users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 283 284 285 ... 424 425 426
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-20 13:11:44  
I want a Sheol D. Same segs as C but instead of lustreless scales/hides/wings, gimme dat lustreless EP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-05-20 13:44:44  
I would kill for like a endless wave Sheol D

Start the fight and - Talk to the moggle then Einhajar Sheol Begins
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-05-20 14:42:51  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Garrison!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-05-20 17:53:33  
I would take that...

Then they should do like Moogle Commentor like a sports event

"Next wave of mobs are Puks, Kupo... Hope they brought their sunglasses"

"Kupo, Seems like a Behemoth as entered the Fray. I hope our fellow adventures are ready"

"White mage down, Kupo... I wonder if they can still pull out a win"
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-20 18:04:14  

Also make it an independent loot pool, like WoE, with server-wide access to the one instance. That way solo players and vets can get segments and are encouraged to work together.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-05-20 19:14:05  
Odin.Senaki said: »

Also make it an independent loot pool, like WoE, with server-wide access to the one instance. That way solo players and vets can get segments and are encouraged to work together.

Horde mode walk of echoes seems to be what y'all are triangulating.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 21:33:28  
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-05-20 21:43:51  
Err, am I reading this wrong? Doesn't look like a confirmation, just more of the same carrot on a stick. Intentional misrepresenting of information. Matsui was just being polite, vague, and essentially noninformative.

Is anyone feeling the same as I am though, that Matsui's nostalgia (and likely wanting to continue as a highly paid employee) keeps representing the intention to continue. How old is that bloke anyways?

I'm gonna go ahead and say that we should be on the lookout to see if he ever is training a successor publicly. Otherwise, Matsui leaving could be the death knell of ffxi?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-20 21:46:30  
It's just more of the same ***.

It's up until it's not. They'll say 50 years one day and turn it off 24 hours later. Every word they say is worthless.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-20 21:49:02  
"they are planning the 30th anniversary"

lmao mother *** they didnt even plan the 20th
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-05-20 21:54:25  
Their planning how to kill the game off.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-05-20 22:04:18  
Quote:

Pinky Player
"What are we going to do tonight Matsui Brain?"

"Just like last night, Tonight we are going to kill the game!"
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-20 22:15:08  
Asura.Topace said: »

We celebrated the 20th anniversary of FFXI. They celebrated the 15th anniversary of still making money trying to kill it.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 22:18:54  
Hopalong said: »
I'm gonna go ahead and say that we should be on the lookout to see if he ever is training a successor publicly. Otherwise, Matsui leaving could be the death knell of ffxi?
I think Director Fujito leaving the project would make the largest dent. He is the most familiar with the game at large and has been full-time on the game for the longest stretch of time. He's also the staff member in charge of coordinating with outside labor.

My assumption is that Fujito leaving would be as detrimental as when former Director Mizuko Ito left a year after Rhapsodies.

I/we don't know enough about the other team members to guess if they're up to replacing him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-05-21 14:02:52  
Quote:
A completely new place like the crawler's nest [S] is difficult, but I think there is a possibility that, for example, we will renovate an area where no one is visiting now and somehow make it a hunting ground.
They could start by making more camps less dumb. The Apex Bat camp in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court has umbrils in the corners and has a freaking Vampyr in the middle, though I have no idea if it can charm. I'm not about to find out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-05-21 14:15:44  
Ragnarok.Casey said: »
Quote:
A completely new place like the crawler's nest [S] is difficult, but I think there is a possibility that, for example, we will renovate an area where no one is visiting now and somehow make it a hunting ground.
They could start by making more camps less dumb. The Apex Bat camp in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court has umbrils in the corners and has a freaking Vampyr in the middle, though I have no idea if it can charm. I'm not about to find out.

The Vampyr can't charm but it can use Eternal Damnation (Doom). The Corses there can charm, however.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-05-21 14:21:37  
Ragnarok.Casey said: »
Quote:

Yes after making several decent camps, they totally screwed Inner Raz up by mixing really dumb mobs in with normal mobs. Thankfully both Promy and Crawlers Nest [S] were really well done, along with Alzadaal Undersea Ruin. Thought that last one really is for SC/MB parties. Hopefully the next area will be similar to Crawlers Nest [S] in design.

Note that Crawlers Nest [S] is not a new area, it was a previously empty area that had a wall blocking access. You could still clipper through that wall and go look at a completely empty area, same with the other two Campaign base camps. All they had to do was fill the are with mobs, then remove the barrier.

They aren't trying to "kill the game off", FFXI is a big cash cow for them and they will continue running it as long as it's producing income.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-21 14:23:23  
The apex mobs in ra'kaznar aren't a big deal for manual parties. They have extra cp multipliers and are great to mix in if you can do so without breaking chain. Problem is, everyone is botting their CP/EP and wants a place that's afk-friendly and has nothing threatening.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-05-21 14:38:47  
they should have more ironclads that spawn in random locations, easiest way to clear out the bots
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-21 14:45:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
they should have more ironclads that spawn in random locations, easiest way to clear out the bots

In theory, yeah, there should be things like that.

In reality, a bot pup holds them literally forever as they're unkillable.

(they should just actually stop bots cause that's much easier and a lot less stupid than making purposely shitty camps) If every camp is good, and there are more camps, then it doesn't matter if there are bots at some of them, the issue is there are bots at ALL of them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-21 15:13:35  
Bet the new "dark relics" are the bonanza weapons built with a *** load of grind or credit card.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-21 15:39:43  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Bet the new "dark relics" are the bonanza weapons built with a *** load of grind or credit card.

There are called "Dark Relics" for a reason.. They look like relics, but in dark color, which clearly means they are not Bonanza weapons.
Also there was nothing in this game, that you was building with credit card and probably will not ever happen, unless you mean multiboxing multiplying rewards sometimes.

I fully understand some justified crying about state of FFXI, but posts like yours look like seeking attention by writing anything that goes well with current popular opinion on forum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-21 15:50:58  
Ok my dude, was just a guess, be calm my man. CC progress was strictly meant to mean the upgrades could be bought amongst other players, ergo bust out the CC to buy gil/mats to make it faster.

And yes a CC will build your remas much faster than good ol boy grinding, been that way since like 1-2 years after the game was released.

Someone's a bit salty and digging into my comment hardcore.

"Dark relics" are gonna be relic clones? C'mon.... They'll be fairly original, and any base REMA weapon doesn't even closely resemble their final form.

So.. your speculation is just about as relevant as mine.... Calm down son.

I am just hoping that there is a path to a yagyu that ain't *** bonanza, sorry for hoping.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-05-21 15:54:15  
SE have been talking microtransactions and minifying games. Wouldn't surprise me if they added a buy option for next set of shinies. Anyone that believes they wouldn't make tons of money from it doesn't understand human nature.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-21 15:57:11  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
"Dark relics" are gonna be relic clones? C'mon.... They'll be fairly original, and any base REMA weapon doesn't even closely resemble their final form.

So.. your speculation is just about as relevant as mine.... Calm down son.
The Dark Relics are a part of the storyline in VR, and we've already seen them. What he's saying isn't really speculation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-21 16:20:04  
Except the only thing you've seen of the darks is in cutscenes, and you haven't seen the whole gambit of the weapon type models, and you haven't seen a single stat attached to them. So... Speculation running rampant, they could be exactly the same as bonanza weapons, just a different skin even.

Y'all pretend you know exactly what's going on before it even happens and that has always cracked me up about AH.

Their final skin, can be different from their base, proven by previous weapons. People are pissed off royally that bonanza weapons are locked to bonanza, ergo it's possible for them to release a variant of these dark relics that have the same function as the ambu (edit bonanza not ambu) weapons (or similar potency).

This is just speculation, but feel free to flame me off your high horse of perceived sense superior for knowledge of the future.

I'll be fine with admitting I was wrong when they release the final form, I am hoping they give us a path toward those weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-21 16:21:50  
Is it literally impossible? No, but that doesn't mean it's not SUCH a small chance that it can be discounted in light of what we know. Not every prediction is made equal.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-21 16:28:31  
Btw as a side note once these come out, REMA's will become REMAD and I can't help but to giggle at that acronym.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-21 16:30:49  
Or rather REMA(dark relics) remadr hahah
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-21 16:40:47  
They already said these are called Prime weapons though. Not “Dark Relics”. So yeah.

But, we already did have a “D” weapon with the Su5 Dynamis Divegence line. Which lots of people already worked into the acronym, usuallt as “DREAM”.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 283 284 285 ... 424 425 426