On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 95 96 97
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-25 07:37:06  
Group II for mages traditionally been reserved for new abilities/spells... not holding my breath tho.
By DaneBlood 2019-04-25 07:38:27  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
And either way, tank should have defensive CDs for zombie. If the tank cant save one or pop 1hr, thats on them.

Here are 2 PLD's with massive amount of defensive CD's

If you look carefully, you will notice they have some offensive CD's too
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-25 07:40:29  
My guess is they want to do the same for all the spell related merits and started with whm since its only 2 to test with, so might see blm/rdm/nin merits put into scrolls and t2s shifted around
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-25 07:48:38  
I don't think they're going to redo all category 2 merits, but Protectra/Shellra V were odd cases because the single target spells were already scroll based. There's no other comparable merit.

The other odd case I can think of is RDM, because RDM gets increasing tiers of enfeebles through JP Gifts, but all of the category 2 enfeebles don't receive higher tiers. Not that we need another paralyze or slow, but Dia IV would have been nice.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-04-25 08:00:08  
Give us Reviviscence or give us death?!?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-04-25 08:02:17  
My suspicion is that Esuna will work in the same AoE fashion as now if the WHM is afflicted by status effects, and as a single target spell (subject to Divine Veil) if they are not.
That'd still serve to make Misery and the JSE wand more useful, without taking much away from Yagrush. It'd be more a matter of priority/strategy, similar to the potential for utilizing Gambanteinn, just with wider scope.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-25 08:02:54  
DaneBlood said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
And either way, tank should have defensive CDs for zombie. If the tank cant save one or pop 1hr, thats on them.

Here are 2 PLD's with massive amount of defensive CD's

If you look carefully, you will notice they have some offensive CD's too

Enlight and Lightspikes confirmed!!
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-25 08:12:57  
Any guesses on how they will change group 2 merits up? Hopefully some interesting options.
 Odin.Ceinwyn
サーバ: Odin
user: ceinwyn
By Odin.Ceinwyn 2019-04-25 08:34:13  
will i wake up not being able to cast protectra/shellra5! lol.
and the scrolls will be super expensive??? that'd be hilarious.
By SimonSes 2019-04-25 08:49:47  
Scrolls will probably be 100k gils from some npc
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-25 09:17:26  
wonder what they will change the augments to on relic legs & feet.
DAMN this means my sets probably won't be cap MDT anymore on most of my jobs.
By eliroo 2019-04-25 09:30:11  
Well they may be adding in new merit choices* so the relic augments may do something with those
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2019-04-25 09:35:15  
Change Mjollnir Augment to cure potency II :/
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-25 09:44:37  
That would be ridiculously strong. The augment itself isn't really all that bad. It makes it great for either single wield meleeing (Since WHM normally gets a large chunk of healing potency from their weapon) or it allows you to dual wield and use Sindri over Izcalli in healing intensive situations. Being able to cure in BiS while meleeing is pretty big imo.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 11:05:43  
Incoming teleport merits; 20% chance of instant cast per merit, +100% radius per merit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 11:07:04  
In all seriousness though; solace and misery merits maybe. Also would mean we can potentially devotion 5/5 and 1/5 martyr.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-25 11:26:21  
While they’re messing with merits, I’d love it if they would remove the weaponskill merit cap so we can unlock them all. Seems pointless to limit that section since you can’t benefit from then all at once.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 11:32:12  
Esuna is single target in other games, and removes all debuffs. perhaps they change the spell from AOE to single target, and require the use of Divine Seal/Veil in order to make it AOE. This would effectively remove all status debuffs from a party with one spell. It would be nice if the spell also applied to other non-removable debuffs, such as Amnesia.
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-25 11:39:26  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Esuna is single target in other games, and removes all debuffs. perhaps they change the spell from AOE to single target, and require the use of Divine Seal/Veil in order to make it AOE.

That'd be a pretty huge nerf to the spell and make yagrush mandatory in endgame, no thanks!

There's really really rarely any tp move that applies 3+ debuff to entire pt and for single target with 3+ debuff you get sacrifice already.

such as Amnesia.

Why would SE make amnesia removable when that's like the only situation that white dmg heavy job/weapon/playstyle gets used.

Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD? Lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 11:58:56  
Afania said: »
Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD?

I'm not a fanboy, it's just another job. I think in 2019 it's awfully ridiculous that, aside from blocking the debuff outright, the only way to remove amnesia is by dying or using a ring with a 35 second delay. WHM of all jobs should be able to remove that debuff.

Oh, and even in Amnesia heavy/capped WS fights, people still don't really care about white damage. Job bias is Job bias
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-25 12:35:11  
Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD?

I'm not a fanboy, it's just another job. I think in 2019 it's awfully ridiculous that, aside from blocking the debuff outright, the only way to remove amnesia is by dying or using a ring with a 35 second delay. WHM of all jobs should be able to remove that debuff.

Oh, and even in Amnesia heavy/capped WS fights, people still don't really care about white damage. Job bias is Job bias

Amnesia to me is just another mechanic. I can see why DD players emotionally hate it because "no I can't ws" and it doesnt feel good.

Design wise, it's nothing wrong with an unremovable status ailment that hinders dps.
By SimonSes 2019-04-25 12:39:24  
I would like to point out, that Ukonvasara WAR with AM3 and white damage set has higher white damage than MNK, even with Impetus up. Its a reverse job stigma tho. Even that MNK loses to WAR, 99% people think it's a king of white damage :P
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 12:59:55  
No one thinks its the king of anything, white damage just happens to be all it has.
Doesn't have best HP anymore. Doesn't have best Subtle blow. Nothing special for tanking. Not the best blunt dd. Not the best magic DD. It just has impetus.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 13:11:26  
Esuna is single target in other games, and removes all debuffs. perhaps they change the spell from AOE to single target, and require the use of Divine Seal/Veil in order to make it AOE.

That'd be a pretty huge nerf to the spell and make yagrush mandatory in endgame, no thanks!

There's really really rarely any tp move that applies 3+ debuff to entire pt and for single target with 3+ debuff you get sacrifice already.

such as Amnesia.

Why would SE make amnesia removable when that's like the only situation that white dmg heavy job/weapon/playstyle gets used.

Being a mnk fan like you wouldn't you want more mobs with amnesia so mnk has more value as DD? Lol.

It would be a huge buff, given sacrifice is almost always a bad idea, given all debuffs are worse on you than even a tank.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-25 13:13:04  

Amnesia to me is just another mechanic. I can see why DD players emotionally hate it because "no I can't ws" and it doesnt feel good.

Design wise, it's nothing wrong with an unremovable status ailment that hinders dps.

Amnesia sucks for all jobs, given most of what makes jobs fun is the job abilities, and for DDs you literally lose all your input with amnesia up. You might as well just afk.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 13:24:16  
AFK is the best way to play!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-25 13:53:06  
I don't pretend to be a WHM expert with regard to debuffs and curative spells/weapons. I was more or less just talking from the "make it like old FF esuna" point in the letter.

I don't ever recall Esuna being AOE and only removing a handful of debuffs that the healer had to have on himself. It was also never a self-targetting spell, ever. From every iteration I can remember, Esuna has always been single target on any party member, and covered virtually every debuff minus one or two. It rarely worked as an area spell, and it never needed the caster to have the enfeeble on themselves before success. Perhaps they could reduce the effectiveness of landing a full erase if being done on multiple party members at once, if they choose to keep it aoe.

Esuna

My suggestion with adding Amnesia would cover the rare times it is used as an annoyance (some amnesia can last 40+ seconds, though baramna makes sure this doesn't happen often). Albumen is at least one monster that employs several status enfeebles to a group at a time, if it isn't blocked. There are also full impact enfeeble type moves that hit a player or groups of players, so it's not a rare occurence that 3+ enfeebles could be on a group of players at any given time.

Bonus points if Esuna can be cast on any member of a Party/Alliance.

Anyways, it was just a suggestion.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 13:55:32  
fandom.com/wiki/Esuna_(ability)

Likely... knowing them... they'll give it a chance to remove (debuff) with (specific) gear to raise the chance.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-25 14:13:22  
Amnesia never should have been unremovable, dumb idea.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-25 14:16:38  
How do you remove Amnesia again?

I forgot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 95 96 97