By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-10-27 15:29:32  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
i'd rather just be able to store them on a moogle

To me, the big thing with either of that (or other would-be-nice approaches) is how readily they can be implemented into the game.

Offering an All Jobs cape fits into what's already there. They don't need to rework the slip system to account for duplicates and augments, or find a way to add 22 more wardrobes without it taking five minutes to load after zoning. They just put a 23rd cape on the list, and let players sort out what they want to do with it.
I get peoples' point about it, but min/maxxing people will still keep the majority of the capes they have. if it was only about conserving inventory, people would already be using 1 or 2 less capes per job already. most of the time there is minimal difference between a da and an stp cape, yet people go and make both for some jobs. or a dex and 30 acc cape instead of just using 30 dex / 20 acc which also works on their dex ws.

it would really only let me play jobs i don't care about better, but i don't care about them to begin with.

When content stagnates the way it has in the past 4 years, all we're left with is min/maxxing. Not really too surprising.

We can just toss all our REMA's?? amirite feelsbadman.jpg

naaah, zero feel-bads about it, not even a single second. I never played it well, and now I'm never on a job I hate. Inventory+4 and happiness....win-win.

I mean it was a dig on ya BUT can give you space and something to do!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 15:47:51  
gotta fit that 3rd Rostam somewhere.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-27 17:07:51  
Needs more REMA boomerangs. Throwing skill is such a huge waste of anything besides daken, even then not a make or break sort of feature.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2020-10-27 19:42:14  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Needs more REMA boomerangs. Throwing skill is such a huge waste of anything besides daken, even then not a make or break sort of feature.

I guarantee you will be demolished by a nin with Daken than without Daken
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 19:44:21  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
i'd rather just be able to store them on a moogle

To me, the big thing with either of that (or other would-be-nice approaches) is how readily they can be implemented into the game.

Offering an All Jobs cape fits into what's already there. They don't need to rework the slip system to account for duplicates and augments, or find a way to add 22 more wardrobes without it taking five minutes to load after zoning. They just put a 23rd cape on the list, and let players sort out what they want to do with it.
I get peoples' point about it, but min/maxxing people will still keep the majority of the capes they have. if it was only about conserving inventory, people would already be using 1 or 2 less capes per job already. most of the time there is minimal difference between a da and an stp cape, yet people go and make both for some jobs. or a dex and 30 acc cape instead of just using 30 dex / 20 acc which also works on their dex ws.

it would really only let me play jobs i don't care about better, but i don't care about them to begin with.

When content stagnates the way it has in the past 4 years, all we're left with is min/maxxing. Not really too surprising.

We can just toss all our REMA's?? amirite feelsbadman.jpg

naaah, zero feel-bads about it, not even a single second. I never played it well, and now I'm never on a job I hate. Inventory+4 and happiness....win-win.
sounds like some poor leadership, i have the freedom to go whatever job i want most of the time. i know your ls probably has mules to play brd on
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 20:08:27  
honestly- no. I just leveled a job I never should have, but felt the need if I was going to level it do to so completely.

No need to draw out this side-derail, but I did feel the need to make sure the last comment on it didn't imply "bad leadership" among the shells I have the luxury of running with over the past 2 years.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 20:18:04  
i mean you said you hated the job. whether you had gear for it or not, kind of silly you're forced to play it.
By Torzak 2020-10-27 20:47:28  
but min/maxxing people will still keep the majority of the capes they have. if it was only about conserving inventory, people would already be using 1 or 2 less capes per job already.

Min/Maxers are the ones who need/want an All Jobs Cape the most.

Most of the capes' base stats are pointless in an idle set. So most jobs can share one idle cape. That's potential for a good number of inventory +1s all by itself.

A good number of jobs don't gain anything at all from the base stats in weaponskills, and also don't really gain anything/much for TP phase. These jobs could probably share TP/WS Capes: WHM, RDM, BST, NIN, SMN, GEO, BLM, DRK, BRD, SCH.

Some jobs you get on, and the only thing you're likely to ever Fast Cast is probably Utsusemi or something like a self-cast Warp.

And even if you lose 0.5 to 1% DPS by sharing a cape between two jobs compared to having their own cape, it could be the difference of if you even have a cape available for a job or not due to priorities in your cape building process or your priorities for what you really care to do with that job.
By Rips 2020-10-29 04:22:15  
Voidwatch campaign incoming.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 05:52:19  
Kinda week month.

I was under impression that november was the big set of campaigns together with free week but i guess that will come in december?

Mules needed the goblin stew so i will take that.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 05:58:53  
Will the Abyssea campaign make it easier for me to farm Apademak pops from chests? Well not the KI itself, more like the mats needed to pop Dhorme Khimaira.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 06:28:03  
Neither harder or easier enough to justify doing or not doing it just because its campaign.
By Taint 2020-10-29 06:49:11  
Abysses campaign makes Apa longer. You want 50-75 amber for pop
Mats.

VW campaign is a great deception.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-29 07:33:09  
Wow, November campaigns haven't been this bad in years.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 07:48:43  
Taint said: »
Abysses campaign makes Apa longer. You want 50-75 amber for pop
Mats.
Kill me now, KILL ME.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-29 07:59:55  
abyssea campaign doesn't grant any amber light, just pearl and azure and gold/silver.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 08:30:12  
Campaign to upgrade Empyrean items, clearly it's a sign the Empy reforge are coming!!!!
(lol)
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-29 08:43:40  
Whenever I see a special dial campaign I get the feeling a return home campaign is due.

Pretty sure there will be one in time for this.
By Taint 2020-10-29 09:23:57  
Asura.Kusare said: »
abyssea campaign doesn't grant any amber light, just pearl and azure and gold/silver.

Yeah but its Red/Blue chest galore. You literally want 50-75 amber and 150+ Pearl for Apa spam.

You can always just AH them however.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 09:28:14  
I want more of those free silver vouchers campaign.

And now i have extra four slots to DM campaign, so bring them on
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-29 09:39:03  
Taint said: »
literally want 50-75 amber and 150+ Pearl

Is this the magic number for any ki farming from chests? Minus time extensions of course
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 10:04:49  
Its the border limit where KIs are rare (the real minimum is half max but abyssites cuts that minimum to around 80).

Tbf i dont think there is any solid evidence that the item drops takes that noticeable drop. I believe people just assume KIs takes place of solid items.

But at lower gold limit there also less gold pyxies spawned.

I believe at the end of the day, should be basically the same
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-29 10:08:08  
It's the magic number for farming stuff like boots and and Sisyphus Fragments.

Anymore and you start getting too high tier gold chests and any azure and ruby light makes those chests more likely to spawn instead of gold chests.

Frags and such drop from T3 gold chests iirc and that light range makes all chests 2-4 i think. Something like that. Our abyssea box data is sparse and scattered.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-29 10:11:42  
It also depends on your gold chest KI too.

I tend to stick at 32 amber for pop items like Sissy Frags. But also ebon will overcap you eventually.
By Taint 2020-10-29 11:38:55  
Pantafernando said: »
Its the border limit where KIs are rare (the real minimum is half max but abyssites cuts that minimum to around 80).

Tbf i dont think there is any solid evidence that the item drops takes that noticeable drop. I believe people just assume KIs takes place of solid items.

But at lower gold limit there also less gold pyxies spawned.

I believe at the end of the day, should be basically the same

Once your amber gets too high the pop items like Sis Frags start to get rare. You get lots of augmented items and KIs instead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-29 11:42:46  
If your amber/ebon gets too high, you won't see them at all. Only small gold chests drop Sissy Frags.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-29 12:08:29  
So if I want KIs primarily, cap that amber/pearl away and cleave on?
By Taint 2020-10-29 12:09:42  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So if I want KIs primarily, cap that amber/pearl away and cleave on?

Yes, and if you one-shot mobs they give no lights. You can use this to your advantage.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-29 12:10:19  
Pretty much.

Even then, KI chests are still pretty rare. You might go 3-5 full area clears before you see a KI chest, and it still might be the one you don't want.
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 424 425 426