Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69
Offline
Posts: 25
By Ozaii 2019-02-11 02:48:13  
Hey guys. I wanna ask questions about damage reports. Mainlyis it a bad mindset to compare drg to drk and war? Also damage wise it seems i can keep up with near perfectly geared samurai, keep in mind i am lacking augs for trish and regal ring. Is this just a me thing or is drg just not able to win the damage race. I usually pop stardivers off as soon as i hit 1k. Maybe thats part of the problem. Any advice?
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1675
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-11 03:27:51  
Ozaii said: »
Hey guys. I wanna ask questions about damage reports. Mainlyis it a bad mindset to compare drg to drk and war? Also damage wise it seems i can keep up with near perfectly geared samurai, keep in mind i am lacking augs for trish and regal ring. Is this just a me thing or is drg just not able to win the damage race. I usually pop stardivers off as soon as i hit 1k. Maybe thats part of the problem. Any advice?

DRG generally struggles against WAR and DRK in full buff scenarios because lack of attack boosting abilities. I think the recent patch helped a little bit because TP overflow for Stardiver.

However DRG has more utility than WAR, can manage its own hate, and does exceptionally well in low-buff scenarios.

Trishula DRG is perfectly fine for endgame DD content though. Comparing yourself to DRK or WAR will just make you sad, unless it's a huge margin, in which case you should reevaluate your gear choices. I think most (good) players recognize the value of DRG nowadays.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-11 08:44:10  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Ozaii said: »
Hey guys. I wanna ask questions about damage reports. Mainlyis it a bad mindset to compare drg to drk and war? Also damage wise it seems i can keep up with near perfectly geared samurai, keep in mind i am lacking augs for trish and regal ring. Is this just a me thing or is drg just not able to win the damage race. I usually pop stardivers off as soon as i hit 1k. Maybe thats part of the problem. Any advice?

DRG generally struggles against WAR and DRK in full buff scenarios because lack of attack boosting abilities. I think the recent patch helped a little bit because TP overflow for Stardiver.

However DRG has more utility than WAR, can manage its own hate, and does exceptionally well in low-buff scenarios.

Trishula DRG is perfectly fine for endgame DD content though. Comparing yourself to DRK or WAR will just make you sad, unless it's a huge margin, in which case you should reevaluate your gear choices. I think most (good) players recognize the value of DRG nowadays.

I've been undefeated in Dynamis-D for months running with full REMA DRK, WAR, BLU, etc. You are really at zero risk of dying the entire run. You generate more than 3x the total weaponskills of your DD brethren. You'll never hit hate cap on the final boss like the other DD.

Everything else it's only acceptable, not exceptional.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-11 08:48:52  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Also guns. TP Bonus gun now, please. Gimme those 2750 TP Stardivers @1000 TP.

If this were possible, the Kaja lance would destroy all our REMAs. WS @ 1750 (or 1k with warcry up) for 5.5 fTP 100% STR mod. Please let me have it :(

I was hitting 56k Impulse Drive averages with 60 WSD in gear and capped pDiff.

If you didn't need 102 STP, an XI Sam roll (with sam bonus) to get a fake 2 hit, it might even be competitive as-is with only TP-Bonus earring on 1min uptime on Warcry.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ophannus
Posts: 222
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-02-11 10:34:57  
Does DRG still suffer that much due to not having attack buffs? We have a permanent +20% attack, plus the job point +attack from wyvern attributes (+60?). WAR gets more with their buffed berserk (+35%), but its not fulltime like ours is, though they get a 4% higher Smite.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-11 11:02:52  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Does DRG still suffer that much due to not having attack buffs? We have a permanent +20% attack, plus the job point +attack from wyvern attributes (+60?). WAR gets more with their buffed berserk (+35%), but its not fulltime like ours is, though they get a 4% higher Smite.

It's not that bad, but it's very noticeable in everything except the highest buff situations or low level content.
Offline
Posts: 705
By SimonSes 2019-02-11 12:37:50  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Does DRG still suffer that much due to not having attack buffs? We have a permanent +20% attack, plus the job point +attack from wyvern attributes (+60?). WAR gets more with their buffed berserk (+35%), but its not fulltime like ours is, though they get a 4% higher Smite.

War with all berserk duration items (not counting weapon slot) and berserk recast merits, has 4min3sec duration on Berserk and 4min10sec recast. This is rather close to full time.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-11 13:07:39  
That said, that attack buff is mostly only relevant in Dynamis-D, if you're not stacking defense down effects like you should be.

Multiple targets/long fights are great for DRG. Bursty zerg ***favors other jobs by a significant margin due to their ability kits. Reverting Fly High to no recast (outside of animation lock) jumps would fix this.
Offline
Posts: 25
By Ozaii 2019-02-13 09:56:51  
Ah ok cool. So I should be fine then. Thanks dudes. Confidence boost +1 to drg.
Offline
Posts: 705
By SimonSes 2019-02-13 11:36:28  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
I've been undefeated in Dynamis-D for months running with full REMA DRK, WAR, BLU, etc.

People post same stuff on DRK, WAR, SAM and BLU forum.
You should start doing dynamis together lol

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
You generate more than 3x the total weaponskills of your DD brethren.

You want to tell me that you make 3x more WSs than BLU, WAR, DRK and especially SAM? If that's true for you runs, it's not a surprise you beat everyone. Your team mates are VERY VERY bad at engaging mobs or like me, they have terrible lags during Dynamis-D. There is no way DRG can do that much more WSs if everyone have no lag and people have same skill. Sure you have jumps, but WAR has 100%DA, SAM has Zanhasso and massive STP, BLU has very big STP and AM3.
 Asura.Veikur
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-13 22:11:08  
Just gonna throw out there; DRG can 100%DA with Fighter's roll.
Offline
Posts: 6108
By Afania 2019-02-13 22:19:29  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Just gonna throw out there; DRG can 100%DA with Fighter's roll.

Well yeah but no DD in game can do 3x more ws than other DD unless they are competing with mages with 0 MA.

Certain job tp faster, thats for sure. But its more like difference between 1.9 rounds/ws v.s 2.1 or something.

Edit: reading the origional post, he meant reduce hate with jumps=more ws in the long run since other DD either need to turtle or die. That makes sense though.
 Asura.Veikur
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-15 13:07:30  


MA set is better than WSDMG until ~1300 TP before Moonshade. For Kaja Impulse Drive.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-15 13:33:11  
Afania said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Just gonna throw out there; DRG can 100%DA with Fighter's roll.

Well yeah but no DD in game can do 3x more ws than other DD unless they are competing with mages with 0 MA.

Certain job tp faster, thats for sure. But its more like difference between 1.9 rounds/ws v.s 2.1 or something.

Edit: reading the origional post, he meant reduce hate with jumps=more ws in the long run since other DD either need to turtle or die. That makes sense though.

Your edit is correct.

3x WS in the total run is very possible. Jumps are a free weaponskill, you have 4 of them (one of which reduces your enmity by 29%..... If you're not getting at least 1k off jumps, your gear is wrong or your SAM roll is off. If you're NOT doing that many WS more than other DD you're doing it wrong.

I'll post breakdowns upcoming, but I guarantee that you're doing it wrong if you're not seeing a large amount of weaponskills over other DD.

Also, anyone coming at my DD is a bad choice. Ricon, Xenophane, myself, Justthetip, and Llucian are all top 1%'ers. Any two of these players can carry a full zone clear without COR cheese. We're on Bahamut and run every Tuesday and Sautrday at 8pm CST if anyone thinks they can prove otherwise.

Asura.Veikur said: »


MA set is better than WSDMG until ~1300 TP before Moonshade. For Kaja Impulse Drive.

I had a chance to test Kaja Lance in Dyna on Tuesday. It actually performs remarkably well on Wave 3 because your jumps CD fast enough to 3k your WSs (with moonshade) every pull. That raises weaponskill average for wave 3 to about 35k (my max being about 50k) instead of 20k and increases your DPS for the wave quite a bit. It's still best to use R15 Trishula on Wave 1 and 2 and for the mega boss.
Offline
Posts: 25
By Ozaii 2019-02-19 12:54:35  
So to confirm what you are saying is basically for the wave 3 mobs the new lance outperforms trish then? If so thats pretty neat.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 114
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-19 17:27:23  
Ozaii said: »
So to confirm what you are saying is basically for the wave 3 mobs the new lance outperforms trish then? If so thats pretty neat.

Yeah man, it's just the right combination of downtime between pulls so that at least two jumps will be up during. Those two jumps will help you hit 2750 pretty easily.

A 3k Impulse Drive does like 45~50k depending on your gear in there. After those two jumps are burned, I just WS at 1750 and it still comes out to about 35k every time. In normal circumstances, waiting to WS is a DPS loss, but the nature of wave 3 (except the boss) makes it ok.
Offline
Posts: 25
By Ozaii 2019-02-19 17:49:58  
Oh thats bad ***. Imma have to double check my wsdamage sets. They might be able to get some love.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Lothoro
Posts: 155
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-02-19 20:03:25  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »

I'll post breakdowns upcoming, but I guarantee that you're doing it wrong if you're not seeing a large amount of weaponskills over other DD.

Also, anyone coming at my DD is a bad choice. Ricon, Xenophane, myself, Justthetip, and Llucian are all top 1%'ers. Any two of these players can carry a full zone clear without COR cheese. We're on Bahamut and run every Tuesday and Sautrday at 8pm CST if anyone thinks they can prove otherwise.

Weird flex but ok.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69
Log in to post.