Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-27 09:17:12  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Asura.Kusare said: »
for now all i'd want is a reason to team up for odyssey, although the money is good just picking coffers, it isn't nearly what it used to be.

All they'd need to add is a couple of direct drops off NMs. Some nice new accessories or whatever and we'd all be flocking to some new content.
But what accessories? I mean, the only slot left that wouldn't cause an outright outrage is waist.

Back? All that time put into Ambu capes gone down the drain, and it will hurt those who are still upgrading.
Neck? Yeah, let's ***on all the crafters and buyers who spent 60+ mil on +2 necks.
Rings/Earrings? Those slots generally don't have stats worth any major upgrades. I mean, sure, put some TA/QA with STP and Acc/Att on them and watch everyone flock to the new content as they will be overpowered. Still would ***on crafters for certain items though.

So, yeah, only waist would allow any major upgrades without causing needless drama, imo.

Yeah I know. It's so true.

Accessories that boost specific JAs (Make them last longer/more potent etc) would probably be the best bet.

A lot of jobs could use a decent Fast Cast neck (I think only WHM neck +2 is a decent ilvl one).

Another PDT Belt wouldn't be bad either. Phasing out WoE wouldn't be bad; it's super old, un-fun, and useless unless there's a Surge campaign.

A DW earring to replace Suppa wouldnt be bad either. I get the idea of mission rewards being... rewarding, but it is 75 content from 10+ years ago.

Really not much they can do without out-dating previous gear. All these side-grades are annoying.

...Or they could just give us a new kind of currency per kill that works similarly towards job points/merit points. For every NM you kill in Odyssey you get points which add up in some way to boost your characters base stats.

Edit: ***, give an earring that gives "BLU Spell Duration +%" and every BLU in the world would cream their pants.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2020-10-27 09:17:46  
imo.
These are completely unwarranted concerns in a game that has so many possible side grades and situational options. There is a near limitless amount of possible gear they can add that won't relegate any current equipment to obsolescence.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-27 09:38:30  
I would be more than happy if they introduced new backs that allowed me to not have to carry anywhere from 2-8 capes per job.
[+]
By gargurty 2020-10-27 09:56:14  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I would be more than happy if they introduced new backs that allowed me to not have to carry anywhere from 2-8 capes per job.

God yes please.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-27 10:07:11  
That would've been so easy to do.
"All jobs" stat-less Ambu Cape.
There, you have it. Suddenly you can trash 75% of your job-specific Ambu capes and use the generic ones.

And they also keep people busy for a few months, with the monthly ambu mats caps.
Could they ask for more?
But nooooooo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-27 10:20:14  
Asura.Sechs said: »
There, you have it. Suddenly you can trash 75% of your job-specific Ambu capes and use the generic ones.

And they also keep people busy for a few months, with the monthly ambu mats caps.
Could they ask for more?
But nooooooo.
I mean, that would be nice, but it would also be counterproductive to SE's main goal, which is to force subscriptions as long as possible.

If you get all your gear in 1 month than say, 1 year, why would you stick around after 3 months of being bored with nothing to do?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 10:22:07  
If you get all your gear in 1 month than say, 1 year, why would you stick around after 3 months of being bored with nothing to do?
most people aren't aware they have an addiction.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-27 10:30:29  
There are already a few non-Ambuscade capes that get used. There's no reason why they couldn't add a couple more.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-27 10:45:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Could they ask for more?
But nooooooo.
I mean, that would be nice, but it would also be counterproductive to SE's main goal, which is to force subscriptions as long as possible.

They could do it in a way where we synergize the capes once all are maxed out. That would be very SE-like.

Or they could just make the "all jobs cape" take 22x more items to upgrade than the job-specific cape.

Would be a pretty cool way to add it in (give people a new goal) and save people a ton of inventory.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-27 10:47:24  
Inventory soon won't be a problem anymore anyway, they're adding a wardrobe5 or something similar, so Matsui said.
Of course we'll have to pay for it xD
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 10:49:02  
are people forgetting about the stats besides the augments on ambuscade capes? if they made an all jobs cape with ambuscade stats, nobody would use it because it's "not BiS"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-27 11:03:59  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
are people forgetting about the stats besides the augments on ambuscade capes? if they made an all jobs cape with ambuscade stats, nobody would use it because it's "not BiS"
Kinda depends on the job and the cape.

Some capes bring special stats that are not relevant for some roles.
Like if you want a generic FC+10%/Macc+30 cape, plenty of other examples.

I would of course keep some specific capes, but would save a lot of inventory slots from many others.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 11:08:36  
fi follet and aurists augs cover a lot of that for me. a lot of DD capes you'd still want at least one or two ambuscade capes for. i don't think you'd save as much as you'd think in the long run.

people can choose to reduce the amount of capes they have for DD but won't because they think the 40 dps they get from an extra one is worth it
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-27 11:19:33  
I'll take an "All Jobs" cape and keep a single WAR or BRD cape for those specific things, like Berserk + or Madrigal/Prelude +1.

Although, now that I'm a 100% DA WAR, I would cry now that the DA Damage wouldn't apply anymore, unless I keep the TP cape only.

Still, +5 inventory is still +5 inventory.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-27 11:29:22  
You obviously wouldn't be getting rid of JSE TP capes on WAR or THF, or ranged TP capes on COR or RNG.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-10-27 11:54:45  
fi follet and aurists augs cover a lot of that for me. a lot of DD capes you'd still want at least one or two ambuscade capes for. i don't think you'd save as much as you'd think in the long run.

people can choose to reduce the amount of capes they have for DD but won't because they think the 40 dps they get from an extra one is worth it

TP/WS capes would mostly be WAR, MNK, THF, and DNC I think that even have relevant base stats on them. Possibly RUN or PLD, but one might opt to build those slightly differently anyway. So, sure, you might not be compressing 44 capes into 2...but still maybe 30-something of them.

Ultimately, we'd be in a better position for min/maxing on more jobs, which seems like it'd be a desirable thing for SE at this point.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 11:57:06  
i'd rather just be able to store them on a moogle
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 12:05:28  
job-specific wardrobes that only load when you're on that job.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 12:15:34  
I wish they would start adding more random spawn NMs to content (that don't aggro, so you can skip them if you want), like a HNM beastman that can spawn in Dyna D (that spawns a few times a week at random times). With guaranteed Volt drops or something better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-10-27 12:20:30  

To me, the big thing with either of that (or other would-be-nice approaches) is how readily they can be implemented into the game.

Offering an All Jobs cape fits into what's already there. They don't need to rework the slip system to account for duplicates and augments, or find a way to add 22 more wardrobes without it taking five minutes to load after zoning. They just put a 23rd cape on the list, and let players sort out what they want to do with it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-27 12:21:16  
RadialArcana said: »
I wish they would start adding more random spawn NMs to content (that don't aggro, so you can skip them if you want), like a HNM beastman that can spawn in Dyna D (that spawns a few times a week at random times). With guaranteed Volt drops or something better.
That would suck because it would be completely random. Plus, those NMs might require specific setups, which really sucks to people who are there on jobs for unlocks.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 12:26:03  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

To me, the big thing with either of that (or other would-be-nice approaches) is how readily they can be implemented into the game.

Offering an All Jobs cape fits into what's already there. They don't need to rework the slip system to account for duplicates and augments, or find a way to add 22 more wardrobes without it taking five minutes to load after zoning. They just put a 23rd cape on the list, and let players sort out what they want to do with it.
I get peoples' point about it, but min/maxxing people will still keep the majority of the capes they have. if it was only about conserving inventory, people would already be using 1 or 2 less capes per job already. most of the time there is minimal difference between a da and an stp cape, yet people go and make both for some jobs. or a dex and 30 acc cape instead of just using 30 dex / 20 acc which also works on their dex ws.

it would really only let me play jobs i don't care about better, but i don't care about them to begin with.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-10-27 12:30:04  
RadialArcana said: »
That would suck because it would be completely random. Plus, those NMs might require specific setups, which really sucks to people who are there on jobs for unlocks.

Maybe instead of making it random, they could create additional bonus effects for Dyna-D zones to rotate through. Instead of having the one bonus zone per week, have one with extra NMs like that. One that gives extra RP. That sort of thing. Unless there's a reason behind trying to make every Dyna group one every server favor one particular zone each week (dedicate more resources to instances for it? no idea).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 12:31:59  

I get peoples' point about it, but min/maxxing people will still keep the majority of the capes they have. if it was only about conserving inventory, people would already be using 1 or 2 less capes per job already. most of the time there is minimal difference between a da and an stp cape, yet people go and make both for some jobs. or a dex and 30 acc cape instead of just using 30 dex / 20 acc which also works on their dex ws.

it would really only let me play jobs i don't care about better, but i don't care about them to begin with.

When content stagnates the way it has in the past 4 years, all we're left with is min/maxxing. Not really too surprising.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-10-27 13:42:57  
Ruaumoko said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Can only play a job if it wins parses, obviously. I spent 2 years trying to tell people that time between TP was one of the most meaningful measures of survivability, but nobody would touch mnk or give it any respect until it topped DPS charts (besides a few holdouts like Mrgrim). That DPS isn't what made it great for all the lowman people are using it for now, the stuff it already had was. We just couldn't get anyone on board until after it also had great dps.

Utsu:San and Migawari have pretty amazing benefits on their own, and there are times where NIN is particularly useful because of them. But, everyone looks at the vacuum of the current popular content rather than the overall balance of the game. Balanced jobs will go in and out of favor based on the content released, every job doesn't need to be great at every content to have balance. That's how you get FFXIV level blandness where every job is entirely interchangable and feels identical to play.

If I were hard pressed to suggest a NIN buff, it'd be to give them access to Sherida, Niqmaddu, or another SBII5 piece so they can cap SBII with a mochi and not need a fudo for it. That's it. The job is useful for low man setups, it's unique and fun, and it's damage isn't so abysmal that it isn't playable. Y'all just shortsighted af.

I still maintain that anyone who talked ***about MNK in the 2017-2018 era is banned from playing it now.
Got a laugh out of me. I know at least four people, former Linkshell members at that, who all bagged on me for arguing MNK's case a year before it's WS buff who then all bandwagoned it.

I think I know who you're talking about, and they all get side eyes from me when I see them on MNK.
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-27 14:23:39  
Three months with no job update...
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-10-27 14:31:05  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

When content stagnates the way it has in the past 4 years, all we're left with is min/maxxing. Not really too surprising.

We can just toss all our REMA's?? amirite feelsbadman.jpg
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-27 14:31:06  
job-specific wardrobes that only load when you're on that job.
Yea this would be huge. 15 slots per job gained, would add up quick. Include JSE accessories too.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-10-27 15:07:08  
Quote:
A DW earring to replace Suppa wouldnt be bad either. I get the idea of mission rewards being... rewarding, but it is 75 content from 10+ years ago.

Dual wield is one of those stats that you might not actually want to "upgrade" though because once you go beyond the delay cap any extra dual wield just hurts TP gain. Nobody uses dual wield earrings already if they can help it because the ideal builds have store tp in that slot instead.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 15:12:41  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

We can just toss all our REMA's?? amirite feelsbadman.jpg

naaah, zero feel-bads about it, not even a single second. I never played it well, and now I'm never on a job I hate. Inventory+4 and happiness....win-win.
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 428 429 430