On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 95 96 97
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 14:17:10  
Use a Forgotten Thought.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 14:46:28  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Use a Forgotten Thought.

Its not working.... Just keeps saying something about a stove and a house...
By Afania 2019-04-25 15:06:20  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Afania said: »
Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD?

I'm not a fanboy, it's just another job. I think in 2019 it's awfully ridiculous that, aside from blocking the debuff outright, the only way to remove amnesia is by dying or using a ring with a 35 second delay. WHM of all jobs should be able to remove that debuff.

Oh, and even in Amnesia heavy/capped WS fights, people still don't really care about white damage. Job bias is Job bias

Amnesia to me is just another mechanic. I can see why DD players emotionally hate it because "no I can't ws" and it doesnt feel good.

Design wise, it's nothing wrong with an unremovable status ailment that hinders dps.

Amnesia sucks for all jobs, given most of what makes jobs fun is the job abilities, and for DDs you literally lose all your input with amnesia up. You might as well just afk.

Arguing about what job Amnesia is bad for wasn't my point.

My point is that status ailment in rpg is meant to hinder players. The game already has removable debuffs like Petra or para. Making some debuffs unremovable isn't a design problem that needs to be fixed.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 15:17:32  
Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD?

I'm not a fanboy, it's just another job. I think in 2019 it's awfully ridiculous that, aside from blocking the debuff outright, the only way to remove amnesia is by dying or using a ring with a 35 second delay. WHM of all jobs should be able to remove that debuff.

Oh, and even in Amnesia heavy/capped WS fights, people still don't really care about white damage. Job bias is Job bias

Amnesia to me is just another mechanic. I can see why DD players emotionally hate it because "no I can't ws" and it doesnt feel good.

Design wise, it's nothing wrong with an unremovable status ailment that hinders dps.

Amnesia sucks for all jobs, given most of what makes jobs fun is the job abilities, and for DDs you literally lose all your input with amnesia up. You might as well just afk.

My point is that status ailment in rpg is meant to hinder players. The game already has removable debuffs like Petra or para. Making some debuffs unremovable isn't a design problem that needs to be fixed.

Bad argument to make. Making some status effects unremovable isnt necessarily bad, but one that literally makes you no longer able to play the game or have any input as a player as to whats going on or what happens is by definition bad design.

Amnesia is bad design. Theres no arguing otherwise. Unless you add amnesia to a preventable mechanic, its not a healthy thing to have in its current state.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 15:45:01  
Making some debuffs unremovable isn't a design problem that needs to be fixed.

But it can be removed with Ecphoria ring. It just takes a second to equip, 30 seconds for cooldown duration, then 3 seconds to cast it. Kind of silly right?

I have no problem with incurable debilitants - that's what Auras basically are; i have just long held the thought that that ring was a horrible way to remove a status debuff. It came out at the same time Aht Urghan (Imps, Qiqirns, Lamia) and Amnesia was released, and it has confused me for so long why they actually went that route. Imagine if the only way to remove silence was to equip a piece of gear that takes ~35 seconds to activate it. That's pretty silly game design in general.

Read some of the comments under the ring, even people in 2008 thought this was a bad idea.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/15817/ecphoria-ring
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-25 16:05:35  
The ring came out with Wings of the Goddess, actually. Just had to suck it up when you fought imps. But the compromise was that imps had, like, 12 hp so they died fast anyway.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 16:07:55  
Any debuff that breaks the fundamentals of the game is bad design (of the game, not the debuff)

That's why they finally changed encumber. The whole damn game revolves around gear and ilevel and you break that by removing it.

The whole damn game revolves around abilities with no way to cure that debilitation. No way to prevent it either. It'd be fine if items existed (amnesia screen) or gear (ribbons).

Charm is technically against the games own TOS tbh. Your character becomes automated.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-25 16:15:28  
So many games have mechanics like stun and amnesia, I don't see how you can argue it's unfair or bad design. It's a team game, being disabled gives you a chance to rely on your teammates and live or die accordingly. Charm comment is obvious hyperbole.

As far as ecphoria ring, it was likely never intended to be a solution to amnesia. It's a gear choice, and it likely was the best TP ring on things like imps if you could afford to keep replacing it and burning charges. You wouldn't swap it in after amnesiaed, you'd TP(or even fulltime) in it.

It wasn't practical because who wants to farm or buy a NM drop for every 2 hour exp session, sure, but it wasn't pointless either. Also the only store tp ring besides rajas in those days, even if it was only 1 point.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 16:15:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Charm is technically against the games own TOS tbh. Your character becomes automated.

TOS is a player agreement. Monsters don't agree to it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 16:59:59  
You agree not to automate your character, you get charmed, you break the TOS. No one would ever argue it. But it is factually accurate.

Even leaving your avatar out and aggroing while the pet attacks is breaking the rules. Even though that's explicitly how they were designed.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-25 17:21:17  
You agree not to automate your character, you get charmed, you break the TOS. No one would ever argue it. But it is factually accurate.

Even leaving your avatar out and aggroing while the pet attacks is breaking the rules. Even though that's explicitly how they were designed.

Lol
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-25 17:23:58  
The whole point of the TOS is to allow them to ban you at anytime they want so they gotta make everyone breaks it as soon as they start paying.
By fonewear 2019-04-25 17:27:21  
Is white mage great yet ?
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-25 17:33:47  

Bad argument to make. Making some status effects unremovable isnt necessarily bad, but one that literally makes you no longer able to play the game or have any input as a player as to whats going on or what happens is by definition bad design.

Amnesia is bad design. Theres no arguing otherwise. Unless you add amnesia to a preventable mechanic, its not a healthy thing to have in its current state.

False x2:

1)You can still play the game with amnesia on. Tank can get hate via spells and DD can dps via white dmg.

2)They are preventable. Barfire/baramnesia, fire carol, meva set, runeist/vex/attunement, pflug, asylum etc.

It forces player to use certain strategy/composition/playstyle to reduce the impact because it's not removable. Which adds variety to the game.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-25 17:39:41  

False x2:

1)You can still play the game with amnesia on. Tank can get hate via spells and DD can dps via white dmg.

2)They are preventable. Barfire/baramnesia, fire carol, meva set, runeist/vex/attunement, pflug, asylum etc.

It forces player to use certain strategy/composition/playstyle to reduce the impact because it's not removable. Which adds variety to the game.

I agree with you here, Afania; though I must admit, I do at least think it would be better if there were an item or spell that could remove amnesia that wasn't the random chance for panacea, which are arguably too expensive if the content in question was extremely amnesia heavy.

It's only a small imbalance, but it's part of the reason why RUN is so preferable in so many situations... besides being able to tank just as well (and even better in various cases) as a PLD, they are just less likely to get bogged down with a bunch of junk that the whm can either sacrifice or do nothing about, while the RUN often never gets hit with it... I just personally wish there were a way to deal with the status effects that was a little less one sided against PLD in that way... but that's just my opinion.

A little while back in the RUN guide we discussed why RUN was able to tank without a WHM, and it's largely for the same reason... aside from the parry/HP from turms/inquartata, you can stack resist to a specific unremovable/unremedy-able status effect to prevent it from ever landing and just deal w/ using remedies... or sometimes with enough m.eva, nothing seems to hit you reliably anymore.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-04-25 19:12:18  
Nariont said: »
Any guesses what theyll replace pro/shellra5 merits now that its going into scroll form?
I'm hoping for some kind of damage mitagation spell (preferably AoE). With mention of Esuna and functionality similar to games of old, its possible we may actually see Reflect or Nul-element. Both really strong White Magics from the console days. Theres also a possibility of Full-Life from FFX since Full-Cure is available through job points (and rather disappointing at best). It wouldn't take the place of Arise, per say, and I would think they would put some sort of *** block on it like a dumb long cool down or restrictive MP cost. It would be a powerful tool though for like a Tank that gets unlucky by a death cone or something.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2019-04-25 20:07:19  
Esuna is single target in other games, and removes all debuffs. perhaps they change the spell from AOE to single target, and require the use of Divine Seal/Veil in order to make it AOE. This would effectively remove all status debuffs from a party with one spell. It would be nice if the spell also applied to other non-removable debuffs, such as Amnesia.

I like this, give's more power to Yagrush WHM, and seeing that this club takes time AND effort (compared to other REA it requires oodles of patience) it shows those truly dedicated to the job that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
By Afania 2019-04-25 20:21:25  
Shiva.Phioness said: »
Esuna is single target in other games, and removes all debuffs. perhaps they change the spell from AOE to single target, and require the use of Divine Seal/Veil in order to make it AOE. This would effectively remove all status debuffs from a party with one spell. It would be nice if the spell also applied to other non-removable debuffs, such as Amnesia.

I like this, give's more power to Yagrush WHM, and seeing that this club takes time AND effort (compared to other REA it requires oodles of patience) it shows those truly dedicated to the job that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

For a job that many PUG /ls struggle to find one for content, Id say the easier for vast majority of player to keep up with performance with less gears the better for the community.

I mean, this month ambu VD will be react/smn or bust if esuna doesnt work the way it is lol.

A whm with r15 yagrush is 1 tier better than one without anyways, so no effort is wasted. Yagrush Erase+jse neck is still good for aoe erase x2 backline and mystic boon with R15 is invaluable.

So No thanks to esuna nerf :O
By Jetackuu 2019-04-25 22:28:45  

Two of the dumbest things said in this thread by far, even above the silly amnesia arguments in 2019.

It's not factually accurate and neither are against the ToS.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-25 22:29:40  
That'd be a pretty huge nerf to the spell and make yagrush mandatory in endgame, no thanks!

Eh, I'm actually for this, personally. It's not like it's hard to make, people just need to get gud.
By fonewear 2019-04-25 22:33:00  
Everyone quick bandwagon white mage before it's too late.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-25 22:35:55  
Making all my characters WHM.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-25 22:36:41  
I need an alliance full of white mages so I can finally build an aeonic weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 22:41:32  
WHM bandwagon is the only bandwagon the game REALLY needs. Moar RUN too. even though run is already broken there aren't enough playing it.

Whatever it takes. Literally anything to get more people on whm. I'm for it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-25 22:45:05  
WHM/NIN all the things!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-25 23:14:42  
They could remove the "healer has the debuff" effect of Esuna while misery is in effect. This way a WHM could use esuna without getting themselves buried in status debuffs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-04-26 00:40:29  
WHM bandwagon is the only bandwagon the game REALLY needs.

Whatever it takes. Literally anything to get more people on whm. I'm for it.
Agree with this.

White Mage is such a crucial job for most group and endgame content yet the job places far too much expectation and pressure on the player. This is why it's so often botted, because nobody wants all that on them on a regular basis.

They really need to give new players interested in the healer's role a much less stressful time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-26 06:17:17  

False x2:

DDs dont have spells, and thus dont get to play the game. And some mobs have both silence and amne.

Barstatus spells almost never proc unless youre actually a whm or run. The chances of barfire/baramn actually getting more than a partial resist on a non mnk DD is near 0, even with bis bar gear.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-04-26 06:39:55  
You keep proving you know nothing of endgame, no linkshell will attempt an albumen melee kill w/o having both barspells from whm and carols/vex from support jobs. Yeah barspells alone won't grant you much resist, that's why you got other support jobs ..
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-26 07:20:29  
I'd like to see Esuna uncoupled from Misery and for the WHM to no longer need to have the status effect to remove it on others.

If they reduced the cool down on Solace and Misery it wouldn't be AS big of a deal but it's still time consuming to flip between stances during intense fights.

Or give WHM full-time cureskin.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 95 96 97