Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 04:19:50  
Pretty clear something more than what they said they're doing is going on.

#tinfoilhat
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-06-11 04:22:44  
Someone probly put the statue under the 10 pts category, and now they are having a karate battle to fix it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2018-06-11 04:26:32  
1 hour maint extension

so now have to wait another 34 mins
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 04:26:38  
Quote:
The ongoing All Worlds maintenance is scheduled to end later than anticipated, on Jun. 11, 2018 at 3:00 (PDT).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Jun. 10, 2018 22:00 to Jun. 11, 2018 3:00 (PDT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-11 04:29:46  
My initial thought when I tried to log in after the time I knew to be when I should be able to was: Maybe I should check a news site and see if a volcano, earthquake, tsunami, Godzilla, or another nuclear meltdown is affecting Japan right now and they have more important things to worry about than getting the servers back online at the correct time. Thanks for posting happier news (unless you're a fan of Godzilla).
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-06-11 04:29:50  
Me too xS I am waiting to get online!
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-11 04:33:18  
Even if we keep refreshing the log in screen every 30 seconds, we'll still log in to a 30 minute wait to get into an Ambuscade because "balance".
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-06-11 04:36:31  
Glad I'm not the only one sitting here waiting.

Wonder what they're ninja doing <,<
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 05:03:10  
Woah. Guildwork shout on POINT. They're never back on that fast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 05:13:19  
DirectX said: »
inb4 ban wave. I saw two new anon multibox groups appear over the weekend on Asura. They don't reply to tells so probably Chinese.

Not yet. soon™

You should see them hiding out in cirdas, yahse was too visible so they went to a more obscure place.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 03:39:43  
Quote:
July will bring along with it Wave 3 for all Dynamis – Divergence areas.

"Wave 3"

That face when "big july update" is just more dienamis.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-06-21 03:47:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:

"Wave 3"
What does it mean
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 03:53:47  
Looks like Hydra Corps

Probably the additional 30 minute extension with them dropping "item of bullshittery" for "new weapon"
Quote:
new synthesis recipes for those in possession of aurum tome key items
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-21 04:06:30  
Justuas said: »
Quote:

"Wave 3"
What does it mean

When you enter it's Wave 1.

When you clear statue midboss you spawn Wave 2.

When you clear Mega Boss you'll get Wave 3.

So now we all need to figure out ways to efficiently clear mega bosses, potentially to be able to get mats for new REMA-quality gear or to upgrade REMA's.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-06-21 05:14:46  
...This'll be interesting.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 05:48:34  
Not sure I'm happy about having to spend 2 hours in there, but let's see how this plays out.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 05:54:02  
Hope they gonna add something to the megaboss drop pool because otherwise that's gonna be a huge waste of time.

It's also gonna be a pain for people who still need to get clearance on some jobs but I guess by now most of us are done on most of their jobs.
I know out of my 10 jobs I only need a few in each zone to be completely unlocked, so no big deal.
By Staleyx 2018-06-21 05:58:05  
If they make whatever item able to be bought traded the botted shield owners will be rolling in gil even more so. I say bring it on, lets get crazy.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-21 05:59:33  
I was away for the first few months of Dynamis-D being out and haven't touched any mega bosses (was always told they're way too hard and not to bother). How much testing has been done on them? Any testing done in regards to if killing either the associated job NM's or just more of the NM's pre-mega boss weakens them?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 06:00:13  
I sort of doubt MB has anything to do with it.

That would be uncharacteristic of Square.

It would be unrealistic to have to kill the megaboss every time and then fight even harder mobs. I feel like they would get even more backlash on it. Now is the worst possible time for even more player anger.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2018-06-21 06:07:31  
On man it was kind of ironic last night I was having a conversation with my event ls that there wasn't an incentive to kill the megaboss in each zone. Then SE pulls a fast one like this. Its as if they heard us lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 06:26:36  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I was away for the first few months of Dynamis-D being out and haven't touched any mega bosses (was always told they're way too hard and not to bother). How much testing has been done on them? Any testing done in regards to if killing either the associated job NM's or just more of the NM's pre-mega boss weakens them?
I wouldn't really say they're that hard?

Annoying, require a good group for sure and really strict strategies, don't expect to beat most of them with a PUG, except the Windy one maybe.

They drop something in personal pool the first time you beat them, after that they drop ***, kinda. Not worth the time they require to be killed, until now.
I hope that, other than unlocking wave 3, they gonna increase the drops on them.

Like giving megabosses a slightly (I said SLIGHTLY) higher chance to drop Volte stuff from the zone, could be nice.

Thinking back in hindsight, I still think they should do something about the droprate of normal shards/void items.
I don't wanna sound like a whining lil' *** but it's too low even when you factor the week bonus.
I mean we ended up being capped on body shards/voids and we're nowhere close to that when it comes to the other slots.
I myself have a plethora of body shards/void for instance, but really spare shard/voids for the other slots.

I'm not saying they should make them 100% (50%) like body drops, that would be insane. But something better than the current drop rate please?
Granted the fact that you can sell them on AH truly made this way less tedious, but I still think drop rates are not well balanced atm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 06:37:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
not well balanced

This sums up all of ffxi, so, working as intended

Remember when they at least tried, I remember.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-21 06:54:53  
Squeezing more out of garbage content. Neat.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-21 07:53:03  
Drop rates are in line with omen cards. Incredibly tedious outside campaign, easy-peasy inside.
By Foxfire 2018-06-21 08:01:20  
Quote:

"Wave 3"

That face when "big july update" is just more dienamis.
it's all we've been expecting
how are you disappointed
you knew this was happening

i, for one, am waiting to see if the current mega boss is the gate for wave 3
if so, lol for a lot of pugs trying to get the new ***
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 08:08:30  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Drop rates are in line with omen cards. Incredibly tedious outside campaign, easy-peasy inside.
I beg to disagree, respectfully.

Cards are a steady but sorta guaranteed progress.
You go from the 3-4 per run of default mode to the ~9 of normal campaign and 12-13 of PLUS campaign.
That's a big increase! If you spam Omen during the Plus campaign is really easy to get done. Without that it's much slower (like 3 months to cap on a job?) but still, it's steady progress.

Shards/Voids are just random, most of the time you won't se a single shard/void drop for multiple runs in the same town, and that goes even during the normal campaign with weekly bonus.
Now the PLUS campaign guarantees some sort of personal loot drop from statues, I've seen a few spare shard/void items that weren't body, but really just a few, in a month of campaign.

Now of course there's the huge difference that you can compensate with buying shards/voids. Cards couldn't be bought at all, farming was the ONLY possible way.
Here you basically have 2 approaches: you farm (and it's gonna be much more frustrating than Omen Cards simply because it will be random without steady progress) or you buy them with gil.
Method one is imho much slower and more frustrating than Omen Cards.
Method two is of course much much faster (but it also requires a lot of gil alas, and sadly not all players have virtually infinite source of gil or time to get it)

Different pros/cons of course. I'm scared I'm about to say it given how much I criticized the Omen system back then, but personally between these 2 methods and their different pros/cons, I totally prefer the Omen one.
It was slow, but feeling small progress made with every run was way less frustrating, for me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 08:14:22  
Progress, no matter how small, is vital. It's always the better option.

Chance, is always terrible. But addicting. The thrill.

This is why Oseem is garbage, skirmish is garbage and infailsion is garbge. And why abj gear is reasonable.

You get the THRILL! of, "Oh my god, a corsair, I hope it drops a cor feet!" instead of "oh, another card, well 200 more to go"
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 409 410 411