2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-10 04:43:26  
This will have the (unintended?) consequence of getting rid of a lot of bots.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 04:45:56  
Lili said: »
This will have the (unintended?) consequence of getting rid of a lot of bots.

For a day? They will just move bots to front?
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 04:58:21  
Quote:
The graphics of the notorious monsters Mimas and Eurytos have been adjusted.

Retextured?

Quote:
"Terror and WARP if you proc a Spike Flail".
Why even bother with Terror if you're getting warped?

Stop you running out of range.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 05:08:59  
RadialArcana said: »
Stop you running out of range.

?? you got terrored and warp at the same time. It's not terror before you get hit XD Also Spike Fail is almost instant right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-06-10 05:17:20  
Weren't we told the items for +2 empy items would be around in this patch?
By Draylo 2022-06-10 05:17:49  
Just a troll from the devs
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 05:19:03  
Looks like some new club weapons in the next login, one with music or something as an added effect.

It's quite cool they changed the textures of Mimas and Eurytos, Eurytos now has a WOTG viking helm on and Mimas has the body scars/tatoos.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 05:27:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

The only dates about empy +2 I have seen were "summer" and "July". Where have you seen "June"?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 05:31:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

Wouldn't it make sense these items would be from the "new endgame content" that would come at the end of the missions?
By zigzagzig 2022-06-10 05:39:37  
So MUCH full of Nothing .....

and plenty of it!

Overload of new and long waited stuffs....

SE working hard as usual !
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 06:22:01  
zigzagzig said: »
So MUCH full of Nothing .....

and plenty of it!

Overload of new and long waited stuffs....

SE working hard as usual !

What are you expecting from a random monthly update exactly? they added a new story mission with a fight and cut-scenes, they fixed an issue players had been angry about, they swapped some graphic models around (which is pretty minor but is till appreciated), made some new login items and changed ambu around.

This is about as good as it gets from a random monthly update.
By gargurty 2022-06-10 06:36:09  
they should stop giving us random lev1 lockstyle items. Just give something useable like maybe a copper voucher or something. But not these stupid lev 1 items that will be tossed or clog the inventory till ye can store it and never look at again.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 06:41:16  
gargurty said: »
they should stop giving us random lev1 lockstyle items. Just give something useable like maybe a copper voucher or something. But not these stupid lev 1 items that will be tossed or clog the inventory till ye can store it and never look at again.

Pffff that blue coat is awesome lockstyle for my BLU. I like it so much that I wont even care for -1 inventory
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-10 07:07:35  
Just give something useable like maybe a copper voucher or something.

Don't give them any ideas! The first two years of Deeds of Heroism had amazing rewards, then the repeatable year after that was almost nothing but copper vouchers.
By Afania 2022-06-10 07:09:46  
The spike flail adjustment is dumb as ***. Warp, seriously?

Gonna thank Asura for making this move even worse than before for everybody else! You will be remembered. ;<
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 07:24:27  
It's a deterrent from coming back.

ANYTHING they picked, an *** could just keep doing it. Terror wears off. Instant death can be raised. Full Debuff, lul. Single target damage is fine, BUT, then you can efficiently tank it with no threat. Warp, your dumb *** has to do the walk of shame, and maybe miss your points entirely.

(BUT! Can they Mireu move? If you can stand out of range and pull hate, you can turn it, drop hate and cause other people to get warped.)
((Not, "is it programmed to move" Can it, period, by clipping up and causing the mob to relocate))
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-06-10 07:27:39  
SimonSes said: »

Pffff that blue coat is awesome lockstyle for my BLU. I like it so much that I wont even care for -1 inventory

Same my Taru GEO might stop being a pink mandy for a change
By Teuphist 2022-06-10 07:28:05  
Afania said: »

Gonna thank Asura for making this move even worse than before for everybody else! You will be remembered. ;<

Got nothing to worry about if you're not the person causing it. What's bad about that for everyone else?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-06-10 07:51:53  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If you're made of paper to the point of getting killed by possibly the weakest iteration of Spike Flail ever put into this game then changing the aoe dmg to a 10-20% max hp hit was already sufficient for those 3. Flail was 100% the faster less annoying method for anyone with even basic equipment.

Can't wait for the next thing people *** about to be getting terror'd for the whole fight and not getting any credit instead. Keep the tears coming, maybe eventually they'll just give you the points for logging on.
I mean if you can't live through the mechanics of some of the weakest mobs in the game then why be in at all? Going by your logic people should just get a cheese baby mode for everything so they can do it in any equipment. Keep the tears coming about spike flail bots for some points that aren't hard to get even when terror'd which last 3 to 10 seconds in even basic equipment. Less annoying way is just easy way of saying I don't wanna do a simple fight the right way.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-06-10 07:54:46  
Teuphist said: »

Got nothing to worry about if you're not the person causing it. What's bad about that for everyone else?

I mean, I used to flail every DI dragon but Mireu, and no one died. There was actually plenty of people there too. Let me guess… the flails from a 119 mob were killing you?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-10 07:57:44  
Teuphist said: »

It's an objectively bad change for the 3 minor dragons, because their flails were totally unthreatening (and, thus, actually beneficial to cause), and this'll also have the unintended effect of hurting NIN against them (since Innin's crit bonus encourages attack from behind).

Mireu was the only dragon who needed to be adjusted. I admire the cheekiness of attaching warp to Mireu's flail, but doing so for the minor dragons is just dumb.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-10 08:10:51  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also, I’m almost certain the dragons can’t turn to faces players; they are always stationary. Therefore, any flail is intentional.

Yep no more of someone standing behind them and wiping everyone's trusts and then having so many dead regular players. Personally I think it should of been warp + death and maybe throw in a forced disconnect, but I guess they are trying to be nice.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 08:23:06  
I would of just changed it to charm and terror, honestly that would of been more amusing than warp.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-10 08:29:59  
RadialArcana said: »
I would of just changed it to charm and terror, honestly that would of been more amusing than warp.

Well I think their goal is to stop people from flailing dragons. Spike Flail is a punishment mechanic, you do the fight "wrong" and you get hit with this powerful attack. People figured out that they could play in such a way that negates the danger of that attack and use it to break the monsters AI.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 08:44:11  
Asura.Disclai said: »
Mireu was the only dragon who needed to be adjusted. I admire the cheekiness of attaching warp to Mireu's flail, but doing so for the minor dragons is just dumb.

I would guess it works like this:

An NM crab that uses bubble shower, doesn't have a specific ability created for it. They just use the generic data for bubble shower all crabs use. It just does more dmg based on the monsters stats.

DI dragons were setup to all use a specific DI dragon ability listing on the server to calculate dmg / debuffs, so setting up a totally new Mieru only ability list at this point would of been a huge PITA.

So the changes affect them all, even though it's not needed on the lower ones.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 08:46:13  
It's much simpler than that. They literally don't know the difference. They can't tell that Quetz Azi and Naga flails are harmless. (That whole not playing the damn game thing)

Also, stops them from becoming an issue, preemptively.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 08:51:44  
Saevel your avatar is broken, sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 08:53:51  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's much simpler than that. They literally don't know the difference. They can't tell that Quetz Azi and Naga flails are harmless. (That whole not playing the damn game thing)

Also, stops them from becoming an issue, preemptively.

It doesn't happen a lot, but I 100% agree with Eiryl here.
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 08:56:31  
Asura.Saevel said: »
People figured out that they could play in such a way that negates the danger of that attack and use it to break the monsters AI.

We zerg mobs for more than a decade now to break AI and I haven't seen any adjustments elsewhere. Eiryl is 100% right here.
By Teuphist 2022-06-10 09:02:09  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

I mean, I used to flail every DI dragon but Mireu, and no one died. There was actually plenty of people there too. Let me guess… the flails from a 119 mob were killing you?
Flails weren't killing me or the player base on any of the regular NMs, it was Mireu that people were particularly coming out to do it to on Asura, which would cause wipes.
It's kind of laughable that people actually think players on Asura were having this kind of difficulty on the lower NMs.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10