New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 422 423 424
By SimonSes 2018-10-07 01:02:30  
Afania said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
It looks like a JP player asked if the new REMA augment WSD affected all hits of the WS, and SE is responding to that question.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still didn't realize all weapons were affected..

Even if the original intention was wsd change only applies to rema, it's still a pretty big change since entire rema and ws hierarchy is different now.

Also holy *** @lionheart. Why did they even do that >.> I just feel it wasn't planned well even if it's intentional.

I think what Orestes is saying is that wsd augments on rema suppose to work for all hits which is expected, not that wsd from different sources than augment should work for all hits on rema WSes.
By Vishwambhari 2018-10-07 07:12:08  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/19527-?p=609990#post609990

こんにちは。

レリック/ミシック/エンピリアン/イオニック/エルゴンウェポンについている、
各ウェポンスキルのダメージ+は、全段に適応されます!

Hello.

Relic / Mic / Empirian / Ionic / About Ergon Weapon,
Damage + of each weapon skill is applied to all stages!

So the WSD was intentional and will stay here. i wanted to be sure before start spend gil on the upgrades!
That's one flawed conclusion.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-07 09:05:05  
Ruaumoko said: »
Oh wow, that's kinda rendered Argosy a little moot.

Still has it's uses but man.

Legs and Hands still good because Jesus STR/DEX/Acc/Atk levels. People would need insane augments to unseat those two.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-07 11:18:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Oh wow, that's kinda rendered Argosy a little moot.

Still has it's uses but man.

Legs and Hands still good because Jesus STR/DEX/Acc/Atk levels. People would need insane augments to unseat those two.

All the more reason for people to blow all their cash at the Oseem Roulette Table.
By Teuphist 2018-10-07 12:04:14  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
All the more reason for people to blow all their cash at the Oseem Roulette Table.

Could just save your gil and farm. Bucklers from Sparks NPC converts into many stones.
By SimonSes 2018-10-07 12:18:09  
Teuphist said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »

Could just save your gil and farm. Bucklers from Sparks NPC converts into many stones.

Usually when you farm and not buy you still techbically lose same amount of gils because you could sell what you farmed and have this gils for something else but i dont think it can apply here, because the amount of stones that you can realiatically sell is pretty limited.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-07 13:25:18  
I think the only Weaponskill this affects for Axe would be Ruinator. not much help for my poor bst ;.;
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-07 13:37:25  
Decimation gets a pretty strong boost, but it still wouldn't likely exceed Mistral with Tri-Edge.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-10-08 23:24:42  
That dev post completely ignored the real question.

All it said is that the WSD AUGMENTS on the REMA weapons apply to all hits of that WS. It says nothing about GEAR WSD, whether for the mythic/relic/empy weaponskills or otherwise.

We still have no idea if the WSD bug was intentional or not.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-08 23:34:35  
Don't think the JP question had anything to do with gear, so technically it wasn't ignoring anything
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-08 23:38:31  
At least now we know that for ws attached to the rema(like reso on lionheart) we can gear for wsd now.....

That makes our life 30% easier >.>
By oyama 2018-10-08 23:55:19  
Well, assuming they do a fix so it's only the REMA augs that work that way and regular gear WSD stops working, it won't change gearsets, will just mean the augments are more worth getting than they would have been otherwise.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-08 23:57:15  
At least now we know that for ws attached to the rema(like reso on lionheart) we can gear for wsd now.....

it doesn't say that either lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-09 00:38:29  
Really looking more and more like a ***. In trying to make the augment on REMA apply to every hit of a weaponskill, they spilled spaghetti all over everything else.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-09 01:30:41  
I think they wanted to make the Specific REMA WS boost work the same way as the similar (hidden) boost worked on Relic and Mythic weapons.

But they made it tied up to an augment that only works on MH if it's a 1H weapon, and while tryin to fix that they unwillingly broke how WSD (on gear, and other non-rema sources) works.

That was my take on what happened, but of course we'll have to wait the october patch notes to know it.
Actually it's likely we'll have to wait until someone tests it after the patch is out because probably they won't mention anything related to that in the patch notes =/
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 02:29:32  
Yeah just to make it clear, because ppl are seriously confused.

1. WSD currently works for all hits on both REMA and non REMA weapon skills.
2. SE confirmed, that AUGMENT weapon skill damage on REMA weapons is intentionally working on all hits. So for example Resolution +10% damage on Lionheart is intentionally working for all hits on Resolution
3. SE haven't confirmed, that other WSD sources intentionally work for all hits on ANY weapon skill. Doesn't matter if REMA weapon skill or not.
4. My bug report is currently still in "Accepted bugs" section of the forum. Moving reports to that part of the forum only means that report was made properly and they will investigate it. It doesn't mean that they acknowledged it as a bug.

Personally I have the same theory as Sechs. They couldn't or didn't want to give specific weapon skill damage on REMA upgrade as hidden effect like it was till now and came up with doing it as augment, but in the same process to make those augment work for all hits, they made other WSD sources work for all hits.

I kinda disagree with the "unwillingly" part of Sechs theory tho. They couldn't really make it by mistake. Just think about it. They made augment first, then noticed it doesn't work for all hits, so they found the code that was responsible for that and changed it. I don't believe they are that stupid to not be aware of the fact that existing WSD code was also working for existing WSD gear, so they must have been aware that they would change WSD for all sources.
What I think happened is that some programmer got job to do and he somehow failed to communicate to "balance" team what will happen with WSD from other sources in the process of making new augments to work as designed. So people working with code might be aware, but people taking care of design and balance might not.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-09 06:49:05  
SimonSes said: »
I don't believe they are that stupid to not be aware of the fact that existing WSD code was also working for existing WSD gear, so they must have been aware that they would change WSD for all sources.

You give them far too much credit. They'v made Sneak Attacks work from the front, cure's do 9999 damage to undead and Geomancy / Roll effects simply not work. It's far more likely they made a mistake then they actually did this on purpose.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-09 07:44:57  
Siren.Kyte said: »

it doesn't say that either lol

They did if I understand that JP post correctly.
By Nariont 2018-10-09 08:04:45  
Its simply saying the specific augment works for all hits, not wsd.
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 08:13:16  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I don't believe they are that stupid to not be aware of the fact that existing WSD code was also working for existing WSD gear, so they must have been aware that they would change WSD for all sources.

You give them far too much credit. They'v made Sneak Attacks work from the front, cure's do 9999 damage to undead and Geomancy / Roll effects simply not work. It's far more likely they made a mistake then they actually did this on purpose.

I mean, I just try to follow the logic here. If they needed to change how WSD worked in order to make augments work for all hits, then they must have known that the code they are changing will affect the things that use it.

They did if I understand that JP post correctly.

You misunderstood it Afania. What they mean is specific WSD augments on those weapons (REMA) are intended to work for all hits. Not that REMA weapon skill are intended to be boosted by WSD on all hits. They are specifically saying about new augments in thread dedicated to REMA upgrades.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-09 08:18:32  
Guys! I heard WSD works on auto-attacks now!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-09 08:30:58  
I mean, I just try to follow the logic here. If they needed to change how WSD worked in order to make augments work for all hits, then they must have known that the code they are changing will affect the things that use it.

No they wouldn't of. The developers who worked on this are likely not the developers who wrote the battle code. They would be going off whatever documentation they had and hoping they were changing the correct snippets. It would of gone through a round of QA testing to verify their changes took effect and didn't break anything immediately noticeable. Then they would of certified the release and it would of been scheduled for deployment.

It's hard enough changing core code in modern programs without causing unintended side effects, FFXI was written awhile back when coding practices were still very much wild wild west.

So which of the two is more likely,

While attempting to implement new combat features they unintentionally changed the battle code such that WSD is now being applied to all hits on all WS's.

Or

They fixed a bug and the release manager / development lead forgot to mention it in the release notes or during the project meeting.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-10-09 09:07:33  
Well it was nice being a normal DPS for once on MNK. Back to war i go.

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-09 09:18:18  
The boost was even greater on other jobs.
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-09 10:47:12  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Guys! I heard WSD works on auto-attacks now!
be funny if it worked on spells too
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-09 11:08:52  
You misunderstood it Afania. What they mean is specific WSD augments on those weapons (REMA) are intended to work for all hits. Not that REMA weapon skill are intended to be boosted by WSD on all hits. They are specifically saying about new augments in thread dedicated to REMA upgrades.

Yeah, that's how I understand it too, that's why I said this:

At least now we know that for ws attached to the rema(like reso on lionheart)

But not "reso on raetic" nor "reso on ragnarok" something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-09 11:13:20  
This is what you said Afania:

The bolded is not indicated by the JP translation of what SE said. They are saying that "The WSD augment on rema weapons applies for all hits". They did not indicate that "WSD gear in general can now be used for resolution REMA ws", which is what your comment seemed to imply.

As it turns out, currently, WSD applies to all hits, for all weaponskills, but that could be a bug. If they do decide to revert those changes, what we do know will remain is the WSD augment on the weapons "applying to all hits". If/when the revert occurs, there is no indication if WSD in general will apply to REMA weapon skills. We only know that the augment part is intentional.
By benitez 2018-10-09 13:24:06  
Why do they continue to do the "Campaigns" only to the end of the month, and then have a week of vanilla till the monthly update goes in?
By Foxfire 2018-10-09 13:42:50  
benitez said: »
Why do they continue to do the "Campaigns" only to the end of the month, and then have a week of vanilla till the monthly update goes in?
to give you some sense of urgency in making the most of your time.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-09 14:07:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is what you said Afania:

The bolded is not indicated by the JP translation of what SE said. They are saying that "The WSD augment on rema weapons applies for all hits". They did not indicate that "WSD gear in general can now be used for resolution REMA ws", which is what your comment seemed to imply.

As it turns out, currently, WSD applies to all hits, for all weaponskills, but that could be a bug. If they do decide to revert those changes, what we do know will remain is the WSD augment on the weapons "applying to all hits". If/when the revert occurs, there is no indication if WSD in general will apply to REMA weapon skills. We only know that the augment part is intentional.

Ok I know what you mean now, basically gearing for wsd is useless since the wsd cap at whatever that Rema has.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 422 423 424