users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-12 19:17:41  
We decided to mess around with apex gears and found them a decent camp, 130~150K EP/hr with 2 DD's, 1 GEO, 1 AFK COR and 2 alt bots.

WAR
DRK
GEO
BRD
COR
RDM

Each DD multi-steps their own mobs, single cogs die pretty quickly, triple can be a bit due to their higher stats.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-12 20:13:26  
Afania said: »
If you need 20 hrs to ML0-40 on 1 job, how many hours do you think it's fair for all jobs using your system, since there are 22 jobs? 100 hrs(x5)? 200(x10)? THAT is a lot of grind lol. No thanks.

Or maybe, just maybe, they could keep the amount reasonable like x2 or x3 so non-botters can actually finish in an acceptable amount of time.

Just kidding, I know this is SE we're talking about.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-12 21:59:20  
Just give me some ways to earn EP bonuses in game like you can with exp and CP
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-06-12 22:12:48  
Its clearly a longevity thing like people said above. The devs made a conscious decision to make master levels unreachable by an average player and keep the lifers engaged perpetually. Its the endgame and its not going to end. I don't think they are going to make it easier because its not the point to reach the end. They asked themselves, what made FFXI so great before, oh! the 6month to 1 year grind to reach 75! Lets reintroduce that! The problem is we are all playing multiple jobs now and don't have the time so they missed the mark just like they always do.

I went from 8-9 jobs playing and having fun, to two capped master level jobs, two 20ish master lvl (probably would take years to cap them), and three oh well master levels never gonna be a thing for them. 2-3 jobs got straight up abandoned. What's a potential new player or returnee gonna think when they see the grind (years), welp, too much work no new meaningful content, devs saying game hanging on by a thread, yeah gonna pass. Part of the fun of ffxi is to play multiple jobs... and they are restricting that core draw?

If everyone started using their flags and seacoms like the old days the grind might be funner, but its all insular and exclusive.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-12 22:41:20  
Remember all the lv75 cap kids saying the game was too easy and no grind or level progression? Where they at now?? SE keeps catering to them
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-13 04:45:51  
Hopalong said: »
I don't think they are going to make it easier because its not the point to reach the end.

They always make the grind easier in the past though. How long does it take to lv 1 75 job v.s Abyssea era v.s leech pt in escha?

How long does it take to finish JP in 2014(?)/early 2015 v.s CN_S AE pt during CP campaign now?

What is everyone's EP/hr in late 2021 pre CN_S v.s now with CN_S camps?

CP in endgame wasn't even an option before Odyssey. But now it is. It's obvious that the grind always gets easier in the end.

MMO has always been this way, if you want to finish the grind before everyone else, you'll have to spend more time doing it. If you wait for a few years then the actual time investment decreased.

The point of having this grind is hardcore players don't finish everything in a month, get bored and quit. Once most hardcore players are done with ML they'll make it easier so returning player and super casual players can catch up. All these people complaining about ML grind 5 days after release is ridiculous lol. Didn't community complained about "no new content" in FFXI just a month ago? Or they complained about Odyssey too hard and nobody is doing it?

Now they added something that everyone can do, and community complained about the grind again. Geez. It seems like nobody is enjoying the game reading posts on these forums.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-13 04:46:18  
They also keep adding new Apex camps that give far more xp per hour, that make it far easier to obtain Mlevel after each level increase.

The CN(s) camp is why people capped out to 40 in a couple of days.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-13 04:54:03  
RadialArcana said: »
They also keep adding new Apex camps that give far more xp per hour, that make it far easier to obtain Mlevel after each level increase.

The CN(s) camp is why people capped out to 40 in a couple of days.

It's kind of funny reading endless complaints about the grind, then 3 days after ML 40 release people are posting ML40 show off screenshots on Reddit lol. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if 3 months later Asura PUG start shouting "ML40 R15 REMA DD can I have it" and the spot is instantly full in less than a min :p.
By Hopalong 2022-06-13 06:46:28  
Quote:
They always make the grind easier in the past though. How long does it take to lv 1 75 job v.s Abyssea era v.s leech pt in escha?

Yes, but this is a span of years haha. Old days 2004 - Abyssea 2010 - Escha 2015ish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-13 07:23:01  
Obviously there are ways cleave exemplar points at a rate where you can grind out ML 40 relatively quickly, to me the problem is more that for those who don't like cleaving or want to take things more casually it just looks insurmountable. Also we got people worrying about dieing again and losing exemplar points making it harder to put together more questionable groups for ambuscade and stuff.

We've now had a whole series of new content that I know a lot of more casual players who have just said nope to. Odyssey maybe I can talk them into some v0 clears but no more, shinryu was a nope even for many more hardcore players and now master levels.

I think the problem is a lack of more new casual friendly content and alliance content and I really hope empy +2 content helps to meet that need.
[+]
 Asura.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2022-06-13 08:20:56  
Asura.Saevel said: »
We decided to mess around with apex gears and found them a decent camp, 130~150K EP/hr with 2 DD's, 1 GEO, 1 AFK COR and 2 alt bots.

WAR
DRK
GEO
BRD
COR
RDM

Each DD multi-steps their own mobs, single cogs die pretty quickly, triple can be a bit due to their higher stats.

This is where I did my M40 push. DDx2, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM. I tended to focus one down because Restoral is an absolute pig for breaking the chain when soloing mobs. Stable around 230k/hour.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-13 08:38:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Obviously there are ways cleave exemplar points at a rate where you can grind out ML 40 relatively quickly, to me the problem is more that for those who don't like cleaving or want to take things more casually it just looks insurmountable. Also we got people worrying about dieing again and losing exemplar points making it harder to put together more questionable groups for ambuscade and stuff.

We've now had a whole series of new content that I know a lot of more casual players who have just said nope to. Odyssey maybe I can talk them into some v0 clears but no more, shinryu was a nope even for many more hardcore players and now master levels.

I think the problem is a lack of more new casual friendly content and alliance content and I really hope empy +2 content helps to meet that need.

Job points were far worse and you had to cap those because they were so powerful. When I came back it took me over 4-5 months to cap one job. Mlevel ultimately are just an extension of Job points, and you can do those casually just fine.

When I came back I was really casual, and I loved working on my job points every day. Mlevels are the same.

As for Mlevel down, use RR items or don't worry about it. I death warp quite a lot, who cares. It's not like back in the day when a level down meant you had no pants on or you lose new ability.

Shinryu honestly was poorly implemented because they didn't put better lockouts on it, when you allow certain players to spam something they will spam it (this is why they increased the merit req later). When they have spammed it 100 times in a couple of days they will be angry they don't have all the items, in a way they won't be quite so angry if they did it twice a day for a month and don't have them.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-13 08:49:22  
Shinryu honestly was poorly implemented because they didn't put better lockouts on it, when you allow certain players to spam something they will spam it (this is why they increased the merit req later). When they have spammed it 100 times in a couple of days they will be angry they don't have all the items, in a way they won't be quite so angry if they did it twice a day for a month and don't have them.

Haha... probably won't even have one rarer item after 100 runs, let's be real. Shinryu is absurd.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-13 08:50:59  
Asura.Akkarinn said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

WAR
DRK
GEO
BRD
COR
RDM

This is where I did my M40 push. DDx2, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM. I tended to focus one down because Restoral is an absolute pig for breaking the chain when soloing mobs. Stable around 230k/hour.

Only 230K, we got 521K the other day.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-13 09:47:23  
Afania said: »
They always make the grind easier in the past though
Even Odyssey was made much easier to get RP and even segments pretty quickly after release.

In time I would think ML will be easier to get.
 Quetzalcoatl.Indylecia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Indalecia
By Quetzalcoatl.Indylecia 2022-06-13 10:15:25  
What the actual blueberry *** did I come back to?
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-13 10:24:43  
Prediction for Master Level 50
 Sylph.Ketsui
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-06-13 12:43:18  

YouTube Video Placeholder

I must say, this is fkn hilarious. Not being able to evade the full dispel anymore sucks a bit, but then again, its just DI.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-06-14 11:03:30  
Where is Empyrean+2?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-14 11:06:09  
Starbucks said: »
Where is Empyrean+2?
Check back tomorrow
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-14 11:35:15  
Starbucks said: »
Where is Empyrean+2?
July
By RadialArcana 2022-06-14 11:38:45  
Isn't emp2 coming from the new endgame content linked to the end of VR? if so it's going to be a lot further away than july.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-14 11:54:02  
Isn't emp2 coming from the new endgame content linked to the end of VR? if so it's going to be a lot further away than july.

They said July was a target date for new battle content for Empyrean +2, but +3 was further out. I seem to recall mention of +3 coming late this year, but could be confusing it with something else.

Prime weapons are at the end of VR, which we're 50% done with. My expectation is you'll see ML40 (this month) -> Empyrean +2 -> ML50 (Nov per SE) -> Empyrean +3 (this seems more questionable) -> Odyssey v25 -> Prime Weapons. Maybe they'll shove v25 between ML40 and ML50, but I would expect them to space it out a bit more.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-14 14:17:56  
They said that both +2 and +3 are planned for July.
By gunn 2022-06-14 14:33:21  
Quote:
In other battle content news, we're finally going to bring you Empyrean weapon reforging in two separate version updates—one in summer, and one in winter. Odyssey will also see increases to the Vengeance cap, and we're going to keep increasing the maximum Master Level as well.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/19466/detail.html
Guess weapons is a typo for the armor.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-14 14:36:03  
Hmm, I see. I was going off of what they said in the livestream, but a post on playonline is probably more likely to be accurate.

Though I suppose it's possible (if unlikely) that it might be something like +2/3 in July and augments in winter.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-14 15:48:09  
Well, the lie part of July is accurate

it's been "soon" for what, 4 years?

What's another month, right. (and another month) ((And another month))
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-14 16:27:53  

Emp+2 is from new content in Ra'kaznar and probably has nothing to do with TVR.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-14 16:33:12  
New emp armor will have a set bonus of Exemplar Points +10% per piece worn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-14 20:55:42  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Emp+2 is from new content in Ra'kaznar and probably has nothing to do with TVR.

I feel that way too but it's the gate to the underworld...so probably something.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10