言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 344 345 346 ... 409 410 411
By Serjero 2022-12-08 01:22:53  
To be fair killing T3s in Zitah isn't a terrible way to farm beads and can be faster than simply doing dragon rotation so at least you can double dip for that.

Like you still need 250M limit points to get to 25k potpourri. That would take about as long as going from ML0 to ML42ish. But like Nynja said people are gonna be doing that anyways so grabbing the buff before you go out has such a minimal opportunity cost that you might as well.
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-08 03:36:14  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
What if I told you you can work towards those 25k merit points WHILE you are CP/EPing...something you're going to do anyways? Then when the time comes that you need a pulse weapon, oh hey, thanks Emporox. Thats "a matter of hours" that you can spend getting more CP/EP (or whatever) instead of wasting time farming a pulse weapon in escha.

I will tell you that it will take you weeks/months to finish a weapon, because it will. I will also tell you that you'll master all your jobs before you collect all the weapons, because you will. Take as much time as you need, but farming the content that these items and materials come from is more efficient regardless of your choice.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-08 08:54:25  
Seun said: »
I will also tell you that you'll master all your jobs before you collect all the weapons, because you will.
1-This is mathematically incorrect. During a XP Campaign (which is usually on, the only month it wasnt active in the last 6 months was October), you only need to get to ML20 to reach the 25 million xp needed. A
2-You can only make 3 weapons per month, and there are only 14 weapons, and some of them are really just NOT good. Are you really in a rush to get that Xoanon or Hachimonji for example?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-12-08 13:48:23  
OK so we are arguing about minimum time to get an item vs minimum amount of time spent to get the item

With potpourri buff you might spend 5 minutes total repeatedly getting the buff but it may be weeks before you get the pulse weapon unless you are going hardcore on master levels.

Now if you are racing you can almost certainly get the pulse weapon faster with dedicated farming but you will spend far more time dedicated to the pulse weapon as opposed to just doing whatever activities you were already doing but with an extra buff.

Dedicated farming I think makes the most sense early on to help get first few jobs going with naegling or shining one etc. but I wouldn't even consider it after that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-08 13:50:28  
Just a 2cents point for those who it applies to.

It is by far the fastest/easiest to simply make 10m and buy one from a trove farmer. Hell you can even sell them your 3 free orbs for the month and get it for 1-2m.

potpourri is just a thing you (should always) have running in the background so it's ready when you need it/if you want it. You should never be grinding it specifically.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-12-08 19:27:48  
Are you really in a rush to get that Xoanon

Isn't this staff the best for MNK Cataclysm?
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-09 01:40:36  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Are you really in a rush to get that Xoanon or Hachimonji for example?

Isn't this staff the best for MNK Cataclysm?

Would that also make it the best option for Shell Crusher? If you didn't have that option wouldn't you want that NIN with Hachimonji for Tachi: Ageha? Should we expect the guy named after the job to know that?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-09 09:06:39  
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-12-09 20:35:02  
potpourri and whatever that goblin sell in escha is dumb. cost me too much time/energy to go see him and buy a ring to see any benefits that cant be achieved otherwise. Sure if I religiously applied the buff it would pay out with like a 20mil item perhaps over 6 months. Its just not worth the effort. Devs could make it more relevant, but its not atm.

Oh, not to mention you have to pay! him in currencies to access items, and the currencies aren't that easy to accumulate, screw that.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-12-09 20:59:40  
effort to zone in and speak to a gob is tough.
Do you have people merc checking your dbox for you?
[+]
By Torzak 2022-12-09 22:18:16  
Hopalong said: »
20mil item perhaps over 6 months.

I made ~30k poutpourri just within the exp/cp campaign window last month.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-09 23:12:26  
Oh, not to mention you have to pay! him in currencies to access items, and the currencies aren't that easy to accumulate, screw that.
The whole premise of getting the stuff for potpourri is showing you've actually done! the content to begin with. For a new char, yes some may be a daunting task due to various gatekeeping. Getting 297 petrifacts obviously needs an investment of voidstones and the VW event to be up (unless you insist on doing 500ish kills looking for white proc, but I'd rather waterboard myself). If you're a multiboxer trying to unlock on multiple chars, the 36 Abdhaljs Honors x (# of chars) may be a pain to get. The Meebles one is just completely unthought of by SE I'm not even going to get into it.

At the end of the day, my previous point stands: you're gonna grind out mastering jobs and you're gonna grind those master levels out.

Also, what content is there where MNK absolutely needs "best cataclysm weapon" ASAP? Legit curious.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-10 04:48:59  
Torzak said: »

What about those of us who don't automate or can't dedicate 20 hours a day for 3 weeks?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-12-10 08:14:20  

What about those of us who don't automate or can't dedicate 20 hours a day for 3 weeks?

You pay the RMT to get those gains while you sleep.
By SimonSes 2022-12-10 09:34:51  

300M limit points during campaign with Corsair roll is like 20000 Apexs or less. With 21 days campaign, that would be like 950 Apex per day. Its like 3-4 hours in good single killing pt or probably half of that or less in AoE party.
By Seun 2022-12-10 10:43:40  
SimonSes said: »
300M limit points during campaign with Corsair roll is like 20000 Apexs or less. With 21 days campaign, that would be like 950 Apex per day. Its like 3-4 hours in good single killing pt or probably half of that or less in AoE party.

20 days. Technically less because it started at midnight NA and ended midnight JP, but 20 is round enough.

Assuming I started from scratch, how many jobs would I have mastered by the end of this campaign if I kept that pace?
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-12-10 11:42:30  
Depends on if a bot was running 24 hours or just 3-4 per day
By Seun 2022-12-10 12:22:38  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Depends on if a bot was running 24 hours or just 3-4 per day

I'll rephrase. If you farmed Apex mobs until you reached 300M limit points, you'd reach some number of capacity points. Assuming you were mastering jobs as you were earning the 300M experience, how many would you end with roughly?
 Ragnarok.Gennss
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2022-12-10 13:23:54  
I average 3meripo per JP so 30k?
By Torzak 2022-12-10 15:14:35  
I work, sleep, and don't bot. I helped put on an event in town. I cook. I mean the list goes on. Sortie is almost the only thing I do through the work week. I'm barely making a couple to four solid xp groups a week. I have the whole week off next week, so I might make that last push to M50.

Just today in 1hr & 15mins we made 380k exemplar points - this same kind of grouping would make a killing in poutpourri when the campaign was up. I preemptively killed bots before making the group. Meanwhile, a lot of y'all just stand around in town crying around about how hard exemplar points are or questioning the reality of what's posted to the forum.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-10 21:11:01  
Quote:
Just today in 1hr & 15mins we made 380k exemplar points

380k exemplar per hour is on the high end of what people are going to get, and for most people to achieve that they'd have to form a group with friends. That takes time to coordinate a session, and even then it takes about 25.5 million exemplar to reach R50, so at that rate you're still looking at 72+ hours or 3 straight days nonstop to hit 50. That can be accomplished in a matter of days if people are using bots, but without them it takes a large amount of effort, and you have to do that for each and every job. Finding and coordinating those groups (without botting) requires setup time too, so it's a lot more than "just" the 72 hours grinding mobs.

Add to this the fact that those exemplar rates only come in when you have bard, geo, cor trio, and once your friends max out their cor and bard or w/e they won't have any reason to exemplar farm again on that same job, you see why getting R50 on multiple jobs the traditional way is such a time sink. There's a valid reason for people to complain about the current system. Going from 40 to 50 without botting is pretty rough on one job, but to do it on many jobs... especially dd jobs once you've run out of friends who can come support for you, is asking more than the average player is going to be able to muster.
[+]
By Torzak 2022-12-10 21:40:14  
Asura.Melliny said: »
and for most people to achieve that they'd have to form a group with friends.

It's all straight pug. All the groups I've done are pug.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-11 04:21:38  
What camps are you going to if I may ask. What's the best camp to even farm in a group nowadays? Is it still nest, or somewhere else?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-11 04:33:31  
Wherever the least bots are at the time you go. Best camp rotates on that rule.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-23 07:37:53  
Holy ***a Fujito post.
Quote:
About WS tolerance bug correspondence

hello. Regarding the " fixing of WS resistance processing " that was implemented as an emergency response the other day, we have proceeded without explanation, and we apologize for causing concern. I would like to comment on this matter. The cause was that the WS resistance part was an exception handling function addition, so the phenomenon occurred as a human error in confirmation and verification.

▼ Why was the fix delayed? This is due to the late discovery of this bug. The production side thought that there was no problem at the time of implementation verification and released it. It's gone.

▼ Why did you fix it? First of all, regarding "Odyssey Sheolger", due to the nature of the content where the jobs that can be used are restricted, the behavior of all WS resistance, which greatly limits the use of jobs that mainly damage WS, is also intended as a development. was outside. Therefore, we determined that an immediate correction was necessary, and implemented it. Also, in "Sorty", the implementation is still in the plan. Proceeding with the setting with the WS resistance applied as it is may lead to a considerably severe difficulty level, and we have decided that it is not appropriate to continue to apply the specification as it is.

Therefore, although it is a late timing, we have made a quick correction.

We understand that there are differing opinions on whether the specifications of Odyssey and Sortie should have been left as they were, or whether they should have been revised.
We were happy to receive useful comments such as "magic was working effectively" among the opinions we received from everyone.
We will use your feedback as a reference for future development.

▼Future response

This bug occurred due to insufficient information exchange between the production staff and the QA staff regarding the transmission of exception handling.
For the production staff, please make sure to include further references to the potential of this feature in the QA instructions, and also ask the QA staff to issue alerts when exceptions are encountered, and to work on the relevant parts of the production. We aim to prevent recurrence by strongly conducting hearings to the side.

Also, regarding the overly powerful ability that we applied this time, such as "having resistance to everything", future bosses and monsters will not be simply standard equipment.
For example, it can be used as a gimmick to encourage a specific action, or as a gimmick to have a sharp performance.

That's all for the explanation.

Finally,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this sudden bug fix.
Thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XI.
Quote:
Matsui: Both the development team and the QA team will work with renewed vigor.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight "Sure you will" *wink*

So there you go, from the horse's mouth ***, like I've told you for 10 years, they don't play and they don't test a damn thing, because they literally don't know how.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-23 07:46:24  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

380k exemplar per hour is on the high end of what people are going to get, and for most people to achieve that they'd have to form a group with friends. That takes time to coordinate a session, and even then it takes about 25.5 million exemplar to reach R50, so at that rate you're still looking at 72+ hours or 3 straight days nonstop to hit 50. That can be accomplished in a matter of days if people are using bots, but without them it takes a large amount of effort, and you have to do that for each and every job. Finding and coordinating those groups (without botting) requires setup time too, so it's a lot more than "just" the 72 hours grinding mobs.

Add to this the fact that those exemplar rates only come in when you have bard, geo, cor trio, and once your friends max out their cor and bard or w/e they won't have any reason to exemplar farm again on that same job, you see why getting R50 on multiple jobs the traditional way is such a time sink. There's a valid reason for people to complain about the current system. Going from 40 to 50 without botting is pretty rough on one job, but to do it on many jobs... especially dd jobs once you've run out of friends who can come support for you, is asking more than the average player is going to be able to muster.

Most who are doing it are using alts for the BRD and GEO slots, maybe for the healer depending if people need it or not. 40-45 is bad. 45-50 is brutal, like crimes against humanity brutal.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-12-23 09:47:35  

That sounds *** terrible - i pray for you
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 344 345 346 ... 409 410 411