言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By ryukin182 2019-04-04 01:51:51  
When you guys say sleep the adds, are you specifically saying sleep for the entire fight or sleep until you deal with them? Stupid question I know, but I just returned and getting the hang of things
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 02:19:49  
There is actually literally zero queue right now. incredibly interesting.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-04-04 07:04:10  
VD run in ~3m20s found on youtube.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-04-04 08:07:45  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Bahamut.Lordshaxx said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
bard is the only one that stays unstacked on rest of party and is basically the 'bait' the housemaker goes after and kites away the aoe slam if it ever happens. Just have bard stay around 20' from whm so they can throw a heal from the chip damage from housemaker if they get in trouble.

I may have missed this earlier, but what determines which player the momma goes after? I thought it was the player who casted the last barspell? Or what are the enmity rules for the Housemaker?

Bump.
It's one of the lowest hate players. We were some having issues tonight, though, because it would keep alternating between 2 people. D was easy, but we were about 30% success on VD. And it was always only because the housemaker would come after the person who ran less far from the group.
Just to add more info here, my geo melees, so the brd is 100% always the lowest on hate list. If someone has a bard and geo, and the geo is just being a lazy bubble maker and standing there, the housemaker can come slam the geo (and the rest of the party as a result)
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-04 09:21:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is actually literally zero queue right now. incredibly interesting.

Maybe a lot of people unsubbed, pretty crappy Ambu month combined with shitty campaigns. They could be outside, start of spring and all that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 09:48:50  
It was a glitch in the matrix. Moments after Eiryl posted that, the line jumped to fifteen.
By Aerison 2019-04-04 09:55:18  
Asura.Smoky said: »
pretty crappy Ambu month

How so?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 10:00:22  
It means he lost on his first VD1 using melee, got flustered and then switched to SMN burns for easy clears.

This fight was fairly tame last iteration, and people have already posted very fast kills with melee setup.
By eliroo 2019-04-04 10:42:50  
No adds spawned in that video. Did they just BarStonra and then Misery esuna?
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-04 10:52:13  
This month is dumb luck, not in the sense that you will win or lose just if you are going to experience any mechanics. You could have a fight that is over in 3 minutes and never experience an add or kamikazi meeble. Or you could just get thrown every *** mechanic it has at you within the 30 seconds and it can quickly become a frustrating experience.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 11:02:58  
Every month is dumb luck in some way.

Last month Vengeance would just 99k when it felt like. And use Throat stab 5 times a fight and kill the DDs after tank hate loss. The month before, Qiqirns had no discernible reason why they would use PD, and would use it back to back for minutes at a time.

Ambuscade v1 is just one gigantic annoyance in some way, shape, or form. It's all about killing these monsters are quickly as possible to remove the possibility of monsters using "i win" mechanics.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-04 11:08:26  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ambuscade v1 is just one gigantic annoyance in some way, shape, or form. It's all about killing these monsters are quickly as possible to remove the possibility of monsters using "i win" mechanics.
ok saevel

really though, there's been a way to reliably win every ambuscade they've released at every pace, just have to suck less
By Aerison 2019-04-04 11:12:39  
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-04 11:19:46  

Last month Vengeance would just 99k when it felt like. And use Throat stab 5 times a fight and kill the DDs after tank hate loss. The month before, Qiqirns had no discernible reason why they would use PD, and would use it back to back for minutes at a time.

We solved why, Everyone's Virulence would be used if hate shifted mid Skillchain.

The tonberry was programmed to use Virulence instead of it could skillchain, which means the tank wasn't keeping hate.

In other words, the virulence move went off if your tank was sucking and not holding hate.

Otherwise it was Vengeance went off, and Vengeance just hit hard but not for 99k.

We figured that out pretty fast too, it wasn't even a week in and we had it. It was even on the bgwiki page for the fight.

RTFM?
By fonewear 2019-04-04 11:19:55  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
ok saevel

really though, there's been a way to reliably win every ambuscade they've released at every pace, just have to suck less

Internet thug life

[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-04 11:53:39  
It means he lost on his first VD1 using melee, got flustered and then switched to SMN burns for easy clears.

This fight was fairly tame last iteration, and people have already posted very fast kills with melee setup.

Mostly meant crappy in general for the basic pug group. Yea smn burn is quick and painless, nothing wrong with it. If you like melee style this month enjoy.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-04 16:11:05  
Best place for KI?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 16:24:18  
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Best place for KI?

Where ever everyone else isn't. There's a shitload of worm spots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 16:29:40  
Gustav worms are botted, but an option
Zeruhn Mines
Den of Rancor (the worst choice)
Kuftal is a good option, have to zone several times

some others if you know where to go for them
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Worms
By Drofrehter84 2019-04-04 16:42:33  
How would this go for a group of 3x SMN, WHM, PLD and COR?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 16:43:33  
Poorly. Geo isn't really optional. Unless you want to do N.

(for that setup)
By Drofrehter84 2019-04-04 17:04:33  
Poorly. Geo isn't really optional. Unless you want to do N.

(for that setup)

Thank you, that is helpful!
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-04 19:06:24  

None of these would result a wipe though. Not really "I win" button imo.

Without these mechanics battle would be boring as hell a anyways, certainly not interested in hitting a wall with HPs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 19:08:06  
Sign me up for unlimited rewards for hitting a wall with HP. As long as there is not queue for it. *** being entertained, this is a chore and it needs to be over sooner than later.

Putting on headphones while you clean might work for you, but a chore is a chore. I'll take faster cleaning over music while I clean all day every day.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-04 19:12:04  
Sign me up for unlimited rewards for hitting a wall with HP. As long as there is not queue for it. *** being entertained, this is a chore and it needs to be over sooner than later.

Putting on headphones while you clean might work for you, but a chore is a chore. I'll take faster cleaning over music while I clean all day every day.
Your new ambuscade soundtrack
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-04-04 22:03:14  
I'm not good enough for vd runs, but for someone who only does D maximum, I'm happy to see 2 good months of fights in a row! thank you SE /bow
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 23:02:10  
Doods. Just do the bars. None of this "heal after" stuff. Just do the bars.

It does moves at set times, not tp based. It is 100% predictable.

On N/D it's exactly 30 seconds after the last move, I don't care enough to melee VD to time it to see if its still 30 seconds.

Warble, 30 seconds, Warble, tp move, 30 seconds, Warble, 30 seconds, Warble, hundred fists, warble, 30 seconds warble

[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-04 23:21:58  
So easy and predictable, yet you still use React. HMMMM.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 23:23:51  
I want everyone I do shoutbuscade with to have react.

My time is MUCH more valuable than your pride or honor or whatever.
By Aerix 2019-04-04 23:36:00  
If your time is so valuable, then perhaps instead of making bots play the game for you, you should just watch FFXI streams. No more Asura queues to deal with! All problems solved!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11