Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for Clears)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 16:19:50  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
They probably are, but I don't want to tell our members that. They have to be portrayed as the hardest NM ever or they might not try as hard. Also the above comment was more towards those people who /tell me to go low-man.

Edit: Thanks for the tips man. I do appreciate it, and I missed your advice during Palloritus, but we just fought through it all.

Not a problem!

Really, the main thing after popping the MB's will be as you mentioned - having everyone alive throughout. For this reason we always just had the PLD and SAM with the MB. We didn't even risk a GEO standing there (even with a robust DT set). I do bring a THF along but they just stick TH and run back, stick TH and run back. THF/RDM also for phalanx and stoneskin.

That's really it. Have the PLD tank the MB's on an east wall so GEO's can take advantage of the Cardinal Chant bonus when nuking, or west if the emphasis is on MB'ing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-10 16:34:38  
Spawning Perfidien

1) Kill elementals with tier IV and V spells according to their weakness five times.

2) Perform a 4-step skillchain.
(e.g. A Samurai with Soboro Sukehiro can do Tachi: Jinpu four times)

3) Kill elementals with magic bursts five times.

If any players dies before the three conditions are met, Perfidien will not spawn. If any player dies during the fight Perfidien will Warp out.

Keep any unneeded players out of range during the spawn phase. This phase uses PLD, SAM, BLM and any required healers.

Perfidien mechanics

-At 90% and lower HP, Perfidien changes elemental weakness every 10~15%, marked with a blue or red trigger !!s. Emote texts announce the weakness element after somebody correctly hits it.

-Hitting the wrong element will cause Encumbrance with duration based on the damage dealt.

-Absorbs elemental damage of the element weak to the element Perfidien is weak to. (e.g. with Fire elemental weakness, hitting it with Ice damage cures it).

Only PLD and SAM in NM range (THF/rdm can TH). Tank on west/east wall depending. (West adds to MB bonus for GEOs)

Mages should revert to T1 wheel whenever a nuke is absorbed, until the weakness is found.

Perfidien moves

Blast of Reticence: deals damage and applies silence.
Frozen Blood: deals damage and applies paralyze.
Eternal Misery: deals damage and applies zombie.
Ensepulcher: deals damage and applies petrification.
Bane of Tartarus: strips all buffs, including food, and applies weakness. Weakness lasts about 60s.

Shell/Haste most important for the PLD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-10 17:33:45  
I forget who our SAM is but if he doesn't have a Soboro he should get one, ***isn't hard to get.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-10 18:18:48  
As long as the PLDs understand that they aren't part of the SCs, it shouldn't be an issue regardless.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-11 10:17:12  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
As long as the PLDs understand that they aren't part of the SCs, it shouldn't be an issue regardless.
So you're OK to cover SAM on Tuesday?

Still looking for more confirms before Tuesday.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-07-11 11:27:28  
I'll come as Mythic SAM and I'll bring Mopo as either 5 Song/Gjallahorn BRD or Mythic GEO.

Your pic.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-11 15:41:42  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I'll come as Mythic SAM and I'll bring Mopo as either 5 Song/Gjallahorn BRD or Mythic GEO.

Your pic.

No need for any of that.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-07-11 16:30:24  
split the parties up at that point lol
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-11 20:19:29  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
So you're OK to cover SAM on Tuesday?

Still looking for more confirms before Tuesday.
I'll be here Tuesday, whether you need me as last minute PLD, COR or SAM for SCs, I'm good to go for anything.

Just need to fix the issue we had the first run where every SC was either destroyed by a PLD or by ranged DDs. Because if it goes the same, whether I have a Soboro or an Ito, we won't go anywhere.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-07-11 23:26:26  
Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Myathi WHM
Vaness BRD

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Kylos COR
Switchbladee BRD
Seiza RNG
Senkyuutai SAM
Rusch GEO

Mage Party
Scotchtape BLM
Kingofhades BLM
Davcon BLM
Quilly SMN
Phrozen COR
Shiiga RDM or GEO

If you can get this set up, you would be in a good spot. Sam only does the sc/mb and 4-6 steps, does not need to fight boss. Rngs can skillchain for the blms and if a rng doesn't have wildfire, cor can sub in for that.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-12 10:48:06  
Nah Senk, any rangers would be sat down on their chairs at that point.

Looks like an interesting alliance Reiden. I have other players as well though in Onvasquez and Crusher. Tikal as well. Also I can Wildfire spam quite easily in the DD party. Also Switchbladee has BRD?? I would rather bring Dangerdrj for that, Switch can be a 2nd WHM somewhere.

Really need a 2nd GEO in the LS. Tikal or Avalon can cover that, but not on the first run usually. The start time has been pushed back to 10pm GMT/5pm EST.

I will be on tonight looking for some confirms.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-13 13:32:22  
A number of players have confirmed their attendance for tomorrow, and it's a first come, first serve basis for Perfidien. Currently chilling in Adoulin if anyone has yet to confirm their attendance.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-13 17:48:12  
Perfidien Alliance. (Gather at 10pm GMT 5pm EST)

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Crusher (RDM or THF?)
Myathi WHM
SwitchBladee WHM
Vaness BRD
Senkyuutai SAM

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Organisedchaos RNG
Onvasquez BRD
COR Kylos
Quilly SMN
Rusch GEO

Mage Party
Kingofhades BLM
Scotchtape BLM
Davcon BLM
Artax SCH
Tikal GEO
Phrozen COR
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-07-13 19:29:51  

Perfidien moves

Bane of Tartarus: strips all buffs, including food, and applies weakness. Weakness lasts about 60s.

Those are actually Plouton's move set, hopefully perf was a joke to tank for you guys. Bane of Tartarus should be the only real threat and to be safe tp feed should stop and whm should keep cureskin on at all times during weakness.

If you use a thf for some th pay special attention when they run in and be ready to stona them or erase a bind, them getting caught close too long can get result in a death and end of the run.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-07-14 00:08:27  
Perfidien Alliance. (Gather at 10pm GMT 5pm EST)

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Crusher PLD
Myathi WHM
SwitchBladee WHM
Vaness BRD
Senkyuutai SAM

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Onvasquez BRD
COR Kylos
Quilly SMN
Rusch GEO

Looking for RNG.

Mage Party
Kingofhades BLM
Scotchtape BLM
Davcon BLM
Artax SCH
Tikal GEO
Phrozen COR

This is good enough. Only thing i would change is Crusher to a useful job like maybe RDM or even THF
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-14 12:07:10  
Yes I was thinking two PLD was too much.

Also still looking for a RNG for tonight's run.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-14 12:16:07  

What time did you say you're moved your start time to?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-14 12:16:47  
10pm GMT 5pm EST. Just found us a new Ranger as well. Updating the alliance post.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-14 12:26:52  

2 PLDs are probably too much as there's really no reason, it makes sense in other runs because there are waves of mobs and sometimes big pulls + the boss.

But with Perf and Plou, it's much more controlled and generally speaking, 1 PLD will be tanking Perf while the other twiddles their thumbs and since the run is over if that PLD dies, there is no recovery for required from the 2nd PLD.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-14 12:41:24  
Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it out. Just need to find Crusher and see what else he can provide. Only seen him play PLD so far.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-14 15:37:32  
Gathering now. Let me know in LS chat when you're online.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-14 18:38:03  
Congrats and thanks for the Perfidien clear. A short and easy run. Nailed the spawning and mechanics of the boss rather well. Plouton is very similar so it shouldn't be a problem.

Can confirm attendance anytime with Quilly or myself, here or in-game. Gather at 10pm GMT 5pm EST on Tuesday 21st.

Spawning Plouton

1) On elementals, perform skillchains and magic burst without killing them five times.

2) Perform a 6-step skillchain on elementals. e.g. A Samurai with Soboro Sukehiro can do Tachi: Jinpu six times.

3) Kill five or more elementals with magic damage.

If any players dies before the three conditions are met, Plouton will not spawn. If any player dies during the fight Plouton will Warp out.

Keep any unneeded players out of range during the spawn phase. This phase uses PLD, SAM, BLM and any required healers.

Plouton mechanics

- At 90% and lower HP, Plouton changes elemental weakness every 10~15%, marked with a blue or red trigger !!s. Emote texts announce the weakness element after somebody correctly hits it.

- Hitting the wrong element will cause Encumbrance with duration based on the damage dealt.

- (Credit: Ruaumoko) At different stages of the fight Plouton will gain a considerable DT-% effect which cannot be removed until a blue or red stagger is achieved. The method to removing this DT-% is simple but can go horribly wrong if your mages are not paying attention. Like Perfidien, Plouton can broadcast which element he is weak to (in the log) so the back line mages need to be on the ball.

- Absorbs elemental damage of the element weak to the element Perfidien is weak to. (e.g. with Fire elemental weakness, hitting it with Ice damage cures it).

- Only PLD and SAM in NM range (THF/rdm can TH). Tank on west/east wall depending. (West adds to MB bonus for GEOs)

- Mages should revert to T1 wheel whenever a nuke is absorbed, until the weakness is found in the log.

- SAM will skillchain (depending on weakness) so the BLM can Magic Burst for high damage. Rangers/Corsairs should wait til after the skillchains to WS.

Plouton moves

Shell/Haste most important for the PLD.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-16 18:59:42  
Looking for feedback on lotting rules following Plouton next week. Also considering a way to decide who lots the unlikely Tartarus Platemail drop on Tuesday. I will be online over the weekend so you can leave feedback here, or in /tell.

I would like to make a system which works for everyone. I'm not a fan of a points system, however I would like to link lotting with attendance. I'm considering a wishlist for each player who regularly joins Vagary. I do not wish to add money drops to the wishlist, only equipment. Also I like the idea of players who return to the ls having to earn the right to a wishlist. Any equipment which has no one seeking would go free lot.

As far as the platemail goes, I would like to leave up to the LS at this point. Everyone should vote on who they believe deserves it. I would like the LS to decide.

Nothing is final at the moment, but I realize many players in the linkshell are close to having full clears, and I would like players to stick around and have a better chance at drops. I still want the main focus to be clearing NM for anyone who needs it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-20 16:20:22  
I have had confirmations from Tidis, Quilly, Zalorolo, Rusch, Phrozen, OrganisedChaos and Switchbladee so far. (Crusher & Avalon may be involved) Please let me know if you will be attending so I can make the alliance for Plouton.

Myathi can't make it so looking for a replacement WHM to look after Tidis.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 12:45:09  
So Plouton is going to be missing some key players. Here's the alliance so far.

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Switchbladeee WHM
Crusher (Not sure which job yet)
Senkyutaai SAM

Missing BRD for the PLD.

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Quilly RNG
OrganisedChaos RNG
Rusch GEO (might be late)
Kylos COR

Missing BRD

Mage Party
Kingofhades BLM (might be late)
Scotchtape BLM
Davcon BLM
Phrozen COR
Diamoond GEO

Missing SCH

Awaiting confirmation from Artax, Dangerdrj and Onvasquez.

Vaness and Myathi have confirmed they will not be there.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-21 12:58:52  
I'll be here.

The Tartarus Platemail is a trophy/vanity piece at this point for most players. It would be wrong to 1) have people gang up to vote on someone and 2) actually believe that someone deserves a vanity piece more than the other.

If anything, you are the one that puts in the most efforts, so if in your mind there shouldn't be an automatic person who should get it, then it's free for anyone to get it as long as they will actually use it as a vanity piece or, for some people, as a macro piece.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-21 13:02:31  
I can confirm that I'm available to help in 4 1/2 hours. That's what time I'll be home from work. I haven't checked your event schedule though to see where that falls in terms of start time, etc.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 13:06:41  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I can confirm that I'm available to help in 4 1/2 hours. That's what time I'll be home from work. I haven't checked your event schedule though to see where that falls in terms of start time, etc.

An hour and half late. Ill have to find a replacement I think, but yeah.. finding one is easier said than done. (Edit: Diamoond can cover it)

Nice one Senk .. now I just need to find you a WHM.

Also yeah, Tidis wants the platemail, as do I, and so does Quilly. I'm sure others want it also. Difficult to decide who should lot it if it does happen to drop. Would be crazy if it went to free lot.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-21 13:11:40  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

An hour and half late. Ill have to find a replacement I think, but yeah.. finding one is easier said than done.

Nice one Senk .. now I just need to find you a WHM.

Also yeah, Tidis wants the platemail, as do I, and so does Quilly. I'm sure others want it also. Difficult to decide who should lot it if it does happen to drop.

/panic

And no problem if you have to get another GEO.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 13:15:23  
Yeah Diamoond can do it. We have to wait on King to come home but he won't be too late I imagine.

As for the platemail, on one hand, I created the LS, set up every run, lead every run, and did everything else inbetween, so I can see why I should have the right to lot, but Tidis has been there every run on PLD and tanked everything for us. I don't like it when leaders decide "i'm going to lot this", without getting any feedback.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9