Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 68 69 70
By clearlyamule 2018-04-12 11:59:08  
And non type moves that are effected by dt
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-12 13:25:14  
know any off hand? i can’t think of any ive taken recently.
By clearlyamule 2018-04-12 14:12:03  
That's somewhat the crux of things. Rarely has anyone bothered to test for it. Always been kind of assumed if you rule out pdt/mdt it must be bdt or not effected by dt and done.

So for things that have actually been tested Martel did some testing on Interference from Caturaes that at least seemed to suggest such though testing them was kind of a pain so don't think it was 100% proven.

But the recent ambuscade with the Dullahan I tested Nether castigation a bit. Big take aways were it wasn't effected by bdt, pdt, mdt or mdb but dt, pet dt and stout servant worked on it. Also frames innate "dt" didn't meaning none have actual dt just varying amounts of pdt, mdt, bdt. But as already mentioned how often this comes up or matters is hard to say given assumptions made for most this game's history
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-12 14:16:42  
interesting. i still think mdt will get way more mileage though and probably won’t make a dt one for awhile myself
By clearlyamule 2018-04-12 15:42:42  
Likely. That's why I said eventually. Wouldn't prioritize it myself. And takes better knowledge of mobs to really make swapping really good anyways

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'd change the dt to mdt on back. damage taken caps at 87.5% for pets. if you're using optic 1+2+plate 4, one light maneuver and 21 PDT caps your PDT with valoredge frame, so you can edge out another 5% magic reduction that way.
That said this math is off. AP4 no earth is 20%. OF1/2 with one light maneuver boosts by 50% so it would go to 30%. SS is 9%. VE frame offers ~12.5 pdt for a total of 51.5% before gear so would need another 36 to cap. Still pretty easy to do and for any build where anyone is considering max dt they definitely will be easily without cape.

Though running thru the numbers has actually given me an idea for another use. Even with full DT set you wont quite cap pdt without cape with Harlequin frame and assuming it can shell itself you will still cap mdt with 5% dt.

Or if you wanted to go full turtle with stormwaker using full dt set you can almost cap bdt (85%) while capping mdt and pdt though pdt you'll either need a 2nd light maneuver, an earth maneuver or another AP. Though that's a pretty big hit to hp so idk about that. And besides full DT/mdt VE is ridiculously sturdy and gets more so every other update
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-12 18:17:53  
could have sworn it was 30 base
By clearlyamule 2018-04-12 19:58:19  
It used to say that with no links to any testing so when it actually got tested nope. Also I think back then was before people realized frames had innate stat bonuses so might have thrown stuff off.

Honestly I'd one day like to see a lot of the stuff that doesn't have testing or at least direct numbers given by SE tested since a lot just appears to be values with no data to parse behind it... and even some of that since they did who knows wtf with ranged ws.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-12 20:47:10  
are the only pieces with auto skill nibiru sainti/gnaf and karagoz legs?
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-12 20:53:50  
If I remember correctly, naga feet also have 10
By clearlyamule 2018-04-12 20:55:53  
Naga feet
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-12 21:02:32  
oh yeah. doesn't give much options, though. wanted to test skill based potency such as poison.
 Asura.Xelnok
サーバ: Asura
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-04-26 22:36:41  
I'm wanting to get some more JPs on apex crabs during the campaign that is coming up, and I was thinking if I have good enough gear I could self SC darkness, and also tank. When I did this a little a few years ago I noticed that I would get TP faster than my maton. I have a bunch of Taeon -3dt, +22-25 accuracy, and +4-5 DA pieces, but I see in some of the recommended sets herculean pieces with +10~ store TP for the pet only sets.

Basically how would 25 DA (and 120~ accuracy) compare to 50~ store tp if I want my automaton to get as much TP as fast as possible in a short time?

Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Aerix 2018-06-10 12:34:15  
Shedu, Thu'ban and Vir'ava confirmed soloable by properly geared PUP with Overdrive (COR makes everything significantly easier, though). Sarama is possible too, but absolutely requires a COR and a GEO for Fade is really, really recommended. I used Shiromochi on all of them.

VE/SS attachment setups are mostly as follows: Attuner, Speedloader II, Turbo Charger I+II, Target Marker, Coiler II, Armor Plate IV, Optic Fiber I+II, Auto-Repair Kit IV, Inhibitor I+II. I replaced Target Marker with Galvanizer for Shedu to counter his Hundred Fists.
Sarama requires magic defense more than PDT usually. Bring lots of Dawn Mulsums for him. Shedu and Thu'ban are mostly just engage, OD and wait kills, while staying at long range to avoid Fulmination/Nerve Gas. Required 0-3 Dawn Mulsums for each try, usually.

Vir'ava requires a little more work, but it isn't a big deal. I went PUP/RDM for defensive buffs (Blink, SS, Phalanx). Summon AATT, AAMR + Shikaree Z (to boost Beast and Drachen Roll, if you have a COR) and a healer.
Upon spawning, Ventriloquy, engage the maton and OD. Dia II it, then run away to 25'+ distance from maton (to avoid Meteors later on) and stay in Overdrive gear until Frond Fatale. Once adds pop, switch to PDT gear and immediately engage any of the adds as fast as possible. Turn away to avoid damaging them and wait while AATT Sleepga II's them. As soon as it lands, disengage and switch back to Overdrive gear to watch your maton destroy Vir'ava. Make sure to Tactical Switch or wipe your TP so your maton doesn't get stuck holding its WSs forever. And move away from the slept adds as they have a poison aura.

Vir'ava might be possible without the use of Overdrive, but it involves a lot more risk that's not really worth it, as pop items are pretty pricey. It's a good way to get your Abnoba Kaftan or Rao body abjuration, if you don't have them yet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-06-10 15:18:28  
Question for Virava : does it work without KKK ?
By Aerix 2018-06-10 18:31:09  
Yeah, I don't really use KKK AM3 for Overdrive zerging as the maton has a 3-hit build including TP from WS and very high Double Attack+% with Coiler II+Optic Fibers (or 100% with both Coilers). The extra white damage and TP overflow don't make much of a difference when the maton doesn't always WS immediately. I use Ohrmazd with TP Bonus instead.
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-06-11 08:11:01  
What do you use as pdt set ? herc set + defending dark rings + loricate ?
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-06-11 11:29:46  
Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Moonbow Belt/+1, Genmei Earring. I also utilize Vrikodara Jupon (3PDT, 2 Refresh) since I'm usually /whm in my pet group setups.
By Numquam 2018-06-12 14:16:22  
Does SS have dt- on it?
By clearlyamule 2018-06-12 14:18:22  
no it has pdt, mdt and bdt
[+]
By Aerix 2018-06-14 20:35:36  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Moonbow Belt/+1, Genmei Earring. I also utilize Vrikodara Jupon (3PDT, 2 Refresh) since I'm usually /whm in my pet group setups.

Pretty much what Znitch said + Ambu cape + Odnowa Earring+1 for extra HP.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-28 14:06:20  
I use this set as my standard DT/PDT set (only other master defensive set I maintain is a heavy Meva set with 5/5 Heyoka):
ItemSet 359731

Notes:
PDT-47% before Herc augments, and I have a DT-4% aug on the Herc legs. I just use my normal TP Herc Boots. Cape is my TP cape with PDT-10% Resin augment.
Head: My rationale for Heyoka Cap is mainly due to good HP/Meva, never hurts in a defensive set and there's nothing particularly awesome for PDT gear in that slot anyway (and can cap without the slot). Decent DD stats with Acc/crit too, to reduce offensive dropoff when meleeing.
Body: Udug Jacket is obviously BiS here, but good freaking luck getting one! Lacking that, I lean toward Ryuo body due to the high HP and, like Heyoka, still keeps decent DD stats to minimize the nerf to my offense when I might be meleeing in the set.
Ears: I tend to just stick Meva earrings in my DT- sets since I'm capping PDT anyway without that slot. I don't really love Odnowa especially on PUP, since the MP-100 is really kind of a drag if you're ever tanking while /WHM (I don't maintain separate /WHM and /melee DT sets, but if you do this might not be a concern for you).
Rings: 2nd ring to go with D.Ring obviously has some flexibility: Gelatinous/+1, Vocane/+1, Dark Ring, Patricius Ring, etc.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-28 14:24:37  
Also... actually found a practical use for automaton nuking. I kinda like it in Dynamis[D]. Good for statue killing on pulls, and for midboss if you do that nuke style (like my group usually does). Fairly useless on the fodder mobs, but PUP as a melee performs pretty solidly there anyway even with no contribution from puppet.

For statues, there's plenty of time between pulls to refill MP and get maneuvers back up, and have all spell timers ready. I've found that a 3x Ice puppet nuke might not necessarily one-shot a stat, but combined with like one other nuking mage or a DD with a magical WS, that's usually enough to kill the stat nearly immediately after pull.

And for midboss, there are only so many magic bursts so it's not really a huge detriment that the puppet generally hits only a single nuke per MB (lessening the negative impact of Spiritreaver generally falling behind other mages over time just due to the limitation of only one decent nuke per MB). My last run we had a SCH doing SCs and good GEO RDM doing most of the other nuking. The puppet didn't beat the GEO RDM damage numbers, but hung with them in the same ballpark. Able to pull of ~50-60k-ish MBs on midboss (once per Magic Burst window) without food or COR rolls, just whatever GEO bubbles were on the NM. Not a bad 2nd tier nuke job.

I use Kenkonken for most of the run since I still melee mobs on the normal pulls, and just leave the puppet un-deployed while I refresh with a dark maneuver or two (if I don't feel the need to just deactivate/activate). Also nice to have the overload resistance when you're spamming so many ice maneuvers, especially right after an activate. Though, not much need to worry about TP during midboss so that's a place where you might swap in a nuke oriented H2H.

My nuke set is good but not flawless:
ItemSet 359733

Notes:
Head/Hands: Path D on both Rawhide Mask and Naga Tekko. Could also go with Tali'ah in either slot for more Macc.
Body: Obviously Udug is ideal, but (just like the DT- set in my previous post), good luck getting one! Tali'ah +2 is next best.
Rings: Nothing helps aside from Tali'ah, so I just use D.Ring for my second ring to protect myself from AoE a little bit
Back: Since pet tanking cape doesn't have great use for all of the augment slots, mine is dual purpose and I use Sap/Resin slots for Pet:Regen/DT, and Thread/Dye for Pet:Macc/dmg
Legs/Feet: Pitre +3 obviously better, but expensive for the very niche use case. Foire +2/+3 feet are also good, and worth getting anyway for the Repair aspect (I used Foire+3 for all my nuking until I got PUP footshards, and they're still BiS from a Macc perspective). Tali'ah+2 is fine if that's what you have.

Attachments:
Aside from midboss I don't set for MBs since I'm usually just dropping one big non-bursted nuke on the statue on pull. For midboss, I swap in both Amplifiers. 1200 gift required for the below:

Non-midboss:
Ice Maker (important! I pretty much always get 3 ice up for statue nukes and for MBs on the midboss, though occasionally time constraints when MBing with the mages means I only get 2x ice up for some nukes)
Loudspeaker IV
Tranquilizer III
Optic Fiber I&II
Auto-Repair III
Mana Channeler I&II
Heatsink
Mana Tanks to fill

Midboss:
I take out the Tranq III and a Mana Tank to fit both Amplifiers. If you wanna use a H2H that actually helps nukes, could do that here too since you aren't really fighting anything in between nukes for the NM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2018-07-05 09:56:23  
So looking at the update, the new weapon seems useful for magic accuracy, and that is about it at the moment. Augments to come may well turn this it a very useful weapon, however.

The really neat thing in this update is the new food. Oh boy, it just kicks the ***out of any existing food for PUP. It boosts every single stat, meaning it is the best food in any situation. And to top it off, it grants STP. The downside is that it is going to be a real *** to craft. Hopefully your linkshell has a dedicated crafter to help you make this stuff. It's too painful to make for an every instance food, and it doesn't stack. But if you plan to do something extra difficult, it may well be worthwhile to keep a few in storage to pull out when you need them.

Here's the recipe lifted from BG:

Light Crystal
Holy Water
Cursed Beverage
Cursed Soup
Orc Offering
Quadav Offering
Yagudo Offering
Goblin Offering

I suspect that the Offerings come from the third wave of Dynamis D.

Edit: Looking at the weapons, you likely can have more than one augmented. There isn't a reason to believe they are restricted. This may well mean that you're going to want more than one of these. With the way the boxes on these look, you don't specifically have to get an HQ2 on the synth on the weapons, although the necks might be different. Or both are. Dunno yet. These will likely be time consuming.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-05 15:20:32  
from other thread, it looks like all the crafting materials are purchasable from Aurix using divergence drops.

I'll confirm, but that was the explanation why there are already some of these on ah.

Wish SeaGalka were there, he has tier 3 shield methinks for cooking.

This food really is awesome. I mean 20 mab is nice upgrade from 15 MAB from Grape Daifuku +1, but having both that AND 90 Macc AND 20 INT is pretty darn awesome.

And the pattern is repeated for physical: You get STR, DEX, VIT and AGI for any weaponskill + Attack and Accuracy to rival multiple other foods combined.

the food is fantastic for BST as well and pretty much every job, though niche focus of some jobs may have better options.

BST unleash zerg this will be #1 also. its actually makes using Falcorr more appealing. Its harder to get the STR+ in addition w/ attack + on bst.

On pup those stat bonueses should make a noticeable jump in Weaponskill damage.

Only thing its missing is HP/MP

Altana's Repast +2

A dish popular with the Allied Forces of Altana. STR+20 DEX+20 VIT+20 AGI+20 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20 Accuracy+90 Attack+90 R. Accuracy+90 R. Attack+90 M. Accuracy+90 "M. Atk. Bonus"+20 "M. Def. Bonus"+5 Evasion+90 DEF+90 M. Evasion+90 "Store TP"+8 Pet: Same effect
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 15:43:34  
Still needs stage 4 shield, so don't really get excited thinking that food will actually be usable.

Not stage 3, yes, they have to do the crafting spheres part, to make this food.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-07-05 16:04:46  
Yeah the shield thing is the real kicker here. So will be sticking to stewpots for awhile longer
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-12 06:17:24  
So I grabbed another Condemners to put some better mab bonuses on it for pup nuking.

Tinhaspa just seem a bit underpowered.

the bg-wiki page doesn't list any pet magic focused augments at all.

and after about 100 manual attempts I didn't see a single pet MAB or pet Macc bonus.

Is this really only obtainable w/ dark matter augments?
By clearlyamule 2018-07-12 11:40:24  
Pet augs are super weird on weapons I did a bunch awhile back and I don't remember if I saw any but I do remember I didn't see anything better that alluvion weapon for nuking
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-12 12:09:24  
Yeah, (excluding the new divergence H2H) Ohrmazd are probably the way to go for pet nukes if not hoping for DM augs on Condemners. Snoworbs can give Macc or MAB up to 25.

Other reasonable options:
- Tinhaspa are an easy way to get MAB+15 with no fuss, no augments.
- Gnafron's Adargas are skill +20, for situations where magic accuracy is more important.
- I'm still not entirely convinced augmented Ohtas don't have an unlisted Pet: Magic Accuracy +70 (like the unlisted pet ranged accuracy), but I haven't actually tested it. Wouldn't really shock me though.

Can also just go with Kenkonken or Midnights and get some benefit from the overload suppression: not a totally unrealistic concern when you're probably loading up with 3x Ice Maneuvers frequently (and often right after an activate). You COULD just macro those in for maneuvers and lose TP, but that's a personal call on whether your TP is valuable.

For me personally, I tend to just keep KKK on to give myself the ability to punch stuff. Good for the situations where I tend to actually find pet nuking useful to begin with, like Divergence - where I like pet nukes on statues, but I still melee the mobs. I suppose I *should* change to a MAB or Macc weapon for T1 statue boss when doing MBs, but meh... such a minor impact, and probably doesn't even reduce the total # of alliance MB rounds to kill boss, that I don't even bother with the inventory -1. For harder stuff like Wave 2/3 bosses, I can't imagine puppet nuking even really being worth bothering with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2018-07-12 12:49:18  
It is a point of absurdity that BST gets a better natural nuking piece than PUP.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 68 69 70