2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 426 427 428
By Nariont 2022-08-03 12:15:49  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
you can just outright skip ambu for better gear and not wanna blow your brains out as a new player.

Kind of, the DI grind has a point cap, and odyssey is a 45(?) day time gate before you can even start it
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-08-03 12:15:58  
Sylvan Earring
AGI+12 Enmity-6
Enhances "Wide Scan" effect

allows Wide Scan to pick up other players from across the zone and check their bazaar
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-08-03 12:24:47  
I welcome any removal of EP loss. I hate losing EP. I would prefer it removed from the game entirely. I get we need to be penalized for having to homepoint, but would prefer something like a longer weakness rather than EP loss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-03 12:26:54  
Nariont said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
you can just outright skip ambu for better gear and not wanna blow your brains out as a new player.

Kind of, the DI grind has a point cap, and odyssey is a 45(?) day time gate before you can even start it
Know what you right my bad I forgot about the point cap and I dont think I knew about the wait time for odyssey. Good eye
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-03 13:36:24  
What? you can't do anything in odyssey for 45 days?
When was this added?
[+]
By Meeble 2022-08-03 13:44:24  
Lili said: »
Excuse me, why should a returning player be able to spam v1 VD?

It should be very clear by now to everybody that SE tries their best (granted, not always succeeding) to avoid putting in content where you can bulldoze through in a day and none of the intermediate steps matter except the final reward. We had a couple of years of that, and the game was terrible at that moment.

Getting NQ and then +1 ambu armor was a huge step forward when I came back in 2017. NQ let me move from being carried entirely to be able to do VE with trusts, +1 let me group with other returners and do E-N-sometimes D to farm our +2s. Once I got to +2 then I was able to frequently join D groups, with the occasional VD those months where the fight was a bit easier for the jobs I had.

All of that mattered each step of the way. The content is certainly not perfect but it's scaled in a way that the intermediate steps DO matter.

What you all ask for would make all difficulties but VD completely irrelevant, and that's not good game design.

I think ambu difficulty scaling is fine, but the reward structure incentivizes players who can do VD to feel that anything less is a waste of their time.

It would be pretty trivial to reduce the overall grind for everyone while lowering the relative benefit of doing VD vs. lesser difficulties by adjusting the point rewards. There's far more daily and weekly content to keep everyone busy these days, Ambu could take up less play time without becoming irrelevant.

Code
VD from 3600 to 4000
 D from 2400 to 3500
 N from 1200 to 3000
 E from  600 to 2500
VE from  200 to 2000

Everybody wins, and there's less incentive for veteran players to ditch a group that can only manage D or N.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-08-03 13:48:26  
Asura.Bippin said: »
What? you can't do anything in odyssey for 45 days?
When was this added?

You can enter Sheol A immediately and do not even need to be L99. However, you cannot complete the first ROE "Odyssey: Sheol A" until your character is 45 days old. What's really fun is you can set that ROE but when you get to the end, it will not allow you to complete it. It has been this way since the introduction of Odyssey.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-03 13:50:35  
Meeble said: »
Everybody wins, and there's less incentive for veteran players to ditch a group that can only manage D or N.
Now you have the opposite problem where there's zero reason to do any Ambu above N on most months, because there's usually a big difficulty jump N > D and an even bigger one D > VD. ~16% increases in rewards will mean that no one will do them except maybe the mercs that can use higher difficulty labels to sell higher prices to the gullible.

New players don't need to do V1 to get points to help them gear up. V2 is designed specifically for them, and can be almost always done on N or D with a few players and VD with a party. All that needs to be done to help newer players is to increase the V2 rewards to say, 900/600/450/300/100. There should be a notable gap due to the difficulty between V1 and V2, but the current one is too large.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-08-03 14:01:03  
Lili said: »
Excuse me, why should a returning player be able to spam v1 VD?

It should be very clear by now to everybody that SE tries their best (granted, not always succeeding) to avoid putting in content where you can bulldoze through in a day and none of the intermediate steps matter except the final reward. We had a couple of years of that, and the game was terrible at that moment.

Getting NQ and then +1 ambu armor was a huge step forward when I came back in 2017. NQ let me move from being carried entirely to be able to do VE with trusts, +1 let me group with other returners and do E-N-sometimes D to farm our +2s. Once I got to +2 then I was able to frequently join D groups, with the occasional VD those months where the fight was a bit easier for the jobs I had.

All of that mattered each step of the way. The content is certainly not perfect but it's scaled in a way that the intermediate steps DO matter.

What you all ask for would make all difficulties but VD completely irrelevant, and that's not good game design.

I think ambu difficulty scaling is fine, but the reward structure incentivizes players who can do VD to feel that anything less is a waste of their time.

It would be pretty trivial to reduce the overall grind for everyone while lowering the relative benefit of doing VD vs. lesser difficulties by adjusting the point rewards. There's far more daily and weekly content to keep everyone busy these days, Ambu could take up less play time without becoming irrelevant.

Code
VD from 3600 to 4000
 D from 2400 to 3500
 N from 1200 to 3000
 E from  600 to 2500
VE from  200 to 2000

They should Create 1 big ROE objective weekly event for Ambu Bonus for watever version they go and daily so new players can get maybe around 10k a week? doing it once a day i don't see why is that a problem the empy mats and relics are always on the auction now and people already abusing ambuscade from Merc to boxing multi items SO why the *** not they need to stop smoking mandragora's and do something bout this kinda :(

not spekaing adjhalas seal, like u get 5000 points from weekly and 1k extra (daily).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-03 14:24:52  
Asura.Geriond said: »

New players don't need to do V1 to get points to help them gear up. V2 is designed specifically for them, and can be almost always done on N or D with a few players and VD with a party. All that needs to be done to help newer players is to increase the V2 rewards to say, 900/600/450/300/100. There should be a notable gap due to the difficulty between V1 and V2, but the current one is too large.

I think this is the right idea. The intention, IMO, should be to make V2VD with a group more attractive - maybe not hugely so, but meaningfully - than V1E, so that people soloing V1E who can't afford dead weight via TP feed/gimmicky mechanics/giving up trust slots/whatever will instead drag a couple noobs through V2VD for more points and Gallantry.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-08-03 15:25:50  
Now you have the opposite problem where there's zero reason to do any Ambu above N on most months, because there's usually a big difficulty jump N > D and an even bigger one D > VD.

Why is that a problem? As SE pointed out, their objective with Ambu isn't to get everyone doing VD, it's to fast-track newbies into usable gear. (also presumably to serve as a steady supply of rema currency for the player base, but they didn't mention that part)

They've already made some changes in the direction by increasing the quantity of voucher/tokens and upgrade materials you can obtain per month. If their goal is to get more veterans helping newer players clear v1, changing the reward structure so more people do N or D is a solution, not a problem.

All that needs to be done to help newer players is to increase the V2 rewards to say, 900/600/450/300/100.

That's a step in the right direction, but still an insane grind. To achieve the modest goal of one set of +2 armor, 2 capes, and 1 ambu weapon, you'd need over eighty V2 VD runs to get the 75,250 hallmarks and 4000 gallantry needed; And that's assuming you can get the +1 armor you need for free from total HM that month.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-03 15:35:48  
That's a step in the right direction, but still an insane grind. To achieve the modest goal of one set of +2 armor, 2 capes, and 1 ambu weapon, you'd need over eighty V2 VD runs to get the 75,250 hallmarks and 4000 gallantry needed; And that's assuming you can get the +1 armor you need for free from total HM that month.

Reward pacing is always going to be subjective, but for casuals who have 120+ hours of missions to catch up on, job points, acquiring spells, access to areas, etc.. I don't think you really need to grind out 80 consecutive ambuscades in a month. You could work on one thing at a time and get it over a few months without doing insane pacing.

The game is meant to be fun, if ambuscade is only a means to an end and you aren't enjoying it then that's a problem. It doesn't exactly get less grindy farming omen cards, dynamis shards(if you don't buy them), RMEA, or odyssey RP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-03 15:45:22  
If anything the cost of the wearables should come down, rather than the marks go up.

You raise v2vd to 900 V1 stops existing. But you drop NQ +1 and fibers/metals down everyone wins (for real) and you don't affect the real problem, gil items.

Cut the slips and upgrade items in half if you really want to help new and returnees. Raising the rewards just gives reason to get more gil. Hell if you win V2VE you should get the full 5/5 NQ.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-03 16:05:11  
Why is that a problem? As SE pointed out, their objective with Ambu isn't to get everyone doing VD, it's to fast-track newbies into usable gear. (also presumably to serve as a steady supply of rema currency for the player base, but they didn't mention that part)

They've already made some changes in the direction by increasing the quantity of voucher/tokens and upgrade materials you can obtain per month. If their goal is to get more veterans helping newer players clear v1, changing the reward structure so more people do N or D is a solution, not a problem.
It's a problem because that's their goal for V2, not for V1, or else they wouldn't be making V1 trickier and more difficult when they bring it back as they are doing sometimes. V1 is to challenge more veteran players while giving them sufficient rewards to justify doing said difficulty, while V2 is for new players. Veteran players helping out on V2 and losing EP to deaths is also a problem, not just on V1.

The total you need is far less than that because much of the points you're putting into hallmarks can be bought at equal price from gallantry. Abdhaljs Seals also reduce the number of runs by quite a few, especially if the player is spreading out their farming so they're getting multiple months' worth of seals. On top of all of that, all the money items they'd get from spare gallantry will help them in other parts of the game while they advance.

In addition, there's no reason to expect a newly 99 player to need all of those immediately. 5/5 +1 armor an ambu cape (can even leave the dye and resin for later since they're by far the priciest slots), and make a Kaja weapon is plenty to get started with.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-03 16:11:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If anything the cost of the wearables should come down, rather than the marks go up.

You raise v2vd to 900 V1 stops existing. But you drop NQ +1 and fibers/metals down everyone wins (for real) and you don't affect the real problem, gil items.

Cut the slips and upgrade items in half if you really want to help new and returnees. Raising the rewards just gives reason to get more gil. Hell if you win V2VE you should get the full 5/5 NQ.
You're crazy if you think V1 VD being 900 would make V1 not exist. V2 isn't so easy that players that can do V1 on N or higher would rather do 3-4 runs on V2 instead of 1 run on V1, outside is the REALLY nasty V1 fights (which are canceled out by the really easy V1 fights).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-03 16:17:13  
There would be absolutely no point to putting in the even the minimum effort to do V1D or V1VD

(*)for any of the ones that take minimum effort. Shout for an hour for that max bard, or take 60 seconds and win V2VD, yeah, easy choice.

Sure, you'd still conduit those V1 months that can be. but velkk, moogle, sahagin, flayer, marrow etc would cease to exist full stop. Outside of the tryhards, like I already said.

(you'll also supercharge the bots by raising the marks)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-03 16:19:56  
Even V1N would be more points, and it doesn't take maximum effort for a lot of Ds and even VDs. I know a lot of people that would rather put together the effort to put together 4-6 people for 2400 or 3600 points than to grab 1 person for V2 but take 3-4 times as many trips back and forth between each run while getting less gallantry, especially if they have linkshells to quickly fill out groups. Most of the annoying V1s are not really annoying anymore on N because the mechanics and damage taken are so simplified at that level.

More points per run is also more efficient when seals are limited, which can still happen even for veteran players.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-03 16:51:21  
Yeah and they can also get more points actually killing Goal NMs instead of oozing and afking "with limited segments" and you see how well that works out.
[+]
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2022-08-03 17:07:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
oozing and afking
Should have been "oozing and snoozing."
[+]
By Meeble 2022-08-03 17:28:05  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Reward pacing is always going to be subjective, but for casuals who have 120+ hours of missions to catch up on, job points, acquiring spells, access to areas, etc.. I don't think you really need to grind out 80 consecutive ambuscades in a month. You could work on one thing at a time and get it over a few months without doing insane pacing.

The game is meant to be fun, if ambuscade is only a means to an end and you aren't enjoying it then that's a problem. It doesn't exactly get less grindy farming omen cards, dynamis shards(if you don't buy them), RMEA, or odyssey RP.

Agreed. I don't know what the ideal reward pacing is, but it's not 2016 anymore; With so much content to do, and a brand new event launching next week, it feels like ambuscade's pacing could use an adjustment. I'd say the standard for "entry level" endgame armor has probably crept up a bit since then too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-08-03 17:41:16  
Valefor.Aspens said: »
My hope is they activate empy set bonus like the regal accessories do with AF
This would potentially be amazing for RDM.. especially if it can push past the 5/5 for the original set...
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-03 18:28:30  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
This would potentially be amazing for RDM.. especially if it can push past the 5/5 for the original set...

I thought regal and AF items still capped at a 5 piece set bonus...?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-03 19:38:58  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I thought regal and AF items still capped at a 5 piece set bonus...?
Nevermind, I totally misread this comment
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-03 20:23:51  
They are getting spicy with the exp chain campaigns now that JPs aren't the finish and more like the starting line. I wish they would just leave VW and Nyzul campaigns on permanently. That's the only ambu fix they need, the kind that makes me only show up to ambu when I need a new cape.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-08-04 07:34:05  
We are only getting repeated exp/cp campaigns because of the 20th anniversary by their own admission. It'll likely be back to normal next year.
[+]
By Typongtive 2022-08-04 08:25:09  
Aerix said: »
We are only getting repeated exp/cp campaigns because of the 20th anniversary by their own admission. It'll likely be back to normal next year.
Should never go away lol
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-04 08:27:16  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Agreed. I don't know what the ideal reward pacing is, but it's not 2016 anymore; With so much content to do, and a brand new event launching next week, it feels like ambuscade's pacing could use an adjustment. I'd say the standard for "entry level" endgame armor has probably crept up a bit since then too.

New players should have to walk ten miles barefoot in the snow, uphill in both directions. Why back in my day you weren't even allowed to logon until you had HNM gear. Now get off my poarch!
[+]
By Typongtive 2022-08-04 08:28:21  
Why back in my day you weren't even allowed to logon until you had HNM gear. Now get off my poarch!

LMAO just woke up my wife lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-04 08:51:03  
It's honestly one of the best ways to give new players a chance to stick around. I remember my climb to my first Mastered job and every other job has been so much faster because I waited for xp campaigns to burn out large portions of new ones.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-08-04 14:17:35  
Did they discuss specifically the requirements for Sortie? I saw that TVR progress "to a point" is required, but I'm only on Chapter 5 so wondering if I'll need to get that sorted before next week's update.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 426 427 428