On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 95 96 97
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-26 07:31:37  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Barstatus spells almost never proc unless youre actually a whm or run. The chances of barfire/baramn actually getting more than a partial resist on a non mnk DD is near 0, even with bis bar gear.

This is the epitome of stupid...

Barspell's are currently +230~236 MEVD against all checks of that element. The status ailments barspells work similarly and reduce the duration / land rate of that element. I've seen massive differences with barpetrify, barparalyze and baramensia as a WAR, who aren't exactly known for high MEVD.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-26 07:34:34  
Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
WHM bandwagon is the only bandwagon the game REALLY needs.

Whatever it takes. Literally anything to get more people on whm. I'm for it.
Agree with this.

White Mage is such a crucial job for most group and endgame content yet the job places far too much expectation and pressure on the player. This is why it's so often botted, because nobody wants all that on them on a regular basis.

They really need to give new players interested in the healer's role a much less stressful time.

Along this vein I'd like to have a larger variety of viable healing jobs. That's one of the reasons good healers are so hard to come by, White Mage forces people to heal in a specific way which can get boring when done for years at a time. I'd really like to see Red Mage and Scholar be more reliable healers and right now the only thing they really need is a decent sized AOE heal to respond to all the AOE damage monsters throw around now.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-26 08:09:38  
I wish they had tried harder to make Dancer a real healer but I guess the job concept would have made it too hard to balance. It was ridiculously good at early levels but it couldn’t keep up with the scaling demands and threats presented by late game monsters.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 08:12:14  
DDs dont have spells
DRK and BLU would like to have a word with you, behind the woodshed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-26 08:14:10  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
DDs dont have spells

Wait what ... you mean Upheaval isn't a spell? Why does spellcast work with it then :trollface:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 08:15:19  
Asura.Saevel said: »
DDs dont have spells

Wait what ... you mean Upheaval isn't a spell? Why does spellcast work with it then :trollface:
If you aren't using Raging Rush, you are a failwar.

Those crits matter! #CritThugLife
By Nariont 2019-04-26 08:19:33  
Guess i shouldnt use barthunder in dyna, not like dds didge stuns anyway
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-26 08:24:38  
Hopefully SE gives WHM Bar-Nyaarunra.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 08:27:27  
eliroo said: »
Problem is, it wouldn't affect him because there's no point in casting it if the enfeeble is going to land anyway, according to his experience (and it doesn't help the fact that his enhancing magic skill is only 29).
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-26 08:45:47  
Problem is, it wouldn't affect him because there's no point in casting it if the enfeeble is going to land anyway, according to his experience (and it doesn't help the fact that his enhancing magic skill is only 29).

I think if you came to 11 from something like 14 where everything is in easy mode, then you might have the mindset he does. It would be nice though if he asked for help understanding the job/game instead of telling us all that it's broken because it isn't meeting his expectations or PUG experience.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 08:49:46  
Yeah, that's the downside of 14, isn't it?

With 11, you can't go from 1-99 and expect to be useful at anything if you have never swung a weapon. I just recently got CUL from 1 to 70 without cooking anything on 14. (Sidenote: it's really 68, but I still haven't cooked anything, nothing like leveling up in 11).
By fonewear 2019-04-26 09:05:38  
Make monk a healer every time you land a hit you restore HP for entire party and cure status ailments !
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-26 09:18:58  
Barstatus spells almost never proc unless youre actually a whm or run. The chances of barfire/baramn actually getting more than a partial resist on a non mnk DD is near 0, even with bis bar gear.

Barspell's are currently +230~236 MEVD against all checks of that element. The status ailments barspells work similarly and reduce the duration / land rate of that element. I've seen massive differences with barpetrify, barparalyze and baramensia as a WAR, who aren't exactly known for high MEVD.

The epitome of stupid is thinking they work well. Even whm guides say theyre for the most part worthless, given most ailments youll remove regardless manually before their partial resist times out. Baramne is one of the few real useful ones, and even with it youre still looking at 10+s of amne.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-26 09:21:03  

Given my enhancing skill is capped....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-26 09:21:32  
I don't know how you guys find the energy to keep debating that guy. He's clearly 100% trolling and we've known this for at least two weeks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-26 09:22:14  
Sylph.Banhammer said: »

I think if you came to 11 from something like 14 where everything is in easy mode, then you might have the mindset he does. It would be nice though if he asked for help understanding the job/game instead of telling us all that it's broken because it isn't meeting his expectations or PUG experience.

Ive played ffxi for well over half my lifetime, pretty sure i know whats up. Cant really put your own shortcomings on me.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-26 09:29:25  
We need a a real WHM to come and cast Cursna on this thread.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-26 09:33:10  
think if you came to 11 from something like 14 where everything is in easy mode

Lol let's not pretend that this game is any more difficult.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 09:34:17  

The epitome of stupid is thinking they work well. Even whm guides say theyre for the most part worthless, given most ailments youll remove regardless manually before their partial resist times out. Baramne is one of the few real useful ones, and even with it youre still looking at 10+s of amne.
If you are going by the Brady Guide, then sure, you are correct.

Barspells are not worthless. Yes, a good WHM would remove debuffs before they wear off, but (outside of a few 3rd party tools) there is no way for a WHM to know what status effect a person has 100% of the time. Can you state for a fact that you can remove all status effects from your party 100% of the time?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know how you guys find the energy to keep debating that guy. He's clearly 100% trolling and we've known this for at least two weeks.
It's called boredom, and this troll is alleviating some of the boredom today.

You should ask him why he doesn't cure DDs. That will give us all at least 3 hours worth of entertainment.

Dance monkey, dance!
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-26 09:46:24  
It's called boredom, and this troll is alleviating some of the boredom today.

Makes the slow work days go by just a bit quicker.

The epitome of stupid is thinking they work well.

So run dodges stuff cause of high meva yeah? So what if its applied to a DD, oh right DDs cant dodge enfeebs, take hits, self sustain, honestly its a miracle they can even attack a mob without dying immediately
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-26 09:56:06  
Happy Friday FFXI. Brought to you by the wonderful folks in the WHM Comprehensive Job Guide. Next week's troll discussion will be sponsored by the folks over at the BLM thread. Stay tuned!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 09:57:06  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Next week's troll discussion will be sponsored by the folks over at the BLM thread.
/walks in

Everyone knows that SCHs are the best nukers

/walks out
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-26 10:09:55  
Well, from an expert whm point of view:
Theyre at range so typically not getting enfeebled or hit by aoes
they take low damage possibly none with mana wall up
They generate low tp cause spells

Honestly blm is best DPS class so i can focus solely on the tank so he doesnt die in 3 hits, prove me wrong other DPS jobs
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-26 10:11:44  
Barspells are not worthless. Yes, a good WHM would remove debuffs before they wear off, but (outside of a few 3rd party tools) there is no way for a WHM to know what status effect a person has 100% of the time. Can you state for a fact that you can remove all status effects from your party 100% of the time?

Uh, unless you mean outside of your party (which you can’t bar anyway), you have a 100% legitimate way to see party status effects with complete accuracy and without having to ask them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 10:14:34  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »

Uh, unless you mean outside of your party (which you can’t bar anyway), you have a 100% legitimate way to see party status effects with complete accuracy and without having to ask them.
Without clicking on them?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 10:15:37  
Nariont said: »
Well, from an expert whm point of view:
Theyre at range so typically not getting enfeebled or hit by aoes
they take low damage possibly none with mana wall up
They generate low tp cause spells

Honestly blm is best DPS class so i can focus solely on the tank so he doesnt die in 3 hits, prove me wrong other DPS jobs
BLMs have their own self-cure spells. Other than subjobs too!

Drain can keep BLMs up and alive a lot more than any PLD self-cure can! And it does damage too!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-26 10:16:25  
Oh, well no (except for one character at a time) but it didn’t seem like you meant that.
By Nariont 2019-04-26 10:20:26  
BLMs have their own self-cure spells. Other than subjobs too!

You forgot they also have e.seal to land those pesky enfeens so the whm with no kit doesnt resist 5+ times in a row between cure bombings
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-26 10:21:54  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Oh, well no (except for one character at a time) but it didn’t seem like you meant that.
Oh, sorry about that.

I was kindof referring to how 14 does it vs. how 11 does it, in that case.
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-26 10:25:59  
think if you came to 11 from something like 14 where everything is in easy mode

Lol let's not pretend that this game is any more difficult.

I think it still has a steep learning curve for new comers. For those that have been here since the beginning it's way easier than it used to be but you can't just stroll in knowing nothing and be great. In 14 if you're dodging floor markers you're winning. The game literally holds your hand the entire time in every aspect. 11 isn't even close in terms of ease of play.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 95 96 97