Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for Clears)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-21 13:27:00  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Yeah Diamoond can do it. We have to wait on King to come home from his doctor's appointment but he won't be too late I imagine.

As for the platemail, on one hand, I created the LS, set up every run, lead every run, and did everything else inbetween, so I can see why I should have the right to lot, but Tidis has been there every run on PLD and tanked everything for us. I don't like it when leaders decide "i'm going to lot this", without getting any feedback.

It's a fine line and a complex one at that.

On one hand, you do have certain unspoken entitlements should the subject of treasure allocation be brought up, especially if you've been solely responsible for organizing and managing all your Vagary events.

And then there's the other side of the coin where outspoken members may say "Well, you may have organized this but you wouldn't have been able to kill the NM/MB without us, so... FL!"

Players like Exiled use a DKP system for their lotting rules. As the leader of his LS, he ended up with the most points anyway for his Platemail drop.

I have a solid loot system for my Rhapsodies LS (subsidiary of ZeroGil, if you will). It's fair for the sponsor and everyone stands to gain something from each event.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 13:32:18  
Yeah, when I started the ls up, I said I didn't want to use a points system (my old dyna ls used one to great effect, but I didn't manage it), and everything was free lot as long as Quilly and I needed clears. Didn't know whether we would reach Plouton or not, so the platemail didn't come to mind.

I want to change the lotting rules after today's event, but not before .. except who gets the platemail. Chances are it won't drop anyway, but it's good to plan for the unexpected.

I was going to ask everyone if they could choose one player (aside from themselves) who should have the right, and I would probably do it over /tell. If that idea sucks then I won't bother.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-21 13:38:35  
Yeah, when I started the ls up, I said I didn't want to use a points system (my old dyna ls used one to great effect, but I didn't manage it), and everything was free lot as long as Quilly and I needed clears. Didn't know whether we would reach Plouton or not, so the platemail didn't come to mind.

I want to change the lotting rules after today's event, but not before .. except who gets the platemail. Chances are it won't drop anyway, but it's good to plan for the unexpected.

I would say just make sure there's clarity on the Platemail before you start the run. That way no one can groan and moan after the fact.

Good luck on the run! If you cleared Perfidien then Plouton should be a walk in the park.

And careful on taking a poll on who should get the drop! You may have a member controlling 5 mules so the results will be skewed! >:)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 13:42:19  
One of my main rules is that I don't allow dual box mules to join us. Any player who joins us has to be clear if they want to use a different character. I don't allow dual box for lotting reasons, and to ensure an extra spot is available for anyone who could use the clear.

All I can do is ask everyone to be fair in their decision, and not just pick their best buddy.

Also thinking about it further .. I don't think pearlsacks should vote on this, meaning Tidis, Quilly and myself would not add to the poll.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 15:03:23  
Found another way of sorting out the mail drop. Going to do it by attendance instead, a poll is too much hassle.

Updated Alliance from previous page.

So Plouton is going to be missing some key players. Here's the alliance so far.

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Rasline WHM
Switchbladeee WHM (?)
Crusher (Not sure which job yet)
Senkyutaai SAM

Missing BRD

DD Party

Zalorolo RNG
Quilly RNG
OrganisedChaos RNG
Rusch GEO (might be late)
Kylos COR

Missing BRD

Mage Party
Kingofhades BLM (might be late)
Scotchtape BLM
Davcon BLM
Phrozen COR
Diamoond GEO

Missing SCH

Awaiting confirmation from Artax, Dangerdrj and Onvasquez.

Vaness and Myathi have confirmed they will not be there.

Looking for BRDx2 and SCH.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-21 16:54:25  
Your runs are plagued to never start on time!

I'm heading home in a few minutes and can help out on SCH or SMN if you still need. My SCH is built for self SC also, if that's why you use them.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 20:45:50  
Lost the winning streak today, but we learned many things. We will return to Plouton next Tuesday and win. I'm taking applications for the event immediately. Just let me know before Monday, if possible.

We had many difficulties with spawning Plouton. Especially the Magic Kills and Magic Burst phase. It took us a while to figure out how the Magic Kills phase worked. Once we figured it out, we tried the MAB phase, and the strategy on BGwiki was not accurate enough, so we wasted two runs trying to figure it out in practice, and by asking around/researching.

On the third run we managed to complete the MAB phase with the help of Brandi. Sadly by that time, we were already running out of time. We spawned Plouton and fought it down to 33% (ish), and a death happened, but it didn't matter as we were running out of time.

Time is a factor, so I will be looking for the best players on their best jobs. Let Quilly or myself know before Monday. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-21 22:06:53  
I'll be here. I'll upgrade some gear, should help a bit.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 15:13:07  
Recruitment: The Linkshell is currently seeking dedicated players who can 1) attend regularly, (and let me know whether you can't) 2) show up on time, and 3) can follow direction.

The Linkshell is seeking players in general. Many of our members can change job depending on who we find, so if you are interested in getting some Vagary clears, or you're a veteran who's seeking a piece of equipment, now is the time to apply.

After the linkshell clears T5 Plouton for the first time (next Tuesday), the lotting rules will change. Currently all equipment is free lot, except Tartarus Platemail.

I've had players interested in a 2nd run each week, during PST-EST time. I am unable to lead runs during American prime-time, but if anyone would like to come in (or anyone in the linkshell) and lead our members through runs, we can fully support you.

Vagary is specific on job selection. To enter Vagary you would need one of the following jobs geared for ilvl 119+ content: WHM BLM RDM SCH GEO BRD COR RNG SMN. (We already have a dedicated PLD and SAM)

If you are interested, you can PM me here, or send a /tell in-game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-28 12:53:07  
Plouton tonight will include the following confirmed players: Tidis, Kylos, Quilly, Zalorolo, Phrozen, Rusch, Myathi, Tikal and Kingofhades. There's more but I forgot to write them down.

I will not be posting an alliance this week, as players may need to change jobs depending on who shows.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-28 14:20:21  
Looking for Samurai (w/ Soboro) and Bard for Plouton. 10pm gmt 5pm est start time.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-07-28 15:01:52  
Looking for Samurai (w/ Soboro) and Bard for Plouton. 10pm gmt 5pm est start time.

Soboro? Just get a Mythic, stop being bad.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-28 15:26:53  
My delivery box is open, make sure to send me a PM after sending your donations so that I can log on to pick them up.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-07-28 15:29:40  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
My delivery box is open, make sure to send me a PM after sending your donations so that I can log on to pick them up.

Thanks.

I'll just log in and come help np!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-28 18:22:48  
Really nice run today which saw the linkshell complete Vagary clears. Six weeks to get the five clears, I cannot be happier with our members. Plouton was no problem today, and we finished with eight minutes to spare.

Then we decided to pop a Perfidien and killed that easily. It appears all the help from those on the forums, and members in the LS has contributed to these clears. Quite a few of us needed Plouton, and now we can focus on the equipment side of Vagary.

As I explained to the LS after the run today, lotting rules will change as of this week. Details will be ironed out soon. Thank you and Congratulations for all the clears.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-29 14:10:15  
The new lotting system is almost in place. I don't want to give details on the forum, however, if you are interested, I can send you the new lotting rules via PM. Would be easier than explaining it through /tell.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-29 14:14:59  
The new lotting system is almost in place. I don't want to give details on the forum, however, if you are interested, I can send you the new lotting rules via PM. Would be easier than explaining it through /tell.

I know I just help from time to time, but I'm curious what rules you have set in place.

And please let Quilly know me yelling at him to move was nothing personal. I was just trying to convey a dire notice for him to move away from the alliance since Plouton was going to spawn on him. I guess my messages were getting lost in chat.

No harm done!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-29 15:31:16  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

I know I just help from time to time, but I'm curious what rules you have set in place.

And please let Quilly know me yelling at him to move was nothing personal. I was just trying to convey a dire notice for him to move away from the alliance since Plouton was going to spawn on him. I guess my messages were getting lost in chat.

No harm done!

Quilly was getting confused, as I told him to stand somewhere (he's in the same room as me), then Tidis moved, so I told him to follow Tidis, then Tidis came back to the ele, then you told him to stand over near the wall lol. In the end he wasn't sure what to do, so I just told everyone to come to me. No harm done. I'll PM you about the lotting rules for helpers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-03 11:46:39  
As most of the linkshell knows by now, new lotting rules will be in place for tomorrow's run. I am looking for confirmations for members attendance for Putraxia.

This is also the best time for anyone who needs Vagary clears to join us. Please let me know whether you would like to join us tomorrow, at 10pm GMT/5pm EST for our second round of Vagary clears. Just let me know your jobs and I will get you in somewhere.

As for existing members, I am awaiting your wishlists. Please send them to me via /tell, or you can PM me here. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-08-03 18:38:35  
why dont you just make a guildwork page for your ls, since you intend on continuing with it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-04 12:26:32  
Cerberus.Reiden said: »
why dont you just make a guildwork page for your ls, since you intend on continuing with it.

I don't use guildwork, and I don't expect everyone else to use it. I could look into it though. At the moment this is more convenient.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-04 15:05:23  
Just a reminder for LS members. Putraxia in less than one hour. I am online so if you are interested in joining us, let me know. We will be doing Putraxia at least twice.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-08-04 16:08:04  
I'm not certain this was the intent of a server wide forum for you to coordinate and set up linkshell events.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-04 16:24:09  
Is it really that big a deal? This topic shows up once a week and then disappears again.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-08 07:13:49  
I originally made this post to assist in building a linkshell dedicated to clearing Vagary. I used it as a platform for our members to check in and see our progress. I looked for strategy, and I also posted my own strategies after clearing which I'm sure helped a few players across all servers.

Setting alliances up here worked initially, while I was getting my foot in the door and learning how to lead Vagary. The LS is casual and we only run once a week, so I didn't think it would bother anyone. In recent times I have not used this post to job select.

The linkshell is not a full-time LS, so requiring players to use guildwork (and teamspeak/vent) is unnecessary. I cannot force players to use guildwork so they remain updated.

The most important thing about the post is, it's easily accessible to players who are looking to do Vagary in the future, they can see our progress, and make an informed decision on whether they would like to join.

As the linkshell runs in GMT time (the least populated time of the day on Cerberus), I have to reach out in more ways than /yell. I don't like to stand around and /yell for members, it's nice to receive a /tell from someone who has seen this.

As Tidis said, we only run once a week (real-life commitments forbid me from doing more), and the post only comes to life once a week. If it offends anyone, and if you think what I am doing here is wrong, then I apologise.

I will finish this up by saying the linkshell welcomes anyone who wishes to do Vagary and has the appropriate jobs and gear progression. I will talk people through it, and I'm always willing to answer any questions. Have a nice day.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-11 12:55:59  
Just a reminder to linkshell members, and anyone else on the server who would like to give Vagary a go, we have a Rancibus event scheduled in three hours time at 10PM GMT 5PM EST. I will be online so send me a /tell if you are interested, or if you are a LS member who cannot make it. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-25 02:09:51  
Doing Perfidien today (and possibly Plouton) at 10pm GMT 5pm EST. It's likely we will have available spaces, so please let me know in-game or via PM with your preferred jobs.

The linkshell has multiple pops after beating Palloritus last week. If I do not respond to /tell, I am away and will return later. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-25 12:51:35  
Just a question for anyone who happens to know. How much accuracy does a SAM need (before buffs) if they are going to skillchain with Soboro?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-25 13:02:08  
Just a question for anyone who happens to know. How much accuracy does a SAM need (before buffs) if they are going to skillchain with Soboro?

COR Rolls, food and Precision should be enough in terms of support buffs - maybe Boost-DEX if the SAM is in a party with a WHM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-08-25 13:58:12  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

COR Rolls, food and Precision should be enough in terms of support buffs - maybe Boost-DEX if the SAM is in a party with a WHM.

Yeah I was already considering brd songs, cor rolls, rdm haste II and distract II, along with boost-dex and food. But now we need to find a SAM who can do it. Lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9