users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 287 288 289 ... 408 409 410
By Nariont 2022-06-19 16:18:58  
As long as it gives me a different color glow that's all that matters
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-19 17:27:14  
Maybe they will have a constant dark aura or something, seems really basic and lame to have the same weapons but in black. Most of them are pretty ugly nowdays, Claustrum is just ugly signet staff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-19 17:34:26  
Primal Apoc with a black glow would be ***.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-19 17:59:14  
Would assume a sagasigner type hue to keep with the "theme" of dark weapons I guess
[+]
 Asura.Kendlar
サーバ: Asura
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-06-26 05:08:37  
YouTube Video Placeholder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqNtMJCVwY

"We will welcome Matsui P and Fujito D of "#FINAL FANTASY XI" to hear about network and server management that supports the world of "Vana'diel" and quality control (debugging, etc.) that supports game development."

This must be the thing i posted about earlier where you could send in tech questions https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56624/20th-anniversary-expectations/22#3623375
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-27 03:43:43  
Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for early July.

July brings along with it the monthly updates to Ambuscade, new Records of eminence Objectives, adjustments to certain missions, and adjusted spawn locations for monsters in certain areas.

So no new (major) content, but at least there'll be a new ambuscade. Qubtrubs is one of the more unpleasant months. So at least there's that. Ten bucks says adjusted spawn locations is changes to apex mobs. There was nothing specifying new camps, but the existing ones may be getting tweaked.
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2022-06-27 03:45:56  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So no new (major) content, but at least there'll be a new ambuscade. Qubtrubs is one of the more unpleasant months. So at least there's that. Ten bucks says adjusted spawn locations is changes to apex mobs. There was nothing specifying new camps, but the existing ones may be getting tweaked.

Colibri camps are back. Might be the nostalgia, but this excited me more than I thought it would.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-27 03:49:07  
I noticed the colibri in the update picture too, but I can't imagine they're changing the spawn locations of greater colibri. That's the camp the image was taken from, and it's level 75 era stuff. Although if they do add in a new apex lolibri camp somewhere it might serve to siphon some of the soloers out of the nest. Colibri aren't exactly magic cleave friendly. They can be cleaved but they have pretty high magic defenses, so soloers may find more appeal in them. The picture we see in the notes doesn't have to be related to the actual change though. We'll just have to see what they do come patch day.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-06-27 04:50:58  
Apex Colibri would be amazing.

A high-level Exemplar camp that favors piercing weapon jobs like THF, DNC, DRG etc.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-06-27 04:58:00  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Primal Apoc with a black glow would be ***.
they should be a new total set of weapons that we have not seen before, i dont think they will be the dark Relic, i think they are just connected to them in lore with the Devgr crafting it..
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-27 05:36:31  
I thought we were suppose to get empy+2? How disappointing.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-27 05:38:33  
The dark relics have specifically been called the Prime Weapons. It's not impossible that they'll somehow change form in the acquisition quest, but the previous ultimate weapons that were part of the story (relics and mythics) have both had their appearances unchanged when we received them.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-27 05:53:59  
Ruaumoko said: »

A high-level Exemplar camp that favors piercing weapon jobs like THF, DNC, DRG etc.

DNC and DRG will probably have less to worry about due to Accuracy Bonus traits, but generally DDs will likely have a hard time hitting higher tier Apex Colibri due to being unable to use food. BRD would likely be necessary, so soloers wouldn't be able to use the camp.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkmyth
サーバ: Sylph
user: DarkMyth
By Sylph.Darkmyth 2022-06-27 06:02:51  
Once again all rmt are still in there zones doin there BS and 3 of my longterm friends 15years + of playing FF have been banned for reasons not given ??????? well done SE
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-27 06:44:57  
They should've stopped clipping, it's literally the only bannable offense (and swearing, holy *** don't swear)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-27 06:49:24  
Asura.Topace said: »
It's what they said.
Curious to see which creative excuse they're gonna bring up this time.

ANVEDI STI PORACCI
STI PERACOTTARI, AHOOOOO!!
[+]
By IGDC 2022-06-27 07:19:45  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It's what they said.

ANVEDI STI PORACCI

It does say we're getting new RoE.... There could be a category in RoE for each job to attain their empy+2 and the monster adjustment could be in the zones (Ra'Kaznar is what they said?) that said RoE are in.

Highly doubt it, but maybe?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-27 07:39:56  
IGDC said: »
It's what they said.

ANVEDI STI PORACCI

It does say we're getting new RoE.... There could be a category in RoE for each job to attain their empy+2 and the monster adjustment could be in the zones (Ra'Kaznar is what they said?) that said RoE are in.

Highly doubt it, but maybe?

Watch them just make a level adjusted+ version of vagary instead of any new content, and empy +2 is just straight up from RoE rewards piece by piece. Kill putraxia in vagary unchained as *insert job here* and get empy +2 hands for that job

And yes it's going to be called vagary unchained. The dumber name the better. Because of course they would just make empy still come from vagary except make +2 come from a version called "unchained" that's +5 levels and +3 come from vagary "superduperneohard" that's +10 levels higher
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-27 07:54:57  
They said there would be new battle content, a reskinned/higher level Vagary certainly isn't out of the question but I doubt it's tied to RoE. They specifically said it was new content to obtain mats for empyrean updates in the May digest.

They also said "summer" for Empyrean +2 and "winter" for +3, the only place I've seen July mentioned was in the translated notes from the livestream. Someone else that speaks Japanese told me they sounded uncertain about that date, though, and given how less significant quests/content have been delayed, it's not a surprise it got pushed up.

If it was coming in July, I would expect them to have said something in the update summary given how long it has been. I'd expect it's coming later and these updates are unrelated.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-27 08:56:59  
Question: did they actually say Empy +2 was coming in July or this summer? Someone said to me they expected Empy to be here by July, to which I responded "I thought they said summer, which could mean September".

So did people just interpret that Empyrean gear would be here by July, or did they actually say this? Asking, not trolling. Probably getting disappointed for nothing, I honestly didn't expect it by now based on what they said.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-06-27 09:00:52  
July came from a twitter poster who was live tweeting the event. This month is also an odd month, which means it would have been good to line it up with Freshly Picked.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time they just surprised us with an event and didn't mention it before patch day. Wait until patch day to be disappointed.
[+]
By gunn 2022-06-27 09:03:24  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Question: did they actually say Empy +2 was coming in July or this summer? Someone said to me they expected Empy to be here by July, to which I responded "I thought they said summer, which could mean September".

So did people just interpret that Empyrean gear would be here by July, or did they actually say this? Asking, not trolling. Probably getting disappointed for nothing, I honestly didn't expect it by now based on what they said.

gunn said: »
Quote:
In other battle content news, we're finally going to bring you Empyrean weapon reforging in two separate version updates—one in summer, and one in winter. Odyssey will also see increases to the Vengeance cap, and we're going to keep increasing the maximum Master Level as well.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/19466/detail.html
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-06-27 09:18:56  
I just want the Goblin ambu to be unchanged please. I remember it being relatively easy last time just binding one add and sleeping/petrifying the other?
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-06-27 09:34:07  
I remember on the livestream they specifically mentioned July (shichigatsu)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-27 10:33:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Well, the lie part of July is accurate
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-06-27 10:37:16  
Mugs
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-27 10:40:58  
An ambu repeat from only 6 months ago? I won't complain too much since it was easy, but they have a much deeper catalog they could be pulling from.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-27 10:47:29  
Asura.Disclai said: »
An ambu repeat from only 6 months ago? I won't complain too much since it was easy, but they have a much deeper catalog they could be pulling from.

They haven't been going in order

ANVEDI STI PORACCI

FFXIAH era l'ultimo posto al mondo dove mi aspettavo di leggere la parola "peracottari", e invece e' successo!
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-27 20:43:46  
Aerix said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

DNC and DRG will probably have less to worry about due to Accuracy Bonus traits, but generally DDs will likely have a hard time hitting higher tier Apex Colibri due to being unable to use food. BRD would likely be necessary, so soloers wouldn't be able to use the camp.

Am I a joke to you? -Distract III

Plus Cornelia, BRD trusts, Sylvie, Artifact+3 gear sets, base Odyssey sets. Mastery Levels in general. Lots of ways to hit accuracy without food.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 287 288 289 ... 408 409 410