フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » A Summoner's Gear Guide
A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-05-03 18:15:41  
no. i just found the code in an old RDM lua and copied it, havent edited it yet for my gear. i have crier's gaiters.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-04 10:34:49  
Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl said: »
is there a way to include this code in the SMN lua so that when i have an avatar out but not engaged it will equip my movement speed gear?

Your Lua can tell if you are engaged, but I don't think it can tell if your pet is engaged if that's what you're asking.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-05-04 11:26:18  
Lua can tell if your pet is engaged. Using motes myself, so idk how different it is for others, but I just have a custom idle group for pet melee.
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if pet.isvalid then
       if pet.status == 'Engaged' then

then setup w/e custom sets you want.

That being said in regards to equipping movement speed gear, this sounds like an overly complicated way of just putting movespeed in your idle? Unless you're looking for a very specific function other than "when I'm not doing anything I want movespeed equipped"
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-04 15:05:38  
Ah I didn't know that because it's not something I've ever had a reason to try before! Very little pet information is available to Gearswap so I'm surprised that actually works.

I may have to add some logic to my Lua so people can make special sets like what this person is trying to do if they're so inclined.

That said, it is a very strange request. I'd advise caution when adding this logic, so that if you're in one of your more defensive idle modes it doesn't use the Gaiters.

What specifically comes to mind is TP drain fights like Mboze. You don't Assault your avatar there, because you don't want to feed TP, which means in order to use Mewing you have to stand right up next to Mboze to get your avatar in range. You definitely don't want to be in your Gaiters for that.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-05 03:08:47  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Lua can tell if your pet is engaged.

A small nitpick: lua can't tell anything. Gearswap is setup in a way that it has information about the status of your avatar.

The difference might seem minor but it's significant, especially when trying to setup more complicated mechanisms.

Carry on.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2023-05-26 22:02:03  
Siren.Kruel said: »
Without aftermath up, i've found smn's best dmg potential from multi hit blood pacts is:

head: Capped helios with pet DA 8%
body: Relic +3
hands: Merlinic with top end augs
legs: Apogee (path D)
feet: Capped helios with pet DA 8%
Asura.Pergatory said: »
This set has 144 BPD and 44 DA. That's a 2.44 multiplier for the BPD, and a 1.2933 multiplier for the average return on DA, for a total average multiplier of 3.1557.
I was kinda surprised no one's mentioned this, but for when Nirv AM3 isn't up the Helios gloves with max BPD and DA augments actually have a higher average multiplier than the Merlinic gloves (including the max 10 BPD augment) with that gear set.
ItemSet 391395
All other gear the same aside from the gloves, gives a total of 3.1781 multipler (with 2.36 BPD multi and 1.3467 DA multi). Plus the 30 avatar acc you can get on the Helios gloves helps offset the acc loss from the Relic +3 body.

I'm not sure if there is something else I'm overlooking with the Merlinic gloves. The 20 magic attack doesn't do anything for physical blood pacts of course, and I don't think the 20 avatar attack on them makes that big of a difference. Unless you guys are getting some extra avatar specific augment on the Merlinic gloves besides the 10 BPD, otherwise from what the calculator shows the Helios gloves seem like the BiS for when Nirv AM3 is down.

I ran some other tests with that gear set on the calc as well, and looks like the AF3 body and Merlinic gloves are BiS for when you factor Nirv AM3 is up. Astral Conduit didn't change any of the BiS gear results for when AM3 is up or down.

Also if you use the Gridarvor in that set, it changes the results to AF3 body and Helios gloves being the BiS gear combo, with or without Conduit. Although the Merlinic gloves with Grid was almost exact same multiplier, just slightly less. So either would be good in that situation.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-05-27 09:17:33  
Any thoughts on Opashoro (prime weapon stage 5)? An extra pet level, an extra 10 BPD, Pet accuracy, racc, macc +35, and a MAB boost in the aftermath. I'm guessing physical BPs that can multi-attack with their ftp transferred across all hits will make Nirvana bis but only with AM3 up?
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-27 12:57:30  
Asura.Illuminate said: »
Any thoughts on Opashoro (prime weapon stage 5)? An extra pet level, an extra 10 BPD, Pet accuracy, racc, macc +35, and a MAB boost in the aftermath. I'm guessing physical BPs that can multi-attack with their ftp transferred across all hits will make Nirvana bis but only with AM3 up?
You're most likely correct with mythic aftermath up and ftp transferring blood pacts.

Depending on how much pet MAB Opashoro gives with its aftermath, it could end up being crazy for magical blood pacts, or really crazy for Flaming Crush too.

There is one thing though, Opashoro has zero - perp on it, so if you want to actually use its aftermath and keep it equipped for the duration, you'll probably want to make up the lost -8 perp from Nirvana somewhere.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [228 days between previous and next post]
By devasbismarck 2024-01-10 03:39:11  
Can anyone confirm if i need to use DM augs to hit 10 bp dam and high amounts of mab for a grioavolr or if its possible with regular stones please?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2024-01-10 03:52:01  
devasbismarck said: »
Can anyone confirm if i need to use DM augs to hit 10 bp dam and high amounts of mab for a grioavolr or if its possible with regular stones please?

green stones iirc, but expect to use a ton of them.
By devasbismarck 2024-01-10 03:55:42  
lovely thanks will free up some mule space.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-01-10 12:36:26  

you can actually get 10 with any stone, though if you're going for a magic staff, you'll want a combo of BP, pet mag-acc and pet mab. Personally, I have bp 8, pet mag acc 27, pet mab 28, I have gotten bp 10 on other augments, but with lower macc and mab. 1 bp damage is equal to about 2.5 mab, and mag acc is just a nice bonus. the "best" total augments you can get with the 3 stones in theory is 10, 30, 30, which would give you the equivalent of 55 mab, for reference, mine is 48. hope that helps.
[+]
By devasbismarck 2024-01-10 13:14:16  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

you can actually get 10 with any stone, though if you're going for a magic staff, you'll want a combo of BP, pet mag-acc and pet mab. Personally, I have bp 8, pet mag acc 27, pet mab 28, I have gotten bp 10 on other augments, but with lower macc and mab. 1 bp damage is equal to about 2.5 mab, and mag acc is just a nice bonus. the "best" total augments you can get with the 3 stones in theory is 10, 30, 30, which would give you the equivalent of 55 mab, for reference, mine is 48. hope that helps.

So can DM augs break these caps to go beyond 10 30 30?
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-10 13:18:06  
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-01-10 17:39:50  
I recall someone claimed seeing a BP Damage +15 before, but I'm skeptical and I think they're just misremembering. I've never seen a BP Damage above 10 from dark matter. Also never seen BP damage along with any other meaningful pet stats although I'm sure that one is just a matter of probability.

I haven't seen high amounts of pet stats at all though, with or without blood pact damage. Never seen even 30 Pet:MAB. Keep in mind when you see 30-40 Pet:MAB on normal augs, it's actually two stats which are sometimes combined in the display (25 + 15) so the normal max for one roll is 25. I'm unsure if DM would need to pull the same trick to get +30 or more, but if so, that makes it even more ridiculously unlikely.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-01-11 08:50:23  
yes, they can in theory, however the likelihood of getting all 3 stats with DM augments is uncommonly rare. and you'd need to get BP 22 to make getting 0 mab worth it, and so far, in my experience, I've never seen higher than bp 7 on a dm augment. i do know that merlinic pieces can get (mab/mag acc), (mab) and (mag acc) in 3 separate rolls, granting higher than the 30 which appears to be the max on those kind of stats, but since pet mab and pet magacc seem to be individual stats, and there is no combined one like with player mab/magacc, it's improbable that you'd just get 2 rolls for the exact same stat.

in my experiences, the highest individual stat I've seen on a player's gear is 50 mab, but I've yet to see a single augment for pet mab or pet magacc higher than 30

I should note, this comment was in reference to the staff only. The merlinic set can indeed get 3 separate rolls on each pet mab, pet mag acc, and pet mab/magacc.
[+]
By devasbismarck 2024-01-12 01:00:47  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
yes, they can in theory, however the likelihood of getting all 3 stats with DM augments is uncommonly rare. and you'd need to get BP 22 to make getting 0 mab worth it, and so far, in my experience, I've never seen higher than bp 7 on a dm augment. i do know that merlinic pieces can get (mab/mag acc), (mab) and (mag acc) in 3 separate rolls, granting higher than the 30 which appears to be the max on those kind of stats, but since pet mab and pet magacc seem to be individual stats, and there is no combined one like with player mab/magacc, it's improbable that you'd just get 2 rolls for the exact same stat.

in my experiences, the highest individual stat I've seen on a player's gear is 50 mab, but I've yet to see a single augment for pet mab or pet magacc higher than 30

Are merlinic hands the same?, +10 bp achievable by regular stones?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-12 01:12:14  
Yes, you can get 10 BPD from regular stones.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-01-12 11:31:36  
yup, I believe the augment I have is from taupe stones, but that was just random luck. the merlinic set however is not bound by the same condition I mentioned before relating to the staff. The armor set has the option to get per mab/magacc on one roll, so you can somewhat easily get over 30 mab and magacc.

the piece I 'm using has
bp damage 10
pet: int 9,
mag acc 11,
mag acc 25,
mab 25,
mab 11.
 Leviathan.Tsukki
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2024-01-13 13:45:53  
Does anyone know if element+ affects avatars in anyway? Like, if I'm wearing something with fire+10, will it make ifrit's elemental BPs stronger?
By SimonSes 2024-01-13 14:09:51  
Leviathan.Tsukki said: »
Does anyone know if element+ affects avatars in anyway? Like, if I'm wearing something with fire+10, will it make ifrit's elemental BPs stronger?

What you mean? Like Fire +25 on https://www.ffxiah.com/item/10831/paewr-belt ?

That is elemental resistance, not bonus to fire damage. It also works just for the player wearing it, not pets.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-13 15:36:45  
I think he's referring to stuff like Marin Staff +1

Wind Elemental Magic Atk Bonus+11

AFAIK there is no piece that says Pet: ___ Elemental Magic Atk Bonus, so no...
 Bahamut.Phinneus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2024-01-13 15:49:28  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

There's this. It's not Elemental specific, but avatar specific.

To answer the original question though, any pet bonuses to elemental MAB would have to state "pet: or avatar:" for it to apply to the pet.
 Leviathan.Tsukki
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2024-01-13 18:10:25  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Yea this. Should have been more specific lol

Bahamut.Phinneus said: »
To answer the original question though, any pet bonuses to elemental MAB would have to state "pet: or avatar:" for it to apply to the pet.

Makes sense, thanks
By zeta 2024-01-17 06:41:10  
Trying to understand the BP delay as a newer smn. The set on the main page shows BP2 -15 but I dont see how. is that a typo?

I am using that set and seems BP1 -15, BP2 -10.

With that said if I understand right: 60-15-10-10-10 = 15 sec? My recast should be 15 sec right?

I am sure there is something I am missing here. I already was reading about skill but unsure why it is mentioned? Is it just for calculating the BP affect or does skill somehow lower delay?

Thanks for helping.

ItemSet 366325
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-01-17 08:20:26  
There is a hard cap of -30 seconds on BP delay from gear/gifts with BP delay capping at -15, BP delay II capping at -15 and BP delay gifts capping at -10. So in gear you are going to have BP -15 from the hands and legs if you have the +1 set, you need the cape for the skill so BP II delay -3 max, Sancus to finish getting the remaining -2 from BP II delay and then the rest from gifts.

The extra -10 seconds comes from avatars favor. You need 735 summoning skill and the empy +3 head to reach the -10 seconds when you are at capped avatars favor.

So 60s - 30s(combined delay) - 10s = 20s is the absolute minimum for the delay.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 08:23:20  
60s base
JP -10s
BPR or BPRII -20s (your choice, no more than 15 of either)

Lowest you can get is 20s, but realistically you're looking for 21s. The key to getting highest BP reduction is skill, not because it removes the recast by itself, but because it helps you reach the highest Avatar's Favor tier. Check the Avatar's Favor BG wiki page to see the chart. You need AF+ from empy horn and JP gift, and a massive amount of summoning magic skill from gear and ML. To get to 20s, you need 670 skill and empy+3 horn or 735 skill and +2 horn.

Note: this set you posted uses -7 from ammo, -15 from hands/legs, this caps BPR/BPR-II at 20)
By Tarage 2024-01-17 08:42:01  
The Avatar's favor bp reduction only relies on the gear you when you do a bp, so you do not have to have maximum skill in your idle set, only your bp delay set. That is why the set is designed the way it is, to maximize skill while juggling bp delay 1 and 2.

The shortest delay possible is 20 seconds. You cannot go beyond that.

Also worth noting, if your idle set gets you down to the -1 perp cost cap, Avatar's favor is free, due to the way the math works out. If you have the max perp reduction gear required to hit -1, you should make it a habit to always have favor on: it has zero downsides.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 08:56:08  
Tarage said: »
you should make it a habit to always have favor on: it has zero downsides.

Edit: I misunderstood this comment I think. Avatar's Favor (the ability) should always be on. Gear though, depends...sometimes you want to have +skill gear on to increase the tier of your favor, sometimes you don't. Read the below with that context...

Eh,,,except it competes with refresh, DT, meva, avatar dps, avatar regen, avatar regain, and any other stats you could care about having in your idle set.

I'd recommend making multiple idle sets depending on situation, there are a lot of competing stats depending on which avatar you have out, how your MP is, if you're in a party with mages or melee, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22