On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 95 96 97
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:34:45  
Nariont said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Id rather be unable to cure them. Again, whm is most important.

whats more likely to die and cause a wipe, the guy whos in range of everything, namely tank, or the one out of range, and can revive immediately after and still keep going?

I need to let others die so that i can live to keep others alive is some backwards logic

Whm dying is more likely to cause a wipe than a tank dying.
By Nariont 2019-04-22 09:36:50  
Tank can pop CDs to take near 0 damage for the duration of zombie.

i didnt know we had invincible on demand, sentinel/batt isnt always available and if its a DoT aura, well, tough ***i guess we die
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2019-04-22 09:37:13  
Plenty of DD can hold hate and their own with WHM support and thus prevent a wipe.
By Nariont 2019-04-22 09:39:52  
idk, my understanding is that DDs die from a sneeze according to this thread, hell even tanks
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 09:41:19  
Nariont said: »
idk, my understanding is that DDs die from a sneeze according to this thread, hell even tanks
Allergy season must be a genocide then.
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2019-04-22 09:46:17  
I’m not talking about Helms, but on stuff like Omen or Ambuscade, our PLD can be weakened and debuffed to hell, still lives and if he dies, DD take over for a minute or two.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 09:47:22  
"I made a mythic quickly after having already done all the major prereqs i dont need to do again". Its not as quick the first time.

Doing the prereqs for my Gastraphetes took about a week. So yeah its definitely a bit longer but again, not 3 months.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-22 09:50:25  
It's there in the toolbox. Use it or don't use it.

Removing 7 debuffs in one go is no joke. Of course, don't be a dummy and use it to put para/doom on yourself. Don't purposely get yourself killed. Use your best judgment.

Zombie can be removed w/ Esuna after you Sacrifice it on to yourself, btw.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-22 09:51:05  
Odin.Bangla said: »
I’m not talking about Helms, but on stuff like Omen or Ambuscade, our PLD can be weakened and debuffed to hell, still lives and if he dies, DD take over for a minute or two.

That same content can be survived if the WHM dies for a few moments as well. So kind of a mute argument. This argument doesn't really even come into play for Omens, idk about ambuscades.

In content where you have to ask "If X dies does the party wipe?" the answer will most likely always be "If Tank dies the party wipes".

WHM has Reraise IV and can easily get back up start healing again. A group of mobs going around attacking everyone when the tank dies would actually be harder to heal than a weakened whm healing a tank.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 10:10:14  
eliroo said: »
Odin.Bangla said: »

That same content can be survived if the WHM dies for a few moments as well. So kind of a mute argument. This argument doesn't really even come into play for Omens, idk about ambuscades.

In content where you have to ask "If X dies does the party wipe?" the answer will most likely always be "If Tank dies the party wipes".

WHM has Reraise IV and can easily get back up start healing again. A group of mobs going around attacking everyone when the tank dies would actually be harder to heal than a weakened whm healing a tank.
Its far safer for the tank to die than the whm. Whm loses its ability to keep party alive effectively if they die, tank can get arised quickly and function far better.

In most content thats capable of killing the whm, the party wont survive long there after. And after you get up on whm the first spell youre forced to cast is rr4.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-22 10:16:16  
The lack of knowledge on how Sacrifice even works makes me not take you seriously, let alone you saying not to use it to remove zombie on the freaking tank lmao.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 10:18:33  
"I made a mythic quickly after having already done all the major prereqs i dont need to do again". Its not as quick the first time.

Doing the prereqs for my Gastraphetes took about a week. So yeah its definitely a bit longer but again, not 3 months.

Yeah, no. Unless youve done this before on another char or have a group to help you through everything, its not going to be done in a week.

(Not to mention the time ittd take to gear another job to solo the content required)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 10:19:49  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
The lack of knowledge on how Sacrifice even works makes me not take you seriously, let alone you saying not to use it to remove zombie on the freaking tank lmao.

Tank has defensive CDs. They should be fine.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 10:21:48  
Its far safer for the tank to die than the whm. Whm loses its ability to keep party alive effectively if they die, tank can get arised quickly and function far

??? The tank has to build up threat and the mob hitting other party members is extremely dangerous. The WHM being one of those members. The time you take to cast Arise on a dead tank could be the time it takes for a DD to fall face first to the ground. A Tank can live long enough for a WHM to RR4 and begin curing again.

If a a bot can die, get up RR4 and keep a whole alliance alive in Dynamis D then I'm sure some smart player could do it.

Furthermore we are talking about a controlled situation. Namely when you'd Sacrifice something like plague to prevent the tank from dying.

I'm guessing you've never lost a tank to something like Kei and watched as the boss moves towards the group readying Dancing Fullers.

Mob control, positioning and threat management are far more precious and harder to maintain than a WHM's MP pool.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-22 10:24:01  
Theres a good reason; it takes more than 3 months to get a mythic.

No, it doesn't.

About a week or two to halfass the non-alex bits, and then knock out the Alex.

Maybe add a week if you didn't touch ToAU missions or get captain yet. Reasonable 60 days.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-22 10:24:41  

Yeah, no. Unless youve done this before on another char or have a group to help you through everything, its not going to be done in a week.

(Not to mention the time ittd take to gear another job to solo the content required)

I mean I did it. So you can't say no. Also a group of people to help me? I had some friends help me through some assaults but most was done solo. Who would of thought that you can make friends in a MMO.

Don't assume your inabilities apply to the general public. If someone said "I want to make mythic" they could do all the steps required in a 1-2 week time frame.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 10:35:21  
Biggest time-sink is Einjerhar, and even then, if you time it right, you can knock out 2 runs of Salvage then do Einjerhar.

Do Einjerhar, 2 Salvages, Einjerhar, 2 Salvages, Einjerhar, 2 Salvages, and get, what, 4k (4%) Ichor and ~800-1.2k Alex (~1%) in 4 hours? Depending on how lucky you are, you might progress further.

2-3 Weeks is very reasonable to get stage 2 done for basic Mythic. Might have to buy some Alex though. But what a burnout!
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-22 10:49:35  
I would rather do 1 einherjar, run 4 ceizak delves (1.4mil per clear, not counting plasma earned on 3 characters) every hour.

That 1 hour after selling the bztavian wings and stingers you could purchase yourself 933 alex/6k. ea

Repeate that 4 hours you're looking at over 3700 alex which makes your alex grind laughable. If you can farm gil you can farm alex faster than if you were to actually enter salvage and do it yourself.

This assumes ofcourse you multibox 3+ characters to enter delve on your own.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 10:51:48  
Us solo nonboxers don't have that option though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 10:55:55  
Its far safer for the tank to die than the whm. Whm loses its ability to keep party alive effectively if they die, tank can get arised quickly and function far

??? The tank has to build up threat and the mob hitting other party members is extremely dangerous. The WHM being one of those members. The time you take to cast Arise on a dead tank could be the time it takes for a DD to fall face first to the ground. A Tank can live long enough for a WHM to RR4 and begin curing again.

If a a bot can die, get up RR4 and keep a whole alliance alive in Dynamis D then I'm sure some smart player could do it.

Furthermore we are talking about a controlled situation. Namely when you'd Sacrifice something like plague to prevent the tank from dying.

I'm guessing you've never lost a tank to something like Kei and watched as the boss moves towards the group readying Dancing Fullers.

Mob control, positioning and threat management are far more precious and harder to maintain than a WHM's MP pool.

If a tank can live long enough for a whm to die, rr, and recast rr4, they can survive zombie.

DDs are expendable. They die, nothing of value was lost.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 10:57:15  

I think that pretty much ends the conversation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 11:01:41  

I mean I did it. So you can't say no. Also a group of people to help me? I had some friends help me through some assaults but most was done solo. Who would of thought that you can make friends in a MMO.

Don't assume your inabilities apply to the general public. If someone said "I want to make mythic" they could do all the steps required in a 1-2 week time frame.

Really. You cleared all of rov, all of toau, got another non whm job to 99 and geared really well (most likely blue mage that needs weeks of spell farming and multiple gear sets to solo ein), and learned how to do all the steps on your own solo in a week?

Yeah, no. You already had stuff done and ready so you could before hand, and decided to only do that, which most sane people wouldnt do.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 11:02:41  

Its true though. DD hits floor, youve got more to replace them. A DD is expendable and wont cause a wipe.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 11:03:40  

Really. You cleared all of rov, all of toau, got another non whm job to 99 and geared really well (most likely blue mage that needs weeks of spell farming and multiple gear sets to solo ein), and learned how to do all the steps on your own solo in a week?

Yeah, no. You already had stuff done and ready so you could before hand, and decided to only do that, which most sane people wouldnt do.

Sorry I forgot to list all the prequisites.

Well damn if we look at all that it would probably take someone 28 years to make a mythic.

I had to be born first, then I had to grow up and then I had to get to a point in my life where I had some spare time to dedicate to playing FFXI.

Wow good luck anyone looking to start a mythic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 11:07:01  

Sorry I forgot to list all the prequisites.

Well damn if we look at all that it would probably take someone 28 years to make a mythic.

I had to be born first, then I had to grow up and then I had to get to a point in my life where I had some spare time to dedicate to playing FFXI.

Wow good luck anyone looking to start a mythic.

Again, unless you have a group to help you, you need a non whm job to be able to solo the prereqs. Which means you need likely blue mage leveled and geared. Its not like everyone has a leveled blu with a mab set.

And lamps in nyzul will kill runs solo.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-22 11:25:40  
Nyaarun it speaks very poorly of your WHM that you'd rather let the tank die than sacrifice yourself to save them. Nothing is more important than keeping the tank alive. Any disruption in them holding hate, even just for 15 seconds, drastically reduces your chances of winning.

The only ailment I won't Sacrifice off someone is Paralyze. The WHM shouldn't be in AOE range anyway or getting hit by anything, so why are you worried about debuffs getting you killed in the first place? If your WHM is so fragile, you should work on your positioning so you don't get hit as much.

I'd rather endanger myself than neglect my duties to any other member of the party, even the GEO or DDs. Worst case scenario, I die and get up again. It's not like weakness or double weakness affects WHM very much.

If a tank can live long enough for a whm to die, rr, and recast rr4, they can survive zombie.
The tank is only really guaranteed to live that long if the WHM does their job and removes the zombie so that other players (like the GEOs) can backup heal the tank until the WHM recovers. (Which, again, why did the WHM die in the first place? Zombie won't kill you unless you're taking a ton of damage somehow. 10 seconds of being unable to recover MP shouldn't cause you to run out, either.)

I'd argue that GEOs and BRDs can backup heal a lot better than a DD or mage can backup tank.

If you just stand there picking your nose while they're zombied and hope it wears off before they die, you're playing with fire. Why take the risk?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 11:27:19  

Its true though. DD hits floor, youve got more to replace them. A DD is expendable and wont cause a wipe.
If you go from 3-4%/second (that's being pessimistic, btw) down to 3-4%/minute in damage output, I think that DDs are important enough to keep up.

Sure, in a situation where keeping a tank up vs raising a DD, it's important to keep the tank up until the situation is in better control, THEN raise the DD. But that's what it is, a situation.

Situations change and are always different. It is the choice of the WHM on who has higher priority at that particular moment. And yes, nobody is going to make the right call 100% of the time, and yes, either call could lead to the same result, but it is still a call to make, and the WHM needs to make it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 11:36:43  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Nyaarun it speaks very poorly of your WHM that you'd rather let the tank die than sacrifice yourself to save them. Nothing is more important than keeping the tank alive. Any disruption in them holding hate, even just for 15 seconds, drastically reduces your chances of winning.

The only ailment I won't Sacrifice off someone is Paralyze. The WHM shouldn't be in AOE range anyway or getting hit by anything, so why are you worried about debuffs getting you killed in the first place? If your WHM is so fragile, you should work on your positioning so you don't get hit as much.

I'd rather endanger myself than neglect my duties to any other member of the party, even the GEO or DDs. Worst case scenario, I die and get up again. It's not like weakness or double weakness affects WHM very much.

The tank is only really guaranteed to live that long if the WHM does their job and removes the zombie so that other players (like the GEOs) can backup heal the tank until the WHM recovers. (Which, again, why did the WHM die in the first place? Zombie won't kill you unless you're taking a ton of damage somehow. 10 seconds of being unable to recover MP shouldn't cause you to run out, either.)

I'd argue that GEOs and BRDs can backup heal a lot better than a DD or mage can backup tank.

If you just stand there picking your nose while they're zombied and hope it wears off before they die, you're playing with fire. Why take the risk?

A dead whm is worse than a dead tank, so please tell me why i should kill myself over letting the tank hit the floor? A tank can take arise, whm loses too much weakened and is stuck unable to cure for more than 10s (unless you get an instacast proc) after dying. Running oom or being dead on whm is worse than just letting the tank hit the floor.

And either way, tank should have defensive CDs for zombie. If the tank cant save one or pop 1hr, thats on them.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 11:39:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If you go from 3-4%/second (that's being pessimistic, btw) down to 3-4%/minute in damage output, I think that DDs are important enough to keep up.

Sure, in a situation where keeping a tank up vs raising a DD, it's important to keep the tank up until the situation is in better control, THEN raise the DD. But that's what it is, a situation.

Situations change and are always different. It is the choice of the WHM on who has higher priority at that particular moment. And yes, nobody is going to make the right call 100% of the time, and yes, either call could lead to the same result, but it is still a call to make, and the WHM needs to make it.

Not really. Especially when the more DDs that die the easier time youll have with handling the situation in the first place due to fewer/less powerful mob abilities. Unless youre trying to zerg, not much of a loss (and people need to get out of zerg meta anyway)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-22 11:41:40  
A dead WHM *can* lead to a wipe, but doesn't mean that it's an automatic wipe.

Same can be said of a dead PLD.

Short answer is: You lost a major asset in the fight.

Long answer is: You lost a major asset in the fight but can still recover from it if you are able/smart/lucky enough to do so.

How about trying for a situation where neither one dies? Or learn from your mistakes and do better next time?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 95 96 97