フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-17 16:05:37  
That'd actually give Reprisal 79 seconds duration, because Duration+ and Duration Received+ are separate terms when calculating.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 16:22:54  
Asura.Geriond said: »
That'd actually give Reprisal 79 seconds duration, because Duration+ and Duration Received+ are separate terms when calculating.

Nice, even better. Since I currently have 32% FC in my Reprisal set, I just tested it with capped magic haste and you get 50 seconds on Reprisal's recast with 60 seconds of duration. With the set I posted, you'd be looking at 29-30 seconds of being able to comfortably cast Reprisal again before it wears off if you're still magic haste capped. With just Haste II, your recast will be at 71-72 seconds. This still leaves you able to cast Reprisal again before it wears off.

So with that set, Haste II is in fact actually all you'll need to full time Reprisal.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-18 02:07:36  
So, I did a freaking ton of block rate testing recently. Wanted to get some data in general, and get some info on reprisal up block rates after the reprisal update.

First some base block rates. I wanted to get data on a variety of shields. A few of the shields had block+ on the shields themselves so I couldn't test them with 0 block+. The last column accounts for this and shows the blockrate without the block+ on the shield itself.

Using level 139 mobs this time. The highest level non-NM/non event mobs available.
Code
+--------------------+-------+--------+-------------+--------+----------+
| Base block rates   |       |        |             |        |          |
+-------------+------+-------+--------+-------------+--------+----------+
| Shield      | Size | Skill | block+ | test size   | block% |  -Block+ |
| Ochain      | 6    | 440   | 0      |    112,150  | 51.81  | 51.81    |
| Srivatsa    | 5    | 569   | 0      | 4438        | 22.98  | 22.98    |
| Aegis       | 5    | 440   | 0      | 7973        | 5      | 5        |
| Priwen      | 3    | 552   | 0      | 4761        | 11.07  | 11.07    |
| Nibiru      | 3    | 552   | 0      | 6697        | 11.05  | 11.05    |
| Adamas      | 3    | 440   | 0      | 9136        | 4.98   | 4.98     |
| Seigneur    | 3    | 440   | 0      | 3296        | 4.76   | 4.76     |
| Deliverance | 2    | 547   | 8      | 3545        | 13.34  | 5.34     |
| Beatific+1  | 1    | 547   | 5      | 3835        | 24.88  | 19.88    |
These numbers are of course no different from before the update. It's just nice to have them as it's easier to calculate changes in block rate starting from the base rather than having to reverse the effects of reprisal first.

Now for reprisal up data.
Code
+----------------------------+--------+--------+-----------+--------+----------+
| Reprisal up block rates    |        |        |           |        |          |
+-------------+------+-------+--------+--------+-----------+--------+----------+
| Shield      | Size | Skill | Rskill | block+ | test size | block% |  -Block+ |
+-------------+------+-------+--------+--------+-----------+--------+----------+
| Ochain      | 6    | 440   | 506    | 0      | 23574     | 97.89  | 97.89    |
| Srivatsa    | 5    | 569   | 654    | 0      | 6473      | 53.5   | 53.5     |
| Aegis       | 5    | 440   | 506    | 0      | 7868      | 10.28  | 10.28    |
| Priwen      | 3    | 552   | 634    | 0      | 7133      | 86.06  | 86.06    |
| Nibiru      | 3    | 552   | 634    | 0      | 5781      | 43.56  | 43.56    |
| Adamas      | 3    | 440   | 506    | 0      | 6078      | 4.64   | 4.64     |
| Seigneur    | 3    | 440   | 506    | 0      | 3843      | 6.12   | 6.12     |
| Deliverance | 2    | 547   | 629    | 8      | 3345      | 46.77  | 38.77    |
| Beatific+1  | 1    | 547   | 629    | 5      | 3085      | 63.63  | 58.63    |
Ochain is not quite capped here, but will easily cap just from the block+3 on Rudianos' base stats. So it's fairly reasonable to say that Ochain is pretty much going to have capped blockrate by default on anything ~139 with reprisal up.

Priwen's block rate is also doing quite well. With a little bit of gearing towards skill+/block+ is shouldn't be terrible hard to cap block rate with priwen as well. Although I think it's important to keep in mind that if you want to maintain that capped rate, you'd need to maintain that same skill+/block+ gear across your casting sets, etc as well. Ochain does not require this additional effort on mobs of this level. Also, Priwen's block rate drops off really fast as mob level increases. More on this later.

Srivatsa is also doing a bit better with the reprisal adjustment. With a very block rate focused set you could get it's block rate somewhere decent.

There are some oddities in some of the test data here, but I've decided to defer those to a later post as it was turning into quite a long tangent.

I put together a little projection showing the various shields current dmg reduction and well as how they will change as mob level rises.
Code
+-------------+--------+-------+--------+-------+--------+-------+
|             | 139    |       | 145    |       | 150    |       |
| Shield      | block% | dmg-  | block% | dmg-  | block% | dmg-  |
| Ochain      | 97.89  | 58.73 | 85.50  | 51.30 | 74.25  | 44.55 |
| Srivatsa    | 53.5   | 40.13 | 48.38  | 36.29 | 37.13  | 27.85 |
| Aegis       | 10.28  | 7.71  | 5.00   | 5.63  | 5.00   | 5.63  |
| Priwen      | 86.06  | 68.85 | 59.10  | 47.28 | 36.60  | 29.28 |
| Nibiru      | 43.56  | 34.85 | 29.52  | 23.62 | 18.27  | 14.62 |
| Deliverance | 46.77  | 32.04 | 32.96  | 22.57 | 21.71  | 14.87 |
| Beatific+1  | 63.63  | 21.63 | 50.27  | 17.09 | 39.02  | 13.27 |
You can see that while Priwen starts off with the higher dmg reduction, then block rate drops very quickly as mob level rises and Ochain pulls ahead.

Personally, I think still prefer Ochain even at mob lvl 139 where it would be possible to cap Priwen with a bit more gear. With Ochain I can use a hybrid tank set and focus on Atonement spam while maintaining capped block rate with just Rudianos mantle's block+. Or for spell spam I can drop SIRD entirely in my enmity casting sets due to capped block rate(as long as I'm keeping everything in front of me), letting me push enmity+ higher.

I'm also starting to feel like the higher dmg- on block other shields have over Ochain... doesn't really matter that much. Most normal hits will hit 0 after phalanx(and often cure skin) anyway. It would make a bigger difference on WS, but even with just Ochain's block dmg- I'm still seeing mostly 0~100'ish dmg blocked WS in dynamis D. I'd rather just actually block every ws. No major spike dmg makes for a very stable tanking experience.

It's also worth noting that it is now possible to hit 100% block rate on lvl 150 mobs with Ochain and a block focused set. No DM augs required. Although it is rather annoying trying to maintain that kind of skill+/block+ across various casting sets to keep that block rate on cast.

I'm thinking of putting together something going over the expected block rates for the various monster levels in dynamis D(127~149) and possibly look at how much skill/block+ would be needed to cap block rate for various shields, when possible, on those mobs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-18 02:13:43  
There are a few oddities in the previous shield test post I wanted to go over here. Moved it to a separate post cause it felt like a huge derail of the main topic for the other post.

I've previously posted, in response to a question about Adamas, that I would expect it to have about 15% blockrate even when the base rate is floored. This has turned out to very much Not be the case. 4.64% block rate with reprisal up... Even without the reprisal enhancement, I would have expected this to be at least 7.5%. 5% base after floor * 1.5. But that didn't happen either.

This rather defies how I thought reprisal worked in regards to the block rate floor. Considering that Reprisal itself has recently been adjusted this may have simply changed. Reprisal may now be applied before the floor...

I did an additional test with a non ilvl size 3 shield.(see seigneur test) And got 6.12% block rate. The margin of error on a 3.8k sample size is too small for that to actually be 5% or 7.5%. When I calculated the block rate for 506 skill on a size 3 shield I got 3.79% blockrate. 3.79%*1.5=5.685. This value would be within the margin of error for the Seigneur test. So that could be what is happening here.

But while that at least sorta makes sense for Seigneur, it doesn't explain Adamas' weirdly low block rate. Even if we assumed Reprisal was applying prefloor, we should still be seeing around 11.37% blockrate. 3.79*3. Ad I know Adamas has the x3 reprisal mod as I've tested that before. Unless they changed it or something... Which would be weird. SO yeah, I don't really get what's going on there.

In practice, none of this matters all that much. It's only applicable when blockrate is below the floor, and even then it's a matter of if you're getting 2.5% blockrate or not. But I like to know how things actually work. <,<;
 Siren.Quagmire
サーバ: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2020-08-23 20:14:07  
Anyone here out of pure fun have a g-sword build?
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-08-23 21:10:22  
Siren.Quagmire said: »
Anyone here out of pure fun have a g-sword build?
I do for my Ragnarok, and someday would like to get a Caladbolg as well for funsies! My sets aren't really anything to write home about though, I recently returned a little over a month ago from a 3ish year hiatus. Kinda scrubby but if you're really curious...

A lot of stuff is very sub-optimal, but it's what I have to work with currently. Some things are just borrowed from other sets, quite noticeably the Torcleaver cape which is just my Savage Blade cape. Obviously if I ever did get around to making a Caladbolg I'd invest in the VIT version, but for now kinda can't really afford using my ambuscade points on it.

Edit: Had to fix a few spots of pasting the wrong augments/itemset codes. Oops!

Greatsword TP
Emicho Haubert & Gauntlets: Path B (HP/Dex/Acc)
Odyssean Cuisses: Accuracy+20, Attack+24, Double Attack+3%
Rudianos's: STR+30, Accuracy+20, Attack+20, Double Attack+10%
Sailfi Belt R15
ItemSet 375061

Resolution
Valorous Mail: Accuracy+29, Attack+11, Double Attack+4%
Rudianos's: STR+30, Accuracy+20, Attack+20, Double Attack+10%
ItemSet 375062

Torcleaver
Odyssean Helm: VIT+4, Accuracy+8, Attack+5, WSD+4%
Odyssean Gauntlets: VIT+4, Accuracy+24, Attack+33, WSD+1%
Valorous Hose: STR+3, Accuracy+23, Attack+21, WSD+4%
Rudianos's: STR+30, Accuracy+20, Attack+20, WSD+10%
ItemSet 375060
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-08-25 16:52:33  
Has any testing been done for Shield Bash in terms of Stun Rate/duration since its been shown that Shield Bash enhancing gear just adds damage? I would think MACC but I remember Neosutra postulated that skill might affect it or even shield mastery (which I doubt as it deals with TP return). Its been very useful with the reduced timer, especially in Dynamis bit having it reliably land would seriously be the icing on the cake.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-08-25 21:48:11  
The Ajax +1 R15 not working on Reprisal bug is getting looked at now btw. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was holding off on making one. Hopefully will be working by the next patch.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-08-29 10:40:15  
Shield Bash Stun Proc Testing
Constants: Burtgang 119-1, Ochain-90, Apex Umbril (Raz'Kanar Inner Court), 2061 Applied Job Points

282 MACC: 20/20 Stuns

50 MACC: 14/20 Stuns

yes its a small sample, but i think the results are quite telling. Base proc is around 75-80% , an additional 230MACC seems to push it to 100% or at least makes a noticeable improvement. Duration was the same between the 2 gear sets, lasting around 3 seconds. more testing would just give more accurate base/improvement rates, but this small sample proves MACC affects Stun Proc.
[+]
 Siren.Quagmire
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2020-09-01 02:45:08  
Just wanted to say thanks. :D
 Shiva.Kaisamoht
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kaisamoht
By Shiva.Kaisamoht 2020-09-01 10:22:28  
I just recently got PLD to 99. Going back to get af/relic/empy gear, which pieces are must haves? A lot of sets I'm seeing don't even have many if any of those pieces in the sets. Working on aegis/ochain atm as well.
By Wotasu 2020-09-01 11:47:00  
Shiva.Kaisamoht said: »
I just recently got PLD to 99. Going back to get af/relic/empy gear, which pieces are must haves? A lot of sets I'm seeing don't even have many if any of those pieces in the sets. Working on aegis/ochain atm as well.
None are really super needed sadly, AF Body+3 has nice FC, but you can get the same from Sacro Breastplate.
AF Feet has nice Shield skill if you plan to build a ilvl150 shield set for Ochain.
Relic Gauntlets+2/3 adds dispel on Shield Bash. (limited uses)
Empy Feet enhances Divine Emblems Enm generation.
You could argue Empy legs "Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage +12".
But the Souveran setsbonus & HP/Enm augments are so nice it's hard to favor other things.
By soralin 2020-09-01 12:05:30  
Every single piece of the relic gear should be made.

Head: Rampart +30 seconds, mandatory.

Body: Fealty: +4 seconds / merit level

Hands: Shield bash dispel and increases MP return of Chivalry.

Legs: Invincible duration +10 seconds.

Feet: Sentinal +15 seconds

All of those are mandatory for any half decent paladin.

AF Feet give massive bonuses to Holy Circle, which is an important JA because yeah, there's a decent bit of undead fights out there this shines on.

AF Heads +Cover Duration is mandatory, because until you get solid on paladin, you will get in parties with DDs who rip hate off you and cover is the best way to deal with that.

Empy feet are also important, gives a pretty fat enmity bonus to Divine Emblem > Flash or Divine Emblem > Holy II MB
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-09-01 12:20:46  
I can’t even recall the last time I even used cover, hardly anyone even understands how it works and don’t bother moving into position when they get hate, add on to this (IIRC) this is partywide only which limits its use even further.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-09-01 12:45:12  
Actually forgot about the augments~ I have the full set +3 and macro'd when needed, just totally forgot about the augs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-09-01 18:50:34  
soralin said: »
It's 10 seconds, and only if you have 5/5 guardian merits.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-09-01 19:43:51  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Is the Sentinel+25 on them extra damage reduction then? I kinda always thought they added a flat +25 seconds to Sentinel plus the Guardian bonus, but I've never actually timed my Sentinel duration...
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-01 20:09:17  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Is the Sentinel+25 on them extra damage reduction then? I kinda always thought they added a flat +25 seconds to Sentinel plus the Guardian bonus, but I've never actually timed my Sentinel duration...
It's +25% PSDT for the initial, capping out at -100%, this decays to -50% at 8% less per every 3s.

I am unsure if they need to be equipped for the whole duration (which could also mean that they increase the base PSDT reduction from -50% to -75%), or just upon activation like with the duration bonus.
By soralin 2020-09-01 20:53:51  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
I can’t even recall the last time I even used cover, hardly anyone even understands how it works and don’t bother moving into position when they get hate, add on to this (IIRC) this is partywide only which limits its use even further.

I have pretty much always had skilled players in parties pretty capable of knowing how cover works. My pld mostly gets use in Ambu V1VD monthly PUGs and Ive pretty much everytime had the primary jacked DD player already know how to position for cover for me and just did it.

Maybe once or twice I had to mention it and then people were like "Aight np".

I dunno, I consider Cover one of paladin's most important abilities since it lets you effectively ignore enmity mechanics for 30 secs which is so clutch for any fight with hate resets.

"Just stand behind me for the hate reset, for cover" and most DDs are like "Ah, gotcha"
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-09-01 22:19:25  
Shiva.Kaisamoht said: »
Congratulations and welcome to Paladin suffering fun! I don't consider my input quite as valuable as the more experienced and well geared veterans here, but perhaps my perspective of recently returning to the game might have some use.

I had only gotten a few Paladin pieces to i109 before quitting last time, so I read up on the +1/+2/+3 sets and tried to figure out what would be best to prioritize or be nice to eventually get, and then what I personally am ignoring (for now at least, ideally in a perfect realm I'd max everything out since Paladin is my primary job, but being realistic since I'm also simultaneously gearing 2 other jobs...). Again this is just all my personal opinions, coming from someone who only started trying out Dynamis Divergence a few weeks ago. x9

This ended up becoming a large wall of text, so here's the short lists.
Artifact I am taking +2 or higher: Head, Body
Relic I am taking +2 or higher: Hands, Feet
Empyrean I have at +1: Head, Feet
==================================================================
Artifact
My priorities for +2/+3: Body, Head
Reasons: For body, I don't have Sacro Breastplate, and ultimately +3 body has a very delicious amount of HP for using in precast, so I decided it's valuable for me. Previously was using augmented Yorium so even +2 was a big upgrade. As for head, I play primarily with my 3 friends so I do use Cover fairly often. I can understand some people don't care to bother with it, but I figure I may as well get extra mileage out of it since I do use it (especially in Ambuscade).
Leaving at +1: Legs, Feet
Reasons: While I know Enhancing+ isn't quite as big of a deal to us as other jobs, I slot it in for appropriate spells so having slightly more HP and skill on it is nice. I just personally don't feel investing beyond is worth it to me though. Similar with feet, excellent for Holy Circle boost but I am fine with them being just an activation macro piece.
Skipped/Left at i109: Hands
Reasons: I struggle to think of a use for these... I just got them to i109 for sake of having the full set "reforged".

Relic
Priorities for +2/+3: Hands, Feet
Reasons: I upgraded hands to +2 solely for the tidbit of utility they earn by getting a Dispel effect for Shield Bash. Probably not something to rely on but hey if I could potentially remove something nasty or give the support(s) one less thing to dispel, that's a plus to me. As for feet, I want them for the Sentinel bonus. Love that ability!
Leaving at +1: Body, Head, Legs
Reasons: I do slap on the body during Cover for the extra MP, however I personally don't feel the little extra MP gained from +2/+3 is really all that appealing to drop resources for. Sure, you get a bit more HP and DT-% for while you're using it, but it seems very small and not that big of a deal (compared to AF1 body gaining a massive amount of +HP). Head and Legs I just +1'd for the ever-so-slightly more HP and Enmity over i109. To me they're just there for the abilities they augment. Rampart remains at +30 across all iterations, so... just doesn't seem wise to upgrade it beyond +1? Maybe others have a different take.

Empyrean
Prioritized for +1: Head, Feet
Reasons: I quite like the amount of HP on the head along with its Fast Cast for precast sets. Ideally, for now one would instead utilize Carmine Mask+1 since it's only 7 HP less (with Path A augment) but has 3% higher Fast Cast over Empyrean. However we are eventually going to get +2 and +3... I quite like thinking about how much extra HP and Fast Cast this piece will get. Of course we could get prank'd with it getting barely any more HP and FC, but we'll see! Feet meanwhile are purely for the Divine Emblem bonus.
Leaving at i109 for now: Body, Legs, Hands
Reasons: Nothing too noteworthy... for now. As others have mentioned an argument could be made for the legs since they have reduction of enmity loss on damage taken. If you have nothing better they make a nice intro piece for tanking sets. Body is super meh as it is currently. We have much better choices for damage mitigation on that slot. Hands having extra sword skill and shield defense bonus isn't terrible, just better choices out there. Similar with legs they seem alright for someone lacking immediate options.
Edit Addendum: I'll add in that I would've definitely +1'd legs for tanking sets in a heartbeat if I didn't already have 5/5 Souveran. x9 I think its +2/+3 version potential is very high, let's hope they don't bomb it.
===================================================================
Gosh that ended up more long winded than I planned, apologies! I am quite hopeful we'll get some cool stuff on all the +2 and +3 empyrean pieces. Here's to hoping we don't get coal under the Christmas tree come whatever content yields further Empyrean reforging. Ultimate fantasy would be us finally getting at least one WSD+ piece since almost every other melee class gets one from artifact and one from relic (I think Bard only gets from Relic?).
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-09-02 06:55:26  
I would argue that Empy legs are indispensable as they are the only other piece available that stymie enmity bleed off that isn't a mythic weapon. The stat loss compared to Relic/AF +3 is minimal so when ever they decide to implement Empy +3, they will undoubtedly be Best in Slot.
The entirety of each set has use or in tue case of the Empy set, promise to be very good if not BiS.
I'm gunna echo Madotsukii on AF+3A Body, it's BiS body. If it had refresh, there would be no reason to ever take it off. Sacro breastplate is comparable, but has less HP no DT and more importantly no Enmity. Couple that with the drop rate and the slog that is the HTB, unless you're totes in love with PLD and are choosing between the 2, go AF+3.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-02 11:57:34  
Any piece with +enmity reduces CE loss from taking damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2020-09-09 20:25:20  
Is the OP update for turtle? Still Souveran?
By soralin 2020-09-09 21:23:04  
Yes as far as I have seen, its still the highest amount of HP and cure pot recieved.

Though I think we should keep an eye on Obviation cuirass +1 this upcoming patch, might be a contender depending on what augments it gets.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 00:27:38  
Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue wherein augments would not apply properly to Ajax +1.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-09-10 12:05:52  
Yes as far as I have seen, its still the highest amount of HP and cure pot recieved.

Though I think we should keep an eye on Obviation cuirass +1 this upcoming patch, might be a contender depending on what augments it gets.

It ends up being kind of a sidegrade for Sacro Breastplate for magic evasion set rather than a turtle piece, yeah? Same meva, less counter/regen/HP, some PDT and enmity?

Loess Barbuta +1 gets even nicer. That much DT in a midcast enmity piece is welcome.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-09-18 00:45:44  
Productive week for me as I got my last piece of Volte to complete my set, and finished my base Burtgang.

Anyone have advice for where/how to do the Atonement trials?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-09-18 01:20:44  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Productive week for me as I got my last piece of Volte to complete my set, and finished my base Burtgang.

Anyone have advice for where/how to do the Atonement trials?

Go to Aby zones as /DNC or /NIN with Razed Ruin/Apoc/Gnarled Horn Atmas and another sword offhand, and just melee things down until they’re at <15% for Atonement.
By soralin 2020-09-18 01:59:40  
You can speed it up even more by using Ochain for the massive TP gain from blocking, round up a huge crowd of melee enemies matching your type, then use Circle Blade a couple times to whittle them down to ~25%.

Then just rapid fire pop em off with a bunch of Atonements.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 137 138 139