2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By Afania 2019-04-08 18:32:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Notice how that tank almost died from stun? Risk. Unnecessary. One more hit/One more counter. Dead. GG. Wasted time. Pass.

The tank almost died because he was playing wayyyy more offensive than a normal tank(last resort up, lionheart over epeo, only 3-4 slots of DT gears).

It has nothing to do with bar spell strategy, if you are worry about the risk of tank dying having a more defensive tank with epeo and higher dt + /sam instead of /drk will not drop to red under the same scenerio.
 Asura.Smoky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-08 18:32:51  
Afania said: »
If anything you should be encouraging people to leave Asura to solve the queue problem, not the other way around.

Yes build the wall around Asura. We really don't need anymore people coming here. We're full!

Edit: Only Tanks and WHMs can seek asylum.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-08 18:40:42  
Close assura and kick half of them out indiscriminately.

If half your shell gets kicked the *** out to podunk valefor and you want to stay together, guess you get to jump there too. Money for square. And problem solved. No more megaserver. Everyone wins. Except valefor who gets ***on initially.

...then work on a mega auctionhouse. That is the literal only reason to be on asura. Fix that. Fix all the problems.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-08 18:43:07  
Jdove said: »
Asura.Smoky said: »
Yes build the wall around Asura. We really don't need anymore people coming here. We're full!

Edit: Only Tanks and WHMs can seek asylum.
says donald trump

Well he's not wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brake
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Brake
By Bahamut.Brake 2019-04-08 19:03:56  
I rarely post but since I was the tank in that vid, I'll chime in. Epeo would of made it a lot safer. That's a given. If I had one, I'd use it this month. What Lex was trying to demonstrate is that the barspell gimick can be mostly ignored. It's an easy fight that doesn't need react at all to be successful or fast.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-08 19:26:38  
Bahamut.Brake said: »
I rarely post but since I was the tank in that vid, I'll chime in. Epeo would of made it a lot safer. That's a given. If I had one, I'd use it this month. What Lex was trying to demonstrate is that the barspell gimick can be mostly ignored. It's an easy fight that doesn't need react at all to be successful or fast.

yes......
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 22:30:50  

Barspell gimmick makes it ridiculously safe and easy to win cause it's AoE Stun / Paralyze / Plague are just time wasters.

True story, one of our first runs we had the WHM doing the barpsells and due to him casting a cure he missed a barthunder, the result was a long stun at the exact time the NM decides to hundred firsts and flattened several people. Was totally a random occurrence but it just shows how cheap this game can be. Since then we just have the GEO drop bubbles and auto-barspell while everyone else just destroys it.
By soralin 2019-04-09 03:06:29  
Absolutely mind blowing how easy this month is.

Ochain Paladin with REMA weapon absolutely beast tanks this.

Don't even need to worry much about your JAs, pop off sentinel and friends at the start and just spam savage blade. The stupid high TP spam you get from blocking hundred fists means you're constantly spamming weaponskills and barely spend much time meleeing. Capped Phalanx set makes it a breeze. Just make sure you keep reprisal up, which should be easy with capped haste.

I was dropping 20~30K savage blades back to back and easily keeping hate without really trying.

After messing around with it, we found tanking the boss dead center in the middle of the map minimized adds as long as he is kept silenced.

Often had runs where not a single add even showed up, sometimes 1.

Geo, DD Cor, Brd, Whm, Pld, R15 DD

Everyone just spammed the ***out of savage blade and completely wrecked the boss.

This is gonna be a good month!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-09 05:20:15  
soralin said: »
I was dropping 20~30K savage blades back to back and easily keeping hate without really trying.
What is the secret to PLD dealing proper damage while tanking?

I really don't make TP that fast as PLD despite how much I get slapped/block.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-09 07:33:01  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

It's a secret ritual known only to a select few. First talk to your moogle, then select change job and finally choose RUN.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-09 08:48:09  

Maybe tanking easier things in a TP set as opposed to a turtle set.
I see a lot of PLDs just copy and paste turtle set onto every encounter when only a few encounters require it.

But yea, I agree with sav the Nomad moogle changes your job for free.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-04-09 09:15:36  
Yeah, you build a TP set and cry about the fact you basically have to use Tempus Fugit to cap haste among other annoyances. It's not like you do godawful damage if you bother to invest in gear beyond Souv+1. Just a RUN who invests as much into their WS and DD/Hybrid sets will do like twice as much.
By Nariont 2019-04-09 09:49:07  
Think there was a solid hybrid set posted on pld forums but sadly not getting around not being delay capped, not even having fencer of a decent amount to pretend to offset that lack of cap. Run just naturally pulls ahead its silly.

Just put job haste on fencer/shield mastery
By eliroo 2019-04-09 10:02:54  
Nariont said: »

I don't think SE will ever give PLD offensive buffs. I mean look at Atonement and R15 Burtgang. Sure the enmity generation is much better but they could have accomplished that by fixing the damn WS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-09 10:05:29  

I really really wish SE would add 10% JA haste onto the Fencer trait. Would fix so many issues with current Single Wielding balance.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-04-09 10:09:10  
Asura.Saevel said: »

I really really wish SE would add 10% JA haste onto the Fencer trait. Would fix so many issues with current Single Wielding balance.

Giving at least Fencer 1 to the jobs that actually benefit from it(PLD+RDM) so they don't have to /war for it would be nice too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-09 10:30:56  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »

Giving at least Fencer 1 to the jobs that actually benefit from it(PLD+RDM) so they don't have to /war for it would be nice too.

Fencer 1 is weak anyway, you want tier 4 or above to really get some power.
By Nariont 2019-04-09 10:42:31  
eliroo said: »
I mean look at Atonement and R15 Burtgang

Hah, i didnt notice that.. well 100 enmity gives a dmg boost when you arent at cap, which tanks surely have trouble reaching! Really though i think theyre scared of making non-ele ws too powerful but it wouldnt kill anyone if its cap was bumped to 10~12k.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-09 10:43:35  

Maybe tanking easier things in a TP set as opposed to a turtle set.
I see a lot of PLDs just copy and paste turtle set onto every encounter when only a few encounters require it.
I often resort to TP set (especially in this month Ambuscade near the end) but I was under the impression there'd be something more efficient than what I do.

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Yeah, you build a TP set and cry about the fact you basically have to use Tempus Fugit to cap haste among other annoyances. It's not like you do godawful damage if you bother to invest in gear beyond Souv+1. Just a RUN who invests as much into their WS and DD/Hybrid sets will do like twice as much.
Yeah, I'm still missing WS gear for RUN (and probably a few hybrid pieces like Ayanmo body +2).

So I guess there is no choice in the end.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-09 11:06:39  
I mean look at Atonement and R15 Burtgang

Hah, i didnt notice that.. well 100 enmity gives a dmg boost when you arent at cap, which tanks surely have trouble reaching! Really though i think theyre scared of making non-ele ws too powerful but it wouldnt kill anyone if its cap was bumped to 10~12k.

Giving Pld the strongest non-elemental WS would be a pretty cool niche, honestly. It’s not like it would be enough to dethrone all other DDs or something. If they bumped that up + added JA Haste or delay reduction to Fencer or Shield Mastery... PLD would probably be on par with RUN outside of the MEva difference.

Oh and iLevel shields!
By Afania 2019-04-09 11:18:18  

Barspell gimmick makes it ridiculously safe and easy to win cause it's AoE Stun / Paralyze / Plague are just time wasters.

True story, one of our first runs we had the WHM doing the barpsells and due to him casting a cure he missed a barthunder, the result was a long stun at the exact time the NM decides to hundred firsts and flattened several people. Was totally a random occurrence but it just shows how cheap this game can be. Since then we just have the GEO drop bubbles and auto-barspell while everyone else just destroys it.

Well they just posted a 2 min 50 sec fight including buff time without bar spell swapping so whatever "time waster" it is it probably makes very very small difference anyways. Community these days are so demanding that they can't even tolerate being stunned for a few sec....in a video game that you are supposed to be stunned and debuffed in a fight.

The random occurrence you described may happen maybe 1 out of 10 fights. So still gonna say people were being overly vocal over a minor mechanic by demanding entire community to cheat for it. Its ridiculous.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-09 11:39:03  
Afania said: »
Well they just posted a 2 min 50 sec fight including buff time without bar spell swapping so whatever "time waster" it is it probably makes very very small difference anyways. Community these days are so demanding that they can't even tolerate being stunned for a few sec....in a video game that you are supposed to be stunned and debuffed in a fight.

We lost 2 out of maybe 40 fights that day, and both were after 7 hours of grinding + without an Epeo RUN. Brake's internet was ***, so his stream is not one video, it's like 8 of them. Party setup changed in terms of personnel over the grind, but not so much the jobs. WHM RUN DD DD COR BRD is generally what we use.

We usually have the WHM do just the barstone barspell and barpara, but a few of our WHMS are comfortable enough to time the barthundra and one other (i forget which other is dangerous)as well.

Having another job do the barspells works too if your WHM is n't A-tier.

Tl;dr: You don't need bots and this month is a joke. Can't wait until they bring back sahagins... the thread is going to be /popcorn.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-09 11:47:53  
Since people were asking about Paladin DPS and whatnot with respect to this months Ambu, I posted this on the Paladin thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/55/#3424241

Feel free to ask any questions you want on there with respect to DPSing on Pld in general.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-04-09 19:57:50  
pretty sure dnc could main heal this month, you just miss out on shell/protect or get subjob level buffs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-10 18:36:05  
Haters gonna hate :D
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-10 19:49:22  
You can scholar prebuff and drop the whm
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-11 14:31:11  
Question for you heathens that I'm sure already did it.

If you solo an Ambu. Does double gallantry get used for 0*2. Or does it only apply if you actually get gallantry.
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-11 15:34:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Question for you heathens that I'm sure already did it.

If you solo an Ambu. Does double gallantry get used for 0*2. Or does it only apply if you actually get gallantry.

Ambu V1VD in group or bust. 0 gallantry = 0 gallantry though, if solo.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-11 15:35:46  
That's not the question!

Curious if the bonus double gets burned if your first of the day is a zero. or if it waits until you actually get gallantry, to double it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11