YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-29 12:18:33  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So if I want KIs primarily, cap that amber/pearl away and cleave on?

If you have multiple chars, like many people seem to, it can be helpful to cap azure on one and amber on the other, then cap pearl on both. If time gets low, cleave a couple of pulls on the azure character for TEs. Otherwise, cleave on the amber character for KIs. A.edge cleaving is nice, since you'd just be making amber anyway.

Alternatively, there are monsters that don't generate ruby or don't generate azure in many of the earlier zones. See:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Abyssea_Lights

As a more specific note on what Taint said, a mob won't give lights until it has been claimed. So, even if you fail to one shot, if you haven't claimed a mob aoes won't give you lights for killing it.
By Rips 2020-10-29 13:25:26  
Give us our Omen Job Card Campaigns or we riot.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 13:31:01  
No, we not.

If you want more cards permanently, take other 1$ mule to complete RoV, then you have permanent twice+ tags for card farming.
By Draylo 2020-10-29 13:33:49  
Aint nobody got time for that
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-29 13:35:11  
Rips said: »
Give us our Omen Job Card Campaigns or we riot.

screw dat. where's my Statue Crusher PLUS.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-10-29 14:03:15  
Pantafernando said: »
No, we not.

If you want more cards permanently, take other 1$ mule to complete RoV, then you have permanent twice+ tags for card farming.

The last thing anyone wants to do is MORE Omen.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2020-10-29 14:44:39  
endxen said: »
People still do card farms? I'm sitting on over 2000 smn cards that probably will get tossed if they don't add a storage option for them soon.

2000? convert them to other jobs...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Rips 2020-10-29 14:56:26  
No, we not.

Screw this. I would rather farm Gil and just buy those “3 cards for 1 run” people shout for (which has been more productive than putting together PUGs and depending on strangers to clear objectives properly - in my experience.)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 15:04:18  
You guys should understand in life, its better to have options than not having them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-29 15:47:17  
Taint said: »
People still do card farms? I'm sitting on over 2000 smn cards that probably will get tossed if they don't add a storage option for them soon.

I'm sitting on about 650 COR cards....and keeping them "as is" is better right now until a decision is made.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-10-29 16:00:51  
Taint said: »

I'd like to see them be able to be converted into other things from Emporox than just sit taking up inventory. Either that or a trade 3:1 for other cards or scales... something.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-10-29 16:33:18  
Asura.Tawhoya said: »
Either that or a trade 3:1 for other cards
You can trade them at 10:1 for other cards... and while it would be nicer to have it at a lower ratio like 3:1... in your case of 2k, the steeper trade ratio is kinda moot.
By Rips 2020-10-30 02:29:37  
You guys should understand in life, its better to have options than not having them.

This is a good point. I'm sure that a majority of the player base - myself included - doesn't take advantage of the gil making potential of having a mule at 99 and having daily / monthly goodies unlocked.

Edit: Although having a bunch of mules during the AMAN Trove 3m/6m glory days would have been awesome those are next to impossible to sell now.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-02 09:02:58  
Update notes: change on mentor system, to make easier for new player integration, new chapter of VR then something on ambuscade v2 that will make us do it at least once.

Maybe SE is receiving wrong signal.

Im sure 99% of the “new platers” in FFXI are nalked galkans with name coming from someone smashing the keyboard buttons...
[+]
By Torzak 2020-11-02 10:45:07  
The other day I saw maybe 15 Elvaan MNKs no sub job with that newb question mark or whatever by their name all running around in West Ron on foot at Mounted speed killing stuff.

That said, there actually are a lot of new/returning players. I've helped a handful in the last couple weeks.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-02 11:03:17  
Mentor was a joke from the moment they added it, most of the people who did it only wanted the logo next to their name. They should do away with the logo for a start.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-02 11:42:41  
The concept is nice. But it should give to proper employers and not any random players as they have no obligation to do this while suposelly its the game part to teach the starting ropes to new players.

Instead of revamping mentor role, i would advise them to revamp Unity Chat to also provide this type of suport.

Having some real conversation in a game wide chat would help a lot more the suposed integration they are aiming with new players.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-02 12:25:57  
The concept is nice. But it should give to proper employers and not any random players as they have no obligation to do this while suposelly its the game part to teach the starting ropes to new players.

Instead of revamping mentor role, i would advise them to revamp Unity Chat to also provide this type of suport.

Having some real conversation in a game wide chat would help a lot more the suposed integration they are aiming with new players.
They won't allow that for the sole purpose of 95% of the responses will be "Get Windower/Gearswap".
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-11-02 12:48:20  
So that big Novemeber update they promised us last month turned out to be them porting the Novice Network from FF 14 into FF 11. Color me unimpressed...
[+]
By Solonuke 2020-11-02 13:11:39  
I eagerly await the RoV objective to write a greeting once per month!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-05 06:14:59  
Since I posted this in the wrong place yesterday, I'll post it here.

I notice Blizzard recently made "input broadcasting" against the ToS and many multiboxers are outraged, since they were getting banned.

Is this what send is and if so can that start getting multiboxers banned here too? I'm assuming they all have similar systems in place to spot botting and send on the instances receiving the commands possibly looks very much like a bot and not key presses?

I had not thought of this before but if you have characters on follow and are using send, they do kind of look like bots.

Quote:
As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Thank you for your understanding.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-05 06:27:26  
What you've stated vs what you asked has multiple answers. In the end the general answer is for FFXI you could have always and still have gotten banned. It would of been considered 3rd party tools to send to multiple accounts at once be it send or anything else.

SE has even gone as far to say many years ago macros/key inputs from advanced keyboards are not allowed, so nothing has changed.

Nothing new for FFXI, maybe WoW allowed it for so long but it would have always fallen under SE's rules as illegal. (3rd party in some way/ hell this site counts as 3rd party technically (there's kinda an ok don't f with us we won't f with you agreement in place due to SE.)

Literally this clicking/pushing any button for you in FFXI is illegal, Drinking Bird. Turbo controller banable too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_bird

At one point they even banned you because you afked on SMN and game mechanics were/are still set to auto attack with your SMN pet out by SE's design to attack what is attacking you. That's why they started de spawning some mobs and making them level up.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-05 11:49:16  
chiaia is pretty vested in not saying send should get you banned because of his status on the windower team.

to answer you though, send should definitely be a bannable offense and SE could very easily ban for it. it's not in the same realm as aesthetically changing your game. drinking bird would also be bannable, runescape/jagex/wow/blizzard has banned for less, SE would too if they could detect it.

you should not feel safe using send.

it's a fun addon, might be worth the risk. but coming here and crying if you got banned using it is pretty dumb
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-05 11:54:52  
Asura.Tsm said: »
chiaia is pretty vested in not saying send should get you banned because of his status on the windower team.

to answer you though, send should definitely be a bannable offense and SE could very easily ban for it. it's not in the same realm as aesthetically changing your game. drinking bird would also be bannable, runescape/jagex/wow/blizzard has banned for less, SE would too if they could detect it.

you should not feel safe using send.

it's a fun addon, might be worth the risk. but coming here and crying if you got banned using it is pretty dumb
He did say that Send will get you banned.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
In the end the general answer is for FFXI you could have always and still have gotten banned. It would of been considered 3rd party tools to send to multiple accounts at once be it send or anything else.

"Should" is objective and opinionated. You should be banned for making that post on this website, that doesn't mean you will.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-05 12:43:08  
very weird way to say it will get you banned by drawing parallels to other things that in his mind likely won't get you banned.

send should likely not be in the windower launcher unless they are advertising it as a cheating tool and not just a 3rd party client.

just my 2 cents
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-11-05 14:01:35  
Quote:
At one point they even banned you because you afked on SMN and game mechanics were/are still set to auto attack with your SMN pet out by SE's design to attack what is attacking you. That's why they started de spawning some mobs and making them level up.

Actually no, mob despawning had nothing to do with summoner pets or the like. It goes way way waaaay the hell back to the early days when the bulk of North American players didn't even have their first level 75 yet. Mob despawning was implemented specifically as an anti-griefing / anti MPK tool. Before normal mobs despawned you could MPK people by training hoards of agressive mobs to their location and dying on top of them. Additionally, there were huge problems with leveling zones ( this is back when people actually had leveling parties and invited black mages to them so they could magic burst off the skillchains). Zoning into Yhoater Jungle, Garliage Citadel, or Crawlers nest was almost immediately met with instant death because someone trained a bunch of goblin smithys, knight crawlers, or siege bats to the zone. TRAIN TO ZONE was a common shout, and if your experience camp was in the path you had to stop what you were doing... often for 5-10 minutes at a time and wait for the mobs to reset.

There were obvious implications at any notorious monster camp too, resulting in much griefing over NMs with contested drops. It got to the point the GMs got fed up with the calls and the devs implemented despawning. Coincidentally, it was beastmasters who were most affected by the change, not summoners. Because up until then they were mostly a solo class, relying on charming pets and sicing them on their targets. After the change as soon as they released their pet it despawned, crippling the job entirely. The solution was for s-e to implement jug pets, and we all know how much of a history jug pets have with players and their dissatisfaction of the way they were implemented. Essentially forced upon them without their desire because their class got hit in the crossfire.

Sorry for the rambly history rant. I just felt that was worth mentioning.
[+]
By Taint 2020-11-05 14:04:41  
Garliage Citadel was a literal nightmare to level back then. And yes zoning out just to avoid the AFKs was a thing.

HNMs had MPK attempts for years afterwards.
Xolotl at Tiamat anyone lolololol.
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 428 429 430