フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Fuzzydice
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-10-27 13:53:15  
That would be a shame and a waste. It needs to be worthwhile since if it has augments its not storable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-27 17:01:49  
Think Organizer is your only option on Windower, not sure as I don't follow everything that comes out. Packer is better than Dressme on Ashita.

Don't have to do it exactly how I outlined, but most space issues are really organization issues.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-10-27 18:36:31  
Organizer can't grab gear from wardrobes or store it in there, can it? The way I've ended having to do is to keep all my multi-job gear in wardrobes and use Organizer to swap out all the JSE equipment between safes and my main inventory when changing jobs.

JSE equipment along with consumables doesn't leave much room for new drops, though...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-27 20:32:16  
Could never justify spending more a month to get extra inventory space in a game with a crazy amount of rare, exclusive, and often augmentable equipment you either cannot store or go without. Wardrobes 3 & 4 should've been a quality of life update. I'm not a gear hoarder, and I use organizer to quickly switch jobs so it's a bit easier for me. However, I know if I geared up a few more jobs the game will become an inventory management simulator. I shouldn't feel uneasy with the thought of gearing all jobs to some degree.

SE's been reluctant to offer free space for years, and it could partially be anti-RMT practice to limit inventory. Problem there is, RMT only carry the minimum to do what they need, so if anything it hurts the players more. I want lockstyle gear for all my jobs .. but there's no way I'm wasting space. Not allowed to have fun. So if anything it forces some players to focus on a few jobs instead of all. When you're playing with 18 players a week this is possible. When you're a group of 6-8? Getting the right people on the needed jobs geared to the max? Jeez. You'd prefer players with as many jobs available so you can dial in the right party setup, but having little inventory discourages diversity in a game with so many options.

Sadly the only way to fix this is with some bold moves. Either they need to introduce wardrobe 5 & 6 for free, or like others suggested some kind of job specific inventory. A bag for JSE equipment would make a lot of sense. I'd also like to see a bag only for augmentable gear if it were possible (but not JSE augments). Something for equip with "All Jobs" would be another step. Better yet, and some would probably burn SE down for all the gil spent on stones .. but bringing out new gear which make some of the Reisenjima roulette wheel gear obsolete would save space.

The issue with that .. is the new gear would need to cover many different situations and they'd require a crazy amount of varied stats. And they can't make them with "paths" either, I'm sick of having to collect something to trade to someone every time I get new gear. I can't see the new Ambuscade weapons being anything special. They'll be stopgap gear, and I have no faith any of them will come close to the best we can find. It helps casual players progress easier to the endgame.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-27 20:49:22  
IF and this is a big ol IF here, but if they do some decent ambu weapons I would for more utility pieces over just stat vomit items. Best guess is they are talking about the new pattern of lvl 1 beastmen weapons. Dynamis weapons and necks were a high utility boost for a lot of jobs so I am happy for now being busy gettin and ranking those up. None of that fixes inventory issues tho so heh.
By Aerix 2018-10-28 02:31:20  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
SE's been reluctant to offer free space for years, and it could partially be anti-RMT practice to limit inventory.

PS2 limitations, duh.
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-28 10:56:44  
I wished I won the mega millions lotto. Would've funded a graphics/ui overhaul. There's a lot of things that I like and dislike about the game but the one thing that's been bothering me since I first subbed was why cant I see my belts and capes on my character.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-10-29 05:17:18  
Good campaigns next month.

I supose november is also the free week and the cheap transfer campaign month too?
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-29 05:26:15  
Wow...

x2-3 CP for three weeks.
Dark Matter for three weeks.
Ten days of Omen Card Campaign.
Ten days of Statue Crusher PLUS.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-29 05:40:39  
I demand TWO MONTHS of statue crusher plus, but I won't complain for 10 days.
That's "just" 5 runs though?
Eeeeh, hope a lot of people are gonna do it and bring the prices down.
9 mils for a bloody shard is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-29 05:49:16  
Ruaumoko said: »
Wow...

Ten days of Statue Crusher PLUS.

Looking for members! COR x18 Can I have it?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-29 06:20:24  
Asura.Sechs said: »
9 mils for a bloody shard is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Prices are already coming down from this weaker campaign. Prices will drop at least for a bit after this one.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-10-29 07:54:33  
So many good campaigns/events and im in the middle of finishing the second shield, i got no time!! :<
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-29 09:04:18  
I'm sooooo glad I didn't use any of my real vacation time on my family or anything, because these campaigns came at the most appropriate time of the year!! I'm feeling a cold coming on for ten days!!!!

Corsair Shards and Swart Detritus price should fall for a bit at least as well.

:)
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-10-29 09:18:21  
you wish it was 5 runs... lol but no, it's 3 runs, only 3 runs. math it all you want, even if you enter right on JP midnight, your 4th would still be right on JP midnight after it ends because 60h (2.5 days)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-10-29 09:25:47  
*stares in ive been soloing omen for S. Astral Detritus so this doesn't bother me*
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-29 09:29:17  
Asura.Ajirha said: »
you wish it was 5 runs... lol but no, it's 3 runs, only 3 runs. math it all you want, even if you enter right on JP midnight, your 4th would still be right on JP midnight after it ends because 60h (2.5 days)
It's actually 4 runs.

0:00 (0 days)
60:00 (2.5 days)
120:00 (5 days)
180:00 (7.5 days)

And it's 10 days, 7 hours.. so if you are right on top of timers and don't have any conflict with sleep you really could squeeze 5.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-29 09:31:00  
Asura.Ajirha said: »

Actually it would end up being 4 runs if you entered just at the moment the update launched:

Nov 20 12:00am (first run)
Nov 23 12:00pm (second run; 60 hours later)
Nov 26 12:00am third run
Nov 29 12:00pm (fourth run)
Campaign ends @ 6:59 AM on Nov. 30

edit: beat
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-29 09:32:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nov 20 12:00am (first run)
Nov 22 12:00pm (second run; actually 60 hours later)
Nov 25 12:00am (third run)
Nov 27 12:00pm (fourth run)
Nov 30 12:00 am (fifth run)

fixed that for you, holy math fail
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-29 09:35:29  
Thanks, flipped the AM + PM
By Zeota 2018-10-29 09:52:05  
Of course the good stuff happens while folks in the states are recovering from their turkey coma. Most groups tend not to do anything during that weekend anyhow.
By volkom 2018-10-29 10:16:28  
time to get pup to 99. get a ton of job points and hopefully get some sweet dm augments

[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-10-29 12:58:34  
The anti-predator domain invasion campaign doesn’t make sense. How is that a good thing? They need to make them easier to kill lowman so we can at least max out the vorseals regen and refresh. I think that’s a fair campaign for the other two bosses.
By SimonSes 2018-10-29 13:07:12  
Swart Detritus price should fall for a bit at least as well.

Why would swart price drop? you think more ppl will do Omen for cards and farm Swarts because of campaign? Highly doubt that. Peopl who farm card farm Omen no matter what, so the amount of runs wont change and afaik campaign doesnt boost Swart drop rate.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-29 13:19:45  
Asura.Baroma said: »
The anti-predator domain invasion campaign doesn’t make sense. How is that a good thing? They need to make them easier to kill lowman so we can at least max out the vorseals regen and refresh. I think that’s a fair campaign for the other two bosses.

The Anti Predator campaign means that they won't fly (and only be damaged by ranged/magic), not that they won't spawn. The other campaign means they won't spawn adds. Those campaigns are easy mode for Domain Invasion, and a prime time to get your kills in.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-29 13:43:50  
SimonSes said: »

Why would swart price drop? you think more ppl will do Omen for cards and farm Swarts because of campaign? Highly doubt that. Peopl who farm card farm Omen no matter what, so the amount of runs wont change and afaik campaign doesnt boost Swart drop rate.

There are dozens of players, every single night, who do not solo Omen cards/swarts because its either too hard for them, or they are too lazy. I know this because every day, invariably, on one of my LSs, someone will say something like "I need omen cards" or "I wish someone would set up a card farming run". Without campaigns, you hardly see shouts. On Asura during Card campaigns, there are literally card runs day and night, which means more people farming omen for cards (and swarts). Swarts [either scale up with people(?) or] are affected by TH, so it's not hard to get a ton of swarts in a run. I typically get 7-10/run as MNK with zero TH.

More people doing Card runs means more Swarts, means price should go down. Not that the price hasn't already been tanking as it is. They were 300k a few weeks ago when I started farming them from omen. By the time I finally farmed up a stack, they went down to 210k, and hit 170k this past weekend. The price definitely will go down a bit more
By SimonSes 2018-10-29 14:13:31  
SimonSes said: »

There are dozens of players, every single night, who do not solo Omen cards/swarts because its either too hard for them, or they are too lazy. I know this because every day, invariably, on one of my LSs, someone will say something like "I need omen cards" or "I wish someone would set up a card farming run". Without campaigns, you hardly see shouts. On Asura during Card campaigns, there are literally card runs day and night, which means more people farming omen for cards (and swarts). Swarts [either scale up with people(?) or] are affected by TH, so it's not hard to get a ton of swarts in a run. I typically get 7-10/run as MNK with zero TH.

More people doing Card runs means more Swarts, means price should go down. Not that the price hasn't already been tanking as it is. They were 300k a few weeks ago when I started farming them from omen. By the time I finally farmed up a stack, they went down to 210k, and hit 170k this past weekend. The price definitely will go down a bit more

If ppl will setup pug card runs, it will most likely be 6 or 12+ people and Swarts dont scale with more ppl and also most I got with TH8+ was 18 (I solo farmed 600+ so far with various jobs), but it's 10 on avg, so it will most likely be 1-2 Swarts per person. I dont think that can impact prices much.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 409 410 411