First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 130 131 132

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-18 15:37:36  
sorry guys, noob question again ><

RNG/WAR V.S. RNG/SAM

Which? ><

Normal Midshot
getting 295 TP/hit on /WAR almost instant shot (Recycle proc a lot)

Normal Midshot
getting 320 TP/hit on /SAM with an also instant shot (Recycle also proc a lot)

STP Midshot
getting 352 TP/hit on /WAR almost instant shot (Recycle proc a lot)

STP Midshot
getting 377 TP/hit on /SAM with an also instant shot (Recycle also proc a lot)

><
By clearlyamule 2017-12-18 15:45:45  
No need to compare recycle or shooting speed they will be the same either way.

Really depends on your setup and what you are doing. /sam offers slightly higher tp gain rate, more str and some jas that help skillchaining some. /war will offer a bunch of ratt and fencer.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-18 15:51:50  
clearlyamule said: »
No need to compare recycle or shooting speed they will be the same either way.

Really depends on your setup and what you are doing. /sam offers slightly higher tp gain rate, more str and some jas that help skillchaining some. /war will offer a bunch of ratt and fencer.

So in general , which be best for Formalhaut RNG ^^;

WAR
Fencer (TP Bonus) to WS is nice as hell
Warcry / Aggressor / Warcry

but

SAM
will give me more STP / Sekkanoki / Meditate

X.x not sure which be best to use it overall (I do understand what you are saying)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-18 16:43:20  
I prefer /WAR over /SAM whenever I want to focus purely on physical ranged damage, which is something Fomalhaut does quite well (until you pull hate and die/get the backline killed LOLOLOL). Berserk/Fencer outweigh what /SAM brings to the table for me. You can probably build just as good of an X-hit set without needing the STP+15 from /SAM trait, and the other /SAM perks are somewhat minor (honestly, the most sneaky-helpful /SAM tool is prob Third Eye for WHEN - not if - you pull hate spamming Last Stand with a Fomalhaut).

RNG really tends to shine when using magical WS though, both for Trueflight's incredible damage on most recent endgame content, and for better enmity control. Therefore, /DNC is my default choice and by far my most used subjob.

Offhand weapon (Malevolence) is HUGE for Trueflight/Wildfire (though you can also toss something like an offhand NQ Perun or Kustawi+1 on for physical-oriented situations), and /DNC Skillchain Bonus trait (8% SC damage) is very useful in most scenarios where I want to use RNGs. That generally adds up to more utility than /WAR /SAM & Nusku Shield to me, outside of situations where magical WS are just mega-resisted and Last Stand becomes your most viable damage option. While Fomal can really put out high Last Stand spam damage and take advantage of Radiance, it's also a very solid Trueflight gun - and using magical WS can really help mitigate the total enmity chaos that often comes with just spamming Last Stand.

/NIN is similarly helpful to /DNC for the offhand weapon, but it gives up DNC's SC Bonus in exchange for the defensive perk of Utsesemi. If you're leaning more heavily on magical WS, you're already at inherently a bit better place for hate control purposes, so normally I don't particularly feel I need to reduce offensive output to gain shadows. But it's a viable choice, especially if for whatever reason you think you're going to be in range of blinkable stuff.

Note that all of this discussion changes a bit if you have access to a wider variety of RMEA weapons. If you're only using Fomalhaut when in situations where you only really care about physical damage and Last Stand/Radiance, maybe you're more willing to use /WAR and Fomal for that specific niche, and you're using an entirely different weapon/subjob (Gastra, Arma, Anni...) when your concern is more on magical WS and/or enmity control. But Fomal is a good all-around gun, and I realize a lot of people may not have access to other RME weapons and will be looking to use Fomal for a wider variety of scenarios.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-18 17:40:57  
Fomalhaut is without question the second best Trueflight weapon choice. The TP bonus is huge for that weaponskill and means you can max damage at 2250TP with foma plus moonshade. Add a little magic damage that's on the Fomalhaut, and 10STP making x-hit builds that much easier, and you're in great shape.

Quick side note on magical weaponskills... get someone to throw a storm on you. Aurorastotm for Trueflight, Firestorm for Wildfire. The damage bonus is marked, as long as you have a rule in your lua or xml that equips your hachirin-no-obi when you have that buff.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-18 18:15:51  
It's a (very) distant second, tho. That 30% boost and those 30MAB bolts from Mythic are no joke.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-19 10:42:21  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
It's a (very) distant second, tho. That 30% boost and those 30MAB bolts from Mythic are no joke.

You'll pry my Gastraphetes from my cold, dead toon's hands. That thing should be a must for any career ranger- and I'm so happy to see more popping up on Leviathan!
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-19 11:08:17  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I prefer /WAR over /SAM whenever I want to focus purely on physical ranged damage, which is something Fomalhaut does quite well (until you pull hate and die/get the backline killed LOLOLOL). Berserk/Fencer outweigh what /SAM brings to the table for me. You can probably build just as good of an X-hit set without needing the STP+15 from /SAM trait, and the other /SAM perks are somewhat minor (honestly, the most sneaky-helpful /SAM tool is prob Third Eye for WHEN - not if - you pull hate spamming Last Stand with a Fomalhaut).

RNG really tends to shine when using magical WS though, both for Trueflight's incredible damage on most recent endgame content, and for better enmity control. Therefore, /DNC is my default choice and by far my most used subjob.

Offhand weapon (Malevolence) is HUGE for Trueflight/Wildfire (though you can also toss something like an offhand NQ Perun or Kustawi+1 on for physical-oriented situations), and /DNC Skillchain Bonus trait (8% SC damage) is very useful in most scenarios where I want to use RNGs. That generally adds up to more utility than /WAR /SAM & Nusku Shield to me, outside of situations where magical WS are just mega-resisted and Last Stand becomes your most viable damage option. While Fomal can really put out high Last Stand spam damage and take advantage of Radiance, it's also a very solid Trueflight gun - and using magical WS can really help mitigate the total enmity chaos that often comes with just spamming Last Stand.

/NIN is similarly helpful to /DNC for the offhand weapon, but it gives up DNC's SC Bonus in exchange for the defensive perk of Utsesemi. If you're leaning more heavily on magical WS, you're already at inherently a bit better place for hate control purposes, so normally I don't particularly feel I need to reduce offensive output to gain shadows. But it's a viable choice, especially if for whatever reason you think you're going to be in range of blinkable stuff.

Note that all of this discussion changes a bit if you have access to a wider variety of RMEA weapons. If you're only using Fomalhaut when in situations where you only really care about physical damage and Last Stand/Radiance, maybe you're more willing to use /WAR and Fomal for that specific niche, and you're using an entirely different weapon/subjob (Gastra, Arma, Anni...) when your concern is more on magical WS and/or enmity control. But Fomal is a good all-around gun, and I realize a lot of people may not have access to other RME weapons and will be looking to use Fomal for a wider variety of scenarios.

So in short:

• /WAR - Phys DMG (Last Stand)

• /SAM - STP and Third Eye

• /DNC - Trueflight/Wildfire (Cuz Dual Wield 2 Malevolence)

That makes it easy, I would /WAR too :)

ty so much :D

/WAR > /DNC > /SAM

Depending on what I need to do.

You guys Rock!!!!!!

Btw quick question #2:

Food ><

Sublime for ACC
Red Curry Buns for R.ATK

Is that correct?

or do I wanna use Meats?
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 11:21:26  
Don't forget /nin. It's pretty good for quicker fights fighting fodder and such and likely have hate for some time.

I'd also say it somewhat depends on setup. With a lot of def down /war loses a bit. But /sam also does less when you are really stacking the stp like with sam's roll

Another often overlooked food is marine stewpot. Kind of expensive but high racc/macc can be good for TF/WF build. Lasts forever and is group food that is great for many jobs so that can kind of mitigate costs some
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-19 12:30:24  
Don't forget /nin. It's pretty good for quicker fights fighting fodder and such and likely have hate for some time.

I'd also say it somewhat depends on setup. With a lot of def down /war loses a bit. But /sam also does less when you are really stacking the stp like with sam's roll

Another often overlooked food is marine stewpot. Kind of expensive but high racc/macc can be good for TF/WF build. Lasts forever and is group food that is great for many jobs so that can kind of mitigate costs some

ty man :D

Will get some of that then.
By Celther 2017-12-19 16:38:39  
More often than not when I use RNG for last stand spam, I find my attack is capped pretty quickly. (geo+cor+brd) so I tend to /sam for the STP which allows me to ws > shoot > ws. if /sam doesn't help you get an x-hit, and you're not attack capped, /war is your winner. otherwise /sam is pimp
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-19 19:06:16  
I do roll /NIN almost exclusively over /DNC when I bust out the gastraphetes, or think I'll be in a situation where I'll be switching weapons frequently and aren't quite sure where it'll end up (if there's even a CHANCE that Trueflight could come into play, I go /NIN for that).

That being said, I do plan on trying out /DNC in Omen soon to see what could be eliminated from a Kei setup, considering the extra SCDMG. These days its getting harder and harder on small servers to keep interest going in Omen (most ppl capable have already taken 2,3, even 4 jobs through for their cards by this point), and if you're after a body, its no longer a situation of overflow of people, its finding enough to have successful runs. So /DNC means higher dmg output because you're now running with a lackluster Dunna GEO mule versus an Idris main who now has all his +3 gear done and doesn't want to GEO any more...this might compensate.

I will say this as well regarding /SAM- pre Adhemar/Herculean gear, /SAM with Mekki Shakki was the only way to go for most Rangers to effectively hit a 4hit (3+WS) build. Nowadays we're shitting out STP from our eyeballs, one of our best weapons comes equipped with +10STP in a single slot, and COR rolls have been severely beefed up via items like the Regal Necklace. I don't find much use for /SAM these days outside of the aforementioned Third Eye save, or Meditate and Sekkanoki for Self-SC guaranteed when double shot is down. I certainly don't need it for the STP job trait- with almost any Samurai roll I'm sitting on a 3 hit.
By Celther 2017-12-19 21:04:07  
/SAM I've got a 3-hit with no roll, 2-hit with regal 11. With double shot up, the TP overflow is definitely noticeable, and with double shot down, you're still rocking shot > ws > shot > ws. the amount of WS is definitely higher with the right sets. That said, this is all assuming I'm able to use my max STP set (sits at 1283 racc no buffs in town.)
If I weren't /sam I'd need an extra shot to ws, which I believe overshadows the att bonus from WAR.

This is the midshot set I'm using at the moment. +92 STP gives me 399 tp/shot with no rolls.
ItemSet 355548

--edit literally just realized I should be using oshosi body until I get orion +3 >.>
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-19 22:02:23  
I have been doing this on cor more or less too, its very potent.On my cor (which a rng is nearly always with) I do tact/sam(crooked) and get a 2 shot 100% of the time on cor as long as they come up 11's. However this actually requires a few ticks from tact, but with ws delay etc you normally get 2-3 which is enough.

Btw my cor has identical stp as your rng :D however I the tact is needed since no relic head. But the idea is the same. I normally am nearing double the dmg of most other cor/rng in dyna now bc of this, and even explaining none can understand why....

/sam is very nice to have for situations your going to -hit and with magic based ws that zerk isnt as big of a deal. The dagger loss is the biggest hit but losing a few dmg on your ws to basically get a huge bump in amount of ws is very nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-12-20 01:22:14  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »

Be warned. Marine Stewpot is an AoE food. So anyone in your party will gain its effects as well, if in range when you use it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-20 04:06:43  
You said you were sporting a fomalhaut in one of your posts. With an 119(III) level weapon, I doubt you'll need the massive accuracy of a marine stewpot on most content unless the rest of your gear is severely behind (meaning things like NQ Adhemar is quite acceptable, you don't have to rock all HQ gear for this scenario I'm describing). Something like sublime sushi which still gives substantial boosts to ranged accuracy, along with +6 STR and +7 DEX for some damage boosts, along with some HP(40)- not like that's gonna save your butt, but it doesn't hurt.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-20 04:29:02  
Sublime sushi NQ is more acc/racc than a Marine Stewpot. I just like using the stewpot for situations where I need acc/racc/macc. Otherwise, sushi it is.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-12-22 14:00:15  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Be warned. Marine Stewpot is an AoE food. So anyone in your party will gain its effects as well, if in range when you use it.

Hi snap :D

ty bro will keep it in mind

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
You said you were sporting a fomalhaut in one of your posts. With an 119(III) level weapon, I doubt you'll need the massive accuracy of a marine stewpot on most content unless the rest of your gear is severely behind (meaning things like NQ Adhemar is quite acceptable, you don't have to rock all HQ gear for this scenario I'm describing). Something like sublime sushi which still gives substantial boosts to ranged accuracy, along with +6 STR and +7 DEX for some damage boosts, along with some HP(40)- not like that's gonna save your butt, but it doesn't hurt.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Sublime sushi NQ is more acc/racc than a Marine Stewpot. I just like using the stewpot for situations where I need acc/racc/macc. Otherwise, sushi it is.
Yeah , I do use Sublime Sushi and it works Great for ACC+ R.ACC+

Celther said: »
/SAM I've got a 3-hit with no roll, 2-hit with regal 11. With double shot up, the TP overflow is definitely noticeable, and with double shot down, you're still rocking shot > ws > shot > ws. the amount of WS is definitely higher with the right sets. That said, this is all assuming I'm able to use my max STP set (sits at 1283 racc no buffs in town.)
If I weren't /sam I'd need an extra shot to ws, which I believe overshadows the att bonus from WAR.

This is the midshot set I'm using at the moment. +92 STP gives me 399 tp/shot with no rolls.
ItemSet 355548

--edit literally just realized I should be using oshosi body until I get orion +3 >.>

That Set looks Almost like mine:

Preshot:
ItemSet 347652

Midshot (Normal):
ItemSet 347654

Midshot (ACC+):
ItemSet 355524

Midshot (STP+):
ItemSet 355523

Last Stand:
ItemSet 355525

Trueflight:
ItemSet 355611

Need to get:

Omen Armor 5/5 +1 ~> +2 ~> +3 (Eventually)
Would like to do DM Body or Omen Body for RNG COR (cuz STP+)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-01-24 02:23:46  
I'm sure this has been asked 100,000 times, but anyone have anything to add a doubleshot up midcast ra set?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-24 08:51:15  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Hi snap :D

ty bro will keep it in mind

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Yeah , I do use Sublime Sushi and it works Great for ACC+ R.ACC+

Celther said: »

ItemSet 355548

That Set looks Almost like mine:

Preshot:
ItemSet 347652

Midshot (Normal):
ItemSet 347654

Midshot (ACC+):
ItemSet 355524

Midshot (STP+):
ItemSet 355523

Last Stand:
ItemSet 355525

Trueflight:
ItemSet 355611

Need to get:

Omen Armor 5/5 +1 ~> +2 ~> +3 (Eventually)
Would like to do DM Body or Omen Body for RNG COR (cuz STP+)

Your sets look good. I highly suggest you utilize a gearswap that detects flurry levels. This will allow you to swap out snapshot in favor of rapid shot. I have 3 preshot sets that swap all on their own depending my flurry buffs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-02-08 03:59:42  
Hi.

Ive decided to do omen caturaes on RNG using trueflight WS. So i got 4 questions: 1. what gun should i use, anni glowed or doomsday with very good augs? 2. What head would give more results: herc with mab~30 or artifact reforged +2? 3. Whats the total racc should i aim in my tp set (without buffs) against cats? And finally will macc be an issue against high lv content?

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-08 10:33:43  
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Ive decided to do omen caturaes on RNG using trueflight WS. So i got 4 questions: 1. what gun should i use, anni glowed or doomsday with very good augs? 2. What head would give more results: herc with mab~30 or artifact reforged +2? 3. Whats the total racc should i aim in my tp set (without buffs) against cats? And finally will macc be an issue against high lv content?

Thanks in advance.

This is a bit simplistic. You can't just blast away with Trueflight on every Omen Boss and get the results people talk about using "RNG Strat" on Kei. That strat requires a SCH to create a Fusion skillchain, which opens the damage window on Kei, allowing both the weaponskill and the connecting Light Skillchain damage to land for full damage. If you just shoot Kei with Trueflight, he'll absorb the damage. This setup also typically includes putting Aurorastorm on the RNG, as well as GEO for magical bubbles, COR for MAB/STP rolls(or Allies/STP, the roll setup I prefer with an Idris GEO), and RDM for flurry2/Inundation/fighting the Regen.

The other 4 bosses will almost always give better results to Last Stand over Trueflight, and with less support.

Now as to your weapon questions, an AFTERGLOWED Annihilator is a great weapon for low-man Omen Boss runs, utilizing Coronach>Last Stand for Light SC, or even just spamming Coronach for negligible hate. Its an acceptable weapon for Trueflight, but probably the 4th strongest behind Gastraphetes,Fomalhaut, and Armageddon.

In terms of Trueflight damage and the debate between a MAB-only Herculean Helm vs. Orion+2 head, the question of "How much WSD does XXX equal?" (where XXX is any stat related to the WS in question, be that MAB,STR, whatever) comes up in all of these forums. There is no direct mathematical correlation between a Stat and WeaponSkill Damage. The ratio is fluid and VERY dependent on the rest of your gear! Many setups can compare somewhere between 5-7MAB=1WSD, but without a full listing of gear, its hard to tell.

Lastly- a Mastered Ranger using a RMEA can easily hit 1300 ranged accuracy in a TP set sitting outside of their Mog House without food/buffs, and maintain a 3 hit. Key pieces like Adhemar Kecks+1 (path C for TP phase), Orion+3 Body(or Mummu+2 Body), Omen Neck/Shield, and Adhemar+1 Wristbands(again, path C) all possess HUGE amounts of ranged accuracy along with functional Ranger TP stats (crit rate, STP, high AGI, -Enmity) so there's not a lot of sacrificing required. Slots like the rings/earrings/waist will be your "adjustment slots" to add extra Racc as needed in variable sets.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 11:33:39  
Seconding that you should be using Last Stand on anything besides Kei.

Even Kei is not really worth setting up a RNG skillchain, putting more emphasis on mages will get you faster/easier kills. If you need cards, it's passable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-08 13:14:04  
Eh, Trueflight is plenty strong on Fu too, and can be useful particularly if you have a non-Fomalhaut RNG doing TF as part of a light SC. If anything, when you're giving Fu buffs to where you're hitting 50-99k WS/SCs regardless, that (or Coronach) might even be preferable over Last Stand for enmity purposes - because you won't be lacking on damage. Even then, pulling hate and getting killed might be an issue (but just get back up and finish the fight)

Not that I disagree that Last Stand works well on all of them though. FWIW, Jishnu's Radiance is also excellent for non-Kei Omen bosses (as expected any place where Last Stand is good). We have a Gandiva RNG who consistently performs great on them, and JR spam works well with Light SCs too.

I'm kinda with Comeatmebro for Kei though - it's probably going to be easier and faster for most groups to just do it mage style. That's really the one Omen boss my group almost never brings RNGs to. However, if you're lacking in BLMs and have a lot of good RNGs (or you're after RNG cards while you do bosses), it's certainly doable.

Also, on an unrelated note...
Arcadian Beret +2/+3 is almost here! Time for RNG to care about Dynamis-Divergence ;)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-02-08 13:30:03  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Also, on an unrelated note...
Arcadian Beret +2/+3 is almost here! Time for RNG to care about Dynamis-Divergence ;)

Afania said: »
RNG head:
Def+120 HP+56 STR+31 DEX+29 VIT+22 AGI+37 INT+25 MND+31 CHR+26

racc+37/rattk+62/macc+37/evasion+64/meva+73/mdef bonus+4/ Haste+8%/Enmity-8/Rapid Shot+14/Recycle+38/ "Enhances 'Recycle' effect"

Thats All Base Stats +10, R.Acc +37, R.Atk +62, Rapid Shot +4, Recycle +4, more eva, m.evam and mdef over Arcadian Beret +1
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-08 13:32:03  
It is a nice hat I'm not going to lie but still doesn't make me want to do Dynamis D.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-02-08 13:48:44  
fonewear said: »
It is a nice hat I'm not going to lie but still doesn't make me want to do Dynamis D.

But it is Dyna-Windy... There'll be so much fun around the House of Mage Death
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-08 13:52:54  
fonewear said: »

That will be the most expensive +62 ranged attack I'll get - and worth every ponze of gil. The ability to get actual iLvl ranged attack on THAT piece, while keeping the Recycle augment, is priceless.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-08 14:02:09  
I don't know about priceless but it is finally something nice for ranger. I'll take it.

Priceless would be hidden effect WS DMG 300%.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 130 131 132