Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-09 14:13:42  
what no
[+]
By Autocast 2018-10-09 14:24:02  
Quote:
Ok I know what you mean now, basically gearing for wsd is useless since the wsd cap at whatever that Rema has.

They were simply asking if the augment, using the same text as the current weapon skill damage stat found on gear, works like the stat(did) or the hidden WS% boosts on REM weapons.

They answered it works on all hits, it's a flat 10% boost like the REM weapons hidden effects (like how death penalty has +30% leaden damage).

Question had nothing to do with the current WSD stat found on every other piece of gear currently working on every hit of a WS. They have still yet to acknowledge that issue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 14:41:59  
Autocast said: »
Question had nothing to do with the current WSD stat found on every other piece of gear currently working on every hit of a WS. They have still yet to acknowledge that issue.

Which leads me to believe this theory: They had no idea WSD didn't apply to all hits previously, and when they created this augment, they either (1) purposely went back and changed the code for all WSD stats or (2) added the augment for WSD behavior and mistakenly adjusted WSD stats on other gear.

I have a hard time believing they made a completely new WSD stat that was augment only, that was intended to operate on all hits only for REMAs, whereas normal WSD would only apply to first-hits. Seems to me that difference in logic (despite being the exact same stat) would cause a bunch of confusion with people, so I'm more inclined to believe it was #1 - they were planning to add this augment and then said "Hey, WSD is only working on one hit. Let's just make it apply to all hits, so we don't have two different Weaponskill Damage properties".

It's also possible that "Weaponskill Damage" is just one singular property that, once changed, applied to all gear reflecting "Weaponskill Damage". Then again, SE is so prone to making mistakes that it's hard to tell.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 14:49:46  
Afania said: »
Ok I know what you mean now, basically gearing for wsd is useless since the wsd cap at whatever that Rema has.

To be clear, if this gaffe(?) never happened, you could still still use WSD gear for resolution, it would have just only worked on the first hit. They changed something, now it applies for all hits, but we don't know if this was accidental or intentional, is what we are trying to convey.

So in summary:
SE created new augments on REMA weapons: <unique rema>ws damage +%
WSD from all gear started working on all ws and wsd gear, not just the weapons/ws they added the new augments for
JP player asked SE if the new REMA augments work for first hit, or all hits
SE confirmed new REMA augments apply to all hits
Outside of Bug reports, no SE employee has confirmed or denied if the WSD on all gear/ws's was intentional or accidental

Gearing for WSD right now is what's BIS for most, since it's assumed to be a bug. SE could change it back for normal ws/wsd gear, or they could leave it be, we would have to wait and see. But your comment about gearing wsd for resolution is not a leap you can make for the future, since they haven't confirmed if this is a bug that will be fixed or if its an intended change they just never mentioned. That's all we were correcting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-09 14:50:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is what you said Afania:

At least now we know that for ws attached to the rema(like reso on lionheart) we can gear for wsd now.....

The bolded is not indicated by the JP translation of what SE said. They are saying that "The WSD augment on rema weapons applies for all hits". They did not indicate that "WSD gear in general can now be used for resolution REMA ws", which is what your comment seemed to imply.

As it turns out, currently, WSD applies to all hits, for all weaponskills, but that could be a bug. If they do decide to revert those changes, what we do know will remain is the WSD augment on the weapons "applying to all hits". If/when the revert occurs, there is no indication if WSD in general will apply to REMA weapon skills. We only know that the augment part is intentional.

Let's use Mandau as an example. Mercy Stroke Dmg+20% increases Mercy Stroke's damage by 20% across every hit that it lands (aka, multihits since relic weaponskills are all a single hit).

Currently, Weaponskill damage+% on any gear works on any weaponskill the same way as the Mercy Stroke Dmg+20% on Mandau works on Mercy Stroke.

The question and the answer were asking does Mandau's specific Mercy Stroke dmg+20% augment work across all hits, and the answer was yes.

Weaponskill damage+% on any gear working on any weaponskill was not addressed by this question, nor was weaponskill damage+% on any gear working on just Mercy Stroke.

So currently it is a very likely possibility that SE *** up, as usual, spilled spaghetti all over the WSD stat as a whole while implementing this relic weaponskill specific ruleset, and the result is WSD from all gear working on all weaponskills rather than relic weaponskill specific WSD from relic weapon augments working specifically on relic weaponskills.

Hope this helps.
[+]
By Autocast 2018-10-09 14:53:14  
Entirely possibly that they didn't know.

I think, like with the phantom roll and geomancy issue, this is just a result of them using the augment as some sort of shortcut to adding +% damage to the REMA ws as opposed to boosting it the way they did with previous REM weapons.

And like their phantom roll augment, this had an effect on other items because it was probably not tested or reviewed very much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-09 14:54:53  
SE aspires to make their updates as munificent and Microsoft.
By Justuas 2018-10-26 04:50:40  
Bst buff incoming.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 05:12:24  
hopefully, but its not a damage buff.

Its about pet enmity.

A JP player complained that w/ the new requirements to upgrade/augment Aymur, he was forced to get all the pet enmity + job points in order to be mastered. He complained that he was specifically avoiding those job points because his prefered play style was NOT to get enmity on pet.

SE acknowledged this and said they would change that job point category. Not sure what they changing it to.

I hope they fix other pet enmity issues as well.
For example:

Self-targeting pet ready moves generate no enmity. Things like Zealous Snort, bubble Curtain, Scissor Guard, Infrasonics, Rhino guard, etc.

They are usually defensively buffing moves, and would be great for pet tanking on bst. however as of now they generate no enmity.

Secondly, Pet enmity gear is ineffective when using Snarl. It does not enhance the enmity transferred at all.

These last 2 issues i hope they address as well, but the first they confirmed would be addressed.
By Staleyx 2018-10-26 05:18:09  
Possibly adding rema crystals to ambuscade rewards?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-26 07:50:31  
Justuas said: »
Bst buff incoming.

The distance is too great, they are going to make it so that the master must be standing within 1 yalm of the pet to use Ready.
[+]
By Kronkeykong 2018-10-26 08:04:31  
They honestly just need to make it so BST gets flat DT wile the pet is out. Change the Job Point to 1% DT per rank. Let the BST fight with it's damn pet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 08:26:48  
So a Japanese player complained and immediately there's an update to address his concerns?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-26 08:32:05  
So a Japanese player complained and immediately there's an update to address his concerns?

Are you new?
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-10-26 08:58:21  
i don't think they'd add REMA weapon crystals to ambuscade. not just yet, anyway.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-26 09:13:59  
They should just rescind the stupid *** ranged thing, or put it at 10 or 15 yalms. Well-geared BSTs would be usable in zerg and not have to sweat AoEs like we do now. The result of the ranged thing was basically that BST is persona non grata for group content. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I saw a shout for BST, even in Ambu, where every other job pretty much has had their turn to shine.

We're still good solo and we can do pet parties so we're not *quite* as bad off as monk but I'm not particularly pleased with beastmaster right now.

Kronkeykong said: »
They honestly just need to make it so BST gets flat DT wile the pet is out. Change the Job Point to 1% DT per rank. Let the BST fight with it's damn pet.

In order for this to work they'd have to take the -Ready thing off of Charmer's Merlin and give it to us with JP instead. Which is a no-brainer. Make it the 1200 JP gift.
By Kronkeykong 2018-10-26 09:36:57  
Foxfire said: »
i don't think they'd add REMA weapon crystals to ambuscade. not just yet, anyway.

I wouldn't think so. They might add ACTUAL weapons to it though.

I could imagine an alternative to Relics/A quest involving it that give you full-time access to Relic WS's like we have for Empy and Myth WSs.

Like 1 WS a month kinda thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 09:44:22  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Are you new?

Square-Enix has replied favorably to several of my posts on the Official forums, and I'm not Japanese. Yes, sometimes there are problems with things being lost in translation, but I think this attitude is overblown.

I've worked for a Japanese company before, and I've worked at an American Company with a Japanese Branch. Alot of the work I did in both situations was interpret and facilitate communication between the 2 cultures.

Historically Japan is an isolationist culture. They didn't really want alot of interaction with other nations and cultures. Their 'closest' historical neighbor was China, and China was incredibly Isolationist as well.

The point being that they developed culturally in a very peculiar path. Most of 'translation' between English and Japanese is really retelling a story in a different language. Most things you cannot just 'translate'. They pattern of thinking, values, and organization of ideas is just very different.

So its challenging to transmit ideas across between the cultures. I would remind players of why we have a cheese sandwich in game.

I submitted the ticket (Though Falkirk tested it and generated the evidence) that got the bug fix last update for bst pets not getting all buffs from atma and vorseals. SE fixed that the very next update after I reported it to them. It was a quick response. I wish I would have submitted such a ticket back in Abyssea days.
They also changed Ram mount to Sheep mount in response to my ticket.

They also replied to my request for information about what all the jobs were for all the jug pets on beastmaster... rather promptly.

I don't know if it was a reply to my request years ago (because I stopped playing for 3 years from 2012 to 2015) but I made a thread on the official forums to make it so Beastmaster could Skillchain with their pets.

That one is a pretty significant development change, but they did it.
So the idea that SE doesn't listen to the NON-Japanese speaking audience falls flat to me.

I get annoyed because most of the 'requests' from English-speaking players are the ranting, overblown WHINING and TANTRUMS of children, rather than Thoughtful reason or suggesting.

Granted, i don't read the Japanese forums very often, so I don't know for sure, but the posts and suggestions I've read are not tantrums and whiny. The players recognize that it is Square-Enix's game. Not the players'. We are not Entitled to the game changing in whatever way we scream it should.

Yes, I agree that shortening bst commands range was not needed. I hope they change it back. I feel like its pretty silly. but I'm not gonna rage about it. The only purpose at this point is emotional self-gratification .

The japanese player made a good argument. I read his post. its pretty much what I already said.

to paraphrase:
"I like to use my pet to focus on dealing damage. I have held off from purchasing the Pet Enmity + Job points because of this. The recent change is forcing me to play a certain style. Can we change that?"

I rather expect the BST Pet Enmity + Job Point to change to Snarl Pet Enmity +.

I think that would make the most sense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 09:46:14  
Foxfire said: »

I wouldn't think so. They might add ACTUAL weapons to it though.

I could imagine an alternative to Relics/A quest involving it that give you full-time access to Relic WS's like we have for Empy and Myth WSs.

Like 1 WS a month kinda thing.

I don't know, I was just thinking more cosmetic garbage like Lost Sickle and Superman's sword, but weapons from actual Ambuscade bosses (Dullahan's shield, Frog's Stave, etc). If this is the case, Gulool Ja Ja has a pretty neat looking beastmen sword and caveman axe I want for my collection.
By volkom 2018-10-26 10:16:51  
I'd like to see more weaponskill quests. Like the ones that are tied specifically to certain weapons or npc's~

like glory slash or uriel blade but can be used w/o having the weapon.
By Kronkeykong 2018-10-26 10:22:34  
volkom said: »
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-26 10:27:09  
volkom said: »

i would like this very much
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 10:49:21  
Well i would just like the MAcc and duration of Feral Howl to be the equal of terror from a Dragon. :P
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-26 10:53:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Well i would just like the MAcc and duration of Feral Howl to be the equal of terror from a Dragon. :P

what's more terrifying, a ~25' tall and 45' long dragon, or a creep in a purple fur suit
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-26 10:58:11  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

what's more terrifying, a ~25' tall and 45' long dragon, or a creep in a purple fur suit

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 11:35:01  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

As long as we're playing "I wish", may as well throw it out there.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-26 11:54:39  
I've always wanted to be able to perma unlock merit WSs with CP, but I'll take an alternate Ambu method as well.

Relic augment items would make sense though, 200mil to upgrade to lvl15 right now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-26 13:11:58  
"You can permanently unlock Relic and Merit WS by making a Relic and Aeonic weapon and equipping it"

-SE
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 422 423 424