言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 427 428 429
By Foxfire 2018-06-21 08:19:31  
the plus campaign also helps compensate because you can bazaar/sell the shards/voids vs. cards being r/e.

the market gets flooded with cards, helping expedite the process of completing relic bits

(at the expense of delve materials tripling in price)
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 08:22:03  
That would be accurate.

Except that pieces are not equal.

100 pup hands won't buy you a single cor hands.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-21 08:24:49  
A strong group of 6-8 gets ~1.5 medals per person per run. A finished piece of relic needs 24 medals, or about 16 runs/32 hours.

Omen varies by slot but averages about 48 cards needed, so about 12 runs / 7 hours.

That's a pretty big difference, but when you add in that you're also getting 1-2 shards per person per run and consider trade/sell, the reward rates come out to almost identical. From SE's viewpoint, it is probably balanced for these reasons.

However, the biggest problems in reality that stop it from feeling that way:

-Low population servers especially, you cannot easily translate shards>gil>other shards, or even trade shards. There's no guarantee shards exist for the slot you want at the time you want them.

-Groups run with 18 and split loot accordingly. You can clear the whole zone without megaboss with 6-8 pretty reliably. That means you're getting almost the same amount of loot as a stronger small group and splitting it 2-3x as many ways.

-Most Volte is underwhelming or looked at as unattainable. In omen, the supplementary drops are relatively common and many of them are highly desirable. There are some pieces of Volte that are super nice for certain situations, but they don't have the massive appeal of pieces such as Iskur Gorget, Utu Grip, etc. Furthermore, there is no looming chance at bodies.
By Foxfire 2018-06-21 08:25:08  
cor hands suck anyway!!

but my point is that during, say, san d'oria's bonus week
you'll see a huge influx or cor/thf bits because everyone's running COR for sand'oria, and similar

idk I'm not saying i completed all my relic gear thanks to that campaign but i did make 3+ pieces, which is more than I'd be able to make otherwise at any other given month
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 08:33:47  
The problem (the underlying problem for most of ffxi)

Is no one gives a -***- about anything that isn't COR (relic pieces) SMN or GEO. *yeah a couple people are like "yay warrior stuffzomg"

When balance is this bad for this long it makes everything worse the longer you let it go.

***gets unbalanced, we run with it for a bit, it gets reined in and then we care about stuff for the new FOTM jobs.... this doesn't happen anymore. Everything they make for 20/22 jobs doesn't matter to anyone. it's unsustainable.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 08:40:07  
Foxfire said: »
the market gets flooded with cards, helping expedite the process of completing relic bits
I tried to leave the sellable aspect of shards/voids out of the picture, but of course it's a very relevant factor.

Prices dropped to garbage for a couple of jobs/slots, but for the others, while greatly reduced, they're still pretty high at the moment.

I know I'm particularly cheap, more than others in here, but when you have to pay >6 mils in mats for the +2 and +3 upgrades, also having to pay ~20 more mils for shards/voids becomes quite expensive when you have multiple jobs and multiple pieces you want to obtain.

From my very humble opinion the Dynamis system is better only for people who are very wealthy. For them price is not particularly relevant, and they can get the piece they want in a few hours (provided there's mats on AH/Bazaar), but it's inferior for everybody else.
The Omen system was more... homogeneous? It made no distinction, it was the same wether you were poor or rich.
Better or worse as that may be, I liked the "steady progress" feeling, even if very slow, more than the random chance/lots of gil component of Dynamis Divergence.

I have no intention at all to bash on Divergence as an event overall btw, I actually enjoy it a lot, way more than I expected I would do. I'm talking specifically about the upgrade route SE chose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 09:23:24  
Two hours in Dynamis? I'd rather them cut the re-entry time to 20 hours and just make it more accessible. The fact that they are planning on adding another wave confirms they are adding a time-sinking mechanic that will probably take 6-12 months to complete for DREAM weapons
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 09:33:46  
I would have preferred dynamis more often but for no longer than 1.5hrs myself honestly, but it would've been complicated to handle the new wave that way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 09:48:51  
That new wave idea actually doesn't even fall in line with the original dynamis lore. Hydra corps were part of Outlands/Dreamlands, not the original zones, correct? IMHO This is the lazy approach to add another "Wave" where people will get, what, 15-30 minutes to farm lvl 135~ monsters for 1-2 drops for one person's RMEA? That ***sounds pathetic.

It needs to be reduced entry timer. On the other hand, they could have just opened up additional zones in other areas and added this function and rmea mat mechanic, this way, parties could choose between farming relic equipment from starter 4 zones or rmea materials from xarc/beauc. I just hate when they tack on ***to pre-existing ***and make people have to choose what to do. It's a deliberate time-stealing maneuver, just like Omen Ou path is (which steals everyone's KI). Their delivery just adds more lame to previous lame. Tying these all together is silly because it wastes a 60 hour tag to focus on one goal. I'm still in favor of them making all of the zones operate on a separate, 60-hour timer. In that way, you can do every zone and restart the first one in a daily rotation.

Hope I'm suuper wrong on the direction they are going with this.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 09:57:26  
Well don't worry they won't be the Hydra Corps, they're the Volte Corps.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-06-21 10:06:36  
Where are people getting that wave 3 will drop REMA upgrade mats?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 10:10:14  
Ragnarok.Alihasan said: »
Where are people getting that wave 3 will drop REMA upgrade mats?
We don't even know if there will be REMA upgrade mats.
SE mentioned the possibility, it's not certainty.

What we know for sure they will drop is new ingredients used to craft the new weapons that require Shield to be crafted.

Other than that, who knows.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 10:23:36  
In theory, they will drop "item" said item will be part of "new weapon"

REMA upgrades (if/when) will be unrelated

((50,000 PBR for next upgrade))
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 10:26:25  
Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for early July.

July will bring along with it Wave 3 for all Dynamis – Divergence areas.
Other additions include new synthesis recipes for those in possession of aurum tome key items and the monthly updates to Ambuscade.

Ask yourself why is a "Key Item" being added for these new "recipes"? Sounds like some new quest Aurix (aurum...) gives. Also looks like it's more than one key item, perhaps one per zone (or weapon?). It's just a guess, but since they've talked about RMEA upgrades in the past, have talked about Time Extension #2 in dynamis, and now a new wave comes out...Just kinda putting it together for conjecture.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 10:27:41  
No "new" key item.

The new synths require the current shield key item

Agentum Tome is KI for incomplete Shields

Aurum Tome is the KI for completed Shields
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 10:30:43  
Oh I read that wrong. Carry on. Might be Dynamis weapons.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 10:32:30  
So yes, people who made the final stage shields are about to make a *** TON of money, because literally no one else can compete.

(assuming the weapons are good) aka; only the sword

Don't be the idiot that buys the first one, or the second one. Or the third one.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-06-21 10:33:55  
DREAM weapons lol
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 10:50:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So yes, people who made the final stage shields are about to make a *** TON of money, because literally no one else can compete.

Don't be the idiot that buys the first one, or the second one. Or the third one.
But I want my shiny!
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-06-21 10:51:39  
I wonder if the H2H will be good!? excitement!
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-06-21 11:08:42  
Hold up... there was LORE behind old Dynamis?

I thought the storyline was:
"Hey my dudes, my name is Seffyroth McSponsor. For the next while I'll be supplying the hourglasses for our runs! Now all I need is everyone to be overjoyed to spend 3 hours a night, twice a week in Dynamis San d'Oria for the forseeable future while I build a Guttler. It thirsts for blood, I thirst for your slavery. Enjoy your MNK feet. Now before you get too upset, we will run other zones sometimes. Some say a frozen tundra leads to THF Hands or a feathery RDM Hat."
Throw in an epic battle scene in which Dynamis Lord is too stunned to move, along with some Ring/Cape drama, and you pretty much have ye olde storyline
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-06-21 11:12:00  
the MADRE weapons.

because they're motherfucking expensive.
wew
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-06-21 11:12:28  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I wonder if the H2H will be good!? excitement!
Devilhands
(Hand-to-hand)All Races
DMG:+290 Delay:+51 STR+70 DEX+70 VIT+70
Magic Damage +207
Hand-to-Hand skill +305
Guarding skill +305
Magic Accuracy skiIl +269
Weaponskill damage +50%
"Howling Fist"
Aftermath: Weaponskill damage +300% across all hits
Lv.99 PUP
<Item Level:119>
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-21 11:13:07  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »

"Hey my dudes, my name is Seffyroth McSponsor. For the next while I'll be supplying the hourglasses for our runs! Now all I need is everyone to be overjoyed to spend 3 hours a night, twice a week in Dynamis San d'Oria for the forseeable future while I build a Guttler. It thirsts for blood, I thirst for your slavery. Enjoy your MNK feet. Now before you get too upset, we will run other zones sometimes. Some say a frozen tundra leads to THF Hands or a feathery RDM Hat."
Throw in an epic battle scene in which Dynamis Lord is too stunned to move, along with some Ring/Cape drama, and you pretty much have ye olde storyline

This. Only difference for us was his name being Doshu and he was building gun.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 11:21:07  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Lmao I am crying real tears right now. LS was "MysticKnights", but everything else was the same. 10/10, gonna read again in an hour.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 11:40:12  
Those were dark days, I still can't believe you guys fell for that ***, for years.

I did dienamis maybe a handful of times back then as one of the slaves. 0/10 was not worth.

But as a sponsor... 11/10. How people were that foolish is beyond me.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 12:03:49  
I think it's pretty understandable instead. Isn't it obvious?
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-06-21 12:14:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

They are going to have to do something about shields are they not? Taking woodworking for example. Lets assume its needed for the sch and blm weapons. How many servers even have WW shields on them? Are they going to make it literally impossible for sch and blm on the servers that don't have a WW shield to complete a weapon? I totally get that they want to keep these things rare, especially now that people are burning through an aeonic in a weekend. But rare is one thing and impossible is another. It feels like shield requirements would need to be lowered.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 12:16:49  
Plot twist: Wave 3 requires new weapons to effectively clear due to enemy ilvl being so absurdly high. Mats for new weapons drop from wave 3. Enjoy the slow crawl back to the top!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-21 12:21:24  
Plot twist: new weapons are trash and wave 3 is easy for people who know how to pay attention like all content in this game
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 427 428 429