言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 137 138 139
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 16:08:03  
At this point I dont even know if you read my posts or just create your own version of them in your mind. You keep reading stuff I havent wrote.

SimonSes said: »
Doing VE is possible with minimal equip and once you get any Malignance pieces, its only being easier.
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Man, do you read what you even post? The fact that you'd tell a new THF to farm Malignance gear, IN MALIGNANCE GEAR tells me you're on another level of what-the-***.

I clearly wrote that you start with no Malignance gear and its only getting easier to farm when you get any Malignance piece.

I got 5 volte (3 head and 2 feet)
I'm glad that it took you 12 runs to outlot and win 5/5 Volte, but please realize that it was purely luck, just like it was luck that I went ~100 Lilith runs to get 5/5.

I'm honestly blown away that you have no regard for the RNG. I went 1/1 Moonlight Nodowa when it was released, good RNG. 1/10 Aurgelmir Orb +1 w/o shield, good RNG. 1/84 Hexed Sune-ate -1. bad RNG. Your 12 runs to get 5/5 Volte is good RNG, and our last 3 Windurst runs netting zero Volte is bad RNG. Zero drops is zero drops if you're with 2 other friends, or a Linkshell run of 10 people.

Again I havent said anything about 5/5. Not sure how you read it really. Also I know exactly how RNG works and I had 0 drops in like 9 of those 12 runs, but 2 runs I had double drop and one run I had single drop.

We have group of people in our LS who merc volte and they have way bigger sample size than me and compered to their avg I was actually unlucky I think. The point is, if you really want to farm volte you will farm it. The only challenging thing is to manage your entry KI and find 2 people that are willing to let you in or farm and split. For many people it will be easy, for people with LS obligations it might be not.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-08-16 16:16:39  
That would be the equivalent of me telling a new THF to farm Lilith in 5/5 Malignance gear

This is exactly what I would suggest new THF to do

I clearly wrote that you start with no Malignance gear

At this point, I don't even think you read your own posts.
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 16:26:07  
Oh I actually missed what you wrote, not what I wrote. For some reason I read your post as "That would be the equivalent of me telling a new THF to farm Lilith for 5/5 Malignance gear" because that would be the only comparision that had sense. I havent suggested even once to farm volte, while wearing volte, so no idea why would you compare that to farming Malignance, while wearing Malignance. You totally dont need any rare or hard to get pieces to farm volte head, legs and feet needed for pld meva set. Its mostly a matter of finding 2 people willing to help you and having entry KI.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-16 17:10:12  
Says the person who is complaining about having LS events and not being able to run solo. If you have a full LS doing scheduled events, either move to doing farming runs for them to get people *who need specific volte pieces* drops, or go without them if they are unwilling to do so.

Its not like you need to do wave 3 clears twice a week every week.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-08-16 18:48:42  
Except that I didn't complain about attending my events. I merely pointed out that suggesting to split from scheduled events isn't the best of ideas. I also pointed out that zero drops with 12 people is no different from zero drops with 3. Our LS has a need/want system that's fair, it's just the pieces actually dropping that's the issue. I'd also not like to create animosity amongst friends by splitting up.
By soralin 2020-08-16 19:27:45  
For the record:

I suggest getting Ochain first because it takes like 2 days of effort tops in beginner gear, and theres one big reason why:

Ochain makes capping shield skill and parry skill stupid easy

Dont even bother talking about literally any type of end game content if you havent capped your combat skills first, and Ochain makes capping shield skill trivial. Yoran Oran + gather up a bajillion mandragoras and afk for a few hours.

Ochain is also without a doubt the best shield to use for farming job points. So go *** get it already if you are a beginner.

Well actually I take that back, the true best item for soloing job points is a Shining One, get that first.

I would consider the following my upgrade steps.

Step 1: Trade in a red mog pell and fill any missing i119 gear slots with Yorium armor. If you dont have red mog pells, start with Sparks gear and go do some alluvian skirmish, its pretty easy now.

Step 2: Get some domain point gear, then grind up a Colada and slap it with pullucid stones til you get Dmg+ augment.

Step 3: Aight go get your damn Ochain

Step 4: Okay now cap your parry, eva, shield skills and make sure merits are capped.

Step 5: Aight now with Ochain you can go get a real sword, Bukunakawa is trivial with Ochain and gives Demersal Degen, an exceptionally solid starter sword. Get yourself a Demersal+1

Step 6: Okay now hope this months ambu is a Ochain one, and get in on that, or do ambu on another job if you can, start making your multiple JSE capes, and start working on Sulevia gear.

I recommend this as an "entry level" JSE set, note that Relic+2 body is solid too, consider it the last piece to go after.

You can use NQ options on the AH slots, dont worry about it. Moonbeam is fine.

ItemSet 374473

Step 7: Okay, next up save up to get Aegis. Dont bother doing any further steps until you have paladin mastered.

Step 8: Now Id recommend this set as your fully juiced "*** ***up" set.

ItemSet 374471

And then the absolute top tier version with Volte gear simply is just replacing hands/legs/feet with volte, and then using Sailfi+1 instead of Tempus.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-16 19:33:14  
PS: I was able to farm up 5/5 volte gear on my thf with a Taming Sari (with garbage augs), Odium, and +1 Meghanada gear. Pretty low gear requirement to start getting your pieces tbh.

Though as I hit 4/5 I got my ***together and got a Tauret and juicy skinflayer, and the farm speed increase was palpable.

Id recommend for a beginner thf to first focus on.. nothing, just go spam odyssey every day, nothing matters, just lustreless hides.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-16 20:14:31  
In all honesty; Priwen is a great first shield. Boosts phalanx, will let you cap shield with reprisal, beefs up Meva and is nearly a full dring for a new pld. Will also substantially boost protect. Even with all rema, priwen has its niche uses (meva set if worried about debuffs instead of magic damage, phalanx set pre-fight)
By Aricomfy 2020-08-16 22:10:31  
Speaking of protect, I made an R15 Ajax +1 thinking it'd help boost reprisal's duration only for it to not boost it at all which left me thinking, "At least Protect V will get some use out of it." only to remember that Srivatsa gives 28 more defense when casting it.

So I guess my question is, does an Ajax +1 R15 fit into any sets? I'm pretty sure I made a terrible mistake making this.
 Asura.Akivatoo
サーバ: Asura
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-08-17 03:53:05  
That would be the equivalent of me telling a new THF to farm Lilith in 5/5 Malignance gear

This is exactly what I would suggest new THF to do

I clearly wrote that you start with no Malignance gear

At this point, I don't even think you read your own posts.

[+]
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-08-17 04:00:47  
Aricomfy said: »
Speaking of protect, I made an R15 Ajax +1 thinking it'd help boost reprisal's duration only for it to not boost it at all which left me thinking, "At least Protect V will get some use out of it." only to remember that Srivatsa gives 28 more defense when casting it.

So I guess my question is, does an Ajax +1 R15 fit into any sets? I'm pretty sure I made a terrible mistake making this.

Ajax+1 is useful in all "Enh. Mag sets" except the "protect" set.

You just have to find a way to add to your gearswap a rule that makes it possible to change shields if you are not engaged or with TPs over 300 for example.
(If any of you have ever made a rule like that for the shield, I'm very interested!)
By soralin 2020-08-17 04:26:50  
Also not good for phalanx.

So not good for protect, phalanx, reprisal...

What else is there? Crusade? Don't think it matters on that one.

Enlight is Divine skill.

Sooo....?
By Nariont 2020-08-17 07:28:08  
should work for reprisal though, might be bugged or you didnt finish the cast in it, or it being such a low duration you didnt notice the difference

edit: like, if all you have is that shield all you added was 6 additional seconds, think with all the +enh duration and received pld has access to youd wind up with an extra 22 seconds on reprisal. Crusades a lil better in this regard, youd add another 2 minutes due to its high base duration with all of plds duration gear, 30 seconds with just the shield. Im using 30% between regal gloves and shabti body+1, +4% aug'd on colada and 10% received on ajax, didnt see anything else pld had access to
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-17 07:33:05  
Why wouldn't it matter on Crusade?
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-17 08:01:45  
Its enhancing magic received duration (assumming its not another typo), so its useful for every enhancing magic that other cast on you. Its not limited to only enhancing magic available for PLD.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-08-17 10:57:24  

Can you test if it is indeed enhancing received? Just see if barspell, haste etc from another player is extended. This equipment attribute is unique as far as I’m aware, so it would be good to confirm they don’t just mean enhancing duration. This would be useful to wear during prebuff. As others have said, reprisal want a hp shield mainly, phalanx you want priwen, protect high def shield etc
By Nariont 2020-08-17 11:00:38  
to its credit ajax is a pretty beefy HP shield, 120 HP at max rank
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 12:41:09  
Nariont said: »
should work for reprisal though, might be bugged or you didnt finish the cast in it

I knew it'd roughly give 5-6 seconds to reprisal and was watching for that boost but it was still stuck at the base 60 seconds with and without Ajax. I tried the shield on with other spells to check if it actually does work and isn't bugged and it did work with other spells. I also accounted for Timers sometimes not including duration augments from stuff like Rostam's extra roll duration and both in-game timer as well as Timers were reading 60 seconds. If you're saying you have the shield and it does give you those 6 seconds then I might have to take a look at my set.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-17 12:44:53  
Nariont said: »
should work for reprisal though, might be bugged or you didnt finish the cast in it

I knew it'd roughly give 5-6 seconds to reprisal and was watching for that boost but it was still stuck at the base 60 seconds with and without Ajax. I tried the shield on with other spells to check if it actually does work and isn't bugged and it did work with other spells. I also accounted for Timers sometimes not including duration augments from stuff like Rostam's extra roll duration and both in-game timer as well as Timers were reading 60 seconds. If you're saying you have the shield and it does give you those 6 seconds then I might have to take a look at my set.
Hmmm. Back when the first piece of PLD wearable enhancing magic duration+ was added(Shatbi cuirass) it didn't work with reprisal either. It was reported as a bug and eventually patched.

Seems like we may be looking at round two of that issue.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 13:18:09  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Can you test if it is indeed enhancing received?

Just tested this and it does indeed work with other people's buffs as well as your own. It seems that what Martel just said about Shabti Cuirass being bugged in the past might be the case again for Ajax +1 R15 specifically not working on Reprisal.

While Reprisal has been brought up and now that it's been made far more important now to keep it up 100% of the time, would people mind sharing a good up to date Reprisal set? Reprisal has always been an odd spell to gear for for me, I'm aware that Fast Cast is ideal in the midcast to keep the recast as low as possible while still balancing high HP, but things get more strange when I remember a while back, I read someone say that with just Haste II alone, you should have no issue keeping Reprisal up full time which isn't possible as far as I'm aware. Only with capped magic haste do I have about 50 seconds of recast and 60 seconds of uptime.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-17 13:24:12  
Haste 2 and regal Gauntlets there’s only 8 seconds of cool down for me before I can put it back up again
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-17 13:29:54  
Haste II and capped gear haste puts recast at 81 seconds, for 21 seconds of downtime.

Duration of Reprisal is:
Shabhti: 65 seconds (16 seconds of downtime)
Shabhti +1: 66 seconds (15 seconds of downtime)
Regal Gauntlets: 72 seconds (9 seconds of downtime)
Shabhti +1 and Regal: 78 seconds (3 seconds of downtime)

You can also throw in more Fast Cast in your mid-cast to reduce the recast further from 81 seconds.

With Shabhti +1 and Haste II, you need 36% Fast Cast to get recast equal to duration.

With Shabthi +1 and Regal Gauntlets with Haste II, you need 6% FC.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 13:43:00  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Haste 2 and regal Gauntlets there’s only 8 seconds of cool down for me before I can put it back up again

8 seconds?! Tell me your secrets.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Haste II and capped gear haste puts recast at 81 seconds, for 21 second downtime.

Duration of Reprisal is:
Shabhti: 65 seconds (16 second downtime)
Shabhti +1: 66 seconds (15 second downtime)
Regal Gauntlets: 72 seconds (9 second downtime)
Shabhti +1 and Regal: 78 seconds (3 second downtime)

You can also throw in more Fast Cast in your mid-cast to reduce the recast further from 81 seconds.

With just Shabhti +1 and Haste II, you need 36% Fast Cast to get recast equal to duration.

With Shabthi +1 and Regal Gauntlets, you need 6% FC.

I was eye balling Shabti Cuirass +1 a while back honestly but opted not to get it in favor of using Reverence Surcoat +3 to help recast and for more HP but now I'm really questioning how I'm supposed to be gearing for Reprisal.

Here's my probably giant mess of a midcast set.

ItemSet 374951

Nibiru Blade - Path:D
Nibiru Shield - Path:B
Cape - HP+80, FC+10%, Eva/MagEva+20, SIRD 10%
Souveran - All Path:C
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-08-17 14:27:25  
ItemSet 374952

I think this should be close to optimal and full-timeable without changing weapon and shield (assumes capped magic haste).

I think AF body+3 and moonlight instead of weatherspoon is probably better for the significant hp boost though, even if leaves you a few seconds short on recast.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 14:34:23  

I've sat and thought about this for a while now and I've come up with a couple of things to say.

Reprisal has 60 seconds base duration. Using Geriond's info posted above, you should be at 72 seconds with Regal Gauntlets, 78 if used with Shabti Cuirass +1. If Ajax +1 R15 wasn't bugged, it'd be 84 seconds.

You'd have to be absolutely flooring your HP to hit 8 seconds of recast, even with capped Haste. Unless I'm missing something? The set I posted above has 3733 HP, 32% FC, 22% Gear Haste and capped PDT/MDT-. Reprisal's duration is only as good as its HPx2 modifier. If HP isn't as high as the heavens will allow when cast, then it'll end before those juicy 84 seconds even passes.

• How many hits does it generally take before Reprisal wears off?

• How much does stacking HP/FC vs. stacking Duration/FC affect the usage and frequency of usage of Reprisal?

• Is it sustainable (or even feasible) MP wise to spam Reprisal if recast is so low?

So how do we approach Reprisal? HP/FC, Duration/FC, or HP/Duration/FC if it's even possible?
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 14:43:56  
ItemSet 374952

I think this should be close to optimal and full-timeable without changing weapon and shield (assumes capped magic haste).

I think AF body+3 and moonlight instead of weatherspoon is probably better for the significant hp boost though, even if leaves you a few seconds short on recast.

I'm still working on getting a pair of Regal Gauntlets and I should be getting my Gold Mog. Belt pretty soon so those are definite replacements for sure. I've got Nibiru Blade/Shield in my set because I don't melee at all, it helps free up a lot of options for buffs/cures while keeping HP high in all my sets thanks to Srivatsa's fat HP.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-08-17 14:50:18  

I've sat and thought about this for a while now and I've come up with a couple of things to say.

Reprisal has 60 seconds base duration. Using Geriond's info posted above, you should be at 72 seconds with Regal Gauntlets, 78 if used with Shabti Cuirass +1. If Ajax +1 R15 wasn't bugged, it'd be 84 seconds.

You'd have to be absolutely flooring your HP to hit 8 seconds of recast, even with capped Haste. Unless I'm missing something? The set I posted above has 3666 HP, 32% FC, 22% Gear Haste and capped PDT/MDT-. Reprisal's duration is only as good as its HPx2 modifier. If HP isn't as high as the heavens will allow when cast, then it'll end before those juicy 84 seconds even passes.

• How much does stacking HP/FC vs. stacking Duration/FC affect the usage and frequency of usage of Reprisal?

• Is it sustainable (or even feasible) MP wise to spam Reprisal if recast is so low?

So how do we approach Reprisal? HP/FC, Duration/FC, or HP/Duration/FC if it's even possible?

Lol he means 8 seconds between it wearing off and being able to cast the spell again
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-17 15:05:44  

You'd have to be absolutely flooring your HP to hit 8 seconds of recast, even with capped Haste. Unless I'm missing something? The set I posted above has 3666 HP, 32% FC, 22% Gear Haste and capped PDT/MDT-. Reprisal's duration is only as good as its HPx2 modifier. If HP isn't as high as the heavens will allow when cast, then it'll end before those juicy 84 seconds even passes.

Reprisal's dmg cap is an utter non issue unless you're tanking like 20 mobs, and have malaise and acumen up. The spikes dmg is low and easily resisted by anything high level.

Literally the only time I ever see this happen is when I'm AE cleaving mass pulls with Idris Acumen+malaise up.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 15:17:14  
Lol he means 8 seconds between it wearing off and being able to cast the spell again

Yep, I was missing something alright, lmao. My bad, I misinterpreted what Nuance said and caused myself to scratch my tiny head for a good while there. I just checked and I was actually able to get my Gold Mog. Belt so I'll slap that into my set.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Reprisal's dmg cap is an utter non issue unless you're tanking like 20 mobs, and have malaise and acumen up. The spikes dmg is low and easily resisted by anything high level.

Literally the only time I ever see this happen is when I'm AE cleaving mass pulls with Idris Acumen+malaise up.

Yeah for some reason when I typed that out, I did it in the mindset of Reprisal + massive pulls. Single target or handful of mobs probably won't even matter like you said for Reprisal's duration. Sorry, when I start thinking about something I lose sight of other things and to top it all off, the entire thing was based on misinterpreting what someone else said, so that didn't help. Appreciate the insight though on how often or likely Reprisal's spikes will wear it off prematurely.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-17 15:57:20  
Alright, after some tinkering, I've come up with a pretty good ideal Reprisal set IF Ajax +1 R15 wasn't bugged.

ItemSet 374953

HP = 3,756
FC = 32%
DT = -29%
PDT = -22%
MDT = -22%
Gear Haste = 22%
Cape Augments = HP+80, FC+10%, Eva/MagEva+20, PDT-10%
Odnowa +1 R15
Gelatinous +1 R15

Keeps HP very high, keeps DT capped, gives much more Fast Cast than 6% and all while maintaining 78 second duration. Let me know if I messed up anywhere.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 137 138 139