フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-16 07:52:44  
Also, keep in mind that even if you can't idle in a set that gives you enough MEVA, non-carrier sash accessory slots can give you up to about 100 more, so you might still be able to get that last resist tier if you know something big is coming.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-16 08:12:20  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Most Mijins are reduced by BDT, though, so they're not uncategorized. Mijin can also be resisted, unlike those other examples.
Regular Mijin is Magic Damage. Aegis and shell work on it.

You might be conflating it with Self-destruct? That's breath damage.
Maybe he was thinking about some "special" Mijin Gakure.
Like the one from NIN fomors in W3 dynamis is different.
MDT doesn't work there, Meva does iir.
Also it's single target whereas most other enemy-cast Mijin Gakures in game are AoE I think.

Are there other special Mijin Gakure around, other than the one from W3 Dyna fomors? I seem to recall there are more but I can't remember any right now.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-16 08:30:15  
The only other special Mijin is the Ambuscade Mamool one that is used to punish the group for failing to deal with the mechanics.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-16 09:19:42  
Are there any enfeebles that we know for a fact have at least 4 resist states (full land, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8)? Being able to resist enfeebles without positive elemental resistance might be a consequence of (nearly?) all of them only requiring a 1/4 resist for it to not land at all.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-16 11:08:10  
Enfeebling test on a 2 resist state enfeeble, via having level ~70 Colibris reflect Dispel. I had Saboteur Addle II on the mob and 4/5 Malignance, so MEVA should be capped.

Neutral dark resistance: 1 landed, 9 resisted
-3 dark resistance: 10 landed
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2021-03-16 14:34:27  
When we start doing MB strategies again, let’s remember to bring BRDs for threnodies.
By SimonSes 2021-03-16 14:45:30  
Vishwambhari said: »
When we start doing MB strategies again, let’s remember to bring BRDs for threnodies.

tbh it kinda doesnt matter in context of new info, unless you plan to nuke target that will for sure resist your damage and you want to cut that reduction only to 1/2, which might have niche uses I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-16 16:21:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Most Mijins are reduced by BDT, though, so they're not uncategorized. Mijin can also be resisted, unlike those other examples.
Regular Mijin is Magic Damage. Aegis and shell work on it.

You might be conflating it with Self-destruct? That's breath damage.
Maybe he was thinking about some "special" Mijin Gakure.
Like the one from NIN fomors in W3 dynamis is different.
MDT doesn't work there, Meva does iir.
Also it's single target whereas most other enemy-cast Mijin Gakures in game are AoE I think.

Are there other special Mijin Gakure around, other than the one from W3 Dyna fomors? I seem to recall there are more but I can't remember any right now.

Not trying to hate on someone saying BDT helps with Mijin, but are there any "speical" mijin that are reduced with BDT? Cause I don't want to be missing something
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-20 10:03:44  
You know, with this new resistance info, Azure Ailments should be suddenly a lot easier. You should no longer have to gimp yourself by taking off all your ilvl equipment, as just reducing your resistances below 0 should make it impossible to fully resist the status effects.

Bullwhip belt should be enough by itself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-20 12:41:45  
You know, with this new resistance info, Azure Ailments should be suddenly a lot easier. You should no longer have to gimp yourself by taking off all your ilvl equipment, as just reducing your resistances below 0 should make it impossible to fully resist the status effects.

Bullwhip belt should be enough by itself.

My word, this man is out here playing 4D chess,thinking about the implications for Azure Ailments. That is a pretty funny point though.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-03-20 15:50:38  
do we have to wait another 2 decades to have a similar revelation with stuff like resists amnesia, stun, sleep and what not?
By Galkapryme 2021-03-27 08:15:09  
Best PLD food? I'm kinda trying to circle back to PLD after finally getting my Ochain. I've been using Tavnazian Taco. Someone else recommended Egg Sandwich +1.
 Bismarck.Balguss
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2021-03-27 08:18:52  
Omelette sandwich/+1 for most stuff Miso Ramen if you want extra Meva.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-28 21:01:42  
Can someone link me a 102+ spell interruption set so I can have something to reference?

And does it need to be in precast/midcast/both?
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-28 21:26:37  
Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Can someone link me a 102+ spell interruption set so I can have something to reference?

Ok, looked around a bit.

ItemSet 379006

To me this looks like 105% including the 5/5 from merits.

Can someone verify this is a reasonable target set to shoot for on a PLD? I would like to avoid skirmish and augmenting if possible.

edit: replace back and waste with carmine cuisses after I posted this.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-03-28 21:46:00  
Sird goes into miscast set. Also set looks similar to mine. I use founders hose though instead of earring/boot combo.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-29 02:26:24  

Ok, looked around a bit.

ItemSet 379006

To me this looks like 105% including the 5/5 from merits.

Can someone verify this is a reasonable target set to shoot for on a PLD? I would like to avoid skirmish and augmenting if possible.
Can skip the cape and use the earring as well, if you use Founders Hose.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-03-29 20:21:30  
My SIRD sets, probally out dated because I found what worked and never upgraded:

everything else is a set combine with the first set on top.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-31 19:40:32  
Pre-REMA PLD sword options?

I'm not *** doing lilith again, so malignance sword is a big fat nope.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-31 20:24:15  
Nixxer, Brilliance, Sakpata sword.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-03-31 20:28:06  
Naegling and embrace some Savage Blades
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-03-31 23:38:35  

I've really enjoyed the Su4/su5 sword. Great for Cure Potency, Refresh, HP, and ACC. It gives you a lot of flexibility for your Cure sets.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-04-01 00:37:29  
If you're going to spend the money on Moraltach, you'd be better served just buying the alex for Burtgang instead imo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-04-01 01:24:49  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
If you're going to spend the money on Moraltach, you'd be better served just buying the alex for Burtgang instead imo.

Very true. However, it took me a global pandemic and someone force feeding me Alexandrite to do a second mythic. I shudder when thinking about assaults.
 Shiva.Anoq
サーバ: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-04-01 01:37:05  

As Lowen said.

Nixxer is easiest to get going.

Brilliance is pretty damn great if you can manage to get max augments on it, but it's a crap shoot.

Sakpata is a very nice option if you have it unlocked to purchase.
By NajaWinter 2021-04-03 01:42:22  
Hi guys. I got back into pld and playing the game in general when the Ruaumoko video on the job came out and I've been working hard on getting the sets he's shown in that video as it was a fun goal to work toward. Now I wonder how I can increase my DPS as a tank to better contend with Rune who my group wants me to pick up. I just started skimming the thread (it's real long haha) and I saw the post on some crazy Holy II damage and will work toward that gear, but is there a BiS S.Blade set I can work on too. I saw the one in the front post and it seemed....old? Is that the case or is that the one I want to work toward, I'm referring to the Lustratio path A one. Thanks any tips are super appreciated!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-04-03 02:51:50  
NajaWinter said: »
Hi guys. I got back into pld and playing the game in general when the Ruaumoko video on the job came out and I've been working hard on getting the sets he's shown in that video as it was a fun goal to work toward. Now I wonder how I can increase my DPS as a tank to better contend with Rune who my group wants me to pick up. I just started skimming the thread (it's real long haha) and I saw the post on some crazy Holy II damage and will work toward that gear, but is there a BiS S.Blade set I can work on too. I saw the one in the front post and it seemed....old? Is that the case or is that the one I want to work toward, I'm referring to the Lustratio path A one. Thanks any tips are super appreciated!

Path B:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Nyame_Armor_Set

IMO paladin hybrid works best for lower-tier content. You will have an HP swing with any serious Savage Blade set on PLD, a big one, and on this tier of content you could just use a warrior tank and get much more damage that way. Could you use it on content like aeonic HELMs or WoC/Kirin or Omen, content where RUN hybrid tanking/dps is effective? Absolutely. Just don't expect the same numbers. Rune fencer with Lionheart R15 can perform extremely well in content where attack is overcapped, can be as good as an average dps player even. Paladin gets access to solid swords but overal WSD gear and TP bonus gear is lacking for us.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-04-03 07:49:22  
The other thing about DPS on PLD is we have no way to get to haste cap. So unless we have a TON of mobs feeding us tp, or a DNC in the group giving us Haste Samba, from my perspective, it takes us forever to get tp.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-03 09:03:34  
Shiva.Anoq said: »
that's a pity, from what i experience and got told from others the weapon drops in lilith HTBF have a higher drop chance than the armor so it's might be a lot less effort than farming a perfect brilliance for example.

i'm a PLD scrub so take it with a grain of salt but ngl, the moralltach path C looks pretty nice too if you the type that has endless amounts of cash to blow.
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 136 137 138