On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 95 96 97
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 18:40:50  
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Most jobs are worthless without at least 1 key ultimate weapon. I think that WHM scrapes by with just needing Yagrush is just fine. It's not like making a mythic is hard in 2019. Don't even have to AG it.

Could be worse. Could be Bard.

Rema should NEVER be a prereq for a job to function. The suggestion is utterly stupid and goes against all notions of game design.

"I shouldn't have to get good to be good"

lol.

Arguing you need what is designed to specifically be bis for a baseline acceptable performance of a job as being "getting good", you have no odea what "good" actually is. Rema is supposed to be a top tier ideal, not a common item everyone is required to have.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 18:42:23  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »

That is still the animation for teleporting and the background looks like Misareaux Coast. Could be teleporting from Misareaux to likely Escha areas though.

Cures will likely have a low proc chance to teleport the party member to a random craig Crystal after update.

"All teleports activate instantly".

Dont like your party? Teleport them out now.
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-21 19:19:13  
Most jobs are worthless without at least 1 key ultimate weapon. I think that WHM scrapes by with just needing Yagrush is just fine. It's not like making a mythic is hard in 2019. Don't even have to AG it.

Rema should NEVER be a prereq for a job to function. The suggestion is utterly stupid and goes against all notions of game design.

lol.

Arguing you need what is designed to specifically be bis for a baseline acceptable performance of a job as being "getting good", you have no odea what "good" actually is. Rema is supposed to be a top tier ideal, not a common item everyone is required to have.

If you want to be mediocre just be mediocre. The game is designed to let people do that now. Just don't complain to us that you need a Yagrush to be lazy though because the job isn't meeting your arbitrary standard of acceptable job performance. Before I had a Yagrush I just leaned on Esuna, Divine Seal and Accession. It's even easier now with Su4 club and Cleric's torque. The job isn't broken. It's honestly pretty OP today.

The entire game is setup this way and every job has armor and weaponry that enhance their functionality.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 20:01:12  

lol.

If you want to be mediocre just be mediocre. The game is designed to let people do that now. Just don't complain to us that you need a Yagrush to be lazy though because the job isn't meeting your arbitrary standard of acceptable job performance. Before I had a Yagrush I just leaned on Esuna, Divine Seal and Accession. It's even easier now with Su4 club and Cleric's torque. The job isn't broken. It's honestly pretty OP today.

The entire game is setup this way and every job has armor and weaponry that enhance their functionality.

Youve clearly not bothered to read a single post by literally anyone on this topic then. Yagrush doesnt "enhance functionality", it makes it actually usable, since as it stands, whm physically cannot keep up with -nas without it. Divine seal is a 10m CD, esuna requires you to get the debuff, which is a stupid idea most of the time given the debuffs that matter most to erase will literally force a wipe if theyre on you, and the head piece is only 22%.

The 3 second global lockout means you cant afford much time, if any, casting anything thats not a cure.
 Sylph.Banhammer
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-21 20:15:43  

lol.

Youve clearly not bothered to read a single post by literally anyone on this topic then. Yagrush doesnt "enhance functionality", it makes it actually usable, since as it stands, whm physically cannot keep up with -nas without it. Divine seal is a 10m CD, esuna requires you to get the debuff, which is a stupid idea most of the time given the debuffs that matter most to erase will literally force a wipe if theyre on you, and the head piece is only 22%.

The 3 second global lockout means you cant afford much time, if any, casting anything thats not a cure.

I read it, it's just dumb. If you want debuffs off instantly, make a Yagrush. If you wanna get them off a little slower, don't.
By Nariont 2019-04-21 20:31:03  
I really gotta ask, just to whms in general, is it normal to just have tanks/dds that drop as soon as the mob looks their way? and that you have so many debuffs going at one time that /sch, esuna, jse neck, and DS cant keep up, im all for lowering DS down to give the job a more natural non-yag option, i just havent run into a situation that you needed all of this aswell as DDs or tanks dropping like flies unless its just a really bad pug.

or its some nonsense like en-doom/curse or respective auras, crap like that can be really annoying yeah
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-04-21 20:50:00  
Nariont said: »
I really gotta ask, just to whms in general, is it normal to just have tanks/dds that drop as soon as the mob looks their way? and that you have so many debuffs going at one time that /sch, esuna, jse neck, and DS cant keep up, im all for lowering DS down to give the job a more natural non-yag option, i just havent run into a situation that you needed all of this aswell as DDs or tanks dropping like flies unless its just a really bad pug.

or its some nonsense like en-doom/curse or respective auras, crap like that can be really annoying yeah

Yes. It happens. Not often... but it does happen.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-21 21:47:27  
It happens more often than it should, for sure. Defense down may as well be doom. When mobs do multiple debuffs and one of them is def- pretty much always ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-04-21 21:56:50  
Current Ambuscade - Urchins soul eater / 100 fists, so dd's fall as soon as they are looked at

Wave 3 Divergence Boss: DD's fall as soon as they looked at.

those are the 2 that pop into mind atm.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-21 22:11:57  
I really gotta ask, just to whms in general, is it normal to just have tanks/dds that drop as soon as the mob looks their way?

DDs dying immediately is par for the course.

Nothing a WHM can do. Pre-emptive cureskin spam, flash, w/e.

You think they'll snap into hybrid, turn or duck for cover or something, but they'll see the monster JA incoming and still WS in full Lustratio/Ratri. DDs gonna DD.

and that you have so many debuffs going at one time that /sch, esuna, jse neck, and DS cant keep up

Sacrifice, too.

I rarely see anybody using it. I don't know why. I wish they did.

Along with the stuff you mentioned, there's no real reason why a half-awake WHM needs a Yag to do their job. It's a convenience at best, a crutch at worst. SE gave WHMs more than enough tools to keep everybody healthy and happy. It's just up to the player base to make use of them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-04-22 00:35:54  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
You think they'll snap into hybrid, turn or duck for cover or something, but they'll see the monster JA incoming and still WS in full Lustratio/Ratri. DDs gonna DD.

Their damage taken gear is for town for obvious reasons.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-04-22 06:43:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Current Ambuscade - Urchins soul eater / 100 fists, so dd's fall as soon as they are looked at

Wave 3 Divergence Boss: DD's fall as soon as they looked at.

those are the 2 that pop into mind atm.

I would like to add Wave 2 Sandy Orc boss to the list.

Quote:
there's no real reason why a half-awake WHM needs a Yag to do their job. It's a convenience at best, a crutch at worst. SE gave WHMs more than enough tools to keep everybody healthy and happy. It's just up to the player base to make use of them.

The argument whether a whm needs yagrush or not sounds more like: if the whm is a bot, get a yagrush. if a person is controlling the whm then they should have enough brain power to paralyna the war before the afk geo
By fonewear 2019-04-22 08:20:08  
I just assumed the white mages in my parties are so bad that they have to be bots.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-22 08:20:50  
fonewear said: »
I just assumed the white mages in my parties are so bad that they have to be bots.

If they were bots, they'd be decent healers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:05:23  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
I really gotta ask, just to whms in general, is it normal to just have tanks/dds that drop as soon as the mob looks their way?

DDs dying immediately is par for the course.

Nothing a WHM can do. Pre-emptive cureskin spam, flash, w/e.

and that you have so many debuffs going at one time that /sch, esuna, jse neck, and DS cant keep up

Sacrifice, too.

I rarely see anybody using it. I don't know why. I wish they did.

Along with the stuff you mentioned, there's no real reason why a half-awake WHM needs a Yag to do their job. It's a convenience at best, a crutch at worst. SE gave WHMs more than enough tools to keep everybody healthy and happy. It's just up to the player base to make use of them.

People dont use sacrifice because a debuff on the whm is worse than a debuff on the DD. It is usually a bad idea to take a debuff from a DD onto yourself. I dont know if ittd work on silence or petrify, but youd not want to for obvious reasons, curse would kill mp pool, para will cause a wipe if you get unlucky with procs, zombie would prevent you from healing and your life is the most important, doom you should be cursna spamming.

Nothing really strikes me as being sacrificable that would be better on you than the target.
By Wotasu 2019-04-22 09:08:35  
Sacrifice is good for Impact debuffs, which is mostly attribute down, other then that I dont use it.
But it would be nice if the changes to whm makes us able to resist absorbed debuffs depending on Meva.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 09:09:50  
Afaik Sacrifice is mostly useful for Misery/Esuna things and since Yagrush exists you don't really need to do that
By Nariont 2019-04-22 09:12:29  
it cant take silence so thats a non-issue, i only ever used it for impact + esuna myself, never really needed it beyond that.

Also its the only way to remove zombie status, didnt know that so thats another use for it
By Jetackuu 2019-04-22 09:22:31  

Considering you don't even need to upgrade it to get the benefit, going to have to disagree with you. It's very easy to make and there's no reason a person who has been doing WHM for more than 3 months shouldn't have one.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:23:21  
it cant take silence so thats a non-issue, i only ever used it for impact + esuna myself, never really needed it beyond that.

Also its the only way to remove zombie status, didnt know that so thats another use for it

Zombie is not good on yourself, so you really dont want to take it. Cant save mp with pants, and cant keep yourself alive if you get hit. The whm is the most important job to keep alive.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:24:07  
Jetackuu said: »

Considering you don't even need to upgrade it to get the benefit, going to have to disagree with you. It's very easy to make and there's no reason a person who has been doing WHM for more than 3 months shouldn't have one.

Theres a good reason; it takes more than 3 months to get a mythic.
By Nariont 2019-04-22 09:24:35  
cant cure people who are zombied either, would you rather be unable to cure someone or not be able to cure yourself? Besides you shouldnt be taking damage on whm, and zombies not going to last so long youll run out of mp, relax.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:28:14  
cant cure people who are zombied either, would you rather be unable to cure someone or not be able to cure yourself? Besides you shouldnt be taking damage on whm, and zombies not going to last so long youll run out of mp, relax.

Id rather be unable to cure them. Again, whm is most important.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 09:28:23  

I made a Nirvana, right after finishing my Gastraphetes so I had 0 Currencies, in about ~5 days. I did set a few alarms for Einherjar though, wouldn't recommend that! Still it definitely doesn't take 3 months.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-04-22 09:29:05  

Zombie is not good on yourself, so you really dont want to take it. Cant save mp with pants, and cant keep yourself alive if you get hit. The whm is the most important job to keep alive.

there's no other way to take zombie off, if you wanna leave it on for your tank to die against Schah you're welcome to.
You keep proving yourself you don't have any deep knowledge of this game.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 09:29:34  

You have Reraise IV and the tank dying most likely means you are dead anyway. It isn't illogical to quite literally sacrifice yourself to ensure the group doesn't wipe.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:30:57  
eliroo said: »

I made a Nirvana, right after finishing my Gastraphetes so I had 0 Currencies, in about ~5 days. I did set a few alarms for Einherjar though, wouldn't recommend that! Still it definitely doesn't take 3 months.

"I made a mythic quickly after having already done all the major prereqs i dont need to do again". Its not as quick the first time.
By Nariont 2019-04-22 09:33:52  

whats more likely to die and cause a wipe, the guy whos in range of everything, namely tank, or the one out of range, and can revive immediately after and still keep going?

I need to let others die so that i can live to keep others alive is some backwards logic
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-22 09:34:06  
eliroo said: »

You have Reraise IV and the tank dying most likely means you are dead anyway. It isn't illogical to quite literally sacrifice yourself to ensure the group doesn't wipe.

Tank can pop CDs to take near 0 damage for the duration of zombie. Me dying means i have no mana, a massive slow so i need to drop more MP/cure while cure IV is down, and the time it takes for me to get back up can result in deaths.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 95 96 97