2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 428 429 430
By FaeQueenCory 2020-10-22 07:52:39  
Izanami said: »
I imagine not many FFXIAH users regularly view the Ninja forum. But since you're already discussing Ninja changes, I may as well link the official forum post I made about a month ago where I propose quite a few updates to the Ninja job. The official forums don't get much traffic, but it has gotten 835 views, 7 comments, and 14 likes in about a month. If you somehow are not already banned on the official forum, I'd appreciate any comments and discussion on the OF post. I know it's unlikely, but more comments and views may increase the chances that it gets acknowledged by a developer.

Ignoring the glaring issues NIN has in terms of damage and support potential compared to other DD jobs (and COR/BRD/RUN), the suggestions in my post were "designed to catch Ninja up to the current state of the game in the areas that they have fallen behind in due to adjustments in gear statistics and relevant enemy mechanics over the years."
Those adjustments are surprisingly fair and balanced. I'm not sure with how things are checked in the game the DT per shadow effect is possible? (as in I believe it would check that after the shadow is consumed, so always a -0%DT) But even though I think system limitations make it impossible, I really like it.
All in all most, practically all except the shadows DT, are entirely feasible and easy for them to do.
I hope they see it.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-22 08:00:51  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Izanami said: »
I imagine not many FFXIAH users regularly view the Ninja forum. But since you're already discussing Ninja changes, I may as well link the official forum post I made about a month ago where I propose quite a few updates to the Ninja job. The official forums don't get much traffic, but it has gotten 835 views, 7 comments, and 14 likes in about a month. If you somehow are not already banned on the official forum, I'd appreciate any comments and discussion on the OF post. I know it's unlikely, but more comments and views may increase the chances that it gets acknowledged by a developer.

Ignoring the glaring issues NIN has in terms of damage and support potential compared to other DD jobs (and COR/BRD/RUN), the suggestions in my post were "designed to catch Ninja up to the current state of the game in the areas that they have fallen behind in due to adjustments in gear statistics and relevant enemy mechanics over the years."
Those adjustments are surprisingly fair and balanced. I'm not sure with how things are checked in the game the DT per shadow effect is possible? (as in I believe it would check that after the shadow is consumed, so always a -0%DT) But even though I think system limitations make it impossible, I really like it.
All in all most, practically all except the shadows DT, are entirely feasible and easy for them to do.
I hope they see it.

i actually thought the same thing but DAMAGE TAKEN II-10% and new set of Passive traits for nin (evasion Buff) since evasion is kinda *** since early ilvl patch, and maybe fix migwari recast too, u always need haste capp to be able to spam it.

Ninja should have been the parry God job, it was designed to be, https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Praefectus%27s_Gloves Mantle from limbus and sH+1 was amazing for evasion + parry set too
or give ninja a new spell like utuesmi for aoe?, and u can stack both utu and that? but instead just two shadows or 3?, i really don't care at this point either making good at both tanking or dpsing or either,
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-22 08:31:08  
Nagi needs an adjustment, but that particular change has pretty much zero chance of happening.

I'd maybe keep the Innin augment on the head and the magic accuracy augment on the boots (but go through with swapping Yonin and MAB). Despite the WSD conflicting with AF1, it does synergize well with Hybrid WS.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-22 08:49:48  
The Head/Feet augment swap (which should be total, imho) is not gonna happen. Way too much time has passed.
The RDM one happened because it was very fast and announced rapidly.

Can you think how much would some JP players complain because they spent precious gil to augment Head for that specific augment and then they move it to another piece?
It's not impossible, but I don't see SE doing the swap this late after they introduced the NIN group#2 Merits improvements.
By Izanami 2020-10-22 11:45:23  
Thanks for the comments everyone. We got nearly 100 more views since I posted that link here.

Siren.Kyte said: »
Nagi needs an adjustment, but that particular change has pretty much zero chance of happening.

Considering that COR can output very high DPS while also providing buffs like STP+60 (Lucky+Regal Necklace) to the entire party for 10 minutes, I believe that AoE enhancing Ninjutsu like STP+10 (+15 with Futae) for 5 minutes is a fair upgrade for Nagi. However, even a 3-shadow Utsusemi may be too powerful to AoE. Fomor Ninja in Vagary do use AoE Utsusemi so code to make it AoE is probably already in the game.

Nagi already has tanking utility with the Enmity+40. Perhaps a buff to Issekigan would be a more realistic change. Maybe an enhanced Tactical Parry or introduce a small Counter+ bonus while Issekigan is up with Nagi equipped. This would synergize well with Shuhansadamune (Diabolos enmity/counter/pdt katana) and Empyrean+1 legs which have Counter+14 with Yonin up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-22 11:47:30  
Counters that never happen unless you have zero shadows, if I recall, so not really the most useful stat to be stacking on NIN, I'm afraid.
By Afania 2020-10-22 11:50:57  
Quote:
However, even a 3-shadow Utsusemi may be too powerful to AoE.

If I'm a NIN and utsu is AoE, I'd be pretty pissed if my pt ask me to reapply shadows every 5 sec when I'm trying to DD.

You know how to fix nin(or any nin weapon like Nagi)? Buff DPS.
By Izanami 2020-10-22 11:56:58  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Counters that never happen unless you have zero shadows, if I recall, so not really the most useful stat to be stacking on NIN, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info. Looking at the BGwiki page for Counter:
"Evasion, Parry, and Blink/Utsusemi checks must all fail before a counter attack can be made."

This is good to know, but disappointing. I guess I haven't used Empyrean+1 legs or Shuhansadamune often enough to notice that I don't counter with shadows up. I'm suddenly less excited about seeing Empyrean+3 leg stats now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-22 11:57:53  

Ninja can counter through shadows due to tactical Parry job points and issekigan. That wiki page hasn't been updated to include that small exception, which does happen quite a bit with Issekigan activate and a good counter build.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 12:03:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
which does happen quite a bit with Issekigan activate and a good counter build.

I'd like to see some proof that a counter build has any impact whatsoever on tactical parry's JP counters. Makes absolutely no sense for it to be coded that way, as you never hit a normal counter check. You win the parry check and roll a check on the JP stat.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-22 12:27:50  
Afania said: »

If I'm a NIN and utsu is AoE, I'd be pretty pissed if my pt ask me to reapply shadows every 5 sec when I'm trying to DD.

Did you mis-quote? Or what? I'm confused by your answer connected to my post, that you quoted D:
By Afania 2020-10-22 12:36:06  
Afania said: »

Did you mis-quote? Or what? I'm confused by your answer connected to my post, that you quoted D:

Sorry, I was typing and replying to the guy before you about AoEing Nin spells. Fixed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-22 12:38:15  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
which does happen quite a bit with Issekigan activate and a good counter build.

I'd like to see some proof that a counter build has any impact whatsoever on tactical parry's JP counters. Makes absolutely no sense for it to be coded that way, as you never hit a normal counter check. You win the parry check and roll a check on the JP stat.

If that were true, Seigan + Third Eye counters wouldn't make logical sense either, no? You never actually get hit, Third Eye evades the attack, replaces the "anticipates attack" with a counter. And still, counter+ gear greatly increases the counter rate during Third Eye.

How would you test that in a way to separate normal counters and counters based off of Third eye/Tactical Parry?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 12:47:46  
Would be very easy to test tactical parry, pull something that doesn't strip shadows or attack too fast, engage something else in the distance, and log 1000 parries worth of swings while recasting san on timer so shadows never go down. Repeat with +20 counter in gear. Record the whole thing or at least the raw logs of it for verification. Since you can't counter with shadows up, this will show whether counter+ gear is affecting the parry rate, and whether it's affecting the parry to counter conversion rate.

Whether you can do the same with third eye would depend on if it's possible to regular counter with third eye up. I don't know the answer to that offhand. If you can't counter with third eye up, it could be verified the same way(but you'd need to log packets instead of text to filter out attacks from when third eye wasn't active).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-22 12:53:50  
I would love to test that but don't have the tools to automate the san recasts and parsing the parries.
By Crossbones 2020-10-22 13:19:34  
What I'd like them to add is a version of inqartata for evasion where you have a flat percent chance to avoid a physical or ranged attack regardless of evasion because as it stands that stat is useless for the vast majority of the game. This would be great to add to thf and nin for example.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-10-22 13:58:30  
can apply the same sort of logic to guarding and shield blocks, though shield blocks can actually get decently reliable, still inquarta is such a nice trait that really should have been applied to all the defensive skills since most are on the floor outside of specific JA's being used(dodge/issekigan)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-22 14:07:12  
I'd love a block+ trait with inquartata-esque mechanics for PLD... Especially for Aegis. Jesus that block rate... -_-;;
[+]
By Torzak 2020-10-22 14:12:45  
I don't know if I've ever even seen anyone try to evasion through anything in a long while. Seems like there's a lot of options with: Blind II, Evasion Songs, Various Gears, Flash Nova WS.
By Crossbones 2020-10-22 14:24:23  
Would kind of come down to how much acc mobs have (I don't really know). AFAIK most practical use is like omen trash mobs or ody mobs up to a certain level if solo on THF or something and even that requires kind of min/maxing your sets a bit. Just seems like adding that trait would be an easy buff, could add it to some gear as well. Bringing back evasion tanking would add more depth to the game IMO.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 14:40:31  
I don't think evasion tanking is gone, it's just not generally practical. You couldn't dodge endgame mobs at 75 without at least mambos(even when you stacked accessories), why would you be able to dodge everything at 99 with just your generic gear and no consideration to anything?

As torzak said, we have Blind II and Mambos, but we also have geomancy and corsair rolls and all sorts of available buffs and debuffs. I am willing to bet you could cap evasion on just about anything if you stack enough of it, but what's the point? Those buffs could've gone toward damage, or you could just use wilt/fade and cure through it.

Evasion was useful in the past because healing was a limited resource. With the amount of refresh and WHM empyrean pants, it's pretty pointless. DT is a more reliable way to stay alive even at capped evade rate(that one landed move may one shot you, while DT leaves it more predictable). We just have no reason to use it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-22 14:49:18  
dt gear was also less common at 75, tp moves weren't really as dangerous and most could be absorbed with utsusemi. and because of that and the lack of fc and haste gear comparably, evasion allowed you to keep shadows up during your recast
By Crossbones 2020-10-22 14:54:34  
I dunno I remember soloing VT statues on THF with literally zero evasion buffs, just having that much evasion from a trait was enough for that, so to me it isn't unreasonable to be able to dodge stuff with some basic gear and traits. At a certain point a check from stats isn't enough when faced with mob stats, the same problem parry had and inqartata fixed it, parry wouldn't be viable without it. Shield has similar functions, but not evasion.

And yeah you COULD stack a ridiculous amount of buffs, and obviously it would hurt your kill performance, that's the whole point of why adding a flat evade trait would be beneficial - so you wouldn't have to sacrifice all your buffs just to make it viable.

***, even with inq and parry I do dozens of wave 3 runs without EVER engaging and using parry, just from stacking buffs and DT, does that make parry or inqartata useless? No.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 15:03:28  
Aura Statues were only 6-9 levels above the player. Given you're this committed to the premise, have you actually tried wearing an intentionally high-evasion set against something of that level, like an ascended mob in reis? NMs have always had typically higher stats, but you could also try like, T2 NMs in ruaun(lv125) or T1 in reis(129).

Parry never used the same type of check as evasion. Evasion capped at 80%, parry capped at 20%, so parry needed inquartata. Evasion, as far as I can tell, is balanced almost identically to how it was in the old days. You just expect more than is reasonable out of it.
By SimonSes 2020-10-22 15:05:12  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I don't think evasion tanking is gone, it's just not generally practical. You couldn't dodge endgame mobs at 75 without at least mambos(even when you stacked accessories), why would you be able to dodge everything at 99 with just your generic gear and no consideration to anything?

As torzak said, we have Blind II and Mambos, but we also have geomancy and corsair rolls and all sorts of available buffs and debuffs. I am willing to bet you could cap evasion on just about anything if you stack enough of it, but what's the point? Those buffs could've gone toward damage, or you could just use wilt/fade and cure through it.

Evasion was useful in the past because healing was a limited resource. With the amount of refresh and WHM empyrean pants, it's pretty pointless. DT is a more reliable way to stay alive even at capped evade rate(that one landed move may one shot you, while DT leaves it more predictable). We just have no reason to use it.

I actually evasion tank a lot on THF, but because of how OP is Malignance, that set also has 50%PDT and it also is not bad for dps. Ofc Im not talking about something like 150ilvl mobs, but stuff probably even up to 140 is doable to evasion tank without buffs on THF. With buffs you can very easily go past 2000 evasion on THF (I think you would only need like marcato Dragonfoe Mambo, BoG Voidance and food to be close to 2000) which should probably cap you on almost anything.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-10-22 15:08:30  
Yeah man I already know intentionally wearing lots of evasion works on some low level trash mobs and doesn't work on anything higher unless you start to *** yourself, that's the whole reason a flat trait would be beneficial, and it wouldn't cost anyone anything. I don't understand the opposition to this because WHM empy pants exist or whatever. We already have gear with a shitload of evasion in kenda and malignance, but it's functionally worthless outside of the most pussy mobs, even THF JSE neck (the worst JSE neck) has some laughable amount of evasion on it so SE is obviously thinking about it in some form but they are apparently not competent enough to implement it to function on anything serious, so it was just an idea.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 15:10:30  
I didn't say anything about your ill-thought out trait addition. I said that evasion isn't any more or less useless potent than it was in the past, it's still basically the same thing.

If you want a reason why the trait is stupid, here:

GAME TOO EASY DONT NEED MORE BUFFS
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-22 15:16:18  
Crossbones said: »
Yeah man I already know intentionally wearing lots of evasion works on some low level trash mobs and doesn't work on anything higher unless you start to *** yourself, that's the whole reason a flat trait would be beneficial, and it wouldn't cost anyone anything. I don't understand the opposition to this because WHM empy pants exist or whatever. We already have gear with a shitload of evasion in kenda and malignance, but it's functionally worthless outside of the most pussy mobs, even THF JSE neck (the worst JSE neck) has some laughable amount of evasion on it so SE is obviously thinking about it in some form but they are apparently not competent enough to implement it to function on anything serious, so it was just an idea.

Ok this is simply not true. You can cap evasion on many high lvl stuff. I dont want to lie, but im almost 99% sure I cap evasion vs Omen bosses (they are 139lv afaik) on thf without any buffs (beside food, but that food is also accuracy food, so its not a big downgrade from sublime sushi).

Also I hope you are kidding with that "(the worst JSE neck)" XD
4% triple attack, 15 dex, 25acc, 5% triple attack damage. Those are amazing offensive stats. 32evasion (counting with that from AGI) is just a sweet bonus.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-10-22 15:25:24  
Not talking about just evasion since that caps at only 80% whereas a trait would be independent of that cap, thus making it more viable than being ok with getting hit 20% of the time. But whatever evasion sucks *** apparently so someone come up with the next shitty idea then (won't change my mind about THF being the worst JSE neck).
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 15:31:09  
hot take: nin is fine as is, playerbase just won't recognize any of the advantages it has until it gets a mnk tier dps buff and starts winning parses
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 428 429 430