users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 422 423 424
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-06 12:10:57  
If by "fixed" you mean that instead of it dropping from the actual content it comes from after hundreds of runs, it was added to a lottery instead so you can do hundreds of orbs for random chance at the same drop, then yeah, it's "fixed"
By Serjero 2022-12-06 12:24:27  
Fixed as in they went from being made of pure unobtainium to being mixed with Gachaminium alloy. Not saying it's an ideal fix but I've certainly seen more Crep items around since they were added to trove than I ever did doing the actual BCNM or talking to people that spammed the BCNM non stop. Still gotta get lucky but now you can be lucky without the hassle of fighting a dragon-god.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-06 12:28:38  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
If by "fixed" you mean that instead of it dropping from the actual content it comes from after hundreds of runs, it was added to a lottery instead so you can do hundreds of orbs for random chance at the same drop, then yeah, it's "fixed"

HTBC's are just gambling machines anyway with their abysmal drop rates. Artificial scarcity to keep players chasing a dream.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-06 12:48:11  
Serjero said: »
Still gotta get lucky but now you can be lucky without the hassle of fighting a dragon-god.

Shinryu isn't difficult at all. It dies in 1:30 min clear with like a party of 3 or 4. I could even solo it on VD in under 14 minutes. I had no problem doing that fight dozens of times if the drop rates were like Lilith or Odin fights. It took me a long time to go 5/5 malignance or get the crown from Cait Sith fight, but Shinryu is on another level of ridiculous. Even during Brew glitch, I burned almost 20m cruor (and I didn't calculate the amount of fights, but it was over 130 in 2 months of glitch) and got nothing. That tells you right there the problem has nothing to do with the fight and everything to do with the poor drop distribution. I would rather not have to "be lucky" to get a good item. Would much prefer just beating it consistently with a fair chance. The fight is not even worth attempting

Putting those items behind a guessing game in where completely random players are rewarded for simply guessing properly is not a fix that addresses any real problem. I am glad more players get a chance at the items, but it's not a fix, just a workaround to not fix the real problem. Same exact logic behind why Bonanza weapons are so maddeningly frustrating. Putting stuff behind a complete lottery doesn't fix anything, it just hooks you in further. But grats if Trove got you the items so you can completely bypass the fight entirely. Kind of makes you wonder why even bother making the fight if the items drop more frequently in trove.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-06 12:57:27  
Serjero said: »
Still gotta get lucky but now you can be lucky without the hassle of fighting a dragon-god.

Shinryu isn't difficult at all. It dies in 1:30 min clear with like a party of 3 or 4. I could even solo it on VD in under 14 minutes. I had no problem doing that fight dozens of times if the drop rates were like Lilith or Odin fights. It took me a long time to go 5/5 malignance or get the crown from Cait Sith fight, but Shinryu is on another level of ridiculous. Even during Brew glitch, I burned almost 20m cruor (and I didn't calculate the amount of fights, but it was over 130 in 2 months of glitch) and got nothing. That tells you right there the problem has nothing to do with the fight and everything to do with the poor drop distribution. I would rather not have to "be lucky" to get a good item. Would much prefer just beating it consistently with a fair chance. The fight is not even worth attempting

Putting those items behind a guessing game in where completely random players are rewarded for simply guessing properly is not a fix that addresses any real problem. I am glad more players get a chance at the items, but it's not a fix, just a workaround to not fix the real problem. Same exact logic behind why Bonanza weapons are so maddeningly frustrating. Putting stuff behind a complete lottery doesn't fix anything, it just hooks you in further. But grats if Trove got you the items so you can completely bypass the fight entirely. Kind of makes you wonder why even bother making the fight if the items drop more frequently in trove.

The *fight* is 2~3 min (including zoneing in and buffing) with a 15~30 minute wait between exiting, getting KI, then waiting inline again. Multiply that by hundreds and we see the problem.

At least Sortie and Odyssea reward people with points for effort instead of pulling a pachinko lever.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-06 13:09:24  
Are you guys on drugs?
Shinryu is perfectly fine!
SE said it!
Serjero said it!

Perfectly fine, duh!
Stop whining.
Also my penis is way longer and harder than all yours put together.
[+]
By Serjero 2022-12-06 14:35:46  
But grats if Trove got you the items so you can completely bypass the fight entirely. Kind of makes you wonder why even bother making the fight if the items drop more frequently in trove.

Oh 100%. It's dumb in the same dumb way I've seen more Omen bodies out of Trove than I've seen from Omen. It's dumb for the same reason that +2 Earrings in sortie are dumb. Low % lottery level drops are awful design and it's really jarring when compared to how they did Ody gear/augments and Empy +3 gear (starstone drop rate is borderline).
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-12-06 14:57:15  
fillerbunny9 said: »

the fight is still as broken as it has been, with non-Pebble/Ring/Earring drops being abysmally low drop rate. if they released numbers that said more Shinryu weapons/armor had dropped from AMAN than the NM itself, I would not be surprised.

Out of 357 orbs since the TROVE update I have gotten 4x Crepuscular drops (2x Cloak; 2x Knife)

Out of 750 VD Shinryu kills, I've gotten 11 drops (4x Scythe; 4x Mail; 2x Helm; 1x Cloak).

Obviously, this isn't a ton of data but it's disheartening. And given that multitudes more do TROVE vs. Shinryu, I think it's safe to assume the majority of Crepuscular gear in existence came from TROVE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-06 15:36:50  
I agree, they should put the Bonanza Weapons in AMAN Trove
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-12-06 15:46:30  
if they released numbers that said more Shinryu weapons/armor had dropped from AMAN than the NM itself, I would not be surprised.

Quite the opposite, I would be shocked if AMAN wasn't substantially higher than the actual fight. Same goes for Omen bodies and Tartarus Platemail (the direct drop from Plouton, not the Leafalia 5x boss KI trade-in).

Honestly, the Leafalia Vagary item trade-in wouldn't be the worst model to repeat for Omen in particular - especially now that AMAN Loud Thud pool has been watered down even more. Add new temporary KIs to the Omen bosses (5 + Ou), trade them all for 1 guaranteed boss drop excluding bodies, or let the game pick randomly and add bodies to the pool at a rate similar to the Vagary version.

Of course, it's still dumb that random lotteries are more likely to get the drop than the actual content. But if they aren't going to adjust the actual drop rates, more ways to get this stuff is better than nothing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-06 15:55:13  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Why stop there, throw all of the Sortie +2 earrings in Trove as well. They obviously want to give good drops to any and everybody through random chance vs actually doing the content.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-06 16:08:55  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
if they released numbers that said more Shinryu weapons/armor had dropped from AMAN than the NM itself, I would not be surprised.

Quite the opposite, I would be shocked if AMAN wasn't substantially higher than the actual fight. Same goes for Omen bodies and Tartarus Platemail (the direct drop from Plouton, not the Leafalia 5x boss KI trade-in).

Honestly, the Leafalia Vagary item trade-in wouldn't be the worst model to repeat for Omen in particular - especially now that AMAN Loud Thud pool has been watered down even more. Add new temporary KIs to the Omen bosses (5 + Ou), trade them all for 1 guaranteed boss drop excluding bodies, or let the game pick randomly and add bodies to the pool at a rate similar to the Vagary version.

Of course, it's still dumb that random lotteries are more likely to get the drop than the actual content. But if they aren't going to adjust the actual drop rates, more ways to get this stuff is better than nothing.

Before SE made them rain from NQ mob in Omen, I always hoped for an RoE style quest of "trade 50 Kei Scales for a Shamash Robe" for each of the lesser bodies.

Alas- apparently certain things are best for grinding, and others for complete lottery? Make up ya mind, SE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-06 19:52:11  

Why stop there, throw all of the Sortie +2 earrings in Trove as well. They obviously want to give good drops to any and everybody through random chance vs actually doing the content.

Buy all the mules! Increase those profits!
By Seun 2022-12-07 00:03:16  

It's actually more profitable to just buy orbs and sell the drops you don't want/need. Why spend real money on mules when you can throw zimbabwe'diel dollars at it?

Merits are on demand and orbs/vouchers are not. The solution to not having Shinryu drops is to run more Shinryu. The more stuff they pile onto Trove, the more rare these drops become anyway.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-07 05:55:05  
KujahFoxfire said: »
For Omen in particular it would be nice if they added the drops to the potpourri list. Trade in 50 scales to unlock the drops as items and 25/50k or something for a body etc. It's not a terrible system imo.
You just got me hard, nomnomnom
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-07 06:34:35  
Asura.Sechs said: »
For Omen in particular it would be nice if they added the drops to the potpourri list. Trade in 50 scales to unlock the drops as items and 25/50k or something for a body etc. It's not a terrible system imo.

It's a system I wouldnt mind them polishing up a bit more and bringing newer stuff to, basically used for pulses and nothing else at the moment and I feel content like Omen is dated enough it might not be so bad. Take your 1% drop rate or 50 scales, w/e happens first.

Potpourri is kinda hard to come by with merits being used for HTMB and higher level mobs rewarding less of it. The costs of the rewards push them further away than just farming them in most cases. You know they would ask for 500 detritus to unlock normal drops and 5000 detritus for the bodies.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-07 06:35:00  
It's not gonna happen, ever.
Regardless, it would be a cool idea for content as "old" as Omen.
Alas, not gonna happen and we all know it.
By Seun 2022-12-07 06:49:48  
It's not gonna happen, ever.
Regardless, it would be a cool idea for content as "old" as Omen.
Alas, not gonna happen and we all know it.

Omen is old, but it's still relevant content so I wouldn't expect to see the drops offered outside of the event itself or trove/bonanza. At least not until we break ilvl 119 and I don't know that we'll ever see that.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-07 08:08:52  
Seun said: »

It's actually more profitable to just buy orbs and sell the drops you don't want/need. Why spend real money on mules when you can throw zimbabwe'diel dollars at it?

Merits are on demand and orbs/vouchers are not. The solution to not having Shinryu drops is to run more Shinryu. The more stuff they pile onto Trove, the more rare these drops become anyway.

If you've spent more than several days on Shinryu, you know merits mean nothing. Also being able to buy orbs and sell drops is an Asura solution. But I'm absolutely not going to deal with Asura problems and thus server transfer fees and thus real money.

I only have 1 mule, the mule solution to me is satire but very real for other people.

It's a system I wouldnt mind them polishing up a bit more and bringing newer stuff to, basically used for pulses and nothing else at the moment and I feel content like Omen is dated enough it might not be so bad. Take your 1% drop rate or 50 scales, w/e happens first.

Potpourri is kinda hard to come by with merits being used for HTMB and higher level mobs rewarding less of it. The costs of the rewards push them further away than just farming them in most cases. You know they would ask for 500 detritus to unlock normal drops and 5000 detritus for the bodies.

Potpourri is easy to come by if you turn on the buff before grinding Mastery Levels.

Turn in systems are an unelegant solution to an even uglier problem. I think we'd all like to be able to get the things we want with an upper limit to how long it takes. The upper limit can be terrible and it's still better than RNGesus did not smile upon you.
By Seun 2022-12-07 09:47:46  
Potpourri is easy to come by if you turn on the buff before grinding Mastery Levels.

My point is that you'd spend a much longer time farming up 25/50k merit points vs just farming a T3 for a pulse weapon. It's great that you have the option for a passive buff, but anyone focusing any of these items will do better just doing the old content.

I honestly prefer the RNG. It feels more RPG to me than anything else. I do understand people wanting a guarantee, but it feels more themepark than sandbox. Just a preference I guess.
[+]
By Serjero 2022-12-07 10:14:21  
Nah it feels more like carnie games than theme park or sandbox. Rigged against the player.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-07 11:36:34  

My point is that you'd spend a much longer time farming up 25/50k merit points vs just farming a T3 for a pulse weapon. It's great that you have the option for a passive buff, but anyone focusing any of these items will do better just doing the old content.

I honestly prefer the RNG. It feels more RPG to me than anything else. I do understand people wanting a guarantee, but it feels more themepark than sandbox. Just a preference I guess.

We are 100% on it's just a preference.

I like the turn in so you can be doing 3 things at once, which is generally my favorite way to play when I have to do something I'm not going to enjoy, but I'm going to do anyways. Lots of MLs to get still. I'd love another carrot
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-07 12:48:07  
Potpourri is kinda hard to come by with merits being used for HTMB and higher level mobs rewarding less of it.
No its not?

Hold up, you dont know about Emporox's Gift, and think you have to trade in 75 at a time. Thats the only reason why someone could think Potpourri is "hard to come by".
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-12-07 15:33:44  

In a few years the next step would be adding dyna-d to the list 99 of each medal, followed by 198 of each medal, 99 unlocks hands head legs feet, 198 unlocks bodies lololol
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-07 17:06:34  
Too many shards in Trove to worry about late comers. At least the price for medals would go back up again.
By Serjero 2022-12-07 17:51:49  
Make those medal unlocks include upgrade unlocks for all jobs and it wouldn't be a terrible idea even for established players.

AF and Relic unlocks/upgrades are the most frustrating and time consuming process of gearing a new job. Any way to circumvent that would be amazing. Like I'm sure glad I have all these scales that are obtainable faster than I can reasonably get cards for unless there's a campaign happening.

They should have made Deeds re-settable to the beginning or to w/e tier we wanted to instead of the mediocre last set they let us.
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-07 23:06:02  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Potpourri is kinda hard to come by with merits being used for HTMB and higher level mobs rewarding less of it.
No its not?

Hold up, you dont know about Emporox's Gift, and think you have to trade in 75 at a time. Thats the only reason why someone could think Potpourri is "hard to come by".

I can go farm a pulse weapon in a matter of hours from a T3 in Escha. Even with an exp campaign active, all the exp buffs/rings and emporox's gift; I can not go farm 25k merit points in a few hours. Dyna D bosses are more difficult than CP mobs. There are still far more players who have cleared Dyna D than have unlocked RMEA augmentation with 10k job points.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-08 01:02:55  
What if I told you you can work towards those 25k merit points WHILE you are CP/EPing...something you're going to do anyways? Then when the time comes that you need a pulse weapon, oh hey, thanks Emporox. Thats "a matter of hours" that you can spend getting more CP/EP (or whatever) instead of wasting time farming a pulse weapon in escha.
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 422 423 424