2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 427 428 429
By Afania 2018-10-26 13:51:46  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Option three never will happen: Allow us add JSE augments to RMEA weapons: 30 STR, acu/att 20, weapon skill damage +10% etc

And they don't need to....Sept update already trivialized wave 3 with huge power creep. More power creep no thanks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 15:21:34  
The whole JSE thing is kind of tired and has pretty much met it's end. I doubt they are going to milk this again. We currently have:

• JSE 5/5 armor in 3 different renditions (artifact, relic, empyrean), with one more update to be seen for empy
• JSE Weapons from Oboro, Escha-Ruaun, and Dynamis Divergence
• Two versions of JSE capes
• New JSE augmentable necks
• (outdated) JSE earrings, ammo, and necks from abyssea (could see an update in a future release)

Not sure what they could add that would be worth the trouble in the form of JSE weapons. The Oboro ones range from very garbage to very good (for the price and effort). The recent JSE weapons make me think there's no way they'd go this route again so soon.

Sticking to the thought it's just more cosmetic ambuscade-boss gear, but maybe that's just my hope cuz inventory is bogged down as it is.
By volkom 2018-10-26 15:26:15  
JSE augmentable weaponskills

(craft your own ws)
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-26 15:28:21  
If they do NQ/+1/+2 weapons similar to Ambuscade armor, then that might actually be a nice thing for inventory since they'd presumably be multi-job and storable.

Another (admittedly remote) possibility that'd actually be nice is doing grips/shields/ammo/animator/etc type stuff with augments.

In either case though, it'd be nicer to see multi-job items.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 15:45:21  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

I'm more in favor of an "All Jobs" or "Multi-Job" style items that can just be augmented with various paths and used for several jobs as well. There is no reason why I should have 7 different job ambuscade capes with the exact same augments. The jobs themselves gain no innate advantage from the cape augment options, since they are all equally available to all. I would have been happier with a "Mecistopins Mantle" that I could use across all jobs.

If they really are adding weapons with augments (sigh), I am praying it is multi-job. I don't even have the room for JSE necks as it is, let alone anything else JSE.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-10-26 15:49:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I'm more in favor of an "All Jobs" or "Multi-Job" style items that can just be augmented with various paths and used for several jobs as well. There is no reason why I should have 7 different job ambuscade capes with the exact same augments. The jobs themselves gain no innate advantage from the cape augment options, since they are all equally available to all. I would have been happier with a "Mecistopins Mantle" that I could use across all jobs.

If they really are adding weapons with augments (sigh), I am praying it is multi-job. I don't even have the room for JSE necks as it is, let alone anything else JSE.

This times 100. Need another mog wardrobe or two please with all of this job specific gear. And no, moogle slips are not the answer.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-26 15:55:05  
Would be great to have job-specific inventory, though I'm half certain they already said no to that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-10-26 16:20:16  
Really don't understand how people don't have inventory, unless they refuse to put things on slips. Or have some really situational gear for a lot of jobs.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-10-26 16:32:59  
Well you can't store all the augmented gear, and like each job has tons of specific augmentable gear unless you aren't min/maxing them.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-10-26 16:54:41  
The augmented gear is generally bis for many jobs. It's weapons that take a lot of space.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-26 17:26:11  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Really don't understand how people don't have inventory, unless they refuse to put things on slips. Or have some really situational gear for a lot of jobs.

Or they try to min max too many jobs. Most jobs are totally functional without having 123456789 sets. Most of my jobs have 1-3 ambuscade back and I rarely stuck on getting win because I don't have 7+ ambu back.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 21:43:28  
Are you kidding me? The most unique aspects of ffxi are the job system and the gear swaps. There a ton of jobs and tons of gear for all of them. The game is literally DESIGNED for the player to play different jobs just because they feel like it. That's the point. Amazing a community of min maxers who clown you for not being the best you can be are talking about how you would have inventory if you didn't minmax. Wtf?

News flash, a LOT of people like playing several jobs for whatever reason. I could devote all of my time to dragoon or something but the fun part of this game is the fact that you can switch jobs at the drop of a hat and enjoy something different. Players should not be punished because they enjoy being their best at every job they choose. The inventory issue in this game is unforgivable and they made it worse by making the best items be job specific with augments on them. It's not even a money thing either because I have all wardrobes purchased on my account. But I literally have to send myself 5-10 items every time I do an event just so I have space for spoils, and I know I'm not the only one.

A player should not be discouraged from playing multiple jobs because of gear of inventory, that's just silly.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-26 22:17:04  
Amazing a community of min maxers who clown you for not being the best you can be

This is quite a generalization, lol.

Even if you have all the inv in the world, for most people they will never reach absolute best because of limited time investment and life.

So you are not allowed to play a job just because you don't min max, isn't it tiring to just play the game?

The most unique aspects of ffxi are the job system and the gear swaps.

I never say you shouldn't swap gear. I'm only saying a job can be extremely functional in content with less swaps. Since most of the gears in game has multi job side grade available that's at least quite close in terms of performance.

Players should not be punished because they enjoy being their best at every job they choose.

Because I'm not seeing a good way to solve this issue without sacrificing games life span. Nor I see it as a "punishment" since min maxing is supposed to be a bonus, not a requirement.

The entire point of having JSE back is obviously to make ambu last longer so people don't just make 7 back for 15 jobs they play and done then never ambu again. Nevermind each back has unique jse stats too. If people constantly has new back piece to work on for their next job it's more people to pt with in community too.

If people get obsessed with making 7 or even 10 ambu back, it's their choice. But it's more like a bonus at this point. I play 8 jobs across multiple job roles/armor type, and bring 5-6 of them to ilv 139+ group events regularly. Most of them only has 1-3 most important back piece covering primary WS or stats. The job that I min max the most is cor, which has 13-14 back(I honestly forgot because I have so many). When it comes to doing the content regardless which job I'm on I can still get win quite efficiently. I don't suddenly go from winning the VD or dyna wave 3 to failing hardcore just because I switch from a 13 back pieces job to a 3 back pieces job. Nor I win some kind of Olympic award for min maxing a job with 13 ambu back. And if pt performance do drop, its probably not ambu backs fault either. Its usually the lack of bigger upgrade or bad pt synergy.

If anything that's wrong with amount if backpieces we need, it would be, well, community which tells you best or bust. It's not inventorys fault.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-26 22:28:14  
I suspect that, even if we had an All Jobs cape (or even ones for groups of jobs) people would make at least one JSE back tailored to a specific need of jobs they play. The base stats on most are useful. The difference is that they wouldn't need to make 15 of the same TP cape for those 15 jobs, or 5 of the same nuking cape, and so on.

As a grind I can understand it, but balanced against inventory there should be a compromise. That said, what's done is done. However, I think it's not unreasonable to hope they avoid doing stuff like that in the future.
By Afania 2018-10-26 22:47:39  
but balanced against inventory there should be a compromise.

Personally, I like the fact that a job could have tons and tons of gears to collect on the journey to master it. It become a long term goal that one can always work on, which made ffxi more unique compare with xiv. If someone just want a functional job for event that they can switch to, they don't need THAT many gears.

If they reduce amount of gears to one can work on per job, I feel that long term goal ended up easier and faster to reach and no longer mean as much.

I feel atm the game is tolerate enough(in terms of difficulty) for jobs with minimal gears to be functional in content. If someone just want to change job and have fun, they totally can with less sets. The game barely has dps check on anything atm.

However if someone want to min max a job to extreme with 350 pieces of job specific gears, they should be allowed to. It's a long term goal for some.

What I don't understand is, people who wants to play 15 jobs and min max all of them by asking SE to reduce amount of gears they can collect(which kills long term goal) or open 10 more wardrobe(Which is increases load time). Why can't people just settle with less since they can still clear the content?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 22:53:02  
I'd be fine with one bag strictly for consumables or spoils. 20 is fine as I only carry so many ninja tools, food, ammunition, meds. That's the main thing. I don't mind being 80/80 inventory all the time but things like omen cards and dynamis shards take up a ton of space
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-26 23:43:09  
With so many capes and neck pieces around, It's high time that SE should make Ultimate Capes. 4 capes per job. Super buffed capes. Totally going to save your inventory.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 01:26:35  
I mainly play 3 jobs, THF/COR/RUN, so lots of overlap. I've begun gearing up MNK and NIN too, still lots of overlap. My wardrobes are 75/78/80/79. I don't have a single piece of MNK JSE yet, and only THF neck for Dynamis. But then I also have an enhancing magic set for THF, 11 capes, and going to make a 12th...so I get pretty situational things...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-10-27 08:46:12  
So I see where the inv problem is lol. People put all the gears in wardrobe only....
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-27 08:50:27  
Afania said: »
So I see where the inv problem is lol. People put all the gears in wardrobe only....

Gearswap is life.

Cluttered inv is hoarder status

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2018-10-27 09:12:51  
What needs to be done, and is a much better use of Dev time and resources than player event support..... Would be to get rid of the ridiculous dial up speeds.... They could add 20 more wardrobes and they'd still load quicker if the networking speeds were uncapped.

Hell, even if it got capped at say 2mbps it would be a HUGE improvement.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-27 10:13:07  
A good compromise would be to create a Job Wardrobe like function where you got 80 inventory spaces that only load when your on that specific job. You can shove all the JSE into it and because there is one for every job it would alleviate inventory issues. From SE's side it would only load when your on that job so they don't have to muck around with their network code.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-27 10:46:16  
Asura.Saevel said: »
A good compromise would be to create a Job Wardrobe like function where you got 80 inventory spaces that only load when your on that specific job. You can shove all the JSE into it and because there is one for every job it would alleviate inventory issues. From SE's side it would only load when your on that job so they don't have to muck around with their network code.

Or just make all storage act like wardrobes. That alone would be top
[+]
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2018-10-27 11:01:31  
I don't have the playtime that I used to for this game but I'd give SE another $5/month for jse wardrobes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-27 11:37:14  
Step 1: Take 1 hour to go through your bags and throw out everything you don't need. Look at and consider every single item.

Step 2: Consolidate pop items, meds, upgrade items, crafting items, and items waiting to be sold into satchel, sack, and case. If they don't fit, make a list of in-progress ***that the pops/upgrade items are for and start using them. Craft your mats. Have a fire sale of ***to be sold. This should absolutely fit in 240 slots.

Step 3: Set up Organizer, Packer, or Dressme to store your gear indiscriminately in safe, storage, locker, safe2. When you change jobs, you should be able to just run your plugin and within a few seconds your necessary gear is in wardrobes and your other gear is consolidated in safe/storage/locker/safe2. This leaves you with room for 480-640(depending on if you bought wardrobe3/4) slots for gear.

Boom, inventory is empty, job changing is a breeze, you never forget pops or meds, and you have space to spare.

disclaimer: if you're a serious crafter with hundreds of slots of mats this doesn't apply, shame on you for reaching that level without realizing you should've done it on a mule
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 11:50:58  
What the heck are the point of new weapons from Ambuscade? For non REMA options, I feel like between Oboro and Ruann T2 there are pretty accessible entry level end game weapons for pretty much any job. Alluvion Skirmish, Unity, and Delve also. Barring some wholly unique thing being offered by them this feels like an odd choice of an add.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-10-27 12:14:17  
Just wait til JSE ammo
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-10-27 12:24:19  
I feel like they'll be weapons with "Latent effect while in Legion: accuracy +50" or something along the lines for groups that don't have rema acc or such to save points to get weapons designed to help specifically for that event. But who knows reaöly.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 427 428 429