フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-02 16:43:23  
Boots have 52 base, which is 62 with +10 from set bonus.
By eeternal 2020-02-04 06:32:51  
looking for good guide for bis slots, would this guide be good?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Red_Mage_Guide
or should I use this guide here in this forum, I feel some of the items are outdated.

Thank you
 Asura.Cheeago
user: Cheeago
By Asura.Cheeago 2020-02-04 07:35:18  
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349
[+]
By eeternal 2020-02-04 07:40:48  
Thank you so much
By mhomho 2020-02-04 08:50:26  

Thank you.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-04 11:28:39  
Tp sets on there is a wip and some sets are missing still
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-02-04 12:29:34  

Where’s this been all my life?
[+]
By eeternal 2020-02-04 12:35:31  
^
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-02-04 12:53:22  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Tp sets on there is a wip and some sets are missing still

Are you getting better results on Sanguine / Seraph with +2 neck? I'm getting 250~300 dmg more from a MAB neck (Sanctity for now, dont have Baetyl). And on Seraph specifically, my Kaja Bow is beating Pemphedro Tathlum.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-04 13:02:31  
I do use baetyl myself I have not updated that node in a long while. I’ve not compared bow to pemp yet myself
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-02-04 17:50:05  
Depends on peoples sets really. My +2 neck was doing about 50 more damage for sanguine over Sanctity and comes with more Macc. I found Fotia gorget to be the best neck for Seraph Croc/Daybreak testing i did awhile ago. I don't own a Baetyl either could be very solid option as well.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-04 19:49:44  
It does depend on target like everything else as to which will be best of course
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-04 21:11:45  
That new belt really gonna best fotia for CDC? I've been using that node for a reference since I returned forever ago. Just now noticing that change. Someone said all the stat spewing on blu jse neck barely was better than fotia. I dont see how the new belt can win now.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-05 00:21:29  
it doesnt its just there place holding till I found that answer, have not changed it back since I tweaked that awhile back

edit, fixed it
[+]
 Odin.Nehalania
サーバ: Odin
user: Nehalania
By Odin.Nehalania 2020-02-05 08:21:23  
Thanks so much for this! Especially the enspell TP sets. Answers a lot of my questions.
By tyalangan 2020-02-05 08:35:59  
In the future, how are we supposed to find nodes on this site? I’ve been here for ages and had no clue they existed. Was Cheeaho given it by Nuance or is there a way to search them that I can’t figure out?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-05 08:45:44  
Curious about Cath Palug crown in the nuke spot? Is that just because it's consistent and negates the need for oseem frustration?

merlinic hood has Higher potential in all meaningful stats, but relies on at least 5 INT, 35 macc 35 matk to be objectively better. A perfect* hood with 7+ INT 35+ macc 35+ matk and +10 magic damage would be ideal.
 Asura.Cheeago
user: Cheeago
By Asura.Cheeago 2020-02-05 08:51:19  
tyalangan said: »
In the future, how are we supposed to find nodes on this site? I’ve been here for ages and had no clue they existed. Was Cheeaho given it by Nuance or is there a way to search them that I can’t figure out?

I just happened to come across it linked in a thread a long time ago, and bookmarked it immediately back then.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-05 09:01:54  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Curious about Cath Palug crown in the nuke spot? Is that just because it's consistent and negates the need for oseem frustration?

merlinic hood has Higher potential in all meaningful stats, but relies on at least 5 INT, 35 macc 35 matk to be objectively better. A perfect* hood with 7+ INT 35+ macc 35+ matk and +10 magic damage would be ideal.

Yes. And obviously Merlinic has “potential” but you’re asking a hell of a lot from oseem in that case.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-05 09:05:17  
Asura.Nuance said: »

Yes. And obviously Merlinic has “potential” but you’re asking a hell of a lot from oseem in that case.

You're not wrong, I've just always had a good Merlinic Hood, so I've never really looked around. The magic damage thing isn't really a focus, I mostly threw pellucid stones at all my nuking Merlinic, my hood ended up with 7 INT 30 macc 32 matk and 3 magic damage, so I've never really looked at other heads. I have all 4 merlinic pieces (not hands) with 30+ macc/matk for my mid/high acc sets.

Do people really drop Sucellos's cape to use ghostfyre cape for Enspell TP?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-05 09:11:07  
I kind of like gearsets that don't include Oseemable equipment for that very reason. Especially when you throw in DM augments.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-05 09:17:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I kind of like gearsets that don't include Oseemable equipment for that very reason. Especially when you throw in DM augments.

I generally agree with this statement. However, Pellucids are ridiculously cheap so I'd at least say it might be worth it. Maybe only if you've got MAGA or something, to cycle through. It wouldn't be too expensive to throw a bunch of pellucids at a Merlinic Hood.

Edit: Current price would be about 400-500k for 1000 stones.
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-05 09:29:21  
tyalangan said: »
If someone wants a node to be seen, they will post it in some thread. like for example the OP of this thread is just a link to node 295, via
Code
[node]295[/node]
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-05 09:35:25  
I don't know that I would put prosilio belt +1 in a Black Halo set, especially since the big damage comes from the 50% bonus from Maxentius on all hits. It completely negates the bonus from Sherida earring. metalsinger belt or even luminary sash would be good.

I have to say, the -5% DA on Prosilio really turns me off in general.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-05 09:41:16  

I generally agree with this statement. However, Pellucids are ridiculously cheap so I'd at least say it might be worth it. Maybe only if you've got MAGA or something, to cycle through. It wouldn't be too expensive to throw a bunch of pellucids at a Merlinic Hood.

Edit: Current price would be about 400-500k for 1000 stones.

Oh, I was only making a general comment about the augment system without considering the cost of any stones, but rather, the frustration of getting the actual augments. I do like seeing sets with BIS pieces, just it's nice to see a somewhat close alternative that doesn't require as much stress. A lot of the guides nowadays are starting to include these alt pieces in notes and stating that the difference between the two pieces is minimal. The node above doesn't include that comment but it's helpful nonetheless to know those little details, since someone might ask "isn't x piece better than y piece"?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-05 09:44:01  
I don't know that I would put prosilio belt +1 in a Black Halo set, especially since the big damage comes from the 50% bonus from Maxentius on all hits. It completely negates the bonus from Sherida earring. metalsinger belt or even luminary sash would be good.

I think the idea is that it has a lot of attack for a job that doesn't have much, and you're running Temper II so pushing a 33~% TA rate, which is what you would want to force on a Black Halo for those beefy numbers. The "safe" choice is Metalsinger for sure. Another one of those scenarios where "it's sooo close", it comes down to preference based on factors (which I just mentioned above =P)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-05 09:48:58  

I think the idea is that it has a lot of attack for a job that doesn't have much, and you're running Temper II so pushing a 33~% TA rate, which is what you would want to force on a Black Halo for those beefy numbers. The "safe" choice is Metalsinger for sure. Another one of those scenarios where "it's sooo close", it comes down to preference based on factors (which I just mentioned above =P)

Was just pointing out that the set has +5 DA -5 DA, for +0% total DA. In that case, if you want Prosilio, then I'd say ishvara earring or something else would be a better choice. I guess outside of WSD, Sherida earring does have the +5 STR, but Snotra earring, malignance earring have higher MND, which is 70% on the WS.

Edit: Also moonshade earring is probably the right answer.
[+]
By Torzak 2020-02-05 09:56:01  
Do people really drop Sucellos's Cape to use Ghostfyre Cape for Enspell TP?

Personally, I wouldn't for a second even consider TPing in Ghostfyre over Ambu cape. You are throwing out 40+ physical accuracy to do so and dDEX, and that's only part of the picture. 10DA or 10DW would provide both more physical and enspell damage through volume of hits. Not to mention 10% pdt you can slap on the ambu cape.

Ghostfyre's only purpose is 20 enhance duration for anything you want to last as long as possible & 10enhance skill + as high of enhance duration you can manage for Temper/Enspell. If you manage to get 19-20 duration & 10 skill on one cape, you're gold.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-05 10:04:22  
Great points. I just checked my set and I am Moonshade/Regal earring, with Metalsinger as well. A few people have mentioned the Prosillio vs Metalsinger thing and I chose to stick with the latter for the exact -5% DA reason you mentioned, though I could see the argument for needing more attack for Black Halo, since Maxentius does not get any native STR/Attack and the job itself is starved for attack without buffs. It's not like Naegling where you get that attack bonus, so you argue the attack is more beneficial in this set rather than SB. All good points shadow, making me re-think my sets now... Maybe i'll add toggle to my Black Halo set to just swap to Prosillio over Metalsinger and keep my SB set the same.

ps: i havent made a RDM AE set and that one looks super duper swee. Can't tell you how many Levante Daggers i've tossed over the years and probably won't ever get a capped Malevolence, but I want to try that one something :D
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 141 142 143