Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-04 15:06:24  
Not really. Odyssey has no requirements of any kind. Anyone can enter Rakaz and do vagary/skirimish (I think) with zero progress.

But also you need progress to get af+3 and you need progress to get relic+3 so it's kinda 50/50.

You'll obviously need Sea access to get empyrean+3 but whether you need SoA or RoV progress isn't automatic. Entering Vagary and entering Skimish I and II have no requirements, so there's no pre-set milestone like dynamis access or the location being hidden (reisenjima), unless they put the entrance in leafalia....
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-04 15:14:21  
Granted I wouldn't trust their word 100%, but didn't they tell it themselves several months ago when they announced the new event? Which was originally set up for release in the July patch.
Didn't they say it would require some progress in TVR?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-04 15:16:24  
If it is intended to be able to be done by noobs, then it can't have TVR progress, that requires RoV completion.

(well, to be fair, I'm using logic, and they don't, so)
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-04 17:21:56  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
The game is meant to be fun
I don't think this is their mantra anymore. The game is increasingly designed around trying to ensure people remain subbed, not because the game is enjoyable but because of instilling mass FOMO through design.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-08-04 17:49:26  
From Funkworkz original post

Of course things can change but...

Entry conditions

Need to progress in rov and adoulin up to a certain point

Entry ki every 20 hours

1 to 6 people can enter and trusts can be used

Same npc in charge of increasing empyrean armor from ÷1 will also be in charge of Entry. NPC will be in Leafallia.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-08-04 18:21:13  
Campaign Duskraven? or have i missed someone? Still doing the new expansion.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-04 18:25:18  
Starbucks said: »
I don't think this is their mantra anymore. The game is increasingly designed around trying to ensure people remain subbed, not because the game is enjoyable but because of instilling mass FOMO through design.

*eyeroll*
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-04 18:55:25  
If entrance is in leafalia you need to basically finish soa
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-04 19:03:38  
Quote:

This. They already confirmed that the NPC that starts the quest will be in leafallia. So completing SoA is mandatory. You don't get access to that zone till the very end.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-04 20:36:35  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

This. They already confirmed that the NPC that starts the quest will be in leafallia. So completing SoA is mandatory. You don't get access to that zone till the very end.

Watch SE require the Ygnas trust. I would laugh so hard...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By stuoobey 2022-08-05 01:00:41  
Regarding the Implementation of Sortie
Good day, adventurers,
Matsui here.

In the August Version Update roundup, I mentioned that we would be implementing all-new battle content known as Sortie.

Unfortunately, we have discovered several critical bugs with the content in our final QA checks and are currently in the process of fixing them. It pains me to say that we are unlikely to completely take care of these issues in time for the August 10 version update.

The bugs in question have a direct impact on the difficulty of the foes present in Sortie and would adversely impact the player experience if we were to let Sortie go live without fixing them. Our current plan is to implement Sortie as scheduled for the August 10 version update but temporarily remove the NPC curating the content to prevent players from accessing it. As soon as the bugs have been properly addressed, we will perform an emergency maintenance to restore the NPC in question.

We know that many of you were looking forward to Sortie and will be disappointed by this announcement. I would like to apologize for the delay, but feel it is best to prioritize making sure Sortie is an enjoyable, engaging experience rather than something that has the potential to cause consternation. I humbly ask for your understanding and assure you that that we will make Sortie available as soon as the issues have been resolved.
[+]
By stuoobey 2022-08-05 01:01:25  
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59773-Announcing-the-August-Version-Update

Is the link
[+]
By Homsar 2022-08-05 01:07:37  
Classic SE maneuver.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-05 01:28:04  
3 years for this... LMAO

My expectations on sortie are already in the gutter like master lvls and Oddy trash. about to be 3 for 3 now... lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-05 02:03:10  
guess that's what I get for getting hyped for an update.
[+]
By Rips 2022-08-05 02:29:51  
Oooooof. That’s gotta hurt. It’s obvious that the free campaign was to go hand in hand with the new battle content to keep more players subbed.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-05 02:32:46  
Sounds like the content will still go live in August sometime. I'm gonna guess maybe a week after the update. Could be worse, I guess.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-05 02:38:03  
Draylo said: »

*eyeroll*
Elaborate. Do you disagree?
[+]
By Seun 2022-08-05 02:39:34  
Homsar said: »
Classic SE maneuver.

The NPC will be activated the day AFTER the discount campaign ends so that everyone pays full price transferring to avoid the massive queues. Matsui will buy many colorful shirts with the proceeds.

Sortie pre-patch hype!
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-05 04:43:08  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Well I mean you get Leafallia access in middle of chapter 4 and there's 5 chapters. So it's not the very end of SoA but it is still the bulk of them. That means it's not mandatory to complete all of SoA, just like 75% of it roughly. Although by that point you may as well finish it anyways, especially for the Adoulin rings and Siren, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-05 06:38:18  
ahahahahahha, sucks

They already had extra months and just "tested" it now.

Spoiler, no they didn't. They ain't test a god damn thing. A week after it comes out they'll have to fix something they specifically didn't test.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-08-05 07:13:56  
My uncle is nintendo or something so this is true.

The currency you collect in new battle content is "copium"
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-05 07:37:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
ahahahahahha, sucks

They already had extra months and just "tested" it now.

Spoiler, no they didn't. They ain't test a god damn thing. A week after it comes out they'll have to fix something they specifically didn't test.

I dont believe this is true. I think they simply has like one person doing QA for this game 8 hours per month and usually it's enough, but it's not with something as big as new event. They are under stuffed like always.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-05 08:07:34  
The joys of running a skeleton crew is that you never have enough people to deal with 'unforeseen' problems.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-05 08:07:57  
I would guess that the dev team does the QA.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-05 08:47:34  
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-05 08:54:39  
stuoobey said: »
Regarding the Implementation of Sortie
Good day, adventurers,
Matsui here.

In the August Version Update roundup, I mentioned that we would be implementing all-new battle content known as Sortie.

Unfortunately, we have discovered several critical bugs with the content in our final QA checks and are currently in the process of fixing them. It pains me to say that we are unlikely to completely take care of these issues in time for the August 10 version update.

The bugs in question have a direct impact on the difficulty of the foes present in Sortie and would adversely impact the player experience if we were to let Sortie go live without fixing them. Our current plan is to implement Sortie as scheduled for the August 10 version update but temporarily remove the NPC curating the content to prevent players from accessing it. As soon as the bugs have been properly addressed, we will perform an emergency maintenance to restore the NPC in question.

We know that many of you were looking forward to Sortie and will be disappointed by this announcement. I would like to apologize for the delay, but feel it is best to prioritize making sure Sortie is an enjoyable, engaging experience rather than something that has the potential to cause consternation. I humbly ask for your understanding and assure you that that we will make Sortie available as soon as the issues have been resolved.
Sortie already sounds super fun and filled with copium. It crazy because odyssey has the same 4 bugs its had since it came out and don't look like they plan on fixing it. This bug gotta benefit the players too much for them to let it go.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-05 08:55:39  
Draylo said: »

*eyeroll*
Elaborate. Do you disagree?

Yes I do. Imagine having FOMO in a 20 yr old game that rarely gets new content. You are gonna be doing the same content for years, waiting ages before they finally release something else. You arent missing out, historically things get much easier to complete and participate in as time goes by.

Take Odyssey as an example, most were worried they would get left behind in tbe dust if they couldnt spam it everyday. Fast forward to today and once you go thru the first three sheol by sneak/invis, and do one segment farm, you can literally leech, pay for or join others to get all clears and RP. RP even easier now with the cheese methods. So what did you miss out on by not doing it everyday?

They literally have free login campaigns every other month... someone could come back in that time, get v0 clears to buy gear, finish their tiny new storyline and then come back years later to repeat if thats how they have fun. Nobody missing out by not playing everyday. About the only thing is deeds and monbearoux isnt that great in all honesty.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 426 427 428