Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 175 176 177
By shamgi 2020-11-12 12:18:33  
Haven't quite gotten the successful kill, but man, this is fun.

Shedu BST Counter
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-12 14:13:36  
shamgi said: »

Shedu BST Counter

Yeah, counter potential on bst is quite nice. Was that 69% counter build (44% gear + 25% buff) or you made sacrifices (gear and /mnk) to go all the way to 80%?
By shamgi 2020-11-12 14:29:04  
SimonSes said: »

Shedu BST Counter

Yeah, counter potential on bst is quite nice. Was that 69% counter build (44% gear + 25% buff) or you made sacrifices (gear and /mnk) to go all the way to 80%?

ItemSet 376551

Back with +10 Crit rate, +10 counter. Unity items augmented, of course.

So 63 Counter for this testing thus far. Heyoka is actually really interesting because the crit rate is quite good paired with the counter, though it has a secondary problem, because pet pulled hate eventually and that cost me the run(died at 18% to a Hundred Fists without the 25 counter).

I've tried /mnk, but the problem is getting and establishing hate, especially against the pet because of the Heyoka.

I don't have full Malignance yet, which will allow me to mix and match a bit more in terms of other pieces. I intend to refine the set some more, but defensively it's pretty amazing. Tons of MEva, and I was surprisingly able to evade a noticeable amount of attacks from Shedu, but I keep forgetting to check the actual evasion.

With an actual healer or even actual buffs this set feels wild.
By SimonSes 2020-11-12 15:47:49  
Using shield I would probably go /mnk and use this

ItemSet 376197

Thats 77% counter, 38%PDT, 32%MDT, 50% subtle blow and really high meva. Also good storeTP to pair with Aymur or path B Pengu.

I actually wouldnt focus at all on damage from counters and just treat it as defensive tool only. Focusing on counter damage isnt worth even on MNK, which has much better potential for such build. Maybe if you would fight 5+ trash mobs, but its never worth it vs single mob.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-11-16 07:44:50  

ItemSet 376197

Thats 77% counter, 38%PDT, 32%MDT, 50% subtle blow and really high meva. Also good storeTP to pair with Aymur or path B Pengu.

I actually wouldnt focus at all on damage from counters and just treat it as defensive tool only. Focusing on counter damage isnt worth even on MNK, which has much better potential for such build. Maybe if you would fight 5+ trash mobs, but its never worth it vs single mob.

I'm confused. you are recommending a completely MAXED counter build, but you don't want to focus on Counter?

Shedu with 100 fists is exactly a fight where focusing on Counter Makes alot of sense. The boosted MDB/MEva from this set is also right on.

I'm not sure how much I would /mnk for 12% counter though. Adapa Shield's Reprisal and block rate+ probably better than 12% and can use a support job with better dd options like /war or /drg.

I'm not sure what support job Shamgi is using though...

Looks like a fun fight to play with counter on though, so thank you.
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 08:11:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

ItemSet 376197

I'm confused. you are recommending a completely MAXED counter build, but you don't want to focus on Counter?

Shedu with 100 fists is exactly a fight where focusing on Counter Makes alot of sense. The boosted MDB/MEva from this set is also right on.

I'm not sure how much I would /mnk for 12% counter though. Adapa Shield's Reprisal and block rate+ probably better than 12% and can use a support job with better dd options like /war or /drg.

I'm not sure what support job Shamgi is using though...

Looks like a fun fight to play with counter on though, so thank you.

If think you missed a word in my comment or something. I said not to focus on DAMAGE from counters, but treat high counter rate as a defensive tool. Even during hundred fists, damage from counters wont be big to overall damage you do from your regular swings and WSs and outside of hundred fists it will be even less noticeable. Dont get me wrong, bonus damage from counters is still a damage, but beside going for counter rate I wouldnt try to improve the damage from counter by adding crit rate over sTP and meva/DT.

Going from 65% counter to 77% is over 33% reduced number of hits you take. I doubt other sub job and shield would be overall better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-11-16 10:36:40  
hmmm... I tried it.
doesn't work once you are terror or stunned. Then you don't counter anything.

Even w/ such high Meva, I wasn't avoiding the stuns and terrors.

gonna try /run

edit: still no good.

Surviving 100 fists in counter build it not hard at all Unless you are stunned for it. If you are stunned, then you die. I haven't been able to avoid stun below 50% hp even w/ tellus x2, vallation and pflug all active. its still 15s stun. I'm also at 70 subtle blow on master and 40 on pet.

I get him below 50% hp every time without trouble, sometimes I interrupt 100 fists, sometimes I don't. but once I'm stunned during 100 fists I die every time.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-16 12:57:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I get him below 50% hp every time without trouble, sometimes I interrupt 100 fists, sometimes I don't. but once I'm stunned during 100 fists I die every time.

Just sharing my strat to do Shedu on BST, I like to use Slime pet and Snarl just as 100 fists goes up and sit in a pet DT set and Digest/reward to keep pet up for the duration of hundred fists. Very little risk doing that way I've found.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-11-16 18:04:29  
Ok, still tooling around with this, but I've noticed something:

When I have Vickie's buffs up, my counter damage seems to be increased by about 50% or so. Anyone else noticing that?

Going to see if it stacks with O. Counterstance, and try and get pDIF capped on some stuff.

Edit: Yea, just tried with a BLU, O. Counterstance is overwritten by Zealous Snort, and they seem to be the same effect. So it's seems like the 50% bonus damage for counters is also included.

Edit2:

Not a solo, but still, sub 3:30 kill on Shedu with a majority of the damage from counters. I'm at or near pDIF on most of these swings, and with the 50% bonus damage on counters it's 1500+ damage.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit3: I just realized my mic was on during this recording. Sorry about that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-11-17 03:36:54  
So it's seems like the 50% bonus damage for counters is also included.

That's a cool find, thanks for testing! :]

When you lower your Shedu solo clear time below 3 minutes, SE will send you some free BST merchandise:
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-17 03:56:09  
I actually counted those counters. You did total of ~72k damage with those counters. Thats only because you was holding TP once to 3000 (and havent WSed at 3000TP for few seconds too). You did ~146k with your Mistral Axes alone, so majority of damage wasnt from counters.
This is the best case scenario for counter damage too, because mob is doing hundred fists (uninterrupted by stun on you in this example), you are using a weapon with weak WS and you are using avanger's roll for capped counter.
Im 100% positive that even with such counter favoring situation, switching to Malignance and stp cape would still easily result in better overall DPS (and would be more safe too). Counter damage is a nice bonus, but building set around it, instead of faster TP generation is just counterproductive imo. I understand if you dont care and just want to have fun tho :P
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-11-20 08:44:44  
ItemSet 333128

What sort of stats on the feet, please?
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2020-11-20 09:06:35  
So in terms of Gearswap, does pretty much everyone use Falkirk's?

I'm just a little worried to use it because my brain is very small.

I was looking at the simpler one, but it looks extremely outdated. Has it been updated by anyone where I can take a look at it and work off it? Can DM it to me or whatever.

Thanks!!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-11-20 09:21:38  
Falkirk's lua is very good and it's the one I use. It is fairly complex but it handles most everything. However, I've made some changes to suit how I use BST these days, since we've become a lot more of a melee job.

Asura.Dibble said: »
ItemSet 333128

What sort of stats on the feet, please?

I use QA+3 DM augmented Valorous feet personally.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2020-11-20 09:23:35  
Asura.Sirris said: »
However, I've made some changes to suit how I use BST these days, since we've become a lot more of a melee job.

That's kind of exactly what I'm after.

Do you mind if I take a look at how you edited it?
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-11-20 09:33:31  

So TA for Fern Stone plebs?
 Bismarck.Zalena
VIP
サーバ: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Zalena 2020-11-20 09:56:51  
Asura.Kronkeykong said: »
However, I've made some changes to suit how I use BST these days, since we've become a lot more of a melee job.

I'm also interested to see the lua. @Sirris May we have a link to your lua?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-20 10:03:55  

Valorous can't get Triple Attack unless it's a DM augment iirc. It would be DA or STP for TP BST melee.
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-11-20 11:05:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valorous can't get Triple Attack unless it's a DM augment iirc. It would be DA or STP for TP BST melee.
Thanks!
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2020-11-20 14:39:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I have 30 ACC 33 ATK 8 STP on mine that I got with Fern and they work great as melee BST.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-11-20 15:08:01  

Bismarck.Zalena said: »

I'm also interested to see the lua. @Sirris May we have a link to your lua?

I'd rather not post it, because I can't remember exactly what changes I made versus Falkirk's OG one, and I didn't comment my edits thoroughly, lol. I think I changed some of the behavior for some of the engaged modes, like master-engaged/pet-engaged for sure. I've been busy irl and in-game both so it'd probably take me a while to clean it up to the point where I'd be comfortable putting it up. And before that I think I'd like to add weapon-switching modes, we're getting to the point as a job where the melee focus is strong enough that I would love to be able to switch engaged modes between Doli/Aymur/Farsha/etc.

In any case Falkirk did a tremendous job with his original lua and you can plug your gear into it and rock out. Just blank out stuff that you might not have or whatever.
By Segaso 2020-11-22 13:01:18  
At most I just see people rocking Emicho + Suppo for DW. Is is not worth using something like gearinfo to do haste levels for BST like NIN/COR/DNC/etc?

Just wondering if I missed something and should needle my TP cape to STP.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-11-22 13:23:54  
Segaso said: »
At most I just see people rocking Emicho + Suppo for DW. Is is not worth using something like gearinfo to do haste levels for BST like NIN/COR/DNC/etc?

Just wondering if I missed something and should needle my TP cape to STP.

I think it's because that's the cap for Bst unless you have a Dnc to throw in haste sambam
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-12-16 10:11:42  
Is 2 vit = 1 def still a thing for pet ? Or is it 2 vit = 3 defense now ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-12-16 11:51:02  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Is 2 vit = 1 def still a thing for pet ? Or is it 2 vit = 3 defense now ?

In the August 2016 version update they changed it so 2 VIT = 3 DEF for pets.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-12-16 12:18:33  
I have several lua for other jobs that depend on Gearinfo to swap dw level based off haste level.

Gearinfo hasn't been getting updated for a long while now, and it doesn't display correctly.

I thought about incorporating that logic into Falkirk's Bst lua, but decided against it. I find this swapping to be excessive.

I always organize my trusts to maximize my haste. The times when I am not magical haste capped are very few. I just use an 11 DW tp set in all accuracy levels in my modified Falkirk lua.

I actually do have a max dw set, but I just use a toggle for it if I ever need it. I almost never have such a need.

I really like the Emicho + Suppa combination, but I also really like the Reiki Yotai + Eabani combination, it goes well w/ Malignance set. You are heavily dependand upon Taeon or Valorous dw augments to fill out the rest of it. and I don't really want another Arktoi mantle for Dual wield.

I dont' think pet vit to def ratio has ever changed. I'm not online now, but its pretty easy to check with the checkparam command.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2020-12-28 17:54:31  
To fix the GearInfo display problems, edit the Image_processing.lua file which lives in the GearInfo folder.

Search for this specific code line that shows up three times in the script at lines 73, 82, and 94:
Code
o.name = (_addon and _addon.name or 'image') .. '_gensym_' .. tostring(t):sub(8) .. '_%.8x':format(16^8 * math.random()):sub(3)

And for those three instances replace that code line by:
Code
o.name = (_addon and _addon.name or 'image') .. '_gensym_' .. tostring(t):sub(8) .. order

That should fix the display issues :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-12-31 19:01:00  
Happy New Year!

Our artist friend, Eiffel, has created some amazing new artwork to celebrate the Beastmaster's journey in 2020.

To many more adventures in the future!

Cheers!
[+]
By Morihei 2021-01-10 09:14:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Happy New Year!

Our artist friend, Eiffel, has created some amazing new artwork to celebrate the Beastmaster's journey in 2020.

To many more adventures in the future!

Cheers!

This is awesome! Thank you Eiffel! Thanks Falkirk!
By Morihei 2021-01-10 09:15:50  
Question! Ankusa Axe doesn't give the pet any stats except in Dyna, right? Or is it just the master acc that's affected, and the pet still gets all of those?
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 175 176 177