フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 16:24:45  
If they let ambuscades be completed in; Avatar Cloisters for example. There would absolutely be less queue in mhaura.

No it doesnt solve missed packets and server fails. But it fixes the 40 minute long Queue in mhaura if there can be 21 battle fields active at once.

Let each zone use a different ambuscade mob if you have to. whatever makes this ***work.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-03 16:27:53  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If they let ambuscades be completed in; Avatar Cloisters for example. There would absolutely be less queue in mhaura.

No it doesnt solve missed packets and server fails. But it fixes the 40 minute long Queue in mhaura if there can be 21 battle fields active at once.

Ironically, it does solve the missed packets and server fails, because avatar cloisters aren't real instances.

Unfortunately, ambuscade is coded for their layer server type instance, and it'd probably be a significant amount of work to convert it to cloisters. Never mind that the arena is much smaller and may change some strategies.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-03 16:50:23  
I'm also not sure how they handle the hate mechanics for it, Ambuscade seems to follow new hate rules, but many of those old zones follow outdated hate rules that would make a tank useless because of how good modern DD's are
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 16:55:51  
That's a whole nother can of worms. That's their fault for having such a bad system and multiple of them depending on where you are.

Copy and paste legion rules into new zone

Fun fact I learned yesterday, You can summon trust in actual legion at any time. Even while being hit just like in a reive.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-03 17:03:11  
Copy and paste legion rules into new zone

As I explained last page, this isn't a viable solution.

There isn't one legion with a preset amount of server load and instances. There's a server creating legion instances as needed up to the limit. It doesn't matter how they change it, the server load will be there.

It's not as simple as taking an unused zone and copy-pasting in, even if they can add additional servers they need load balancing code and it's possible they have other back end issues(such as tells/ls/etc going to legion always routing to the same physical hardware, requiring all legion instances be on the same machine).

It's something a competent dev could solve given time and money, but they are probably not able to sink the time and money needed to solve it. It's not as simple to actually address as it might seem from your end.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 17:08:35  
Things rarely are "that simple" But it needs to be fixed. and yesterday.

When april 11th hits it's going to be full retard mode. squared.
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-04-03 17:12:20  
Maybe they should have x amount of rooms per difficulty? This way the less experienced people don't have to feel shunned by the leet community and they can take things at their pace while the leets can berate each other for taking too long in that room...
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-04-03 17:26:48  
If you dont want to use react,

Buff with Barstone+Barpetra (and dont switch)
WHM stacks on top of geo/dd/tank with Afflatus Misery
whatever element goes off will stun/para/silence/virus
Cast Esuna then toss curaga

geo can sub whm and curaga2 and also mending halation pop its bubble for extra aoe overhealing.

bard is the only one that stays unstacked on rest of party and is basically the 'bait' the housemaker goes after and kites away the aoe slam if it ever happens. Just have bard stay around 20' from whm so they can throw a heal from the chip damage from housemaker if they get in trouble.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 17:51:54  
Without reading the old thread I vaguely remember the housemaker goes after jobs in a certain order.

It's dangerous to have the highest job on the list standing near the party, even when silenced. I can't remember the order though.

Bard Geo Whm were all very high but what was the priority.

I do remember this one being fun, until I started only doing smn burns;

Just miserable.

Whms not running from the party
Melee FOLLOWING the whms that do run.
Joining without KI
Joining without HP for KI
"no enfeebling set" for silence
Not smart enough to turn when tank is bad (bad tank in general)

It gets worse every month.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-04-03 17:55:57  
EDIT: others could answer this better.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-03 21:02:45  
Tried V1VD melee style and it went horribly. Gave up and went with RUN, GEO/whm, COR/whm, SMNx3. Cakewalk died in 40ish seconds. 1hr reset through Wild Card, MMM or Altepa.. cheese but sure wins.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 21:09:34  
v1vd melee.
Run(lionheart) w/panc's
war(chango)
cor/whm(savageblade and barspell duty)
geo
brd(melee)
whm

killed adds as they popped
cor and whm run away when *** joins in.

3-4min fight

could optimize and replace cor for another heavy dd and leave brd or geo on barspell duty, and let brd just keep the adds slept
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-03 21:13:38  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
v1vd melee.
Run(lionheart) w/panc's
war(chango)
cor/whm(savageblade and barspell duty)
geo
brd(melee)
whm

killed adds as they popped
cor and whm run away when *** joins in.

3-4min fight

Yea that does sound nice, I just gave up on it quickly to burn my seals up. Me and geo just curaga right through the nonsense. SMNs did their thing and shoutout to Voic for RUNing it up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 21:21:29  
***. It's still possible to conduit.

Saw a shout already that it was 27 pages. Better save those screenshots... just sayin
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 21:22:38  
***. It's still possible to conduit.

Saw a shout already that it was 27 pages. Better save those screenshots... just sayin
it was 34 pages like 30min ago, caused my party to disband >_<
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-04-03 21:23:11  

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's not like SE doesn't realize it's an issue, they have limited options. Redesigning their instance behavior is likely not trivial and they've already reappropriated servers half a dozen or more times this year to try to deal with Asura's population issues.

Again, Asura problem. Not a FFXI problem. Even first or last day of the month, wait is near nonexistant on Leviathan.
Plenty of solutions. Impose 3 person minimum. Open a second zone that mimics legion. Force a "once a day maximum". Remove sellable items from hallmarks. All are exceptable answers. The ONLY unacceptable answer, is what they're doing. Nothing.

None of these solutions are necessary. No one is forcing people to move to Asura. People are choosing to go to where these things happen. Why should all the other servers have to suffer just for you?
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-04-03 21:24:54  
Some come to these threads to actually understand how to do the new spambuscade. Others come to watch the wonder of a person who can't play without cheating getting irritated because other people don't cheat with him. Truly one of the natural wonders of the world.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 21:28:07  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's not like SE doesn't realize it's an issue, they have limited options. Redesigning their instance behavior is likely not trivial and they've already reappropriated servers half a dozen or more times this year to try to deal with Asura's population issues.

Again, Asura problem. Not a FFXI problem. Even first or last day of the month, wait is near nonexistant on Leviathan.
Plenty of solutions. Impose 3 person minimum. Open a second zone that mimics legion. Force a "once a day maximum". Remove sellable items from hallmarks. All are exceptable answers. The ONLY unacceptable answer, is what they're doing. Nothing.

None of these solutions are necessary. No one is forcing people to move to Asura. People are choosing to go to where these things happen. Why should all the other servers have to suffer just for you?

Thats really SE's fault. Asura has been over populated for years but SE doesnt put a limit on how many ppl can join which *** everyone on asura over because its like trying to fit 6 lanes worth of LA traffic onto a 3 lane highway in a city that has 0 plans for renovation/expansion. at the very least SE should make Asura FULL status and block any and all character creations/transfers to that server forever.

FFXI much like the real world, Needs better border control

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 21:37:59  
Money on transfers is probably the reason, with the side effect that it makes things take longer, so nothing will change likely seeing as how SE loves to purposefully make things pointlessly drag out.
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2019-04-03 21:38:48  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
bard is the only one that stays unstacked on rest of party and is basically the 'bait' the housemaker goes after and kites away the aoe slam if it ever happens. Just have bard stay around 20' from whm so they can throw a heal from the chip damage from housemaker if they get in trouble.

I may have missed this earlier, but what determines which player the momma goes after? I thought it was the player who casted the last barspell? Or what are the enmity rules for the Housemaker?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 22:01:00  
No one is forcing people to move to Asura. People are choosing to go to where these things happen. Why should all the other servers have to suffer just for you?

Aren't they though. Who the *** would WANT to be on assura. No one. Everyone here is here because everywhere else is ***. We are literally hostages. or prisoners. Your choice.

It's just not worth $30 a week to have access to an AH. (if you want to play on not-assura)
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-04-03 22:09:14  
No one is forcing people to move to Asura. People are choosing to go to where these things happen. Why should all the other servers have to suffer just for you?

Aren't they though. Who the *** would WANT to be on assura. No one. Everyone here is here because everywhere else is ***. We are literally hostages. or prisoners. Your choice.

It's just not worth $30 a week to have access to an AH.
I'm getting along just fine on my "***" server, thank you very much.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-04-03 22:14:45  

It's just not worth $30 a week to have access to an AH. (if you want to play on not-assura)
But like, why do you even care, Eiryl? All you've ever done is bot, cheat, let scripts play the game for you, and then pretend you are some "God gamer" while looking down on everybody not you. The only reason you haven't been perma-banned is because people take pity on you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-03 22:22:38  
Bahamut.Lordshaxx said: »

I may have missed this earlier, but what determines which player the momma goes after? I thought it was the player who casted the last barspell? Or what are the enmity rules for the Housemaker?

Bump.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-04-03 22:35:17  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Bump.
It's one of the lowest hate players. We were some having issues tonight, though, because it would keep alternating between 2 people. D was easy, but we were about 30% success on VD. And it was always only because the housemaker would come after the person who ran less far from the group.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-04-03 22:36:33  

Bump.

Lowest person on hate list, Normally just the mage doing bar spells
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2019-04-03 22:48:20  
Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »

Bump.

Lowest person on hate list, Normally just the mage doing bar spells

Thanks. Will try more tomorrow with that in mind.
By lhova 2019-04-03 23:23:22  
Have you guys noticed blue proccing and waking the adds? Did 4 runs this morning with Cor DDRune, Whm Idris Geo, Chango R15 War and 4 song react bar spell bard and we were clearing VD in less than 5 mins. Then I did runs with a different group but the same jobs and the adds kept waking up and killing the whm abd others. Pretty much wiping us after being slept only a few seconds. Seems like when we got the boss hp under 50% I would see blue proc and then all hell breaks loose.

Anyone else experience this? Don’t believe it was bards sleep ability because we did get one win (granted with a different whm). We also silenced at the beginning and throughout the quick fight.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-04-04 00:01:16  
lhova said: »
Have you guys noticed blue proccing and waking the adds? Did 4 runs this morning with Cor DDRune, Whm Idris Geo, Chango R15 War and 4 song react bar spell bard and we were clearing VD in less than 5 mins. Then I did runs with a different group but the same jobs and the adds kept waking up and killing the whm abd others. Pretty much wiping us after being slept only a few seconds. Seems like when we got the boss hp under 50% I would see blue proc and then all hell breaks loose.

Anyone else experience this? Don’t believe it was bards sleep ability because we did get one win (granted with a different whm). We also silenced at the beginning and throughout the quick fight.
I've seen this happen before not quite sure what wakes them up, Would normally see this after they woke up from lullaby, havent had an issue i would just resleep them
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11