Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-06-30 07:49:35  
Probably just the Stockholm Syndrome, but I'm pretty indifferent to this announcement. I get where the people upset about it are coming from though.

its still a better deal than ACP
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 07:51:07  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Probably just the Stockholm Syndrome, but I'm pretty indifferent to this announcement. I get where the people upset about it are coming from though.

its still a better deal than ACP

hey man, ACP ended up paying off years later when Raise III scrolls became expensive...!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 07:51:38  
I'm hoping for a one time fee of $9.99 to increase movement speed to 100%
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 07:52:00  
I still love Mirke <3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 07:52:06  
0.0005c per step. China style pay-by-the-X model
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-30 08:06:37  
This is annoying, but I really need the space. Gonna cancel my FF14 service to pay for it.
[+]
By nyheen 2016-06-30 08:07:59  
why is people getting mad and quitting over something that is optional. if you desperately need that much space then go for it. personally i dont need that much space, they got crap load of mog safe etc + many npc that you can hold your gear, so i dont see how is space still a problem.
hell half of the gear is obsolete and can be added to npcs. or for 1$ go old school and mule that stuff. the problem is most people are not using any of the npcs. they wanna walk around with everything on them without going to the mog house or npc.
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
サーバ: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-06-30 08:08:04  
fonewear said: »
Asura.Blittzjr said: »
Im cool with this "optional" addition. Just hope more money for them correlates to more content for us. I would love to never have to move gear around and just simply job change so im sold.

You would think that is what they will do but. If they see this is very profitable. A lot of people will *** then go right ahead and get wardrobe 3 and 4. So they will add in more "optional" content in the future.

While this could be true guess we will see. I dont mind paying for more additions and features to quality of life. I dont think theyd charge for content per say unless they do another expansion maybe, but some things like changing looks, name, additional rare items, etc I personally wouldnt mind paying for if its for the greater good.

I mean theyve done ALOT to this game over the years, so them asking for more profit I dont mind if they keep advancing the game and expanding.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-06-30 08:08:52  
ibm2431 said: »
SE is giving themselves financial incentive to not add items to storage slips, add even more single-purpose situational gear (inb4 ilvl elemental staves), and to not address underlying flaws in both their game design and its technical implementations.

Think about that for a moment. A question of, "Should we add this new armor set to a Storage Slip" will now consider the fact that they have a benefit from not doing so.

Rather than fix their damn packet system, or design better gear, they're going to charge an absurd fee (30% of the base monthly cost) for what, 6560 bytes of storage?

No. This is outrageous.
If they make the trial staves iLV or something along that vein I would gladly pay another 2-4 bucks to open space for those 16+ bad boys.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-06-30 08:10:09  
All some of these people do is whine. If you don't want it don't buy it and stfu.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 08:11:06  
Such an intelligent and well-formed argument, bravo!

nyheen said: »
why is people getting mad and quitting over something that is optional. if you desperately need that much space then go for it. personally i dont need that much space, they got crap load of mog safe etc + many npc that you can hold your gear, so i dont see how is space still a problem.
hell half of the gear is obsolete and can be added to npcs. or for 1$ go old school and mule that stuff. the problem is most people are not using any of the npcs. they wanna walk around with everything on them without going to the mog house or npc.

Going to direct you to read through the thread since it answers your question within the first 2 pages but to make things succinct: it's less about the wardrobes more about what portents they bring.

This is actually pretty amusing because I'm noticing that some of these names that are FOR sub fee + cash shop were AGAINST free to play + cash shop because "cash shops just steal your money". Mmhm.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 08:16:08  
I don't think FFXI can make it through this debacle it could be the end of the FFXI as we know it !
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-06-30 08:16:28  
Candlejack said: »
So much, this. For what SE's asking, I could run 4 more mules and have twice as much storage space than what Wardrobe 3 and 4 offer, and more AH space as well.

But youd have to transfer gear, etc which would just get tiresome. This is having the luxury of not having to use slips, or moving 70ish pieces of equipment to change jobs. I think this is catered more to the hardcore players who play multiple jobs. Once again theyre not forcing you to pay 2-4$ more.
By nyheen 2016-06-30 08:24:04  
Candlejack said: »
So much, this. For what SE's asking, I could run 4 more mules and have twice as much storage space than what Wardrobe 3 and 4 offer, and more AH space as well.

to be honest if we was getting more for 2$. say like 2nd
Mog House
Mog Sack
Storage
Mog Satchel

then that something worth the 2$ but just for mog wardrobe 3-4 total 4$ that kinda little much,
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-06-30 08:29:30  
Yeah. The main issue for me isn't that it has a cost associated with it, but $4 a month? That's too much for just storage. $1 for 3 and $2 for 3 and 4 is much more reasonable. I guess I'll drop a mule or two to save costs.

Or they could just you know, give it to us for free...

My main concern is will people with these additional wardrobes be noticeably slower than everyone else?
By Morihei 2016-06-30 08:33:45  
I think it's a brilliant business move! People will complain about the price, but buy it anyway, and it'll help FFXI to last longer. Me? I'm going to pass. Once I organize my stuff, I'll have plenty of room, since I'm only playing a handful of jobs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-06-30 08:40:30  
fonewear said: »
I don't think FFXI can make it through this debacle it could be the end of the FFXI as we know it !

You win the most ridiculous comment of the day so far!!!

Go to any online or mobile game you can pay for things or you don't have too totally up to the user. I am all for quality of life enhancements for a few$$$ big deal. By no means will this be the end of the game but thanks for the LOL.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-30 08:45:04  
At this rate with capes, gear and slips, will need wardrobes 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15.

$4 per 2 wardrobes... It could add up.
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-06-30 08:46:49  
Just take a moment and consider this: 80 more wardrobe slots means some people might think about unsubbing a mule. If many people do that, SE would notice a trend wherein if they add more space to main characters, people unsub mules hence they lose money.

That's probably what they noticed already with wardrobe 2.

So they had to find a viable way to add wardrobe without possibly losing money.

wouldn't that make sense?

For the past 14 years we've always paid 1$ for extra space that a mule gives, both inventory and also AH (and login campaign purposes too, sometimes), so they've now put a price to the additional commodity of having it on your main character.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-06-30 08:50:55  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/wardrobe/index.html

Okay. ...

Quote:
The contract lasts for thirty (30) days and incurs a fee of $2.00.
* The fee is $2.00/30 days for either Mog Wardrobe 3 or Mog Wardrobe 4.
* The fee is $4.00/30 days for both Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4.

(In Pounds)

Quote:
Each contract lasts for thirty (30) days and incurs a fee of £1.40*.
* The fee is £1.40/30 days for either Mog Wardrobe 3 or Mog Wardrobe 4.
* The fee is £2.80/30 days for both Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4.

Why not just charge gil/monthly? SE is some serious RTM, I swear.
By volkom 2016-06-30 08:51:11  
Seen additional inventory charges in other mmos ~ but those were one time fees that added up kinda fast. Subscription model for additional inventory is kinda lame but oh well, more room for useless equipment for lockstyle.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-06-30 08:56:06  
I think its a cracking idea. I also like the fact any mules on the same content ID also get the extra storage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-30 08:57:06  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
This is annoying, but I really need the space. Gonna cancel my FF14 service to pay for it.

Haha no you won't, and neither will all the other people bitching about this.

Guys you knew this was coming, the management is being pushed to increase revenue or face having the resources going into this game (that is the servers and development / maintenance time) be diverted to more profitable ventures.

The only thing that surprised me about this is they started with inventory and not the cosmetic stuff, though seeing how much people express the need for more inventory I can see the attraction in just going for the bigger revenue source.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2016-06-30 08:57:11  
Regardless of how we feel, SE is a business and this is a business move.

I would have done the same thing.

That aside, additional profit for them enables more investment into future development and support, which will be better for us in the long run.

I like it.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-06-30 09:04:32  
Asura.Keaddo said: »
Just take a moment and consider this: 80 more wardrobe slots means some people might think about unsubbing a mule. If many people do that, SE would notice a trend wherein if they add more space to main characters, people unsub mules hence they lose money.

That's probably what they noticed already with wardrobe 2.

So they had to find a viable way to add wardrobe without possibly losing money.

wouldn't that make sense?

For the past 14 years we've always paid 1$ for extra space that a mule gives, both inventory and also AH (and login campaign purposes too, sometimes), so they've now put a price to the additional commodity of having it on your main character.
It depends, I'm out of touch with the current state of the game but last I played it was quite common for players to have their mule(s) on a second account for the benefit of dual boxing (or triboxing, or there was someone on this site that would octabox...). Is that still a common thing? Double dipping on subs this way was a boon to SE and while they might lose out on a couple mules being dropped they could also be doubling up on dual boxers.

At the end of the day though I think the biggest issue people see with this is the lack of permanence. Instead of being a one time investment like the security token you pay out every month for this, and if there is one thing I remember from the game it's that any time they added more inventory those slots filled fast and suddenly became hard to imagine living with out. If you deactivate that portion of the sub for one reason or another will you be able to retrieve those items or are they stuck in limbo till you reactive the wardrobes? Could you go back to living without that extra inventory space after having it for a couple months?

Whether or not it's a piece of ***move falls in the realm of personal opinion. But optional or not it is still a very transparent attempt to milk more money from players without actually changing the sub fee.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-06-30 09:07:41  
I think the funniest part out of all of this, is the fact for years we've always asked for more inventory, and we were always told "we will have to carefully check into this, server strain, etc" and their jury rigging of the data to make it work, suddenly they're able to add not 1, not 2, but now 3 recent 80+ inventories with zero issues?

Oh but money's involved.

Please look forward to it and submit your feedback! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19