THF JSE neck (the worst JSE neck)

coughcoughPLDcoughcough
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-22 15:34:42  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
hot take: nin is fine as is, playerbase just won't recognize any of the advantages it has until it gets a mnk tier dps buff and starts winning parses

To piggyback on this- when everyone complains about so few spots for DDs in setups due to the overabundance of buffers needed in this game for the highest content (not an unfair critique), why does everyone *** to create MORE DDs?

Pet jobs want more DPS. NINs want more DPS. Everyone wants more DPS...and are gonna just end up competing with the existing DDs for spots. Embrace what makes your job unique, and seek improvements on those things to make you desirable.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-22 15:38:22  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
hot take: nin is fine as is, playerbase just won't recognize any of the advantages it has until it gets a mnk tier dps buff and starts winning parses

To piggyback on this- when everyone complains about so few spots for DDs in setups due to the overabundance of buffers needed in this game for the highest content (not an unfair critique), why does everyone *** to create MORE DDs?

Pet jobs want more DPS. NINs want more DPS. Everyone wants more DPS...and are gonna just end up competing with the existing DDs for spots. Embrace what makes your job unique, and seek improvements on those things to make you desirable.
because dps is the only thing that shows up on a parse or a spreadsheet
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 15:39:16  
Can only play a job if it wins parses, obviously. I spent 2 years trying to tell people that time between TP was one of the most meaningful measures of survivability, but nobody would touch mnk or give it any respect until it topped DPS charts (besides a few holdouts like Mrgrim). That DPS isn't what made it great for all the lowman people are using it for now, the stuff it already had was. We just couldn't get anyone on board until after it also had great dps.

Utsu:San and Migawari have pretty amazing benefits on their own, and there are times where NIN is particularly useful because of them. But, everyone looks at the vacuum of the current popular content rather than the overall balance of the game. Balanced jobs will go in and out of favor based on the content released, every job doesn't need to be great at every content to have balance. That's how you get FFXIV level blandness where every job is entirely interchangable and feels identical to play.

If I were hard pressed to suggest a NIN buff, it'd be to give them access to Sherida, Niqmaddu, or another SBII5 piece so they can cap SBII with a mochi and not need a fudo for it. That's it. The job is useful for low man setups, it's unique and fun, and it's damage isn't so abysmal that it isn't playable. Y'all just shortsighted af.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-10-22 16:19:20  
My NIN non-DPS wishlist: Make Migawari AoE, double the effect of Yurin, give Ninjutsu an innate 50% magic burst bonus. Give me something to do other than putting up Kakka and spamming Shun.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-10-22 16:55:12  
#MakeBowsGreatAgain
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-10-22 19:08:31  
Asura.Topace said: »
#MakeBowsGreatAgain
My Yoichi is great!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-10-22 21:44:00  
Can only play a job if it wins parses, obviously. I spent 2 years trying to tell people that time between TP was one of the most meaningful measures of survivability, but nobody would touch mnk or give it any respect until it topped DPS charts (besides a few holdouts like Mrgrim). That DPS isn't what made it great for all the lowman people are using it for now, the stuff it already had was. We just couldn't get anyone on board until after it also had great dps.

Utsu:San and Migawari have pretty amazing benefits on their own, and there are times where NIN is particularly useful because of them. But, everyone looks at the vacuum of the current popular content rather than the overall balance of the game. Balanced jobs will go in and out of favor based on the content released, every job doesn't need to be great at every content to have balance. That's how you get FFXIV level blandness where every job is entirely interchangable and feels identical to play.

If I were hard pressed to suggest a NIN buff, it'd be to give them access to Sherida, Niqmaddu, or another SBII5 piece so they can cap SBII with a mochi and not need a fudo for it. That's it. The job is useful for low man setups, it's unique and fun, and it's damage isn't so abysmal that it isn't playable. Y'all just shortsighted af.

I still maintain that anyone who talked ***about MNK in the 2017-2018 era is banned from playing it now.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-22 23:27:13  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

I still maintain that anyone who talked ***about MNK in the 2017-2018 era is banned from playing it now.
Got a laugh out of me. I know at least four people, former Linkshell members at that, who all bagged on me for arguing MNK's case a year before it's WS buff who then all bandwagoned it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-23 01:24:51  
Crossbones said: »
...so SE is obviously thinking about it...
Haha, sorry, don't mind me, this made a guy giggle.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-23 01:36:27  

True true, for real all I want, is to quit being stripped of all my shadows with a measly diaga from trash mob content. Even as a compromise, for every AoE spam, if I haveat least 1 shadow up, I would be golden, at least leave me one ffs, then all I need is a decent eva, and or parry to stay breathing, and I can get my shadows back up, and my utsu FC set isn't not near perfect, Legit all I ask, all we need as real ninja, we have 3 recasts, just quit taking all the shadows as NIN main against aoe, just leave one, that's all. That's the job's only unique trait since the job came out. More jobs in the past have leached success off the main job's unique trait than the main itself. DW was also, but obviously less important than the shadows enabled.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-10-23 08:02:59  

This is exactly why I have been arguing for bst to have enmity tools rather than more dps for the last few years. I would rather slide into tanking role and diversify jobs more.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 08:34:25  
Everyone wants more DPS
Even WHMs? Got to buff up those Banish and Holy spells!
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-23 08:44:57  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Everyone wants more DPS

yes?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47489/whm-dd/5/
[+]
By Teuphist 2020-10-26 12:00:51  

PUP: AoE/sustainable enmity for Automaton and yes, more DPS (honestly though, a PUP who gears properly can do great vs most popular dps options). Still...more DPS!!!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-10-26 16:44:55  
I want WHM to directly contribute to the dps of a party just like XIV! (No I don't.)
By Felgarr 2020-10-26 16:50:54  
Everyone wants more DPS

I would love this, but I'm convinced SE won't give us Banish IV because mobs in original Dynamis can cast it, and they likely can't modify the spell for our i-level benefit without also changing it for the mobs too. :/
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-26 17:13:34  
Felgarr said: »
Everyone wants more DPS

I would love this, but I'm convinced SE won't give us Banish IV because mobs in original Dynamis can cast it, and they likely can't modify the spell for our i-level benefit without also changing it for the mobs too. :/
I mean... I wouldn't be particularly bothered if WHM and PLD mobs started oneshotting non-tanks in namis. XD
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-26 21:00:02  
The elemental magic adjustments from years ago didn't affect monsters and our version of Meteor is drastically different from the monster version, so that theory doesn't really hold. They're more than capable of altering player versions of spells.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-27 05:41:12  
For the high expectations to november uodate, the recently released teaser is quite underwhelming...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-27 06:45:14  
I believe those monthly ambuscade updates would be more meaningful if they could add an extra VD mode on vol 2, with same or slightly higher reward than VD vol 1.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-27 06:57:31  
Sounds like the "big content update" got moved to December lol
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-27 07:47:49  
What do you think, new drops from D or will we be augmenting more gear like HT battle items?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-27 07:52:10  
If they want to surprise me, its gonna be a new zone related with voracious surgence, large and with many popped NMs that drops some random marginally better item at first, before something more sofisticated further in the road.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 07:52:13  
Gonna laugh if the new zone upon completion of the missions is Sea 2, with AV 2.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-27 08:06:57  
for now all i'd want is a reason to team up for odyssey, although the money is good just picking coffers, it isn't nearly what it used to be.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-27 08:19:16  
Farming mimics and beating halos
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-27 08:54:30  
Asura.Kusare said: »
for now all i'd want is a reason to team up for odyssey, although the money is good just picking coffers, it isn't nearly what it used to be.

All they'd need to add is a couple of direct drops off NMs. Some nice new accessories or whatever and we'd all be flocking to some new content.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-27 09:00:03  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Asura.Kusare said: »

All they'd need to add is a couple of direct drops off NMs. Some nice new accessories or whatever and we'd all be flocking to some new content.
But what accessories? I mean, the only slot left that wouldn't cause an outright outrage is waist.

Back? All that time put into Ambu capes gone down the drain, and it will hurt those who are still upgrading.
Neck? Yeah, let's ***on all the crafters and buyers who spent 60+ mil on +2 necks.
Rings/Earrings? Those slots generally don't have stats worth any major upgrades. I mean, sure, put some TA/QA with STP and Acc/Att on them and watch everyone flock to the new content as they will be overpowered. Still would ***on crafters for certain items though.

So, yeah, only waist would allow any major upgrades without causing needless drama, imo.
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 424 425 426