from the DD party. My sets have been reworked to maintain full -dt in tp set and during PK.

Essentially you spam PK without fear and should be ahead in CE on anything single target with decent enmity+ sprinkled into your sets. (Zoar Subligar+1 in PK set for example)

Also DNC is waltzing in more than 30 at almost baseline for me because of two awesome things SE just gave us -Acrontica and Omelette Sandwich. ofc fulltime Fan Dance.

Yeah, for sure. It's not a tank per se; it's just the most -DT-friendly DD job given its native accuracy and the nature of Dance-stances. The idea is that DNC stays ahead of the other DDs on enmity so it can serve as a buffer between the actual tank and softer DDs. It's all the more reason to use /DRG, even: if you pull aggro off the tank, you can hold the mob for a bit to let them catch up and High Jump it back to them when you're ready.
By Taint 2021-03-29 12:58:41  
DNC also has amazing burst windows, that are under utilized.
By SimonSes 2021-03-29 13:19:55  
Another problem of DNC now is that you only have piercing damage. Slashing is hidden behind Bonanza...
By Taint 2021-03-29 14:14:42  
Another problem of DNC now is that you only have piercing damage. Slashing is hidden behind Bonanza...

Karambit and a few different sword options (none are great).
By SimonSes 2021-03-29 14:30:37  
Taint said: »

Karambit and a few different sword options (none are great).

Karambit is ok vs dagger on skeletons, but overall its not as good 2nd damage option like Naegling for DRG, Loxotic for WAR, Maxientus for BLU, Shining One for SAM, Naegling for THF. Probably even Loxotic on DRK is better.

Also thats for Segments farming when you can sub mnk and use Raging Fists. For Tier III you are limited to mostly Xevioso and Arebati (not sure if you could fit into Bumba composition? Maybe), which I guess its not that bad overall I guess. Could be worse.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-29 14:48:31  
Dnc tank/dd might be perfect for Bee
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-30 15:11:55  
Anyone tried Fu solo with the new tank set ? Sub run ?
Its easly doable now with war/run , i wonder if dnc can eat the Ga spells better now with more hp
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
サーバ: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2021-04-16 04:49:24  
Comparing Nyame to Malignance:
Nyame has +251 HP, + 216 defense (protect V levels of difference) and -7% more DT. All at the cost of 21 evasion.

The only question I have is if Terpsichore DNC/Sam would still be better with Malignance 4/5 + Relic feet+3, with all the store tp? Nyame with Path B will be awesome for ws, but I don’t really want to give up all that store tp. Now if nyame wasn’t rare, I’d just work on 2 sets, one A, one B.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35