Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 01:24:20  
I don't get paid to watch streams, I get paid to do ambu though~

You don't honestly think I would give a rats fat *** about the queue if it wasn't affecting money do you?
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-04-05 02:44:10  
The proper nomenclature is 'Rat's Mandingus'.
By Aerix 2019-04-05 03:11:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't get paid to watch streams, I get paid to do ambu though~

You don't honestly think I would give a rats fat *** about the queue if it wasn't affecting money do you?

I see humor is lost on you. Maybe you can configure a bot to farm yourself a funny bone.
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2019-04-05 04:00:39  
I getting into sixboxing, and successfully did VD quite a few times - as long killed before Housemaker show up. That's the only real struggle with VD, to fast enough determine which of my alts housemaker is going for, alt-tab and get out of range. Is the exact conditions actually known? Having 0 hate on MB and run far away does for sure not work, this way HM run to group. Might need to either be within range or have some hate on the MB?
1. Possible to manipulate the fight to make HM 100% of the time run to same char?
2. Tips to determine fast AF which char his coming for? (6 second charge time is purely luck with alt-tabbing)
 Phoenix.Hova
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2019-04-05 04:30:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
rats fat ***

Is this a thing? What is this being compared to?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-05 06:57:07  
Asura.Diggs said: »
I getting into sixboxing, and successfully did VD quite a few times - as long killed before Housemaker show up. That's the only real struggle with VD, to fast enough determine which of my alts housemaker is going for, alt-tab and get out of range. Is the exact conditions actually known? Having 0 hate on MB and run far away does for sure not work, this way HM run to group. Might need to either be within range or have some hate on the MB?
1. Possible to manipulate the fight to make HM 100% of the time run to same char?
2. Tips to determine fast AF which char his coming for? (6 second charge time is purely luck with alt-tabbing)
Bozzetto Housemaker will always target whoever has the most "hate" from casting AoE Barspells. Have one person be dedicated to using Barspells on the party (best if done by support job using /WHM and not the main healer). Make sure to have someone else use Paralyna on this person because the paralyze effect is very potent.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-05 06:58:29  
also does anyone know what the range on earthshaker? how far does the target need to be from the party to not hit anyone?
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-05 07:23:37  
I only got to do 1 normal yesterday and doing barspells on my bard it went after me the one time it did it lol so idk, I just pulled that off the BGwiki page
 Sylph.Pankas
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-04-05 08:16:26  
So there was 2 theories:
1. Person with lowest hate.
2. person doing bar spells.

Did some testing yesterday to check them both. DRK just casted poison to get on hate list and GEO was doing barspells and meleeing. All the time Big Momma ran after GEO. So take it from my experience, its person doing barspells it will go after. Which makes it easier to plan ahead if doing melee style. Only issue is whm or anyone else needs to step in for barspells for "run away" window.

BTW thanks to my party yesterday who were patient (some not so much) while experimenting.
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2019-04-05 08:33:44  
What's the mechanic/theory on WHEN the Housemaker comes over? If the Breadwinner isn't silenced or after a set amount of time?

I did 6 VD runs yesterday melee style (COR COR BRD WHM GEO RUN) and we didn't have the Housemaker come once. Breadwinner was dead in ~3 minutes. I did a N run the day before and she came multiple times. Just not sure what "triggers" her to come in...
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-04-05 09:28:28  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
VD run in ~3m20s found on youtube.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Anyone wanna translate that? lol
I did about 10 runs last night and never once got zero adds or the housemaker not show up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-05 10:03:47  
Asura.Brahk said: »
What's the mechanic/theory on WHEN the Housemaker comes over? If the Breadwinner isn't silenced or after a set amount of time?

I did 6 VD runs yesterday melee style (COR COR BRD WHM GEO RUN) and we didn't have the Housemaker come once. Breadwinner was dead in ~3 minutes. I did a N run the day before and she came multiple times. Just not sure what "triggers" her to come in...

The Breadwinner can call over the Housemaker, silence helps to prevent that (not 100%). You will see messages in the log to indicate the failure to call over the Housemaker if Breadwinner is silenced:

Carbuncle.Finalwolf said: »
silence the breadwinner to prevent the housemaker from being called over. you'll get a pop up message when silence is applied and when it wear off.

"The boss appears to have a difficult time projecting"
"The boss's throat is no longer scratchy."
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2019-04-05 10:17:47  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The Breadwinner can call over the Housemaker, silence helps to prevent that (not 100%). You will see messages in the log to indicate the failure to call over the Housemaker if Breadwinner is silenced:

silence the breadwinner to prevent the housemaker from being called over. you'll get a pop up message when silence is applied and when it wear off.

Thanks, so regardless, need to be prepared for her to come at any point even if Silence is applied.
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-04-05 10:39:21  
What about the little ones? I have been using silence and elegy right off the rip and always get one or more little ones and then the big one comes in around the 20-30% mark.
By Aerison 2019-04-05 10:44:00  
Sometimes urchins will pop even with silence.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-05 10:45:27  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
VD run in ~3m20s found on youtube.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Anyone wanna translate that? lol
I did about 10 runs last night and never once got zero adds or the housemaker not show up.

There is nothing to translate or some hidden gimmick, it's simply dumb luck that nothing happened. They even failed to do the barspell mechanic early on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-05 11:06:41  
Asura.Brahk said: »

Thanks, so regardless, need to be prepared for her to come at any point even if Silence is applied.

You should, yes. Have someone keep an eye out for him running over, and if he does, just give some distance between your front line group and mages. Should be easy to see which person the Housemaker is gonna stomp on, just run away from each other to minimize aoe damage on group.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-05 13:14:10  
Sylph.Pankas said: »
So there was 2 theories:
1. Person with lowest hate.
2. person doing bar spells.

Did some testing yesterday to check them both. DRK just casted poison to get on hate list and GEO was doing barspells and meleeing. All the time Big Momma ran after GEO. So take it from my experience, its person doing barspells it will go after. Which makes it easier to plan ahead if doing melee style. Only issue is whm or anyone else needs to step in for barspells for "run away" window.

BTW thanks to my party yesterday who were patient (some not so much) while experimenting.
There must be some other factor(s) involved because I just did two VD runs where I was the barspeller and I was also DDing and the mom went after the GEO every time. No one else cast any barspells and all of mine landed in time to counter the warble. I've never had the mom come after me when I'm both barspelling and DDing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-05 13:16:20  
What job were you on CPU, and was the GEO (unlikely) meleeing as well?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-05 13:24:21  
gistofanything said: »
I mean, if people want it to be done legitimately, give people an idea of what they might need to do so accommodations can be made to fit that, whether that's chat filter settings or places to safely practice the reactions, etc. Don't complain about people using a solution without providing one yourself.

1) Use battlemod or in-game filters to filter out auto attacks, evades, etc. You don't want your chatbox flooded w/ nonsense... you want to be able to see monster actions clearly.

2) Adjust the color of monster actions text to something unique and eye-catching.

3) Set up your macro palette/key binds so you have all six barspells in a row, ready to go. You do not have time to menu-cast. You do not have time to fumble around. You literally have 1-sec on an average NA/EU connection to hit the right barspell after you see the warble element message. Those closer to the server may have a bit more time.

4) Petrify from Stone Meeble Warble is the one that will really *** you over if you miss it, so keep barstonra up between warbles as a safeguard.

5) Count down 30 seconds until the next warble.

6) Keep your camera turned toward the center of the battlefield to watch for the housemaker. If she comes running, you need to get 20' from your party. Paralyna yourself after you get hit.

With all this said, barspelling is completely optional. You can full-time barstonra and just esuna everything else off. If somebody can accession/perpetuance Regen V before entering, it really takes the edge off the warble DOTs.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-05 13:42:11  
What job were you on CPU, and was the GEO (unlikely) meleeing as well?
I've been on COR/WHM every time. The GEO has not been meleeing, just casting silence and helping with erase/cures. My parse is pretty low due to only using WS in between barspell windows, usually ~15%, so I'm not sure where I would be on the hate list. I don't know exactly what the mechanic is but I'm pretty happy about it because it's a lot easier to handle barspell duty when you don't have to run away or worry about paralyze.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-05 13:46:04  
Perhaps it disregards anyone actively engaged to the Breadwinner and only targets those low on hate list but not engaged. Could be worth a test: have everyone engage and see if he still gets called over and who he goes after.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-05 13:51:03  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
gistofanything said: »
I mean, if people want it to be done legitimately, give people an idea of what they might need to do so accommodations can be made to fit that, whether that's chat filter settings or places to safely practice the reactions, etc. Don't complain about people using a solution without providing one yourself.

1) Use battlemod or in-game filters to filter out auto attacks, evades, etc. You don't want your chatbox flooded w/ nonsense... you want to be able to see monster actions clearly.

2) Adjust the color of monster actions text to something unique and eye-catching.

3) Set up your macro palette/key binds so you have all six barspells in a row, ready to go. You do not have time to menu-cast. You do not have time to fumble around. You literally have 1-sec on an average NA/EU connection to hit the right barspell after you see the warble element message. Those closer to the server may have a bit more time.
The only thing that I'd add to this is that if you have a hard time remembering which key matches which spell, you could also create Windower aliases for yourself e.g. 'alias bara /input /ma "Barera" <me>' and then sit there with your chat bar containing "//bar" while watching for the element name. I find it a lot easier and more intuitive to smash "a + enter" when I see the word Aero since I can just match the first letter instead of trying to remember which macro# I assigned. You'll never be as fast as react either way though and there isn't a lot of room for error.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 13:51:58  
I've done cor/whm doing barspells and meleeing, it comes after me.

It's not "lowest on the enmity list" it's very much the caster of bars, unless no one is casting bars... then... it's (usually whm)

It may very well be whoever cast the most recent buff? (or spell?) or whoever cast the most buffs after aggro.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-05 14:04:27  
I feel like it would've gone after the WHM at least once or twice if it was most recent spell. Most recent buff is definitely possible. I'll try to monitor the next time I do it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-05 14:14:40  
100% of the time it goes for the person who is casting bar, doesn't matter what job they are. War/whm brd/whm cor/whm drk/whm. I've never once seen it go after someone else IF someone is casting bars.

When no one is casting bars, it's gone after WHMs BRDs and GEOs, never fully noticed which/why
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-04-05 14:29:08  
It is whoever last cast a bar spell, Had my mule doing bar spells on brd, cor, and geo and it always targeted her. Didn't see it go after anyone else in 30 runs, if barspeller dies maybe it goes off hate list, maybe last person to heal? but its main target will always be the last person to bar spell.
By sharazisspecial 2019-04-05 15:53:49  
Been trying to pup burn this but boss seems to petrify/stun puppets through overdrive.
Question is can Cor cast Barstonra at start before encounter would they have to stay in range of boss for it to nullify petrify. Or could they retreat to safety with the PUPs.
Or even if barspells prevents Avatars and Puppet from being afflicted by status effects lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11