言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 428 429 430
By Manque 2022-05-20 01:42:59  
Comments from ODY portion Your text to link here...

I just see a lot of people who probably haven't even done the content talking about how they can't get into it yet. Sense more frustration from the community about how strong the equip. is.

• オデシーの上限か… - Ahh, raising the cap on Odyssey

• Ⅴ25は既定路線か - V25 is gunna be added

• あー、あがっちまうか - they're raisin it up!

• デシーはエンドコンテンツ、知ってる - Odyssey, yeah, end-game, I know.

• もういいよこれ - i've had enough of this already

• ​枠が増える?! - more slots?!

• V20もつらいのに - V20 is tough as it is...

• ニャメ最強はもうやめて・・・ - no more enhancement of Nyame please...

• オデシー取っつき辛くてまだやれてない・・・ - it's hard to get into Odyssey so I haven't been able to do it yet...

• 4枠目ですとー!! - Up to 4 slots!!

• 突入上限の緩和お願いします - Please soften the entry requirements

• オデシーはほんとに廃人向けだから気にしないで良 - Odyssey is for *explitive* so no need to pay attention to this.

• オデシーはずっと6人制限なのかなあ… - I wonder if it will always remain 6 ppl content.

• ジェールはもういいよ… - Tired of Geol.

• オデシーやってないなあ・・・- Haven't done any Odyssey...

• オデシーは全然やってねーやー - haven't done Odyssey. at. all.

• デシー装備、良いんだけど強すぎる気がする - It's fine I guess but I feel that Ody equip is already too strong as it is

• はいひとむけかぁ - for the end-gamers

• ​オデシー18人コンテンツにしようぜ - let's make Ody 18man content!

• 下のvengの緩和はございませんの - no adjustment to the lower veng?

• Veng20でかなり面倒なんだよね - doing Veng20 is already quite the chore isn't it

• オデシー興味ないなぁ、、 - not interested in Ody

• オデシー装備盛りすぎてて逆に欲しくならない - Actually, Ody gear is just too much and I don't want to deal with it.

• ニャメ揃えたらあとはMLしかやることな・・・ - Only thing after getting Nyame is doing master levels I guess

• ソロには無理や - Not possible solo eh

• RP貯められる上限あげてえ;; - raise the cap for how much RP we can get ;;

• オデシー 面白くないなぁ - Odyssey isn't any fun.

• ​オデシーは格差生みまくってるコンテンツ - Odyssey is content that creates disparity/inequality

• オデシー 面白くないなぁ - Odyssey isn't any fun.

• ムボゼがホント倒せない - Can't take down Mboze.

• オデシー乗り遅れると追い付けん - if you didn't get into Odyssey soon enough it's hard to approach it

• 格差はほんと感じるね - yes, you can really feel a gap... (replying to above comment above disparity)

• オデシー新規が追いつけませんですよ - Newer people can't get into Odyssey

• ジェーエルの敵強い;; - The Geol enemies are strong

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-20 01:48:53  
The sentiment in chat doesn't necessarily mirrors perfectly the sentiment of all the JP community BUT I guess it's something to think about.

Hopefully they will do something, if not to the newly to be added V25 at least to the previous 20 ranks.
There's so many small & big things they could do about it and it's a shame they haven't been doing anything at all so far.
[+]
By Manque 2022-05-20 01:55:36  
Just a bunch of ***slingers like you lot.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-20 03:00:10  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The sentiment in chat doesn't necessarily mirrors perfectly the sentiment of all the JP community BUT I guess it's something to think about.

Take it for what it is; the opinions of people who cared to show up to the anniversary event and be active in chat. Of the other comments I've seen only a few people disliked it. The rest were people who weren't going to bother with it because it's overly complicated.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-20 04:46:37  
Supposing it's not just a bunch of whiners but a lot of JP players do share in some form or to some degree those sentiments, then SE will be sorta forced to acknowledge it and do something about it.

Long due, if you ask me.
The higher difficulty levels of V20 only exacerbated further the issues that were within the content from day 1.
V25 will only make that worse.
Furthermore you have to consider the constantly increasing gap between the latest content and people who haven't even started it.
Things like these usually kill any sort of motivation to even try to start it.
Whereas if SE were to do something to ease up the requirements to participate in the content I'm sure a lot of people would start being interested in it.

It does make sense, content isn't new anymore, and with new higher difficulties being released it's pretty common sense to ease up the previous tiers someway, somehow.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 04:51:31  
Another great interview coming from the new Famitsu featuring XI on the cover, largely about endgame content and recent adjustments. Among many things, Matsui reveals they will be giving access to Foil through MLs. Everyone will ignore this and continue repeating the same ***quality posts as they have for the past two weeks, so carry on.

Seun said: »
Take it for what it is; the opinions of people who cared to show up to the anniversary event and be active in chat.

No doubt many players stuck to their usual communities/Discords while it was going on. It was useless trying to follow chat at the frequency that was occurring. It had as much garbage noise as AH does these days. Stuck to WTF Discord, JP twitter, and randomly posting things here that night myself.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-20 05:17:50  
Auto translation of imo most important parts

Master Levels and possibly future job adjustments
Quote:
but from now on, we have decided to improve the character's abilities vertically and then make adjustments for each job again.

New EP camps and Master Levels cap. SJ abilities considered in balancing process
Quote:
A new hunting ground will also be implemented
Quote:
We plan to raise the upper limit to 40 in June and 50 in November, which we consider to be a cap. This will limit the number of support jobs to 59, and you will be able to use "foil" when you turn a support job into a magic swordfighter. The performance of Knight's "Support Magic Sword" should improve considerably, so it is a part where you have to check the balance with the professional magic swordfighter.
Quote:
A completely new place like the crawler's nest [S] is difficult, but I think there is a possibility that, for example, we will renovate an area where no one is visiting now and somehow make it a hunting ground.

Future battle content difficulty
Quote:
First of all, battle content does not assume a job master. However, becoming a job master and raising the master level are just as strong as equipping equipment.

New battlefields, no new area and why.
Quote:
We're also preparing some new battlefields this time, but we're not implementing the new areas.
Quote:
In "Vana Deal's Star Song," we added three areas: Escha-Zi'tah, Escha-Ru'aun, and Reisenjima, but in the end, people concentrated on Reisenjima. rice field. People are concentrated in online games, but I want to avoid all scenarios and battles there. Regarding the battlefield, there is an advantage that it is less likely to be a problem even if it gets a little crowded because it basically adopts a layer area (instance).

Prime weapons
Quote:
Prime Weapons will first be obtained as the story progresses. It's about getting people to understand what a prime weapon is like through a story, and then ... Prime Weapon was originally called "Black Relic" in development. The reason why it was named Prime Weapon becomes clear as the story progresses. In any case, you can't get it without advancing the "Eclipse Embryo", so I hope you can continue to do so.

TVR neck rewards and having QA team
Quote:
We all discuss and decide on rewards, but the QA (Quality Assurance) team sometimes complained, "I'm not happy with this kind of performance?" (Laughs). For them, finding bugs is their main task, but pointing out from the player's point of view is also an important task.
Quote:
We also ask the QA team, "Is it delicious for the players?" I trust that the QA team also has all the members who have played "FFXI" for many years.

About additional storage being said to be impossible in the past, but still happening. Also how they changed loading of inventory
Quote:
What I don't want you to misunderstand is that "impossible" has not changed in us. As has always been the case, it takes a considerable amount of time for all the belongings in the storage to be displayed after the area change. This waiting time is already the limit for us, and it can be achieved if the players can tolerate it no matter how long it takes ... That was the level. However, lack of storage is a serious problem for today's players, and it's true that it's divisible by that. After that, I was able to confirm that the entire game system would not collapse, so I decided to implement it.
Quote:
That's right. Until now, after the area change, the equipment screen and item list could not be opened until the download of the possessed items was completed. It was a safety consideration because there was a possibility of an accident depending on the timing of item use and selection. After thoroughly verifying the safety, we managed to release it in the order of download, and managed to reduce the specifications to the implementation level so as not to burden the player as much as possible.

V25 Odyssey
Quote:
When the next Veng upper limit is opened, we have prepared elements that will lead to the motivation to "challenge because there is this".

About Shinryu low drop rate
Quote:
It is a high-ranking mission battlefield "★ Shinryu" that was implemented in July 2021, but it seems that the drop of weapons and armor is very astringent. Is there any mechanism to increase the drop rate?

Matsui After all, the reward is high performance, so we adjust it with the acquisition probability commensurate with it. On the other hand, when we raised the required merit points to 30, we also revised the drop rate upward. Some people say, "I feel like it hasn't changed," but it's set exactly as expected.

Fujito Battlefield is basically a difficult place because once you get the equipment, it's over and no one will go anymore. Do you want to increase the drop rate instead of making the enemy very strong, or make the battle moderately difficult and reduce the acquisition rate? In this "★ Shinryu", we are trying to narrow down the probability in consideration of the performance of the reward.

About significantly increasing cap of Ambsucade Armor's upgrade items you can get per month
Quote:
but the equipment available in the end contents in the future will be considerably higher performance. Therefore, I would like you to quickly strengthen the armor of Ambassade and challenge the end content.

About making EP easier to acquire
Quote:
Many people who have experienced raising the master level should think, but are there any plans for a campaign to increase the amount of Exemplar points earned?

Fujito : I have no plans to do that. Experience bonuses such as rings are also intentionally excluded. The only thing that Corsair's Roll affects the amount you earn, but it's more natural due to the nature of the ability, so I'm leaving it as it is. Regarding the amount of acquisition follow-up, we are considering using some items in the future.

Why they don't want to make buffs for all Trusts, but only tweak specific Trusts
Quote:
Trusts are not designed for situations that require so much combat ability, so at the moment we are not thinking about strengthening it uniformly. However, as you said, the characters are getting stronger and stronger, so if there is something good to do ...

Fujito : Trusts are made to get rid of the lack of manpower when you want to do something, so if you make it dramatically stronger, on the contrary, you only need the face. It can also be. It's very difficult to adjust, but the consistent policy is that trusts shouldn't be too strong. Since "FFXI" is an MMORPG, basically the end content is a party, which is the part I want to protect.

Matsui Just like Valenlar, it is possible that job adjustments will be made to partially strengthen certain faces.

About future in general
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Please tell us about Vana'diel in the future.

Matsui : Some of the content I told you that I will deliver to you during the 20th anniversary has not been implemented yet. For the past year, I will do my best to have fun with the implementation. I hope all the adventurers will enjoy this 20th anniversary together.

Fujito : In the three-year plan announced in 2019, he said, "'FFXI' will continue to be in service until 2022," so he said, "Maybe the service will end in 2022 !?" Some may have been worried. However, as Mr. Matsui said earlier, it seems that the superiors of the company are saying, "I want you to continue," so I think that worry is not for the time being. However, it is not safe without doing anything, and what I have to do and what I should focus on to continue "FFXI" is always a challenge for me. If I had spent such days, I think that "FFXI" will continue to move, with a feeling like "that? 30th anniversary !?" We are just celebrating our 20th anniversary. Now, I would like to do my best, including the completion of the "Eclipse Embryo".
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 05:25:25  
SimonSes said: »
I think context matters for some of the things you pasted. I encourage people to just read it for themselves and not lazily expect someone to give them the quick run down.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-20 05:38:16  
The part about Exemplar Points sounds a bit... contradictory?
First they say they don't have the slighest intention to release EP campaigns or items or means to ease the gain rate of EP.
Then he says they have intention to use some items in the future.

Wat.
I mean, didn't he just contradict himself with the last sentence? Maybe it's a matter of a bad autotranslation I dunno
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 06:14:48  
The part about Exemplar Points sounds a bit... contradictory?
First they say they don't have the slighest intention to release EP campaigns or items or means to ease the gain rate of EP.
Then he says they have intention to use some items in the future.

Wat.
I mean, didn't he just contradict himself with the last sentence? Maybe it's a matter of a bad autotranslation I dunno
I believe he meant they weren't going to change the default rate or the rising TNLs and that they plan on rings or boost items in the future.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-20 06:15:52  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
I think context matters for some of the things you pasted. I encourage people to just read it for themselves and not lazily expect someone to give them the quick run down.

I added context. I haven't done that at start because I had no time and kinda wanted people to interpret things on their own, but I guess I might be confused about something myself, so people can now point me that, knowing how I understand it.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 06:17:42  

I added context. I haven't done that at start because I had no time and kinda wanted people to interpret things on their own, but I guess I might be confused about something myself, so people can now point me that, knowing how I understand it.

You are not the dev giving the answers, sir. Your "added context" here is ***and means nothing. It's still lacking necessary context, especially when it's the output of machine translation.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-20 06:22:59  

You are not the dev giving the answers, sir. Your "added context" here is ***and means nothing.

What the *** is your problem, sir?
I only added context of question or what they are talking about, not context of the meaning they have in answer. You are really trying force people to go read everything for some reason, aren't you? My round down doesn't block anyone to go read everything. Stop being aggressive and mind your own business.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-05-20 06:29:30  
Listening to Spicy drivel for hours on end will do that to a person.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 06:35:57  
I only added context of question or what they are talking about, not context of the meaning they have in answer. You are really trying force people to go read everything for some reason, aren't you? My round down doesn't block anyone to go read everything. Stop being aggressive and mind your own business.
I am tired of this community shoveling half-*** posts and misinformation like this. Your lack of actual context on many of these points will lead to more confusion. Yes, people should just read the damned thing themselves.

Fenrir.Svens said: »

Thanks for your on-topic and high quality post that contributes. A+
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-20 07:06:45  

We literally just had a full page of discussion regarding suspected parroting. I could have paraphrased what was said, but instead I pointed to where to find the source. That way you're not reading my version of what was said, you're reading an actual transcript. Despite that, people are still trying to spin what was actually said...

Either use a link or a full and complete quote, don't paraphrase. We didn't need the cliffnotes, but thank you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-20 07:24:26  
Seun said: »
Either use a link or a full and complete quote, don't paraphrase. We didn't need the cliffnotes, but thank you.

What paraphrases? Those are direct quotes from interview, just using google auto translation. Only words I corrected was names of Escha zones and Reisenjima and Face->Trusts.
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-20 07:37:10  
I am tired of this community shoveling half-*** posts and misinformation like this. Your lack of actual context on many of these points will lead to more confusion. Yes, people should just read the damned thing themselves.

Thanks for your on-topic and high quality post that contributes. A+

The mis/disinformation crisis has even hit FFXI, my God! Can we get some fact checkers up in here? I rate your posts 5 pinocchios and call on the US Federal Government and Home Land Security to intervene.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-20 08:01:52  
Simon's post was fine.

It's an auto-translation so that should be taken with a grain of salt, but none of the answers are transformed by the context of the rest of the interview. Read the rest if you're inclined, but that is indeed the gist of what people around here would care about.

As for what I think:

* Their answer for the Shinryu HTBF drop rate is as absurd as the drop rate. The drop rate being so laughably low is what's causing no one to run the HTBF. Increase the droprate by as much as 10x and it'd still be a serious grind, especially for people who can't solo VD, but it would actually incentivize people to do the HTBF rather than waiting for AMAN yells instead. Or, you know, pull a Lilith and actually add an interesting mechanic that adjusts how you approach the fight and engage with its challenges in order to open new slots. Anything would be better.

* If they're really not even considering so much as one new Reisenjima-esque area for the end of TVR, that more than anything else limits my hope for XI's future. New battlefield content is all well and good -- certainly needed -- but I think a major thing that's leading to people's listlessness is just having no new non-battlefield areas to explore or hang out in. One area and the associated content would, at the very least, be a breath of fresh air for people, and get them excited more than whatever battle content they're repurposing in Rakaznar. (God, please don't be as bad as Vagary.)

Nice read aside from those topics.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-20 08:15:22  
Their explanation about Shinryu HTBF low drop rate was to be expected. They said "once you get the gear you won't do it anymore", which is true. The sad part is, the drop rate is so terrible, a lot of people just gave up on it anyways so it eventually met the same end.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-20 08:17:37  
The higher difficulty levels of V20 only exacerbated further the issues that were within the content from day 1.
Furthermore you have to consider the constantly increasing gap between the latest content and people who haven't even started it.
Whereas if SE were to do something to ease up the requirements to participate in the content I'm sure a lot of people would start being interested in it.

I'm not going to disagree overall here, because Odyssey is quite exclusionary to people who fall behind. But, I can also see why SE doesn't want to make it easier, given the strength of rewards and their likely aim of keeping it relevant for years. It is eased up in a way for people who start later, as RP goes up exponentially with vengeance level and you can skip ranks if given opportunity to tag along.

If most of the community has V15 cleared, then it becomes reasonably easy to find one person to enter you on V15 and skip V0 to V10 provided you're able to win. If most of the community has V20 cleared, it becomes relatively easy to get someone to enter you on V20 and skip V0 to V15. You also only need one person to enter you for RP itself. The content will become more accessible over time just because of the way it's designed and how easy they made RP farming with amplifiers.

I think they designed it poorly and the difficulty scaling needs work, but not really sure nerf is the correct choice. Unless the depth and breadth of empyrean reforging content far exceeds my expectations, chasing Odyssey is going to be the final battle content for the foreseeable future.
[+]
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2022-05-20 08:28:22  

I listened to his most recent podcast episode about the anniversary, and I thought it was HILARIOUS that he kept going on about edgelords inflating their importance in FFXI just to feel good about themselves when he is constantly doing the same thing.

He is also blatantly wrong about a bunch of stuff that he says in his podcasts. Like, just objectively incorrect. Plus I end up skipping through half of them anyways because it's a 4 hour podcast with 45 minutes of actual content.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-20 08:43:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Their explanation about Shinryu HTBF low drop rate was to be expected. They said "once you get the gear you won't do it anymore", which is true. The sad part is, the drop rate is so terrible, a lot of people just gave up on it anyways so it eventually met the same end.

It was completely expected, since it was the only explanation short of a numerical error, but that doesn't mean it's not a bad thought process that ironically led to the very outcome they sought to avoid: it being dead content.

If the effective drop rate for Shinryu's better items was even comparable to Lilith's, or if the fight had some mechanism to increase it like hers, the HTBF would see a lot more traffic. Who cares if someone is eventually -- after a long grind -- done with the content? That happens with all content. Simply a bad excuse on their part.

The fact that AMAN is a more reliable source of rarer Crepuscular items than Shinryu itself is nothing short of damning.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-20 08:53:22  
Supposing it's not just a bunch of whiners but a lot of JP players do share in some form or to some degree those sentiments, then SE will be sorta forced to acknowledge it and do something about it.

Long due, if you ask me.

It does make sense, content isn't new anymore, and with new higher difficulties being released it's pretty common sense to ease up the previous tiers someway, somehow.

I think Odyssey in terms of segment farming and Gaol fights are two separate issues.

The Gaol fights, at least for me, are likely accomplishing objectives they wanted out of them. It's forced me to gear at least 3 jobs I probably otherwise wouldn't have, learn them, and play them in a way that (at least for me) hasn't really been common in the past. I do often wonder how the dev team and QA folks beat some of the bosses, though, because some of the strategies seem so niche. The downside, of course, is that this drags out the fights for people without very niche, specific job setups and gear.

The bigger issue IMO is the entrance requirements. You get one KI per day to enter A/B/C, which controls how frequently you can go into Gaol. I've whinged about this incessantly in other posts, but I think they need to do something to allow more people to participate with lower consequences of failure, otherwise players without a regular segment static end up frustrated and there isn't a lot of room for growth/learning. Part of this is because of the way the community sees it, but part is also the way SE has the content setup and how it forces people into such a narrow approach.

All that said, reading the translated interview (provided I read it right), they seem somewhat content with the numbers they are seeing in Gaol. Judging by the number of shouts I see for people selling v20 Bumba (which is the only real metric for who has access I have) compared to people mercing v15 a year ago, it does seem like more people are getting to the upper tiers in Gaol. I see someone new trying to ride that v20 Bumba gil train every few weeks, whereas when v15 was out, it was maybe 2-3 people. Granted, there could be a lot of other reasons for that, but given the only available metric, it shows at least people are clearing the content steadily.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-20 09:01:56  
Asura.Disclai said: »
The fact that AMAN is a more reliable source of rarer Crepuscular items than Shinryu itself is nothing short of damning.

This has always been the point for those of us who complain about Trove droprates and loot pools. I know for me its never been from the angle of "I had to work to get my <insert gear here>, and you just got it for free?" Nope. Its always offended me in a way I had assumed that the developers would be equally offended- that when lottery content is a more reliable source of rewards than the associated content is, that is SE tacitly implying we shouldn't waste our time with that content any more.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-20 09:09:11  
At the least, they could have kept Trove drops to older content and not something fairly recent. Or brand new, desirable and exclusive items...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-20 09:10:05  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
that is SE tacitly implying we shouldn't waste our time with that content any more.

...Which somewhat completely contradicts the application of their statement in Simon's post above, where they said they intentionally set it lower so people WOULDN'T finish the content too quickly and be done with it forever. The fact that people are more likely to sit in town and shout watch for their drop of choice (or just agree to a Trove merc price beforehand with someone) than actually spam the content themselves essentially means the content dies just the same. Even if I buy every drop from Shinryu from a merc, I am still NOT doing the content for the drop, the content still dies the same (to me), lol.

This explanation would have made much more sense if they purposely chose NOT to include Shinryu drops in Trove. Then they could argue "no, go do the content, no freebies".
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-20 09:11:38  
nailed it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 428 429 430